ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Maryville teen allegedly raped by football player (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277426)

Eleazar 10-14-2013 06:28 PM

I wouldn't like to be the person who bought the kids that booze

displacedinMN 10-14-2013 06:37 PM

That story makes me sick.

I graduated from NW but have not been there in over 10 years.

Valiant 10-14-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10086267)
Well, knowing where the two go to school and where they are from, and their ages within a year or two should help with that.

You would hope that. But I know some of these are kids who are anonymous wannabes and do not do their due diligence.

Valiant 10-14-2013 06:45 PM

Yeah, they will make a media storm on the small town and hopefully some officials get some charges for dropping his, especially after the work the sheriff did according to reports..

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10086288)
They are absolutely destroying worlds on that site right now.

Maryville is going to get a pounding for this.

Good.

WhawhaWhat 10-14-2013 07:26 PM

http://pastebin.com/G0ahgG6Q

Quote:

Tuesday, October 22, 2013, at 10:00am we will meet at the Nodaway County Courthouse in Maryville, Missouri with daisies in our hands for a peaceful protest in support of Daisy Coleman.
Should be a fun day in Maryville.

listopencil 10-14-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 10086386)
What the **** all is that supposed to mean?

Just because we have guns doesn't mean that we go out, form a mob, and become vigilantes.

That's one opinion.

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10084841)
I don't anybody would claim she didn't use poor judgement in terms of putting herself in a bad situation but that's aside to a bunch of kids from well connected families potentially getting away w/ multiple felonies.

+1

Reaper16 10-14-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10086181)
I wonder if this didn't have more to do with their place as football players or just as popular kids than local politics. Who knows.

Maryville is not Stuebenville, culturally. Spoofhounds football isn't this all-encompassing Godlike presence in town. This is small-town politics and a county justice system that everybody complains about. The opinion that the cops and judges in the area are corrupt is pretty prevalent in the area.

Cephalic Trauma 10-14-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10087319)
Maryville is not Stuebenville, culturally. Spoofhounds football isn't this all-encompassing Godlike presence in town. This is small-town politics and a county justice system that everybody complains about. The opinion that the cops and judges in the area are corrupt is pretty prevalent in the area.

I've never been to Maryville, but it is pretty damn sad that the actions of few are applied to the entire town, and thus, everyone has to suffer the consequences.

Reaper16 10-14-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10087357)
I've never been to Maryville, but it is pretty damn sad that the actions of few are applied to the entire town, and thus, everyone has to suffer the consequences.

There's plenty of people in Maryville who have been outraged at this story from the very beginning. The local media in the town have done a shit job with this story, as a lot of Maryville people I talk to didn't even know the charges were dropped.

The town itself has a lot to fix about itself, though. This was a town that nurtured a high school community that let Daisy take the blame for being raped. The town did not stand up strongly enough for her family, who was run out of town by the vocal monsters. Silence = complicity.

Cephalic Trauma 10-14-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10087374)
The town itself has a lot to fix about itself, though. This was a town that nurtured a high school community that let Daisy take the blame for being raped. The town did not stand up strongly enough for her family, who was run out of town by the vocal monsters. Silence = complicity.

I agree. I think now is a crucial time for some of them to speak out and show they aren't completely apathetic to this girl's situation. Because right now, they are being portrayed as Steubenville 2.0 (and from your post, I get the sense that's not the case).

HonestChieffan 10-14-2013 09:34 PM

Got blasted on Ch 5.

BryanBusby 10-14-2013 09:36 PM

Maryville is definitely ****ed for sure and so is UCM if they don't get the rapist off their campus.

Cephalic Trauma 10-14-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10087422)
Maryville is definitely ****ed for sure and so is UCM if they don't get the rapist off their campus.

UCM is in a tough spot. Can you just expel a student for past charges that were dropped? Their hands are tied.