ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***The Laurent Duvernay-Tardif Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283598)

Dayze 05-13-2014 07:50 AM

I'll wait for Walter Football to chime in.

Canofbier 05-13-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10627047)
I'll wait for Walter Football to chime in.

He already did.

Quote:

Kansas City Chiefs: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, OT/G, McGill: A- Grade
There was some buzz about Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, and some even thought he could go as high as the fourth round. The Canadian could eventually compete for the right tackle job.

Direckshun 05-13-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 10621642)
With a name like that how can he NOT be a stud. Think of all the crap he has taken being called "TARD" when he was younger.:shrug:

I'm willing to bet French was the primary language of his community, so virtually no one has ever called him that.

buddha 05-13-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10627078)
I'm willing to bet French was the primary language of his community, so virtually no one has ever called him that.

They sure as hell don't call him that NOW. Seriously, the more you find out about this guy, the more impressed you have to be. He's huge, he's fit, he's smart, he's nasty and he demolished almost everybody he faced on the field. He's about to face some very good DEs in practice with KC, so his learning curve will shoot up immediately.

I can only imagine what kind of creature he will become in the Chiefs S&C program.

saphojunkie 05-13-2014 08:50 AM

He looks like a more athletic Eric Fisher. Seriously.

saphojunkie 05-13-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10621677)
This is hilarious. The guy delivered twins yesterday.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl...ncy-c-section/

I think he's going to be OK in life one way or another.

He's a 6'6, carved out of wood, good looking, French speaking, professional football playing DOCTOR.

This guy is going to impregnate all of Kansas City.

The Franchise 05-13-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10621677)
This is hilarious. The guy delivered twins yesterday.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl...ncy-c-section/

I think he's going to be OK in life one way or another.

I can't imagine that dude delivering kids. Imagine him being your doctor. Jesus.

patteeu 05-13-2014 09:36 AM

I love the fact that the Chiefs took a pass rusher and a secondary guy with their first two picks. Relative to draft position though, this guy is probably my favorite pick because he seems like such an unusually gifted human being.

TEX 05-13-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10627117)
He looks like a more athletic Eric Fisher. Seriously.

Not to me he doesn't. At lease not the running drills and foot work Fish displayed at the combine. This guy runs ankles in-toes out. Can get caught in "trash in the trenches" that way and it's hard to get top stride quickly. Very surprised more aren't noting it. Mel Keiper made reference to it a little bit. Fish had / has very good form. No wasted energy.

Still, I'm glad the Chiefs drafted Frenchy. I'm curious to see what better coaching and more practice can do for this guy. Tremendous upside!

InChiefsHeaven 05-13-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10627078)

Probably Le Tard then ...

DaFace 05-13-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10627161)
I love the fact that the Chiefs took a pass rusher and a secondary guy with their first two picks. Relative to draft position though, this guy is probably my favorite pick because he seems like such an unusually gifted human being.

Yeah, same here. I'm not expecting him to be the biggest-impact player we took in this draft, but I'm intrigued to see what happens when you take measurables and couple them with a lot of smarts. Will he just be too raw, or will he end up being phenomenal? Time will tell.

OldSchool 05-13-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10627238)
Yeah, same here. I'm not expecting him to be the biggest-impact player we took in this draft, but I'm intrigued to see what happens when you take measurables and couple them with a lot of smarts. Will he just be too raw, or will he end up being phenomenal? Time will tell.

He dominated with his pure athleticism and power while practicing only once a week. It's crazy when you think about that. What will this guy look like with living and breathing football 24/7?

formerdb 05-13-2014 02:36 PM

He will be the starting LG in 2015...replacing Jeff Allen

planetdoc 05-13-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10627152)
I can't imagine that dude delivering kids.

:D

He's got the typical build of an orthopedist, but not of an ob/gyn. I can only imagine the reactions as he sticks his big fingers in checking for vaginal dilation, effacement, and station. LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by formerdb (Post 10627869)
He will be the starting LG in 2015...replacing Jeff Allen

I doubt it unless Allen is flat out terrible. Hudson's contract ends after the 2014 season, and Stephenson/Allen's contract is up after 2015. Unnecessary changes along the offensive line wont help the them gel as a unit.

Easy 6 05-13-2014 03:03 PM

This guy is the sleeper of our draft... on paper its ALL there, top flight measurables, college dominance, high IQ, praises being sung about his mean streak.

The only question that remains is whether or not he's another Mike Mamula workout warrior legend... if not, this is a guy worth keeping a serious eye on.

He might qualify as my adopt a Chief this year.