ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245442)

Abba-Dabba 11-02-2011 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8072050)
ROFL There are tons more campers in BF3 than CoD. Tons.

Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Well my dad can beat up your dad!

There are campers in every game. No one game has more than the other.
Problem with CoD for me is the 90% who play TeamDM, which has no real objective. Bla, spam nade, bla, spam tube, bla, spam commando rinse repeat. Hate to say it this way, but it's just watered down run and gun nonsense. Which has it's place for some gamers, I guess. The sheer amount of Nuketown TDM servers in BO is a great example of this point.

For many PC players, BF3 and Conquest mode was a very welcome site to see back. It gives you and objectives that need to be both defended and attacked within the same game type. And that is something the common CoD player will never understand.

-King- 11-02-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 8072842)
Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Well my dad can beat up your dad!

There are campers in every game. No one game has more than the other.
Problem with CoD for me is the 90% who play TeamDM, which has no real objective. Bla, spam nade, bla, spam tube, bla, spam commando rinse repeat. Hate to say it this way, but it's just watered down run and gun nonsense. Which has it's place for some gamers, I guess. The sheer amount of Nuketown TDM servers in BO is a great example of this point.

For many PC players, BF3 and Conquest mode was a very welcome site to see back. It gives you and objectives that need to be both defended and attacked within the same game type. And that is something the common CoD player will never understand.

Objective game modes are always full of people so I don't see the problem with a lot of people playing TDM. If you don't like TDM, there are plenty of other game modes to play that have just as many people.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quesadilla Joe 11-02-2011 08:16 PM

IGN posted that 4 hour stream to youtube today....

PART 1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DiQ4Kj4qV48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PART 2

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TeH-Q60qdu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PART 3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d4sTmGDJccg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Abba-Dabba 11-03-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8072865)
Objective game modes are always full of people so I don't see the problem with a lot of people playing TDM. If you don't like TDM, there are plenty of other game modes to play that have just as many people.
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course they are always full of people. They are in short supply for CoD. The point is though, easily there is the vast majority of CoD servers that are nothing more than TeamDM, and will be nothing more than that ever.

Now switch over to Battlefield and there is a vast majority of servers that run Conquest. The difference is the gamer. Battlefield players tend to be more team and objective oriented. Where CoD players lend themselves more towards a run and gun individualistic style. Play run and gun in BF and more times than not, you will lose your ass off. It's a much more immersive environment that requires a strategy much more broad than what CoD game types like Domination, S&D, HQ etc. all call for.

But like I said in the beginning. Comparing BF and CoD is really comparing apple and oranges. BF is a much more complete overall battlefield experience, that CoD will always lack. CoD is all infantry, all the time. No worries needing to lay mines for tanks, APC's, and Anti-air as well as dealing with the infantry that comes your way. No worries of needing take cover for a good gunship crew, or dealing with a good pilot.

But then again I think it all comes down to platform as well. CoD will be a good game for console players. BF is much more suited towards a PC player.

Sofa King 11-03-2011 07:48 AM

I'm getting so ****ing pumped for this game!

Sofa King 11-03-2011 09:06 AM

I'm still pumped for this game. Been ready to kick some ass lately. You ****ers better get the game right when it comes out.

Quesadilla Joe 11-03-2011 07:14 PM

I've read a lot of great things about MW3 from people who got it early. They are saying the hit detection is amazing. A camper that uploads a lot of COD videos to youtube is bitching about how small the maps are and how fast paced it is. Hopefully all the COD campers will play this game and get sick of it and go to Battlefield.

Quesadilla Joe 11-03-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Played for 3 hours straight, so far so good, pretty much all gun on gun, i've only gotten tubed once all day. Fantastic game!
Quote:

The game is very fast paced and alot like COD4, mostly gun on gun. I wish i could play all day, but wife just got home -_
Quote:

To be honest im not finding much use for blast shield at all, the explosives are so minor, this guy shot a NT right near me and i lived lol
Quote:

They did a good job balancing the HB sensor, it sweeps alot slower in MW3 than it did in MW2,
Quote:

These ****ing games are so fast paced, just like cod4 all over again, im in love <3
https://twitter.com/#!/ThunderS7ruck

-King- 11-03-2011 07:18 PM

My biggest hope is that all the noobs will try to noob tube on the first couple of days, fail, and leave forever. I don't want them to find another cheap method of killing.

CoMoChief 11-03-2011 08:17 PM

So is this game going to be better than BF3??? Or is it going to be more popular just becaue of the name?

Because from the video game trailers I've seen on commercials, BF3 looks better, esp w/ the dog fighting gameplay (which I love - I love the Ace Combat games, the new one is awesome).

Thoughts?

Pants 11-03-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8077052)
So is this game going to be better than BF3??? Or is it going to be more popular just becaue of the name?

