ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254378)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-29-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8334807)
Makers and diet is my happy juice

love Makers. I shoot it and Chase it with diet though. Gonna have to lay off it for awhile.

L.A. Chieffan 01-29-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytex (Post 8334815)
Yeah, you need to cut the boozing. That's an order.

There's no carbs in hard alc

Buck 01-29-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8334817)
There's no carbs in hard alc

Thats right, but it dehydrates you and slows down weight loss.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-29-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytex (Post 8334815)
Yeah, you need to cut the boozing. That's an order.

if I don't, I'm a diabetic dead man walking.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-29-2012 02:08 PM

I lost 180lbs smoking pot every day. I have NO self control when drinking. I'll eat anything I want while drunk.

Hammock Parties 01-29-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8334819)
if I don't, I'm a diabetic dead man walking.

I'm genuinely concerned for you at this point. This yo-yo stuff is not good.

I'll be in Springfield later this year. Maybe we can do a light lunch.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-29-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytex (Post 8334821)
I'm genuinely concerned for you at this point. This yo-yo stuff is not good.

I'll be in Springfield later this year. Maybe we can do a light lunch.

this is by far as bad as it's gotten. I have up yo'd but not like this. 330 was my old record high.

Bwana 01-29-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytex (Post 8333976)
I didn't say that.

Nobody needs a personal trainer to lose weight, though. It's a crutch.

That depends a lot on if someone knows what they are doing in the weight room, or not. If a person uses improper technique, it's going to take longer to get results. I think there is a great advantage to starting out with a trainer and learning how to do things, then a person can step away and do it on their own.

I know when I worked out hard core 6 days a week, a trainer was fantastic. The guy knew his stuff and helped with proper technique. I was amazed at what I didn't know, even after lifting on my own for years. The best part, it didn't cost me a dime. He trained me for free on weights and I trained him for free and taught him self defense.

2112 01-29-2012 03:02 PM

I just shit out Shaq's head. I lost about 5 lb's in one bowel movement (FLEXES) and it was a five star bowel movement.

You people need to shit more :)

2112 01-29-2012 03:08 PM

What about drinking water? it makes you feel full and filters all of that shit out of you.

Bearcat 01-29-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8334829)
That depends a lot on if someone knows what they are doing in the weight room, or not. If a person uses improper technique, it's going to take longer to get results. I think there is a great advantage to starting out with a trainer and learning how to do things, then a person can step away and do it on their own.

I know when I worked out hard core 6 days a week, a trainer was fantastic. The guy knew his stuff and helped with proper technique. I was amazed at what I didn't know, even after lifting on my own for years. The best part, it didn't cost me a dime. He trained me for free on weights and I trained him for free and taught him self defense.

When I started lifting & making changes to my diet, I researched online quite a bit, but I'd end up reading one article that made one point, Googling that and finding 5 different opinions on that one thing, moving onto something else just to do the same.... so, call it a crutch or structure or whatever, it's good to have a plan, whether it's a set of workout videos, a personal trainer, etc.

I bounce ideas and thoughts off experts in subjects I know a lot about (or at least pretend to), so doing the same with something like fitness is a no brainer.

Kyle DeLexus 01-29-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8332817)
It is aways back in the thread. Here is a link to the blog post with the recipe:

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012...-pancakes.html

Enjoy!

Tried these out with low fat cream cheese today just to test them out. Very good, taste a lot like breadless French Toast, which is a good thing since french toast is a favorite of mine.

Buck 01-29-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8334988)
Tried these out with low fat cream cheese today just to test them out. Very good, taste a lot like breadless French Toast, which is a good thing since french toast is a favorite of mine.

Yup, I think they are more like French Toast too. So good.

Try topping them with a little cream cheese next time too. So good!

Kyle DeLexus 01-29-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8335004)
Yup, I think they are more like French Toast too. So good.

Try topping them with a little cream cheese next time too. So good!

Do you use any sugar free syrup or anything, or do you count sugar alcohols as carbs?

Buck 01-29-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8335013)
Do you use any sugar free syrup or anything, or do you count sugar alcohols as carbs?

Sugar Alcohols aren't technically counted towards your net carbs, but certain ones can cause a spike in your insulin, and the insulin will grab the fat you're eating and store it, slowing weight loss.

