ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8642946)
Beings you challenged that Cassel couldn't do the same in a 3 game stretch, then went ahead and cherry picked your stats, I thought I'd do it right for ya...

Matt Cassel vs Indianapolis Colts 2011:
21/29 257 8.86 4 TD 0 INT
[/B]

that game vs the colts was rigged, remember they were sucking for luck.

Cassel's Captain Checkdown not Captain Comeback.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief3188 (Post 8642977)
Does anyone really think we would have won the Green Bay game with Cassel? ).

Hell No, GBays defense had to respect Ortons ability to get the ball downfield, with Cassel they didnt.

Frankie 05-28-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8642110)
If they are better, of course. But I have no reason to think they are.

There lies the big problem. We should, by now, KNOW if Stanzi is better than Cassel or not. That we don't is a function of either Pioli's lunatic instinct to protect his own ego, or Haley's silly and childish destructive QB games. We have seen Cassel's upside and we are underwhelmed. We have not seen anything close to Stanzi's upside. What we have seen are hopeful hints that he might have one. THAT is already a good first step for hope. Until Stanzi proves he does not have it, he's our "hero."

Frankie 05-28-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8642118)
The defense wasn't any different when Orton was there and when he wasn't. It's not like they suddenly started playing well when Orton started playing. They were playing well well before Orton came in.

Well it does help when the O keeps the ball on some drives allowing the D to rest. Some of that happened post Orton infusion.

Frankie 05-28-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8642267)

However, if Cassel hs another season in 2012 like he did in 2010, there is no argument.

Pioli can point to those numbers and tell everyone that Cassel showed that he's a good QB, just as he has pointed to 2010 to support his claim that Cassel is a good QB.

Long term, that is THE worst thing that can happen to the Chiefs, IMO.

Messier 05-28-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8643048)
Long term, that is THE worst thing that can happen to the Chiefs, IMO.

And yet I'm not gonna root for any Chiefs failure.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8643045)
There lies the big problem. We should, by now, KNOW if Stanzi is better than Cassel or not. That we don't is a function of either Pioli's lunatic instinct to protect his own ego, or Haley's silly and childish destructive QB games. Until Stanzi proves he does not have it, he's our "hero."

I AGREE 100%.

the Chiefs FO FAILED by not letting Stanzi get experience after Cassel went down instead of playing Failco.

Messier 05-28-2012 07:31 AM

Regardless of how Cassel does this year, I don't think he's got five or six more years as the Chiefs QB. I think 2013 is the longest he'll be the starter.

Messier 05-28-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643054)
I AGREE 100%.

the Chiefs FO FAILED by not letting Stanzi get experience after Cassel went down instead of playing Failco.

That wasn't a FO call. Haley played Palko.

Frankie 05-28-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643052)
And yet I'm not gonna root for any Chiefs failure.

I am reduced to rooting (not outwardly of course) for it until we have a QB we can count on. :( Enough of this shit! I'm not getting any younger. If Cassel's fail will finally result in getting someone like Barkley or one of the Tylers next year, or opens the door to hopefully a successful Stanzi career so be it.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643058)

the FO should have stepped up to the plate and demanded Haley play Stanzi.

Frankie 05-28-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643061)

And possibly create an alternative to Matty? No way. ;)

Messier 05-28-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643061)

Not sure, but I think that's a big no no. Maybe they tried and that's why Haley attempted to sabotage the team.

Rasputin 05-28-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643058)

Not after he got canned and RC took over, had three games left. There was no point to play Orton and now that Orton is gone doesn't make sence why they picked him up off waivers.

Messier 05-28-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8643063)
And possibly create an alternative to Matty? No way. ;)

Then why sign Orton? I think to force Haley to sit Palko.

Messier 05-28-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8643066)
Not after he got canned and RC took over, had three games left. There was no point to play Orton and now that Orton is gone doesn't make sence why they picked him up off waivers.

Well, they picked him up three weeks before he started, and Haley still started Palko. The division was still in play during those last three games, so I'm glad Orton played. We lose them all with Palko.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8642965)
Actually, Cassel was better than Orton on third down last year...

Thats Scary because Cassel sucks period but he sucks bigtime on third down.

Messier 05-28-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8643076)
And we'd have maybe Andrew Luck for our trouble.

No, #1 was, even 2 was not happening by that time. Again, I tried for a few weeks last year to root for losses. Couldn't do it.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643085)
No, #1 was, even 2 was not happening by that time. Again, I tried for a few weeks last year to root for losses. Couldn't do it.