Because from the video game trailers I've seen on commercials, BF3 looks better, esp w/ the dog fighting gameplay (which I love - I love the Ace Combat games, the new one is awesome).

Thoughts?

Just to let you know, CoMo, flying a jet is completely different in BF3 than it is in Ace Combat. It's like driving through the air in this game, lol.

Quesadilla Joe 11-03-2011 09:04 PM

I have heard jets are practically worthless in BF3 and that if someone on your team is in a jet you are basically a man down.

COD and BF3 are two completely different types of games.

MW3 has extremely tight and responsive controls, Battlefield has sluggish controls

COD is more of a lone wolf type of game where one guy can win a game for the entire team, BF3 is extremely team oriented where one single guy has very little impact on the outcome of a game.

COD is fast paced with small maps, Battlefield is slow paced with GIGANTIC maps.

COD is filled with people who run around constantly trying to get kills, Battlefield is filled with people who camp constantly trying not to die.

-King- 11-03-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8077052)

Thoughts?

Dogfighting? Lol. No. that doesn't happen. It's more Flight Simulator X than it is Ace Combat.

SnakeXJones 11-03-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8077116)
I have heard jets are practically worthless in BF3 and that if someone on your team is in a jet you are basically a man down.

MW3 has extremely tight and responsive controls, Battlefield has sluggish controls

COD is more of a lone wolf type of game where one guy can win a game for the entire team, BF3 is extremely team oriented where one single guy has very little impact on the outcome of a game.

COD is fast paced with small maps, Battlefield is slow paced with GIGANTIC maps.

COD is filled with people who run around constantly trying to get kills, Battlefield is filled with people who camp constantly trying not to die.

So your saying is BF3 is better got it

DBOSHO 11-03-2011 09:36 PM

If battlefields maps were smaller id like it better, but running across a map for 2 minutes, dying, then doing it again and again isnt too appealing to me.

Im psyched for mw3. Hated every bit of black ops.

-King- 11-03-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 8077144)
So your saying is BF3 is better got it

Yeah, it has better graphics. Thats it.

If your gun skills are terrible, and you have bad reaction time, then BF3 is the game for you.

SnakeXJones 11-03-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8077160)

If your gun skills are terrible, and you have bad reaction time, then BF3 is the game for you.

Gonna buy it tommorrow if I agree with u or not

-King- 11-03-2011 09:54 PM

I have a feeling this may be one of my favorite modes. It's too bad that the player in this video sucks ass though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e-im3jaRoQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 11-03-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8077160)

STDM = small maps, 4 teams of 4 dudes, constant gun action. I've played way more COD than I have BF, and love both games. When it comes to COD, the only mode you need quick reaction time is in hardcore. COD has it's awesome moments, but it won't give you that adrenaline rush of those rare BF moments when you revive your two teammates, kill an enemy and prevent the other team from defusing the charge on the MCOMM all in about 10 seconds.

What I'm saying is that BF is more satisfying because you can help your teammates in more ways and in turn make your team that much more stronger than a bunch of dudes running around only bothering to shoot their guns.

ChiefFripp 11-03-2011 11:38 PM

By the time BF3 gets a tad boring for me MW3 will be in the bargain bin or have a cheap Game OF The Year edition,I'll pick it up then. As good as BF3 is now , the Karkland map pack will take it to another level.

With all this competition between the two games people are overlooking the fact that gamers are just lucky to have two AAA shooters with different feels in the same year. Get tired of one, pop the other one in for a few days.

Quesadilla Joe 11-03-2011 11:48 PM

BF3's servers are going to be a ghost town once MW3 drops. More people are playing Black Ops and MW2 on XBOX Live right now than BF3.

ChiefFripp 11-03-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8077288)
BF3's servers are going to be a ghost town once MW3 drops. More people are playing Black Ops and MW2 on XBOX Live right now than BF3.

And they have also been out a lot longer and have benefited from a Christmas season. However , I hope you're correct, it will be nice losing all the 13 year old people who can't be bothered to drop med packs and ammo, an in general don't understand anything other than a K/D ratio. Somehow though I think most of them will come back to BF3. It's kind of like middle school when you stop listening to pop and graduate to Metal.

Brought the fanboy out in me!

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8077178)
I have a feeling this may be one of my favorite modes. It's too bad that the player in this video sucks ass though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e-im3jaRoQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah I think I'm gonna give that game mode a chance. Hopefully a lot of people play it so I can get a good connection, if I'm not in a party I just search 3 or 4 game modes until I find a game where I get at least 70 ping.

SnakeXJones 11-04-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8077288)

You cant sound like a bigger homer then you are now

CoMoChief 11-04-2011 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8077116)

Thanks...lol a video game trailer can be very deceptive.

