ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jamaal Charles is best K.C. back ever? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279156)

Hammock Parties 12-03-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakkaWakka (Post 10246718)
I'm always afraid that if I buy a jersey, said player will get hurt or traded.

I'm afraid I might turn into a weasel, sprout eagle wings and get sucked into a jet engine, causing an accident that kills thousands.

Deberg_1990 12-03-2013 08:09 PM

Greg Hill, Harvey Williams, Ethan Horton and Paul Palmer get any votes here?

Sorter 12-03-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10246730)
I'm afraid I might turn into a weasel, sprout eagle wings and get sucked into a jet engine, causing an accident that kills thousands.

Eagle wings?

Those would just look ridiculous on your tiny weasel (not ferret) body.

AussieChiefsFan 12-03-2013 08:38 PM

In my mind he definitely is. His lines and QBs have never been very good. Not to take anything away from Priest, he was a great back, but if Charles had that o-line, he would have at least one 2000 yard season already.

Prison Bitch 12-03-2013 08:42 PM

I used to hold onto the Priest Holmes thing too, but after the Eagles game this year I gave in. Jamaal is our best RB ever.

cosmo20002 12-03-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakkaWakka (Post 10246718)
I rarely buy jerseys, but I fully intend on buying a Charles jersey in the next couple weeks from Rally House here in town. I'm always afraid that if I buy a jersey, said player will get hurt or traded. I think Charles is safe. Guy is gonna be a Hall of Famer! GOAT!

Why?

Psyko Tek 12-03-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10245893)
Keep doubting Larry Johnson

can we bring him in for a look?

I got no problem calling JC GOAT

JUST ****ING CATCH THE BALL

Rasputin 12-03-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 10245946)
I'd take Priest Holmes in his prime over Charles in his prime all day.

But I'd take Marcus Allen in his prime most of all.

I'd take Marcus Allen blocking for Jamaal Charles. He was a hell of a good blocker and then give him the ball on the goal line or short yardage.

cdcox 12-03-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10246542)
Priest's for the end zone was constructed by an outstanding O-Line. And one of the best lead blockers in the game.

Don't forget Jason Dunn. It almost wasn't fair once we were first and goal. Charles would be every bit as effective.

cdcox 12-03-2013 11:52 PM

I don't think we can make a complete judgement without seeing Charles eating some nachos.

Straight, No Chaser 12-04-2013 12:57 AM

I think I like Teicher better when he took less risk writing for the Star

BlackHelicopters 12-04-2013 08:38 AM

Charles is the best back in franchise history. The sad fact is we are in an era of quarterbacks, and we don't have the greatest in franchise history.

WhiteWhale 12-04-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 10246205)
In their prime Allen>Charles>Holmes.

However, Allen was wearing silver and black during his prime. After riding the bench for four seasons courtesy of Al Davis, Allen was an above average running back, but not top tier, when he came to KC.

Charles>Holmes>Allen>Okoye (based on fun-to-watch factor>

Allen was a better goal line back.

Charles is better at everything else.

Halfcan 12-04-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10246528)
I've seen a lot of RBs in KC through the years.

Mike Garret, Podolak, Tony Adams, Willie Green, Joe Delaney, Allen, etc.

Not a single one of them had the vision and burst that Priest possesse, until Charlesn
And Charles is so much faster.

If Charles were running behind a line that Priest ran behind, he would not onlyy be in the discussion as the greatest Chief, he'd be in the discussion as the greatest the NFL has ever seen.

Putting up the kind of numbers he has behind a piss poor line, with no real support from a complementary passing game on top of that, is nothing short of amazing.

:clap:

Down4Chiefs 12-04-2013 04:45 PM

I gotta say so,Priest was my favorite just because of nostalgia. But if JC had that line imagine the monster numbers he would put up. The guy goes through some of the smallest creases ive ever seen and I have no idea how he gets through. Runs so hard with so much heart for a guy his size. All you ever worry about is him coughing up the ball,at least I do.

But think about all the handicaps hes had. No qb,not many receiving threats. And now probably his biggest handicap of all is having Andy Reid as his coach lol. If I wasn't a Chiefs fan I would wish he was on another team just as a fan of football. Id love to see him get 20 carries at least EVERY game. He could be greatest rb of all time based on his skills and massive output with so very little. I hate his names not as big as it should be,glad hes not a fame whore. We may have lost him to a bigger market by now