Yeah it was too late.
the Colts were gonna make sure they got Luck.
i mean Matt Cassel has a comeback in Indy?

that kinda thing just dont happen.

Messier 05-28-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643088)
Yeah it was too late.

The Colts started a taller Palko all season. I know you're joking, but players would never throw a game, let alone a season, they'd be out of a job, and I think that would get around that you're a quitter.

Cassel played really well in the second half of that game.

michaelj_58 05-28-2012 08:54 AM

I just got this feeling that Quinn is going to be good for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643091)

Cassel played really well in the second half of that game.

or the Colts defense was dreadful?

Frankie 05-28-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelj_58 (Post 8643117)
I just got this feeling that Quinn is going to be good for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just talked to your doctor. There's a simple cure for that.

Frankie 05-28-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643085)

I agree. That's why I deleted my post, but ya had to see it and reply to it!

:D

-King- 05-28-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643080)
Thats Scary because Cassel sucks period but he sucks bigtime on third down.

Cassel teams have been better than Orton's on 3rd down in 3 out of the past 4 years. Orton led teams have been ranked higher than 20th in 3rd down % only ONCE in his career.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643147)
Cassel teams have been better than Orton's on 3rd down in 3 out of the past 4 years. Orton led teams have been ranked higher than 20th in 3rd down % only ONCE in his career.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs

i didnt follow Orton till he landed in KC.
i hate to think of someone being worse than Cassel on third downs.

Coogs 05-28-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643164)

Same here. And all I know is this. When Orton started playing, our whole team got better. That is what good QB's are supposed to be able to do for a team.

Now this is not about Orton anymore... he is gone. This is about Cassel, Quinn, and Stanzi. And further, can either Quinn or Stanzi do for this offense what Orton did... and maybe even offer up a little bit more.

Messier 05-28-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643128)
or the Colts defense was dreadful?

Probably a little of both.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8643167)
Same here. And all I know is this. When Orton started playing, our whole team got better. That is what good QB's are supposed to be able to do for a team.

Now this is not about Orton anymore... he is gone. This is about Cassel, Quinn, and Stanzi. And further, can either Quinn or Stanzi do for this offense what Orton did... and maybe even offer up a little bit more.

i agree, on all of it.
that's all i've been trying to say.

Messier 05-28-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

I think the better play had more to do with the team playing up for Crennel. Orton didn't do anything in the three games he started other than show he's much better than Palko, so is Cassel. Orton and Cassel are interchangeable.

Coogs 05-28-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643174)
i agree, on all of it.
that's all i've been trying to say.

I know, and I am with you! :thumb:

aturnis 05-28-2012 10:09 AM

:spock:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643014)

Riiiiight. You realize, of the teams we each posted, you posted the team with the worst defense in the league.

-King- 05-28-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643014)

LMAOLMAO They weren't sucking for Luck.

aturnis 05-28-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643088)
Yeah it was too late.

Really? Did you not rear the stats I posted? There was no "comeback" against the Colts, just a continuation of the same good play he'd shown for a couple weeks against a bad team.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643186)
LMAOLMAO They weren't sucking for Luck.

they got him didnt they? LMAO

aturnis 05-28-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643164)

:spock: Yet you argue for him as though you have a clue? You seriously know nothing of Orton. Your ABC homerism is out of control, you need help. Seriously, you can pick another horse, I recommend Stanzi, he'll make you look smart later. Give up on Orton, it's reeruned.

aturnis 05-28-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

WOW! You too! I really hate seeing posters I respect in this light... You argued for a guy you know nothing of?

The team got better when Romeo Crennel took over, not when Orton took over, get it right.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643183)
:spock:

Riiiiight. You realize, of the teams we eat posted, you posted the team with the worst defense in the league.

yep, because Matt should have had a field day vs those teams but instead he scored 1 td.

-King- 05-28-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643203)

Yeah. That doesn't mean they were sucking for him.

-King- 05-28-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643211)
yep, because Matt should have had a field day vs those teams but instead he scored 1 td.

Kinda like Orton during the last 3 games of the season huh...

aturnis 05-28-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643178)
I think the better play had more to do with the team playing up for Crennel. Orton didn't do anything in the three games he started other than show he's much better than Palko, so is Cassel. Orton and Cassel are interchangeable.

THIS!

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643204)
:spock: Yet you argue for him as though you have a clue? You seriously know nothing of Orton. Your ABC homerism is out of control, you need help. Seriously, you can pick another horse, I recommend Stanzi, he'll make you look smart later. Give up on Orton, it's reeruned.