I bought some sugar free syrup just for these things, but I haven't eaten it because I'm afraid of what it might do.

Kyle DeLexus 01-29-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8335019)
Sugar Alcohols aren't technically counted towards your net carbs, but certain ones can cause a spike in your insulin, and the insulin will grab the fat you're eating and store it, slowing weight loss.

I bought some sugar free syrup just for these things, but I haven't eaten it because I'm afraid of what it might do.

Yeah, back when I did the keto thing before, I believe I read on bb.com that the walden farms syrup was fine. I'm not sure if I remember right or not though.

Hammock Parties 01-29-2012 04:36 PM

You only need a little syrup...you should be fine as long as you don't drench them in it.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-29-2012 04:37 PM

What can I drink besides water? **** unsweetened tea.

Buck 01-29-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8335037)

Water, Tea, Coffee, Unsweetened Almond Milk

You can have a couple glasses of Crystal Light a day, but don't drink too much. Citric Acid has been known to slow weight loss in some people.

You can have an occasional diet coke, but that's not really recommended.

Buck 01-29-2012 04:40 PM

Or you can just make your tea and sweeten it with Stevia.

Also Heavy Cream is okay if you like cream in your tea or coffee.

Hammock Parties 01-29-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8335037)

At your weight, I don't think drinking diet soda is going to hurt you, unless it makes your appetite go up. It does for some people.

You could drink things like crystal light, but I think it might have the same effect as diet soda.

Hammock Parties 01-29-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8335043)
Or you can just make your tea and sweeten it with Stevia.

Also Heavy Cream is okay if you like cream in your tea or coffee.

Heh heh. I made 0 carb ice cream using heavy cream about a year ago. That was fun...tasted pretty good, too.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-29-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8335042)
Water, Tea, Coffee, Unsweetened Almond Milk

You can have a couple glasses of Crystal Light a day, but don't drink too much. Citric Acid has been known to slow weight loss in some people.

You can have an occasional diet coke, but that's not really recommended.

oh well. Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-29-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytex (Post 8335044)
At your weight, I don't think drinking diet soda is going to hurt you, unless it makes your appetite go up. It does for some people.

You could drink things like crystal light, but I think it might have the same effect as diet soda.

come on. You know damn well I can control my appetite.

Buck 01-29-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8335046)
oh well. Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8s_TUYVW8

Buck 01-29-2012 04:51 PM

And do any of you have My Fitness Pal?

It's almost like facebook or something for weight loss.

Here is mine.

www.myfitnesspal.com/BuckinKaeding

Mr. Flopnuts 01-29-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8335066)
And do any of you have My Fitness Pal?

It's almost like facebook or something for weight loss.

Here is mine.

www.myfitnesspal.com/BuckinKaeding

Hmm. I was thinking about writing a blog. I'll check that out later.

mnchiefsguy 01-29-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8335013)

I used the Walden Farms pancake syrup. It is sugar and calorie free, and has no carbs. It uses no sugar alcohols. It is a little thin, but tasted great, especially after heating the syrup up in the microwave.

mnchiefsguy 01-29-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8335034)
Yeah, back when I did the keto thing before, I believe I read on bb.com that the walden farms syrup was fine. I'm not sure if I remember right or not though.

Yeah, I don't know how they do it, but the Walden Farms stuff are all carb and calorie free, and don't have the sugar alcohols.

The sugar alcohols are not supposed to count against you as carbs, but that topic is heavily debatable among low carbers.

Kyle DeLexus 01-29-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8335079)
Yeah, I don't know how they do it, but the Walden Farms stuff are all carb and calorie free, and don't have the sugar alcohols.

The sugar alcohols are not supposed to count against you as carbs, but that topic is heavily debatable among low carbers.

Thanks! I'm going shopping for some low carb items today and I'll add that to the list. I'm pretty sure they have it at Price Chopper.

Buck 01-29-2012 05:07 PM

I need to look for that Walden Farms stuff.

mnchiefsguy 01-29-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8335088)

Not sure what grocery stores you have out there in San Diego...but here is the main Walden Foods site, and it has a store locator on it:

http://www.waldenfarms.com/

Kyle DeLexus 01-30-2012 01:12 AM

Walden Farms Pancake syrup is a winner compared to the shitty sugar free syrup I had been using. The BBQ sauce blows, but will do if desperate.

