ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry ‘a bit surprised’ on lack of extension progress (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300780)

BleedingRed 07-10-2016 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12308890)
Your stupid ass will be banned again soon, houstonwhodat.

Dude, stop being such a cuckold. I understand you're a upset liberal moron but, don't take it out on me that you wife likes other "meat"

BleedingRed 07-10-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12308893)
He did not play at an All Pro level.

3.5 tackles a game and 2 Int's in 16 games aren't stellar numbers.

It was an honorary nod due to the cancer.

Lmao you are a ****ing idiot

kcchiefsus 07-10-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 12309313)
Dude, stop being such a cuckold. I understand you're a upset liberal moron but, don't take it out on me that you wife likes other "meat"

ROFL

TRR 07-10-2016 09:02 AM

I think we all appreciate Berry and what he brings to the Defense. What he brings is simply different than what most of us expected of him when he was drafted...a playmaker with elite ball skills, with the ability to run with slot receivers and man up on tight ends. Instead KC got an in the box safety that is consistent in the intermediate passing game.

Berry brings an intensity that is hard to match, and you know he's a great leader on and off the field. You even saw moments of what he showed in college last season playing at a lighter weight. But I don't believe he's worth ELITE money.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 12309313)

:facepalm:

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 12309317)
Lmao you are a ****ing idiot

Your football IQ is -160.

While that's higher than your overall IQ, you're ****ing cluesless and constantly fail to counter with a argument.

In other words, you're an assclown.

RealSNR 07-10-2016 09:46 AM

What's with this cuckold shit? BleedingRed is like a giddy 13-year old who just learned a new "adult" word, even though he doesn't know what it means

ThaVirus 07-10-2016 09:48 AM

Eric Berry ‘a bit surprised’ on lack of extension progress

We've lined this guy up at SS, FS, CB, and LB- he's played well at each and every position- and somehow he just isn't good enough. Receives first-team All-Pro honors at SS and FS- he's no Ed Reed! For God's sake, one poster was talking about lining him up at LOLB to replace Houston down the stretch!

The concerns about a lack of INTs are overblown. Taking a look at the careers of each of the top safeties in the league today, none of them fare particularly well against Berry in that regard. Throwing out any season in which the player didn't play at least 10 games in a season, Earl Thomas averages 3.5 INTs a season. Kam Chancellor averages 1.7 INTs per season. Harrison Smith averages 3.3 INTs per season. Reshad Jones averages 2.5 INTs per season. Tyrann Mathieu and Devin Mccourty (who both play a shit ton of CB and are really not a good comparison) average 2.7 and 3 INTs per season respectively.

Eric Berry averages 2.5 INTs per season. What's the difference?

Just say putting $10+m into a safety position isn't the best use of resources, because trying to argue against the guy's ability is just asinine.

RealSNR 07-10-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12309466)
We've lined this guy up at SS, FS, CB, and LB- he's played well at each and every position- and somehow he just isn't good enough. Receives first-team All-Pro honors at SS and FS- he's no Ed Reed! For God's sake, one poster was talking about lining him up at LOLB to replace Houston down the stretch!

The concerns about a lack of INTs are overblown. Taking a look at the careers of each of the top safeties in the league today, none of them fair particularly well against Berry in that regard. Throwing out any season in which the player didn't play at least 10 games in a season, Earl Thomas averages 3.5 INTs a season. Kam Chancellor averages 1.7 INTs per season. Harrison Smith averages 3.3 INTs per season. Reshad Jones averages 2.5 INTs per season. Tyrann Mathieu and Devin Mccourty (who both play a shit ton of CB and are really not a good comparison average 2.7 and 3 INTs per season respectively.

Just say putting $10+m into a safety position isn't the best use of resources, because trying to argue against the guy's ability is just asinine.

Absolutely this.

Nobody said Rodney Hudson wasn't wanted on the team. It was when his potential new contract started approaching 8 figures that we said, "That's too much. Have a nice life."

Berry means so much to so many players on this team. All the trust and good mojo that Dorsey has built with the current players on the team and around the league would take a pretty big hit if we were to remove the tag. It might even take a small hit if we are only able to get him to sign the tender without a long-term deal.

staylor26 07-10-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12309466)

The concerns about a lack of INTs are overblown. Taking a look at the careers of each of the top safeties in the league today, none of them fair particularly well against Berry in that regard. Throwing out any season in which the player didn't play at least 10 games in a season, Earl Thomas averages 3.5 INTs a season. Kam Chancellor averages 1.7 INTs per season. Harrison Smith averages 3.3 INTs per season. Reshad Jones averages 2.5 INTs per season. Tyrann Mathieu and Devin Mccourty (who both play a shit ton of CB and are really not a good comparison average 2.7 and 3 INTs per season respectively.

:clap:

milkman 07-10-2016 10:21 AM

In today's NFL, Ed Reed would not be Ed Reed.

That said, at some point, the price tag is just too expensive, and we are almost certainly at that point.

notorious 07-10-2016 10:25 AM

It's going to be a great story when the Chiefs win the Superbowl and Berry is MVP.

ThaVirus 07-10-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12309512)
It's going to be a great story when the Chiefs win the Superbowl and Berry is MVP.

Would create far more drama if it were Alex Smiff.

I think, if it were my choice, I'd like to see Jamaal win SB MVP with us and then retire and ride off into the sunset Jerome Bettis style (except for the fact that JC's actually amazing unlike Bettis).

ThaVirus 07-10-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12309510)
In today's NFL, Ed Reed would not be Ed Reed.

That said, at some point, the price tag is just too expensive, and we are almost certainly at that point.

This is a good point. Safety play across the league seems to be down significantly over the last decade or so.

notorious 07-10-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12309514)
Would create far more drama if it were Alex Smiff.

I think, if it were my choice, I'd like to see Jamaal win SB MVP with us and then retire and ride off into the sunset Jerome Bettis style (except for the fact that JC's actually amazing unlike Bettis).

It doesn't matter to me. If a Chief is MVP that means they won!