ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Computers Deleted Facebook Account (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275737)

Mama Hip Rockets 08-31-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9926817)
I don't see these as problems at all.

I get requests from people who I barely know. I just decline them. The dude probably thought your wife was attractive & tried to look her up on fb. She apparently has her security settings set so he couldn't creep on her account so he tried sending out a friend request which she presumably denied. People are creepy, but this probably worked out as it should.

meh. Pay your bills & keep your house in order. You won't have problems with credit. Also, don't hang out with shitbags.

Don't post incriminating & overly embarrassing stuff on the internet & you won't have any problems.

Exactly. Every few months Facebook makes some sort of policy announcement and everybody freaks out and threatens to delete their account. I have never been able to understand what the big deal is.

Frazod 08-31-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9927358)
You can absolutely keep people from seeing your page or finding you. And you can turn off search engine indexing so that no one can find you on Google too.

How do you do that?

DaFace 08-31-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9928679)
How do you do that?

http://i.imgur.com/o0ruDFF.png

I don't think you can truly keep people from finding you using the Facebook search, but you can hide everything in your timeline except for your profile pic and header, and you can prevent people from trying to add you unless they're a friend of a friend.

Frazod 08-31-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9928685)
http://i.imgur.com/o0ruDFF.png

I don't think you can truly keep people from finding you using the Facebook search, but you can hide everything in your timeline except for your profile pic and header, and you can prevent people from trying to add you unless they're a friend of a friend.

I've already got that checked. I thought you meant there was some setting in Google itself I could change.

DaFace 08-31-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9928695)
I've already got that checked. I thought you meant there was some setting in Google itself I could change.

Nope, that's all you need to do. If you don't do that, people can pretty easily find you by googling things like "Daface Smith Denver". You're all set if you've got that on though.

Rausch 08-31-2013 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9927323)
Seems kind of pointless if you want to see updates from specific people, but to each their own.

Just saw your sig and thought of a recent scan...

TribalElder 08-31-2013 12:44 PM

lol... Nothing you have ever posted to Facebook can be deleted.... Ever

displacedinMN 08-31-2013 12:45 PM

I do not have a personal facebook account.
But my weather station does.

Stories why not:
1. Got an email from facebook saying someone I know wants to connect with me and shows me whom I know on facebook. I know all but one. It ends up being a former student that I had YEARS before that. How did facebook know that? She emailed me a few years after i left the school. 1 email. They tracked it.

2. A student said they friended me on FB. My response was "How?" He insisted it was me, and I insisted I did not have an account. So the class had a quick teachable moment about being safe on the internet. I made him log in and unfriend the person who was not me.

3. Family. We live two miles from each other, you never call unless money is involved or you need something and I don't care if you had a great workout. If you can only communicate over FB and not in person, you have issues.

Saccopoo 08-31-2013 01:03 PM

Never had a MySpace page.

Never had a Facebook page.

Have never Twittered.

Have never texted.

Never used on-line dating.

Don't own a cellphone.

Mama Hip Rockets 08-31-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9928870)

Have never Twittered.

Have never texted.

Don't own a cellphone.

OMG! You sound so awesome!!!! Can I have your autograph!!?

TribalElder 08-31-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9928870)

Have never Twittered.

Have never texted.

Don't own a cellphone.

You are on the watch list most likely ROFL

J Diddy 08-31-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 9929021)
OMG! You sound so awesome!!!! Can I have your autograph!!?

You will have to wait for the pony express to deliver it after he gets his fresh batch of ink and new quill pen to write upon the parchment paper.

You're better off just waiting for Okoye's signature.

Mama Hip Rockets 08-31-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9929041)
You will have to wait for the pony express to deliver it after he gets his fresh batch of ink and new quill pen to write upon the parchment paper.

Haha

|Zach| 08-31-2013 02:04 PM

People that go on and on about being above or not liking Facebook are much worse than any annoying thing posted on FB itself.

They never stop talking about.

Bearcat 08-31-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9928832)
I do not have a personal facebook account.
But my weather station does.

Stories why not:
1. Got an email from facebook saying someone I know wants to connect with me and shows me whom I know on facebook. I know all but one. It ends up being a former student that I had YEARS before that. How did facebook know that? She emailed me a few years after i left the school. 1 email. They tracked it.

Facebook doesn't track email. She used the feature that lets facebook determine if anyone in her contact lists has a facebook account, and then you can email those who don't in order to tell them to sign up. It's completely voluntary on her part and facebook wouldn't have access otherwise.