What's the deal with vegetables on keto? Do you count them or not? When I googled it, some people say green vegetables are ok, and others say they count all of them.

Buck 01-30-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8335961)
Walden Farms Pancake syrup is a winner compared to the shitty sugar free syrup I had been using. The BBQ sauce blows, but will do if desperate.

What's the deal with vegetables on keto? Do you count them or not? When I googled it, some people say green vegetables are ok, and others say they count all of them.

Find fiber count and subtract from carbs.

Or you can check this.

If you go on Reddit, check out r/keto.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zMURRLWc#gid=0

Ultra Peanut 01-30-2012 01:26 AM

I found Cary's Sugar Free syrup in grocery stores after moving to Massachusetts, and it's really great in oatmeal and on waffles. So much better than any other (slightly weird-tasting at best) sugar-free syrups I've had; 30 kcal + 11g of sugar alcohol per 1/4 cup* apparently, so if that's within whatever guidelines you have for yourself it gets my Not-Weird-Tasting™ seal of approval!

*Measuring cups + food scale = peace of mind!

Quote:

The rabidly anti-veggie thing creeps me the **** out, especially since I ate veggies daily when I lost 80 pounds in like five months (yay ketosis!). The bizarrely proud-of-being-contrary stuff turns me off a lot of low-carb discussions, tbqh. RABBIT FOOD GRGLRHRRLHRHGH I AM LITERALLY EIGHT YEARS OLD

Buck 01-30-2012 01:32 AM

I try to fit in veggies, but they aren't my top priority. I have about 4 servings a week at least though.

Hammock Parties 01-30-2012 01:35 AM

Just don't eat potatoes. Pound for pound they spike your insulin worse than just about anything.

Hammock Parties 01-30-2012 01:39 AM

Two Net Carb Vegetables

Arugula (Arugula Recipes)
Asparagus (Asparagus Recipes)
Chard (Chard Recipes)
Chayote (Chayote Recipes)
Eggplant (Eggplant Recipes)
Hearts of Palm (Hearts of Palm Recipes)
Jicama (Jicama Recipes)
Lettuce (Lettuce Recipes)
Radishes (Radish Recipes)
Spinach (Spinach Recipes)

Three Net Carb Vegetables

Bell Peppers, Green (Bell Pepper Recipes)
Cabbage, Green & Savoy (Cabbage Recipes)
Cauliflower (Cauliflower Recipes)
Cucumber (Cucumber Recipes)
Daikon (Daikon Recipes)
Kohlrabi (Kohlrabi Recipes)
Mushrooms, Button (Mushroom Recipes)
Pumpkin Puree (1 cup) (Pumpkin Recipes)
Rhubarb (Rhubarb Recipes)
Summer Squash (Summer Squash Recipes)
Zucchini (Zucchini Recipes)

Four Net Carb Vegetables
Avocado, California (1 cup) (Avocado Recipes)
Fennel (Fennel Recipes)
Green Beans (Green Bean Recipes)
Mushrooms, Crimini & Oyster (Mushroom Recipes)
Okra (Okra Recipes)
Radicchio (Radicchio Recipes)
Tomatoes (Tomato Recipes)

Five Net Carb Vegetables

Avocado, Florida (1 cup) (Avocado Recipes)
Bell Peppers, Red (Bell Pepper Recipes)
Broccoli (Broccoli Recipes)
Edamame (1/2 cup) (Edamame Recipes)
Mushrooms, Enoki (Mushroom Recipes)
Tomatillo (Tomatillo Recipes)
Turnips (Turnip Recipes)

Phobia 01-30-2012 02:19 AM

I'm gonna start participating here. Don't need in on the competition but I'm planning to drop 25 lbs in February and March. I perform better athletically lighter and I don't have a lot of years of competitive softball remaining. I have to drop some weight to be able to get around better.

Nzoner 01-30-2012 07:36 AM

Just got back from my little workout room,first day of 2012 back on the treadmill.Got a 2 mile walk in.

Archie F. Swin 01-30-2012 07:36 AM

Tough weekend. Dues to circumstances beyond my control I found myself at IHOP once and Denny's twice. I also had a birthday cake encounter. Temptations are a muhfuker.

