ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chargers lose Rep Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318946)

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:27 AM

The Chargers weren't ever coming into Arrowhead and beating an Andy Reid team. It wasn't going to happen before yesterday and it won't happen now.

O.city 11-19-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13900125)
Steelers are going to get fisted in New Orleans.

They're schedule is just brutal.

We need them to beat the CHargers for sure, but the Chiefs winning tonight would go a long way to locking up the 1 seed.

O.city 11-19-2018 11:29 AM

Win tonight and you've pretty much locked in 12-4 at worst. That's tough for the rest of these competing teams to get too.

I'd love to get to 14-2

TEX 11-19-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13900586)
The Chargers weren't ever coming into Arrowhead and beating an Andy Reid team. It wasn't going to happen before yesterday and it won't happen now.

Well, I believe they did back in 2013. But that was a LONG time ago.

Best22 11-19-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13900594)

A year after 2-14.

Mahomes was still in high school

htismaqe 11-19-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Yeah, that was Andy's first year and he was fielding a team that won 2 games the year before...

jjchieffan 11-19-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13900582)
I get your point, but the Bolts are 7 - 3 , not 6 - 4. So you just gotta adjust the math a bit .

Oops. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have known that. They've lost to to the Chiefs, Rams and Donks.

jjchieffan 11-19-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Andy I believe that they were playing against the Chiefs backups because Andy was resting the starters for the playoffs.(and we still almost won) The Chargers are winless against our starters in the Reid era

O.city 11-19-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13900698)
Andy I believe that they were playing against the Chiefs backups because Andy was resting the starters for the playoffs.(and we still almost won) The Chargers are winless against our starters in the Reid era

The Chargers swept the Chiefs in 2013

TEX 11-19-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13900698)

No. That was not the case for the game at Arrowhead. KC was up TWO TD's early. Then lost Houston and Hali in the 2nd Qtr. for the duration of the game. There was no pass rush in the 2nd half and Rivers burned them. Alex could not get anything going on offense. The Bolts won the game in the last seconds of the 4th Qtr. when Rivers threw a TD pass.

Now, Reid was resting some folks for the one in San Diego. KC had clinched a WC and the game meant nothing to KC, but the Bolts needed it to make the playoffs. Still took a very bad call and a missed FG by KC to lose that one.

jjchieffan 11-19-2018 02:15 PM

Wow! I totally forgot that the Chargers won both games in 2013.

Clyde Frog 11-19-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13900770)
No. That was not the case for the game at Arrowhead. KC was up TWO TD's early. Then lost Houston and Hali in the 2nd Qtr. for the duration of the game. There was no pass rush in the 2nd half and Rivers burned them. Alex could not get anything going on offense. The Bolts won the game in the last seconds of the 4th Qtr. when Rivers threw a TD pass.

Now, Reid was resting some folks for the one in San Diego. KC had clinched a WC and the game meant nothing to KC, but the Bolts needed it to make the playoffs. Still took a very bad call and a missed FG by KC to lose that one.

That's right. The forward progress bullshit call when the S ripped the ball out of the RB's hands. Butt chin was tearing them up. I was at that game. On my way out I got a warm beer sprayed on me and then saw 2 Chargers fans beating the shit out of each other in the parking lot. Good times.

suzzer99 11-19-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13900125)
Steelers are going to get fisted in New Orleans.

Hopefully the game still matters to NO on the 2nd to last week. If we beat the Rams that gives NO a 2 game lead for HFA. If it gets any bigger the game won't matter to NO.

Conversely I really wish Green Bay would have beat the Seahawks. I want our game with them the same weekend to be meaningless.

staylor26 11-19-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13901161)
Hopefully the game still matters to NO on the 2nd to last week. If we beat the Rams that gives NO a 2 game lead for HFA. If it gets any bigger the game won't matter to NO.

Conversely I really wish Green Bay would have beat the Seahawks. I want our game with them the same weekend to be meaningless.

NO still has some tough games ahead. Either way they will not be resting starters in week 16, maybe 17 though.

BlackOp 11-19-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13901161)

That's actually a very good observation....

If KC drops the game tonight...it might actually play out to be inconsequential.

Rams would then be 10-1 and forcing NO to play it's starters against the Steelers in game 15.

Steelers play Patriots/Chargers...so KC is going to gain ground on two of them.

KC wins tonight...it really doesn't matter. They will almost be a lock for HFA.