ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Coffee, yes or no? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284556)

Why Not? 06-23-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 10710317)
Any of you buy the drinks for the person behind you at Starbucks?

That's really funny. In 37 years I'd never heard of that and since Friday this is the 3rd reference to that I've heard/seen. Excited to do it next time

srvy 06-23-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10710355)
I love coffee. Hot
started drinking it in college to stay awake and study
Drink it black
I generally just stop at QT and get the medium roast, whatever that is.
My uncle sends me some beans from Panama twice a year. I grind those and they rock.
I only drink coffee on weekends because the caffeine makes me jittery which isn't good for my job.

QT coffee is surprisingly good. I get it all the time when my stanley thermos runs dry.

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10710499)
QT coffee is surprisingly good. I get it all the time when my stanley thermos runs dry.

I completely understood this post.

srvy 06-23-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10710394)
I have to have coffee to feel alert enough to work or do anything. I also drink some if I feel a headache coming on. It does the trick--unless it's one of my migraines. Then I need drugs.

The headaches that get better is caffeine withdrawal symptoms.

BucEyedPea 06-23-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10710507)
The headaches that get better is caffeine withdrawal symptoms.

I don't think they are in this case, since they come when I haven't tried to withdraw from caffeine. Caffeine is also in Excedrin, the only medication that works for headaches on me. So instead of just going to a drug first, I just drink a little coffee and it works a lot. Sometimes, I am dehydrated and a glass of water helps--particularly in Florida summers.

srvy 06-23-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10710502)
I completely understood this post.

Maybe im drunk?

Actually my mind is ahead of my ability to type or spell. I post like I was conversing with you. Long winded and never let you get a word in edgewise.

Predarat 06-23-2014 03:04 PM

I'm not a fan of flavored coffee but that Quick Trip French Vanilla Cappuccino is pretty damn good. Or it used to be.

eDave 06-23-2014 03:07 PM

I loves me some coffee. Black.

Working from home, I don't drink any. When I do go into the client site, I drink that shit all day. Non stop.

srvy 06-23-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10710391)
I forgot to say I like my coffee hot---never cold. Don't care for ice coffee.

I grind my own beans unless I pick up a Starbucks bag right in a Starbucks--where I have them grind it for me. I have a Krups fast touch grinder. Only use coffee in it.

I like hot tea too-- either hot or cold. Most often down here, I drink it cold. My favorite for hot is Darjeeling--nice and aromatic without being too strong. I also have green tea but don't care for the taste.

Where I work we have coffee snobs. The Engineers here are a treat to watch with there presses. They bring in there own beans ground in Tupperware and enjoy a cup in the break room.

Ive learned a lot from them like never ever filter your coffee thru paper filters. The perfect temperature is 200* even.

These guys buy there coffee beans green and roast themselves. They spend 500 bucks on bur grinders and roasting ovens. Then extract the fruit of the bean through a 30 buck french press.

srvy 06-23-2014 03:15 PM

What do you all think about The Roasterie brand coffee?

http://www.theroasterie.com/

I bought pound of the 40 Sardines blend and thought was pretty good.

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10710513)
Maybe im drunk?

Actually my mind is ahead of my ability to type or spell. I post like I was conversing with you. Long winded and never let you get a word in edgewise.

The problem most of the time is typos and lack of punctuation. Sometimes makes your intended meaning difficult to decipher.

But you seem like a good dood, so if I have to read them four times to figure it out, that's what I'm gonna do.

GloryDayz 06-23-2014 03:17 PM

Yes.
Both hot and cold.
Hourglass and medium strength.
Cream and sweetener.
Most days, and a pot.
Starbucks coffee too strong for my liking.
McDonald's LOL, like their burgers.
Dunkin is great at 2:00am.
I was in the Navy, "very early in life".
Yes, yes I do. From Baileys to rum...
Only on days with "day" in them!!!
Decaf... No, no way.. Like non-alcoholic beer..

BucEyedPea 06-23-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10710539)
Where I work we have coffee snobs. The Engineers here are a treat to watch with there presses. They bring in there own beans ground in Tupperware and enjoy a cup in the break room.

Ive learned a lot from them like never ever filter your coffee thru paper filters. The perfect temperature is 200* even.

These guys buy there coffee beans green and roast themselves. They spend 500 bucks on bur grinders and roasting ovens. Then extract the fruit of the bean through a 30 buck french press.

Geezaz! I travel with some connoisseurs but not like that.

So, lemme ask, if they don't use paper filters (including the unbleached) what do they use? How do they know if their temp is 200 degrees.

I would never roast green beans. Too much work. I would like to try a French Press though. I hear they make a really good tasting coffee.

SAUTO 06-23-2014 03:19 PM

I never add liquor to coffee, just doesn't seem right.
Posted via Mobile Device

T-Town 06-23-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10709969)

Do you like it?
Love it
Hot or cold?
Hot
What brands and strengths do you like?
Strong. Winan's Highlander Grog is my favorite
Do you take cream or sugar?
Black
Are you a cup a day coffee kind of person or a pot a day kind of person?
More a cup+ a day. Can't drink a whole pot anymore
How do you feel about Starbuck's?
Overpriced
Have you tried McDonald's premium coffees, which I hear are notably better than Starbuck's?
Eh, its ok.
What about Dunkin' Donuts' coffee?
Pretty good
When did you start drinking coffee?
Do you ever add any adult beverages to your coffee?
Sometimes Bailey's and/or Jameson on the weekends.
Do you only drink it on weekends?
Usually more through the week
How do you feel about decaffeinated coffee?
****ing useless