Orton's a cowboy i gave up the day he signed, ROFL i'm just saying he's 10 times better than Cassel will ever be.

-King- 05-28-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643210)
WOW! You too! I really hate seeing posters I respect in this light... You argued for a guy you know nothing of?

The team got better when Romeo Crennel took over, not when Orton took over, get it right.

Pretty much. This ABC thing is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

-King- 05-28-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643218)
Orton's a cowboy i gave up the day he signed, ROFL i'm just saying he's 10 times better than Cassel will ever be.

Yeah, except that he can't score TDs and sucks on 3rd down and throws more INTs. But atleast he gets yards! That's what really wins games!

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643214)
Kinda like Orton during the last 3 games of the season huh...

no, Ortan could throw a pass beyond 5 yards accurately.

aturnis 05-28-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643223)
Yeah, except that he can't score TDs and sucks on 3rd down and throws more INTs. But atleast he gets yards! That's what really wins games!

YAY yards!

aturnis 05-28-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643225)
no, Ortan could throw a pass beyond 5 yards accurately.

As I posted earlier. Inside of 30 yds, Orton and Cassel's completion percentages are nearly identical, Orton is better deep. Cassel has an edge on 3rd down AND inside the 20. If it were any two other guys, you would pick the guy whose advantage was 3rd down and redzone efficiency every time over having a decent deepball.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 10:36 AM

final words before retiring from this thread:
Stanzi or Quinn needs to come through so we dont have to watch Cassel the reerun again this season.

aturnis 05-28-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643234)
Stanzi or Quinn needs to come through so we dont have to watch Cassel the reerun again this season.

Agreed, thanks for admitting defeat. It was inevitable beings you don't know what you're talking about.

-King- 05-28-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Except that Quinn has had 5 seasons to prove he's worth a shit and hasn't. Atleast Cassel is average. Quinn isn't even that.

It's ridiculous that people are pining for a guy who hasn't thrown a pass in two years. A guy who's been passed over by 4 different coaching staffs. It's not a big conspiracy against him. He just sucks.

Stanzi could possibly be a good qb, but I'm not holding my breath.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643236)
Agreed, thanks for admitting defeat. It was inevitable beings you don't know what you're talking about.

and you do? ROFL

read you post and you might get a clue, you dont. ROFL

Setsuna 05-28-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Stanzi needs to come through so we dont have to watch Cassel the reerun again this season.

FYP! You can leave now.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8643241)
FYP! You can leave now.

thanks for playing along. LMAO

aturnis 05-28-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643240)
and you do? ROFL

read you post and you might get a clue, you dont. ROFL

Facts are facts buddy. You openly admitted you know nothing about Orton outside of three games he played in KC. Fact.

Setsuna 05-28-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643251)
Facts are facts buddy. You openly admitted you know nothing about Orton outside of three games he played in KC. Fact.

I watched Orton last season and the season before. I guarantee he is a terrible QB, but better than Cassel.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643251)

i never said orton was the second coming of joe montana, i just said he's better than cassole, which thats not very good.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8643257)
I watched Orton last season and the season before. I guarantee he is a terrible QB, but better than Cassel.

how do you like Blaine Gabbert?

Coogs 05-28-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643210)

Here is the deal. I had watched Orton a few times, but not enough to have a great opinion on him. When we signed him... I wasn't jumping for joy. And I did not expect much when he got the chance to start. Better than Palko? Yes. I did expect that much.

But even though I did not expect much, I was stunned at the things he could do that Cassel could not do.

Now you can defend your boy Cassel all you want. That is fine. I'm ready to move on. And I do not care if it is Quinn or Stanzi... and those are our only two options.

Don't care if it is Quinn. Don't care if it Stanzi. I just know I have seen enough of Cassel.

Can we win games with Cassel? Sure. But only if the running game is carrying him. I have posted the 3-16 stats many times these past few months. They are what they are. Only way we win with Cassel is running game first. Not that that is a bad plan... I just want another option if Plan A is not working. Plan B is 3-16, and that is not good enough for me.

Can Quinn or Stanzi improve upon that? I have no ****ing clue. Nor do you. But I for one am ready to find out.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8643297)

Can Quinn or Stanzi improve upon that? I have no ****ing clue. Nor do you. But I for one am ready to find out.

make that two of us.

