ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Terez Paylor mocks us a CB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282974)

Saccopoo 04-14-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10561711)
It all depends on what you think would be better for this team.

1st - OLB/DE
3rd - WR
4th - CB

or

1st - WR
3rd - CB
4th - OLB/DE

or

1st - CB
3rd - OLB/DE
4th - WR

1st - OLB/ILB/LB *cough*Van Noy*cough*
3rd - OL (You better ****ing believe that they need a true high level starter level guy at OG and a good backup at the swing OT spot because they don't have one on roster right now.)
4th - WR (There is going to still be a metric shit ton of talent at this position in this draft when their fourth round pick rolls around - Devin Street, Josh Huff, Kevin Norwood, Mike Davis, Robert Herron, Brandon Coleman are all very, very solid prospects who would give the Chiefs a very good potential #2 WR right from the get go.)
5th & 6th - CB, DT, OL, S, WR, whatever

RunKC 04-14-2014 12:18 PM

1. Kyle Van Mother****ing Noy
3. Dakota Dozier
4. Robert Herron

I'm cool with that

Mr_Tomahawk 04-14-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10562066)
1. Kyle Van Mother****ing Noy
3. Dakota Dozier
4. Robert Herron

I'm cool with that

I'm down.

milkman 04-14-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10561280)
Positions that shouldn't even be on te draft board for the 23 slot:

CB
C
G
OT
ILB
RB
FB
K/P

All of those positions are either extremely deep, where a player of similar ability can be had later in the draft (CB, OT) or are a position not worth of that high of a pick.

Taking Roby in what could be the best corner class in the last 20 years would be a massive waste of a valuable resource.

I don't entirely agree here.

If we had an ILB next to DJ that we didn't have to take out on passing downs, Berry wouldn't need to be dropped in the box so damn often.

That, along with a FS, would go a long way in fixing the coverage issues this team had.

Saccopoo 04-14-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10562557)

If we had an ILB next to DJ that we didn't have to take out on passing downs, Berry wouldn't need to be dropped in the box so damn often.

That, along with a FS, would go a long way in fixing the coverage issues this team had.

Exactly, and Joe Mays does nothing to help this and neither do any of the other tomato cans we've got on the roster behind the trio of Houston, Hali and Johnson.

It's obvious that Sutton appreciates Berry and would use him as more of a rover as he was in college. (That alone should make just about everyone around here giddy with joy.)

As it stood in 2013, Berry was your ILB on a lot of downs because Jordan and the like simply couldn't be relied upon in coverage. Having a LB who is very strong in coverage allows the LB to actually play the LB role versus having to waste Berry's speed in the back half by bringing him up in the box so often.

Having a guy like Van Noy along with DJ would give Sutton that opportunity. (Along with a guy who can cover ground at the FS position and a healthy Sanders Commings and Jerron McMillian should be able to do just that.)

kccrow 04-14-2014 05:46 PM

Breaking news... Sutton's defense features a "single-high safety"...

Berry isn't backing out of the box whether they have an athletic player at LILB or not. And the reason he isn't is not because he's there to defend the run, its because the single-high safety scheme is better set up to defend the quick passing game than a double-high (cover 2) type of look. And if you guys don't know that, go look it up, but this silly bullshit talk about two deep safeties needs to go. It isn't happening. The league is trending towards single high safety looks. Even traditional cover 2 guys like Monte Kiffen drifted that direction last year.

BossChief 04-14-2014 08:14 PM

Every time Monte Kiffens name gets mentioned, an angel loses her wings and falls from heaven.

BossChief 04-14-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Solid point.

I think they tried to trade up to get Kuechly, too. There were definitely rumors flying around that KC was trying to move up to get a defender that went before us. Not bad to end up with Poe, though.

milkman 04-14-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 10562681)
Breaking news... Sutton's defense features a "single-high safety"...

Berry isn't backing out of the box whether they have an athletic player at LILB or not. And the reason he isn't is not because he's there to defend the run, its because the single-high safety scheme is better set up to defend the quick passing game than a double-high (cover 2) type of look. And if you guys don't know that, go look it up, but this silly bullshit talk about two deep safeties needs to go. It isn't happening. The league is trending towards single high safety looks. Even traditional cover 2 guys like Monte Kiffen drifted that direction last year.

We are not talking about 2 deep safeties.

Ragged Robin 04-14-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10560324)
Another reason we might be looking at the big WR's is because in the WCO that Reid runs it's a nice benefit to have big guys like Bowe to block out DB's on that cross routes/short routes.
That's a big reason why Alex Smith trusted Bowe later on IMO. His TE's in SF gave him that huge benefit.

Here's a great example.

It's really ****ing hard for DB's to defend against these guys on plays like this, that we run a lot of in this system.

This is why they LOVE Mike Evans IMO. Too bad he is out of our reach.

Bowe did well late in the year because they lined him up in the slot in 11 personnel or motioned him inside where he can use his body to guard against defenders in the middle of the field (also easier for him to get open by design since he's not a polished route runner who can create separation on his own). The body type is not too big of a deal at split end or even flanker where our true #1 will be lining up. Just need someone fluid on the outside. I'm not a fan of the little dude receivers but not a fan of the big lumbering ones like Coleman/Evans either. They should pick someone up around the same size as Bowe (6'1-6'2) like Moncrief.

kccrow 04-14-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10563018)
We are not talking about 2 deep safeties.

If you're talking about dropping both safeties "back" into coverage, I can come to no other logical conclusion. Berry is playing exactly where he is supposed to be in this defense and I don't foresee that changing at all. We need a deep cover safety, but they may be fine with Abdullah in that role.

htismaqe 04-15-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 10563189)
If you're talking about dropping both safeties "back" into coverage, I can come to no other logical conclusion. Berry is playing exactly where he is supposed to be in this defense and I don't foresee that changing at all. We need a deep cover safety, but they may be fine with Abdullah in that role.

They've been talking for weeks about Berry playing the SHS position. What rock have you been under?

kccrow 04-15-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10563837)
They've been talking for weeks about Berry playing the SHS position. What rock have you been under?

I responded to the following:

Quote:

Which may be a misinterpretation. Either way, Berry isn't changing positions.

O.city 04-15-2014 05:53 PM

I really want is to take d'anthony thomas

kccrow 04-15-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10564535)
I really want is to take d'anthony thomas

I'm not interested in McCluster Part II.

I really like Rajion Neal out of Tennessee a ton though. Like many backs in past years, very underrated. I always look for change of direction quickness and vision as two major pluses for a running back and he has both. He's a great receiver out of the backfield which is a plus for Reid.