ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2014 NFL Combine - Players - The TEs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281612)

Jakemall 02-27-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10456959)
Can anyone name a single successful tight end that was converted from receiver? Honestly asking.

I already did...Delanie Walker.

saphojunkie 02-27-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10456994)
I already did...Delanie Walker.

Really? We're saying that's successful?

Jakemall 02-27-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10457013)
Really? We're saying that's successful?

For a 6th round WR conversion to a starting TE? Yeah, I'd say that is successful. He has decent hands and is a solid blocker.

Also do you remember Eric Johnson? He was pretty good too.

htismaqe 02-27-2014 01:09 PM

SHANNON SHARPE.

Jakemall 02-27-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10457049)
SHANNON SHARPE.

Oh..I forgot he played WR in college. That's right.

Jakemall 02-27-2014 01:29 PM

Interesting fact, all 3 guys we've mentioned were 6th or 7th round picks.

OldSchool 02-27-2014 03:32 PM

Side note: Has anyone heard anything about the Demetrius Harris kid recently? How is he developing?

booger 02-27-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10457342)
Side note: Has anyone heard anything about the Demetrius Harris kid recently? How is he developing?

I don't think we will get a good grasp of that until OTA's at the earliest. When they needed to bring up another TE from the practice squad it was Dominique Jones, not Harris. Then they signed Richard Gordon to replace Jones when he went on the NFI list. Both those 2 are better blockers and I would guess that area is what is going to take Harris awhile is getting used to blocking. He seemed to run some good routes and get seperation while having decent hands. Time will tell

Anyong Bluth 03-04-2014 05:08 PM

I'm hoping Kelce turns out to be a stud, and we simply had the misfortune of an unfortunate injury at the start of his rookie campaign.

That said, I would fully be on board with them going after another TE or receiver, to allow them to run more double TE sets.

It could prove to be a lethal package to operate the offense out of, as we could run Jamal out of it as well as pass in a number of ways & with multiple targets- play-action, screens, x'ing routes, hot reads, etc.

It'd be great to get a guy that could line up at the traditional TE spot, but also has enough speed to be able to split out at times. Much like NO's does with Graham, and part of the reason I think the Saints didn't franchise him was because it was already talked about the fact he would appeal to the league about being designated as a TE based on how he is used by them in the hopes of being designated a WR- which would definitely be a lot more if he was paid the average of the top 5 highest paid WRs in the league.

I do think having a true weapon roaming in the middle of the field is where you'll maximize Alex taking advantage of his talents.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/uTmBvPg-Kto?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/uTmBvPg-Kto?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

htismaqe 03-04-2014 05:17 PM

I really wish we had drafted Ladarius Green...

milkman 03-05-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 10455198)
I didn't say Clark was the best prospect, just the most productive in the NFL. I elluded to the point that Moeaki was much better talent-wise but not durable, and that Reisner and Myers were quite a few steps behind in talent, with Reisner being the surprise non-producer, for me at least.

There's no telling what CJ will do until we find out where he goes.

Elude=escape, avoid.

Allude=hint at, draw attention to.

milkman 03-05-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10455719)
I still want Amaro, but I have to put Mike Evans at 1a now.

I think that if Amaro is the guy you're targeting that you can get him later than 23 if there's a player that another team covets that they'd trade up for.

htismaqe 03-05-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10468154)
I think that if Amaro is the guy you're targeting that you can get him later than 23 if there's a player that another team covets that they'd trade up for.

Possibly. Sure would be nice to have a 2nd rounder.

Anyong Bluth 03-05-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10468186)
Possibly. Sure would be nice to have a 2nd rounder.

Ya, but again, a 2nd is worth not having to think of Cassel having been our starting QB this last season, or him being it ever again. Sadly, it's the price of a dumbass GM- Pioli tax.

htismaqe 03-06-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10468555)
Ya, but again, a 2nd is worth not having to think of Cassel having been our starting QB this last season, or him being it ever again. Sadly, it's the price of a dumbass GM- Pioli tax.

Not really. I don't trade 2nd round picks for warm fuzzies.