ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football FSU QB booted from team after video released of him punching woman at bar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293284)

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11585676)
He grabbed her first. That is assault. WTF is wrong with you people defending this garbage? Dude knocked the **** out of her. Says a lot about you.

First of all, **** you. I've never hit a woman. Shit, I haven't even been in a bar since the 90s. I don't drink.

He grabbed her arm because she was making a fist. She then punches him.

How the **** do you figure I'm defending him?

Eureka 07-07-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11585667)
I care what she said, either. She did, however, slug him first.

The University is right in suspending him, but if he is charged with assault, so should she.

He still could've walked away after she slugged him but his ego wouldn't let him. How's his ego now?

beach tribe 07-07-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11585682)
First of all, **** you. I've never hit a woman. Shit, I haven't even been in a bar since the 90s. I don't drink.

He grabbed her arm because she was making a fist. She then punches him.

How the **** do you figure I'm defending him?

Balling a fist and actually laying your hands on someone are two different things. One is assault, the other isn't. So, no she should not be charged with assault.

Edit: and excuse me, but you are reacting as if you have done the same thing or as though he was justified in punching a woman in the face with a rock hard fist.

beach tribe 07-07-2015 04:40 PM

He could have done a lot of things other than knock the **** out of here. Total bitch move.

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11585671)
I would hardly call that equal.

LOL That was an obvious joke.

LoneWolf 07-07-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11585684)
Balling a fist and actually laying your hands on someone are two different things.

You might want to look up the legal definition of assault.

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11585684)
Balling a fist and actually laying your hands on someone are two different things. One is assault, the other isn't. So, no she should not be charged with assault.

By grabbing her arm, it looks like he's trying to keep her from hitting him. Then she hits him.

She punched him first. How is that not assault?

PunkinDrublic 07-07-2015 04:49 PM

On the positive side he just moved up the Cowboys draft board.

Kman34 07-07-2015 04:50 PM

Anytime you put your hands on someone and its unwanted... Its assault..

Donger 07-07-2015 04:53 PM

In this case, I think it would be both assault AND battery. You can assault someone without physical contact, but there has to be contact for it to be battery. But, I could be wrong. I looked this up a long time ago.

thabear04 07-07-2015 04:54 PM

Florida State dismissed quarterback De’Andre Johnson yesterday after video from a Tallahassee bar showed why he was arrested in June for battery. Johnson’s lawyer Jose Baez is now attempting to do damage control, calling the punch an “experience” and also claiming that the woman used a racial slur towards Johnson.

Baez told NBC News that the woman used “racial epithets” when Johnson bumped into her, and that the quarterback was trying to calm the situation. More lawyer talk follows:

“It wasn’t until she struck him twice that he reacted,” Baez said. “But he is very...He is very regretful that he didn’t turn around and walk away immediately.”

“He makes no excuses for what happened,” he added.

Baez called Johnson’s dismissal from the football team “unfortunate” and said his client is now volunteering at a shelter for battered women.

“All he wants to do is learn from this experience and move on and get an education,” Baez said. “We certainly don’t want him to pay for the rest of his life for an incident that occurred in a bar.”

BigMeatballDave 07-07-2015 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 11585706)
Anytime you put your hands on someone and its unwanted... Its assault..

She was making a fist.
Looks like self-defense to me.

I'm no lawyer, what do I know?

Eleazar 07-07-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11585702)
By grabbing her arm, it looks like he's trying to keep her from hitting him. Then she hits him.

She punched him first. How is that not assault?

It was assault. That doesn't change a thing. If you are any kind of a man, you don't put your hands on a woman. It doesn't matter if she is drunk or slapped you or anything else.

notorious 07-07-2015 05:00 PM

Can a person just walk away?

Kman34 07-07-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11585718)
She was making a fist.
Looks like self-defense to me.

I'm no lawyer, what do I know?

Looks like assault by both parties to me...