Coogs 05-28-2012 11:57 AM

Matter of the fact is, I am a bit of an old schooler. While I like the passing game... I would much prefer to watch Charles run for 200 yards. That's my kind of football.

I just want a QB who can bail us out when that doesn't happen. And I am thinking that either Quinn or Stanzi can win games too... when Charles goes off for 200. That not a skill set that Cassel is the only QB in the NFL can win with.

It's who can provide us with plan B when plan A isn't working. And we all know that isn't Cassel.

Priest Holmes running all over the yard was awesome. Having Trent Green being able to compliment that was a thing of beauty. That's not asking for much, because Trent Grenn is not Canton bound. And I am not trying to steer this thread into a different direction. There was a Plan B that could work with TG on offense. Hell, we could even open the game with plan B, and compliment it with plan A. Sadly, there was just no defense.

aturnis 05-28-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8643297)
Here is the deal. I had watched Orton a few times, but not enough to have a great opinion on him. When we signed him... I wasn't jumping for joy. And I did not expect much when he got the chance to start. Better than Palko? Yes. I did expect that much.

But even though I did not expect much, I was stunned at the things he could do that Cassel could not do.

Now you can defend your boy Cassel all you want. That is fine. I'm ready to move on. And I do not care if it is Quinn or Stanzi... and those are our only two options.

Don't care if it is Quinn. Don't care if it Stanzi. I just know I have seen enough of Cassel.

Can we win games with Cassel? Sure. But only if the running game is carrying him. I have posted the 3-16 stats many times these past few months. They are what they are. Only way we win with Cassel is running game first. Not that that is a bad plan... I just want another option if Plan A is not working. Plan B is 3-16, and that is not good enough for me.

Again. You act as though I am defending Cassel. I'm not. I'm pointing out that Orton is the same guy, + a deepball, and - 3rd down and redzone efficiency...

You're right, Orton could do things Cassel couldn't, throw the ball over 30 yds. Fact is, Cassel could punch the ball into the endzone and convert 3rd downs better. Which is better?

Orton is no better than the status quo, actually, worse. It'd take longer to rid the team of Orton than it will Cassel.

Messier 05-28-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643339)
Again. You act as though I am defending Cassel. I'm not. I'm pointing out that Orton is the same guy, + a deepball, and - 3rd down and redzone efficiency...

You're right, Orton could do things Cassel couldn't, throw the ball over 30 yds. Fact is, Cassel could punch the ball into the endzone and convert 3rd downs better. Which is better?

Orton is no better than the status quo, actually, worse. It'd take longer to rid the team of Orton than it will Cassel.

Agreed.

And as for Quinn and Stanzi, I too want to know what they are. I don't think Quinn is better than Cassel, Stanzi is an unknown. We won't see either unless Cassel is injured this year.

rico 05-28-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643346)
Agreed.

And as for Quinn and Stanzi, I too want to know what they are. I don't think Quinn is better than Cassel, Stanzi is an unknown. We won't see either unless Cassel is injured this year.

How much crappage do you think Cassel has to do in his pants before we see one of the two?

BossChief 05-28-2012 12:14 PM

Haha

I switch to nfln and they are playing the top 10 quarterback duels and that browns/lions game is #9.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-28-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643203)

You're confusing a team that tried and failed with a team that laid down and waved the white flag. They were a flawed team that a prime Manning helped mask. Shit teams with shit QB's lose often in this league, but it doesn't mean they didn't try.

Messier 05-28-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricoswaff (Post 8643349)
How much crappage do you think Cassel has to do in his pants before we see one of the two?

10,000 diapers full.

No, he might be on a short leash, if the team is losing and Cassel is throwing a couple picks a game, I think he'd get yanked.

But I don't see than happening. I think this season will be closer to 2010 for Cassel, unless Charles isn't healthy and things get really ugly with Bowe.

Coogs 05-28-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8643339)

Many posts ago, this was posted...

Quote:

Replacing bums with other bums accomplishes nothing and can set you even further back.
I disagree and used Orton as an exapmle. Didn't say Orton was Aaron Rodgers... a QB by the way that Orton happened to beat in his first game as QB here. Cassel has not beat a winning team in all his time here.

And again... I love the running game. Cassel must have that to win. That is a given... with stats to back it up.

Now I am not sure if Quinn and Stanzi are both bums or not. Seen to many here say Stanzi couldn't even beat out Palko... therefore he is a bum. And I know Quinns track record as well. I am just not ready to classify him as a bum either... although he could be.

