ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto That right there is an RV Clark (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275084)

Cannibal 08-25-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9915411)
Though (as I've mentioned in this thread) I don't understand the desire for the RV in the first place, I can understand the desire to own rather than rent. If you rent it each time, it FEELS like it's a lot of money. If you buy one, all your vacations FEEL like they're cheap.

In short, people who own RV's probably take them out many times more than people who have to rent them.

You'd have to use it A LOT to justify the aforementioned headaches, in my opinion.

crispystl 08-25-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9915414)
You'd have to use it A LOT to justify the aforementioned headaches, in my opinion.

Dude, quit making sense. This is chiefsplanet ....it's where we go to get away that shit lol

Rain Man 08-25-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9915411)
Though (as I've mentioned in this thread) I don't understand the desire for the RV in the first place, I can understand the desire to own rather than rent. If you rent it each time, it FEELS like it's a lot of money. If you buy one, all your vacations FEEL like they're cheap.

In short, people who own RV's probably take them out many times more than people who have to rent them.

And it's really cheap for you since you've already got an RV storage pad. Or is it a hockey rink now?

Raiderhater58 08-25-2013 08:49 PM

Drive that sumbitch to Kansas City for the Raiders game

Simply Red 08-25-2013 08:50 PM

RVing is pretty rad - quite honestly

BWillie 08-25-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9915407)
Seems like it'd be easier and much less of a headache to simply rent an RV for a vacation. Wouldn't gave to worry about tags, taxes, maintenance, insurance, storage etc.

From what ive seen renting an RV is even more expensive than getting a hotel, and thats not even taking into account the gas.

Ive thought about buying one and then renting it out the rest of the year. Im a big poker player and my dream is to travel around to the country to the different sites (Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Florida, New Orleans etc etc) Would have to think one could justify the initial investment then BButif you are using it only 2 to 3 times of the yr doesnt seem worth it

DaFace 08-25-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9915530)
And it's really cheap for you since you've already got an RV storage pad. Or is it a hockey rink now?

I like to think of it as a "half of my yard that I don't have to mow" more than anything.

Rain Man 08-25-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9915563)
I like to think of it as a "half of my yard that I don't have to mow" more than anything.

If you bought an RV and parked it on the other half, it would kill the grass and you wouldn't have to mow at all.

R8RFAN 09-05-2013 06:40 AM

Been camping since last Saturday... Had a blast..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...21104231_o.jpg

Ace Gunner 09-05-2013 06:58 AM

Looks like fun bruh. I've been too busy to hit the wilderness this summer, but I did just purchase a flight to Hawaii -- headed out to the volcanoes in a few weeks. sand. surf. down time.

R8RFAN 09-05-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 9939703)
Looks like fun bruh. I've been too busy to hit the wilderness this summer, but I did just purchase a flight to Hawaii -- headed out to the volcanoes in a few weeks. sand. surf. down time.

This was the first time I had a clear enough view of the sky to use the satellite dish ... I got Sunday ticket in that Biatch! :thumb:

Ace Gunner 09-05-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9939705)
This was the first time I had a clear enough view of the sky to use the satellite dish ... I got Sunday ticket in that Biatch! :thumb:

first class all the way bruh :rockon:

R8RFAN 09-05-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 9939707)
first class all the way bruh :rockon:

Not completely, it's a 04 model and the Winegard Dome Antenna does not support HD on DTV but it does on Dish .. I don't have an HDTV in it yet but I will get one when I find one that will fit in the cabinet..http://www.winegard-antennas.com/Ima...d_Antennas.jpg

Dave Lane 09-05-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9859794)
They're just in a weird place in my mental space that just doesn't work for me. Want to stay in a nice place? Get a hotel. Want to go out and experience nature? That's what tents are for.

They're just too damned expensive (both price and cost of ownership) for me to understand the value proposition.

The killer for me is you are stuck with a monster boat when you arrive where you are going unless you have a tow car.

Red Beans 09-05-2013 07:13 AM

You're going to foul it all up with your Raider's stink. Nice purchase though.