ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith expresses his desire to return to Chiefs in 2018 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312982)

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-06-2018 11:29 PM

Alex Smith doesn't have gabriel, sanu, Julio Jones, and two dual-threat running backs to top it all off.

He also didn't lose 28-3 in the superbowl

rydogg58 01-06-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13340210)
What was his QB rating?

Okay thanks for playing, pal. Off to bed you go.

Alex will nod off to sleep tonight slowly stroking his QB rating trophy that he won today. Gently sucking his thumb, he mumbles...4035 yards, before all the statistical accomplishments he's earned ushers him off to dream land.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 13340326)
Unless your name is Tom Brady, every qb wastes their teams loaded talent every year.

Alexcuses.

The Chiefs have beaten the Patriots before.

They just don't do it when Alex plays like shit (2015), can't get past the Steelers (2016) or can't get past the butt****ing Titans.

Alex has consistently saved his worst for last as a Chief. And now he can go con some other team out of $70 mil.

tredadda 01-06-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13340335)
Matt Ryan wasting Julio Jones career, Stafford wasted Calvin Johnson's, Dalton wasting Green's, Romo wasted Dez's, Fitzgerald wasted by god knows how many qbs

And then there's: Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, OchoCinco, Andre Johnson, Brandon marshall

It's a brutal league

When Alex gets traded do you go with him? Kinda like a low A ball player thrown in for good measure.

kccrow 01-06-2018 11:30 PM

I'd like to express just how quickly I'd like him to pack his bags.

mnchiefsguy 01-06-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13340349)
Alex Smith doesn't have gabriel, sanu, Julio Jones, and two dual-threat running backs to top it all off.

He also didn't lose 28-3 in the superbowl

Alex Smith can't win a ****ing playoff game, let along get to a Super Bowl.

Alex has more than enough talent on offense to muster up more than 35 ****ing yards in a half.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-06-2018 11:31 PM

Terez Paylor on their post game show is tearing up the narrative that the Chiefs needed to run it more. They couldn't he says, the boxes were stacked. He goes on to say that the key to this game was that Alex threw it around. He didn't in the 2nd half.

Terez gets it...

Buehler445 01-06-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13340162)

Holy hell. That’s one of the best gifs I’ve seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13340300)
bringing him back would totally be a chiefs thing to do. You know we all fear it deep down.

I do. Yes.

However I would be OK with him
Accepting a backup role and renegotiating to a CHEAP contract/cap number. Who the **** am I kidding. They can pay him all they want as long as it Doesn’t hit the cap. But yeah. Backup only.

TripleThreat 01-06-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 13340336)
The Falcons just won their ****ing playoff game....and I would not be surprised to see them beat Philly next week.

Say what you want about Ryan...but the dude has a whole helluva lot more playoff wins than Smith does.

A helluva a lot more playoff wins than Alex?

Before tonight,

Alex’s playoff record 2-4

Matt Ryan 3-5

After tonight

Alex 2-5
Matt Ryan 4-5

Neither record is anything to brag about, and neither of those playoff records is going to win you a super bowl unless one of those players had 5 years of one and dones, and then went on a one year run to win it all.

kysirsoze 01-06-2018 11:33 PM

Holy shit. Clay can stay. Tiger needs to go. Bets be damned.

mnchiefsguy 01-06-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 13340364)
A helluva a lot more playoff wins than Alex?

Before tonight,

Alex’s playoff record 2-4

Matt Ryan 3-5

After tonight

Alex 2-5
Matt Ryan 4-5

Neither record is anything to brag about, and neither of those playoff records is going to win you a super bowl unless one of those players had 5 years of one and dones, and then went on a one year run to win it all.

Twice as many playoff wins in a much shorter career...so yeah a helluva lot more. Plus a Super Bowl appearance.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-06-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13340362)
Terez Paylor on their post game show is tearing up the narrative that the Chiefs needed to run it more. They couldn't he says, the boxes were stacked. He goes on to say that the key to this game was that Alex threw it around. He didn't in the 2nd half.

Terez gets it...

Terez gets that Reid screwed up the playcalling. Tell us something new we should know.

Priest31kc 01-06-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13340183)
Alex had the most total yards per game of any QB in the league.
The best TD-INT ratio
The highest rating in 20+ yard passes
The most 40+ yard touchdowns

Outlying statistical season. His previous 12 years prove that.

And he can thank the best deep threat in the game and a Top 10 WR in Hill, the best TE in the game in Kelce & the leading rusher in the NFL in Hunt as well as the rest of his receivers that led the league in separation per completion this year. Also, a very good pass blocking OL.

Alex's amazing passer rating wasn't so amazing when under pressure this year. It was in the 70's.

And he was 10th in passing DVOA & 8th in QBR.

He still had the 7th lowest air yards per attempt this year. And he still sucked in the redzone & on 3rd downs all year again (4/11 tonight).

TripleThreat 01-06-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 13340376)
Twice as many playoff wins in a much shorter career...so yeah a helluva lot more. Plus a Super Bowl appearance.

Are you just typing to argue?

Refer back to the main point of what you quoted. It was about Super Bowl wins. Appearances etc don’t mean jack. One team wins it all, and the original op was about how Alex has wasted our teams talent, where as I said, unless your name is Tom Brady, every qb is wasting their teams talents, and Matt Ryan’s name is the first to come to mind. Matt Ryan, may never even win a super bowl, what about dan Marino? Where are you finding the space to want to argue with what I am saying??

redshirt32 01-06-2018 11:39 PM

His trade value two 2nds +. Time to move on can the old and start fresh.
To many holes to fill cap space etc. I'd rather sink or swim with PM.
Finish on the bottom for 2 years build through the draft.
Than go through the shtfest of never getting to the AFC championship let alone a gd SB.