Nzoner 01-30-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8335088)

Just a head's up but I was on Amazon yesterday and in their grocery section they have low carb foods.

L.A. Chieffan 01-30-2012 10:53 AM

For those on the keto diet, are you guys carbing up on the weekends?

Buck 01-30-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8336053)
Just a head's up but I was on Amazon yesterday and in their grocery section they have low carb foods.

Sweet, I'll check it out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8336386)
For those on the keto diet, are you guys carbing up on the weekends?

No.

I haven't had a single cheat day yet and the most net carbs I've had in a day so far is probably about 15. I've been at this for 30 days now.

Down to 272.8 (down 22.2 pounds).

L.A. Chieffan 01-30-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8336410)

No.

I haven't had a single cheat day yet and the most net carbs I've had in a day so far is probably about 15. I've been at this for 30 days now.

Down to 272.8 (down 22.2 pounds).

From what i'm reading you're supposed to have a cheat day once a week to avoid burning off muscle. Are you working out at all?

Buck 01-30-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8336423)
From what i'm reading you're supposed to have a cheat day once a week to avoid burning off muscle. Are you working out at all?

That's absolutely untrue. There is a diet called the Targeted Ketogenic Diet that says you should carb up just before workouts.

I am not. I am stronger than I was 30 days ago. I can do 10 times the amount of pushups I could do on day 1.

L.A. Chieffan 01-30-2012 11:18 AM

1 to 10?

Dartgod 01-30-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8336437)
1 to 10?

LMAO

Buck 01-30-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8336437)
1 to 10?

:evil:

Hammock Parties 01-30-2012 07:12 PM

Just bought some pork rinds. :evil:

Archie F. Swin 01-30-2012 10:15 PM

So, I've been trying to to eat fruit and veg daily. I've been averaging 2 bananas and 2 pears daily (my fav fruits). What's everyone's opinion on bananas? Too many carbs?

Dartgod 01-30-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytex (Post 8337329)
Just bought some pork rinds. :evil:

We had pork rind (spicy) coated tilapia for dinner tonight. Yummy!

Buck 01-30-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 8337906)
So, I've been trying to to eat fruit and veg daily. I've been averaging 2 bananas and 2 pears daily (my fav fruits). What's everyone's opinion on bananas? Too many carbs?

Depends on what diet you're doing. If you're trying for low carb, then you are eating way too much sugar.

Hammock Parties 01-31-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8337921)
We had pork rind (spicy) coated tilapia for dinner tonight. Yummy!

What's the recipe? I tried frying chicken in pork rind batter (egg yolk, rinds) but it was questionable.

kc rush 01-31-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 8254828)
I'm in this year. 6'2" and 272. I'm sure I'm at 98% body fat, so I need to get in better shape as well as lose the weight. The ultimate goal is to get to around 190.

Down to 260. Not too bad considering I haven't started an exercise program. This was all from doing a better job with what I eat.

No big secrets, just keeping a balanced diet, reducing calorie intake, cutting sweet carbs and replacing those with fruit. Less fried foods.

Dartgod 01-31-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytex (Post 8338236)
What's the recipe? I tried frying chicken in pork rind batter (egg yolk, rinds) but it was questionable.

It's complicated, but here goes...

Crush the pork rinds and coat the fish.

I did have a hard time getting the rinds to stick to the fish. First time I used egg whites and this last time I just dampened the fillets. I ended up just sprinkling the rinds on one side and pressed down to get them to stick and then flipped then and repeated. Baked @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

The spicy ones gave it good flavor.

Buck 01-31-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 8338534)
Down to 260. Not too bad considering I haven't started an exercise program. This was all from doing a better job with what I eat.

No big secrets, just keeping a balanced diet, reducing calorie intake, cutting sweet carbs and replacing those with fruit. Less fried foods.

Great job!

Blankey 02-01-2012 06:50 AM

195 lbs 21% BF
previous month: 198 lbs

Dartgod 02-01-2012 07:28 AM

254 lbs, total loss 10 lbs

Predarat 02-01-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8334820)
I lost 180lbs smoking pot every day. I have NO self control when drinking. I'll eat anything I want while drunk.

With all the diet debate, that right there is the best of all.

