ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Questions re: a possible move to KC area (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311380)

luv 11-09-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13208040)
Degree? from?

Do you own a restaurant? Are you hiring?

Chief_For_Life58 11-09-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 13204729)
Wrong. Sellers market. This summer average days houses were on the market was probably less than a week. Values have skyrocketed.

this

Kiimo 11-09-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13207334)
That isn't true. That's only true if you are a sheep and go for a 30 year mortgage like everyone else.

Are you somehow under the impression that if your loan is amortized for 30 years that you are locked into that payment?

It just means your required monthly payment is lower. Unless you have crap prepayment penalty on your mortgage doing a 30 year is no problem. You can still pay it off in 6 years if you want to.

But if crap goes south you aren't required to pay a larger amount each month.

scho63 11-09-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13208552)
Are you somehow under the impression that if your loan is amortized for 30 years that you are locked into that payment?

It just means your required monthly payment is lower. Unless you have crap prepayment penalty on your mortgage doing a 30 year is no problem. You can still pay it off in 6 years if you want to.

Prepayment penalties normally apply when paid before 3-5 years.

cooper barrett 11-09-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13208310)
They had them when I went there. I opted out because I was local and knew I wasn't going to need a dorm.

Both of my girls attended at separate times. I bought a place for them to stay vs dorms. They in turn rented it out to their friends and lived with their BF's.
Yes. They played dumb and still wanted allowances. You know they still never had money when shopping with mom.:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

I have some funny stories to tell about sitting in the parking lot watching my oldest haul her clothes and toiletries to his car's trunk so we wouldn't find out she was living there. Second daughter wasn't concerned. She was in the car once when we did it to her sister...ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I still give her shit about it while I spoil my grand daughters.

cooper barrett 11-09-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13208313)
Do you own a restaurant? Are you hiring?

I have a couple of friends in the business, they know people. I've lost touch as I have been away for several years.

cooper barrett 11-09-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13208572)
Prepayment penalties normally apply when paid before 3-5 years.

Got to pay for the loan origination thieves. They can come up with more ways to bend you over than your bank. Wait, they kinda are a bank.

Thats something I liked about KC. Just walk into Capital Federal and have a loan within days. If you had your ducks in a row, you could close in another week.

No fees. You had to fund everything but I think title insurance is all I paid to Cap Fed at closing. I had to prove it was insured, Termite free, and they would let me furnish the appraisal. Most of this can NOT be done since 2010. Escrow accounts suck only had 1, ever.

The good old days before sub prime crime lending.

Kiimo 11-09-2017 06:47 PM

When I sold mortgages in college if someone went to Cap Fed and had the credit score to qualify for a loan it was over.

There was no beating Cap Fed. On the front end or the back.

BWillie 11-09-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13207952)
Eh, I'd say quarter of a million.

Go Springfield, MO!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring...area,_Missouri

BWillie 11-09-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13208552)

I have a 15 year, but I got a much much better interest rate on the 15 year, compared to the 30 year. I should have even went lower.

BigRedChief 11-09-2017 07:47 PM

Just to clarify, my derogatory opinion of Springfield doesn't apply to Missouri State, its teachers, staff and the area around the college. I didn't graduate but have 96 hours in there and my wife graduated from there. That said......... one college and area doesn't change my opinion of the town.

cooper barrett 11-09-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13208867)
I have a 15 year, but I got a much much better interest rate on the 15 year, compared to the 30 year. I should have even went lower.

In IN the rates are the same or .125%

I wouldn't do it for that just for cash flow,

cooper barrett 11-09-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13208883)
Just to clarify, my derogatory opinion of Springfield doesn't apply to Missouri State, its teachers, staff and the area around the college. I didn't graduate but have 96 hours in there and my wife graduated from there. That said......... one college and area doesn't change my opinion of the town.

Your doing a good job of back peddling. Politics in your future?

Hammock Parties 11-10-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13208629)
Both of my girls attended at separate times. I bought a place for them to stay vs dorms. They in turn rented it out to their friends and lived with their BF's.

Yes. They played dumb and still wanted allowances. You know they still never had money when shopping with mom.:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

God dammit you have some spoiled ****ing kids.

You know that ruins them for men, right?! RIGHT?! ****.

cooper barrett 11-10-2017 12:09 PM

I got them both good hubby's, I haven't written them a check since graduation. Paid for their own Masters degrees, well, them and their employers...

I am taking the to Grand Cayman for a week at Christmas. 1'st time for Grandkids to see the ocean.. I took my girls to Zuma beach for their first swim in the ocean, Rum Point will be even better.

I set the bar high.