ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden '17 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300405)

Hammock Parties 08-23-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12382689)
Have they made it so that you can edit a player's position? OLB to DE or CB to S? Can you do it during the season?

Yes. You can change almost anything.

I started my franchise and started editing contracts, ratings and equipment. Signed an OLB and moved him to S.

Chromatic 08-23-2016 06:13 PM

Are you playing on xbox or ps4?

I'm debating buying one of those in the future and want to make the right choice and get the best system.

thabear04 08-23-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatic (Post 12383149)
Are you playing on xbox or ps4?

I'm debating buying one of those in the future and want to make the right choice and get the best system.

He has a PS4.

royr17 08-23-2016 06:27 PM

I can't wait until mine gets here tomorrow. Wished it made it here today. Damn preorder.

RobBlake 08-23-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12382913)
Yes. You can change almost anything.

I started my franchise and started editing contracts, ratings and equipment. Signed an OLB and moved him to S.

So, i'm guessing the ability to edit the upcoming draft will be possible.. which I love to do.. creating phenom prospects

New World Order 08-23-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 12382714)
I'm stuck playing NBA and FIFA (which I don't even like but hey, at least it is a sport) 14. Would *LOVE* another Madden game for PC but it will likely never happen. At least not one produced by EA.

Would be lovely if another producer like 2K were to purchase the rights to the PC version alone from EA.

We should play Fifa 17 on pc.

RobBlake 08-23-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12382709)
Too bad there is not a PC market for this.

Game could be hugely improved for PC.

there's only madden 08 which has a mod community, but they can only do so much. it's enjoyable.

Setsuna 08-23-2016 06:58 PM

Last Madden i played was '06. Think it's time now?

Dayze 08-23-2016 07:54 PM

as a guy who up until about 2 weeks ago when I grabbed a PS4, ran with a PS3 since they came out, and pretty much boycotted damn near all Madden's since around '08, I will say this game is tits.

granted, I haven't played Madden in so long, and even when I did, I usually played a 2-3 year old version. Alot of it is probably still being in love with the PS4 too. But man......this thing is awesome. and I've only spent about 3 hours playing it, so I haven't gotten in depth at all. Just a few 'play now' games to get the feel. The skills trainer is awesome, but for tonight, I wanted to move on to a game. I'll get into the trainer probably this weekend.

controls are a bit funky for me, but that's largely because I haven't played it in so long. So, I had the occasional bonehead play because I wasn't all that familiar. blocked one kick already, but it was a 55 yarder at the end of a half.

It's hard to explain - it just seems very fluid, and reactions of bodies flying around, running and turning awkwardly and falling down etc make for a realistic game. haven't quite gotten used to the whole idea of passing a ball then going for a receiving option when catching of either RAC, agreessive, or possession type catch. But I like that idea. so far, at least the computer anyway, it seems you're able to impact a catch on defense a LOT more by getting into the receiver, and disrupting/making contact.

I can tell I'm going to spend a shit load of time on this game. I can't believe I'm saying that about Madden. lol. I'm sure once the newness of the game wears off and I experience.....Madden-type shit in a game, I'll have a laundry list of frustrations. But for now, it's very slick.

Dayze 08-23-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 12383172)
I can't wait until mine gets here tomorrow. Wished it made it here today. Damn preorder.

i walked right into Gamestop and grabbed one. no pre order. in and out in 4 minutes.

been a while since I pre-ordered a game, so I'm not sure how that all works these days. the last few 'big' games i bought, I bought day of with zero problems. Is there a benefit to pre-order, like extra goodies or something?

a LONG time ago I used to pre-order, but started noticing the places I pre-ordered from always had a metric ton of games that weren't pre-ordered.

hometeam 08-23-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12383212)
there's only madden 08 which has a mod community, but they can only do so much. it's enjoyable.

I have played with it plenty. Its meh after so much.

Hammock Parties 08-23-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12383352)
I can tell I'm going to spend a shit load of time on this game. I can't believe I'm saying that about Madden. lol. I'm sure once the newness of the game wears off and I experience.....Madden-type shit in a game, I'll have a laundry list of frustrations. But for now, it's very slick.

just being able to edit every player any which way you want in franchise mode is incredible

and i signed kevin hogan to my practice squad today which was AMAZING

Hammock Parties 08-23-2016 08:45 PM

lol EA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U1BnNNLfRqk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New World Order 08-23-2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12383419)
I have played with it plenty. Its meh after so much.

That gen of madden had the best gameplay of all time.

thabear04 08-23-2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12383422)
just being able to edit every player any which way you want in franchise mode is incredible

and i signed kevin hogan to my practice squad today which was AMAZING

You can finally sign people to practice squad now.