Archie F. Swin 02-01-2012 09:45 AM

12/31/11 - 198lbs
2/1/12 - 184lbs (-14)

Hammock Parties 02-01-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 8340686)
12/31/11 - 198lbs
2/1/12 - 184lbs (-14)

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/...s/rnd-rudy.gif

Predarat 02-01-2012 09:53 AM

Checking in at 251, not bad but needs to get beter.

Jan 254
Feb 251

Montly Loss: 3
Annual Loss: 3
AVG Annual Loss last year: 1

Buck 02-01-2012 10:06 AM

1/1/12 - 295
2/1/12 - 273

Hammock Parties 02-01-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8340740)
1/1/12 - 295
2/1/12 - 273

http://east-of-nowhere.com/wp-conten...p_clap_gif.gif

Monty 02-01-2012 11:02 AM

1/1/12-218
2/1/12-207

The crazy part is that I've only cut down on quantity of food, I haven't yet begun to exercise regularly. Maybe this month. :)

Nzoner 02-01-2012 11:16 AM

1-9-12 223

2-1-12 211

mnchiefsguy 02-01-2012 11:18 AM

Horrible second half of the month.... really struggling with the diet, but it is what it is.

2/1/12--274.1

Omaha 02-01-2012 11:23 AM

FYI - I did a 3 day cleanse & then started paleo. I'm down 13 lbs in 2 weeks & I don't really have a lot to lose.

I didn't read the thread so I don't know if anyone is doing paleo, but it kinda kicks ass.

Pablo 02-01-2012 11:23 AM

Buck 02-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8340877)
FYI - I did a 3 day cleanse & then started paleo. I'm down 13 lbs in 2 weeks & I don't really have a lot to lose.

I didn't read the thread so I don't know if anyone is doing paleo, but it kinda kicks ass.

That's where you eat anything you could naturally find yourself right? Like no bread or beer and stuff like that right?

I've been doing keto. It's awesome.

PunkinDrublic 02-01-2012 12:40 PM

I'm starting a two week juice type of fast the day after the super bowl. I currently can't go a couple of days without eating fast food. I'm convinced there is some kind of chemicals in the fast food that's making me crave it every time I get even a little hungry. I think this kind of detoxing will help me break that cycle.

Ultra Peanut 02-01-2012 12:45 PM

CAN I PLAY

1/2/12: 157.6 lbs
1/28/12: 156.2 lbs

http://i42.tinypic.com/vy8h2t.gif

(Today has been kind of depressing and I'm glad this thread is so smile-inducing. Congrats to all of you!)

Buck 02-01-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8341017)
CAN I PLAY

1/2/12: 157.6 lbs
1/28/12: 156.2 lbs

http://i42.tinypic.com/vy8h2t.gif

(Today has been kind of depressing and I'm glad this thread is so smile-inducing. Congrats to all of you!)

http://imgon.net/di-CFRG.gif

Frosty 02-01-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 8341011)
I'm starting a two week juice type of fast the day after the super bowl. I currently can't go a couple of days without eating fast food. I'm convinced there is some kind of chemicals in the fast food that's making me crave it every time I get even a little hungry. I think this kind of detoxing will help me break that cycle.

There is a book out there called The End of Overeating by Dr. David Kessler that is a good introduction to the theory of food reward. The book is basically about how modern foods are specifically designed to stimulate the dopamine center of the brain and cause us to crave it like a drug. It's a great book that I would recommend to anyone that struggles with overeating.

There is also a blog by a UW researcher that is in the field of food reward. He has a whole series on the subject starting here. Well worth reading the whole series, IMO.

Ultra Peanut 02-01-2012 12:48 PM

Ronaldoface best face

Buck 02-01-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8341028)
Ronaldoface best face

I've always wondered what exactly he is thinking about at that very moment.

whoman69 02-01-2012 12:51 PM

I'm losing about 1/2-1 pound a week. Don't think its enough right now and may consider Weight Watchers depending upon the schedule they have.

Buck 02-01-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8341036)
I'm losing about 1/2-1 pound a week. Don't think its enough right now and may consider Weight Watchers depending upon the schedule they have.

Have Netflix? Watch a movie called Fat Head.

Then decide on your own whether or not you want to follow a low carb diet.

I've lost 22 lbs this month.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8341036)

I don't think weight watchers is designed for 188-pound males.

Unless you're 5-5 or something look into low carb.