Bottom line is though that for me... I am not ready to classify either of those two as bums. Cassel... you will get no arguement from me on that issue.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8643361)
You're confusing a team that tried and failed with a team that laid down and waved the white flag. They were a flawed team that a prime Manning helped mask. Shit teams with shit QB's lose often in this league, but it doesn't mean they didn't try.

i bet the FO and management were glad they were flawed, i mean look at the prize they were awarded.

Messier 05-28-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643372)
i bet the FO and management were glad they were flawed, i mean look at the prize they were awarded.

Yep. They're gonna be bad this year too. They have what might be a franchise QB with very little around him, and most of the coaches and FO staff won't be here to enjoy if and or when Luck turns the team around. I'm sure they'd rather have gone to the playoffs last year than draft Luck.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643378)
Yep. They're gonna be bad this year too.

agreed. they'll be bad this year but what a guy to build a team around.

rico 05-28-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8643368)
Many posts ago, this was posted...

I disagree and used Orton as an exapmle. Didn't say Orton was Aaron Rodgers... a QB by the way that Orton happened to beat in his first game as QB here. Cassel has not beat a winning team in all his time here.

And again... I love the running game. Cassel must have that to win. That is a given... with stats to back it up.

Now I am not sure if Quinn and Stanzi are both bums or not. Seen to many here say Stanzi couldn't even beat out Palko... therefore he is a bum. And I know Quinns track record as well. I am just not ready to classify him as a bum either... although he could be.

Bottom line is though that for me... I am not ready to classify either of those two as bums. Cassel... you will get no arguement from me on that issue.

And speaking of the run game and the Colts game....didn't Jackie Battle of all people end up tearing it up against the Colts last season?

Messier 05-28-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8643382)
agreed. they'll be bad this year but what a guy to build a team around.

But like I said, the FO and coaches would have rather won last year.

Rausch 05-28-2012 12:37 PM

I think that Brady only has about a 20% chance of taking this job (even if Casshole is injured for 6+ weeks) but the thought of a legit NFL arm/build under center makes me want to buy that lottery ticket...

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8643387)
But like I said, the FO and coaches would have rather won last year.

you're prolly right.
but if the prize wasn't so great yeah...with Luck tho, i'm not so sure.

Frankie 05-28-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8643394)
I think that Brady only has about a 20% chance of taking this job (even if Casshole is injured for 6+ weeks).

I'm afraid you are wrong. :(

Things look suspiciously like this:

Cassel = Pioli's prince

Quinn = Crennel's prince

Stanzi = Red headed bastard son whose only chance to play is if both Cassel and Quinn are injured in the same game.

-King- 05-28-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8643415)
I'm afraid you are wrong. :(

Things look suspiciously like this:

Cassel = Pioli's prince

Quinn = Crennel's prince

Stanzi = Red headed bastard son whose only chance to play is if both Cassel and Quinn are injured in the same game.

LMAO Where the **** are you guys getting this type of shit from? People here are delusional when it comes to our QBs.

BoneKrusher 05-28-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643426)
LMAO Where the **** are you guys getting this type of shit from? People here are delusional when it comes to our QBs.

when our team has three QB's it really means we have no QB's.

QB or Not QB

i'm so confused.

-King- 05-28-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8643325)
Matter of the fact is, I am a bit of an old schooler. While I like the passing game... I would much prefer to watch Charles run for 200 yards. That's my kind of football.

I just want a QB who can bail us out when that doesn't happen. And I am thinking that either Quinn or Stanzi can win games too... when Charles goes off for 200. That not a skill set that Cassel is the only QB in the NFL can win with.

It's who can provide us with plan B when plan A isn't working. And we all know that isn't Cassel.

And we know it isn't Quinn either and likely won't be Stanzi.

Why can't people understand that we likely have 3 average to below average quarterbacks? Quinn has proven that he sucks. And Stanzi hasn't proven anything. He could show something later this off season, but counting on that is like counting on winning the lottery.

Rausch 05-28-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8643432)
Why can't people understand that we likely have 3 average to below average quarterbacks?

Because we don't know that.

All we do know is that we're riding the next Bono/Girlbac/Kreig disaster train that the FO seems happy to see play out...

-King- 05-28-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8643436)
Because we don't know that.

All we do know is that we're riding the next Bono/Girlbac/Kreig disaster train that the FO seems happy to see play out...

Key word = "Likely"

There is a 5% chance Stanzi even becomes an average starting QB. Less than a 1% chance he becomes anything special.

So yeah, I'm right. We likely have 3 average to below average Qbs.