Mr. Plow 11-04-2011 06:16 AM

Knowmo is right. They are two entirely different games.

COD is a mindless run & gun type game.
BF3 is more of a tactical, team orientated game.

I enjoy both. Most people would enjoy them both as well. Knowmo just can't stand games that require him to look around for enemies.Basically, he wants the enemy players to jump out in front of him and say "here I am, kill me".

Sofa King 11-04-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

He's not terrible but he runs in the wide open too much. He did much better when he was using cover properly.

Nice to see the effectiveness of the shotgun. Definitely gonna be the first class i build.

Valiant 11-04-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8077430)
Knowmo is right. They are two entirely different games.

COD is a mindless run & gun type game.
BF3 is more of a tactical, team orientated game.

I enjoy both. Most people would enjoy them both as well. Knowmo just can't stand games that require him to look around for enemies.Basically, he wants the enemy players to jump out in front of him and say "here I am, kill me".

Also, cod benifits more of he worst thing ever with consoles, people with better connections. Run n gun and the speed of the game favor them. It is still there in bf, but not as much sine the game is more tacticiful, well xcept forthe people who play it like cod.

Wish the companies that make billions on these games would throw out some dedicated servers, you will stll make billions.

Pants 11-04-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8077962)
Also, cod benifits more of he worst thing ever with consoles, people with better connections. Run n gun and the speed of the game favor them. It is still there in bf, but not as much sine the game is more tacticiful, well xcept forthe people who play it like cod.

Wish the companies that make billions on these games would throw out some dedicated servers, you will stll make billions.

There are no hosts in BF, so that one dude is not getting a huge advantage. When there's lag in BF, it usually affects everyone.

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 12:03 PM

Here is another livestream with one of the MW3 devs

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-pl...rfare320111104

Bambi 11-04-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

damn, they didn't change A SINGLE THING did they??

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8078174)
damn, they didn't change A SINGLE THING did they??

Yeah they only created two new killstreak loadouts, you can now level up your weapon and unlock perks for each weapon, they added two or three new gamemodes, they now have a prestige shop where you can buy whatever the hell you want, there are like 5 new pieces of equipment, they added new weapons and perks, they nerfed explosives, they improved the lag that theater mode caused in Black Ops, they added like 5 new killstreaks, they added Call of Duty Elite.....

Other than that, they didn't change a damn thing. LMAO

Bambi 11-04-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8078199)
Yeah they only created two new killstreak loadouts, you can now level up your weapon and unlock perks for each weapon, they added two or three new gamemodes, they now have a prestige shop where you can buy whatever the hell you want, there are like 5 new pieces of equipment, they added new weapons and perks, they improved the lag that theater mode caused in Black Ops, they added like 5 new killstreaks, they added Call of Duty Elite.....

Other than that, they didn't change a damn thing. LMAO

I guess.

Looks the same to me. But sure can't wait to play those two new game modes!

Pants 11-04-2011 12:18 PM

Honestly, COD died with the destruction of IW. There won't be another leap like we saw from MW to MW2 and like the one we saw from BFBC2 to BF3. Activision is going to be rehashing the same shit over and over until the cash cow is dead (which won't be for a while, given how popular the franchise is). All the talent is gone.

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8078218)
Honestly, COD died with the destruction of IW. There won't be another leap like we saw from MW to MW2 and like the one we saw from BFBC2 to BF3. Activision is going to be rehashing the same shit over and over until the cash cow is dead (which won't be for a while, given how popular the franchise is). All the talent is gone.

MW2 was a cluster**** of killstreaks and explosives with little emphasis on gun on gun battles. The only way you could get away from all the BS was to hop into FFA.

If MW3 really does go back to focusing on gun on gun like COD4 did it should be the best one yet. I don't know what you want them to improve on.... I think toning down all the BS from MW2 is a great thing. I mean there were so many OP things in MW2 like Scavenger refilling claymores so nobody had to move, OMA doing the same thing and adding Danger Close and n00btubes was cheap as shit, commando, shotgun secondaries, stacking overpowered killstreaks......

Pants 11-04-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8078258)
MW2 was a cluster**** of killstreaks and explosives with little emphasis on gun on gun battles. The only way you could get away from all the BS was to hop into FFA.

If MW3 really does go back to focusing on gun on gun like COD4 did it should be the best one yet. I don't know what you want them to improve on.... I think toning down all the BS from MW2 is a great thing. I mean there were so many OP things in MW2 like Scavenger refilling claymores so nobody had to move, OMA doing the same thing and adding Danger Close and n00btubes was cheap as shit, commando, shotgun secondaries, stacking overpowered killstreaks......

They made a new engine for MW2, added a bunch of new perks and loaded up on awesome killstreaks nobody even could imagine. MW2 was the best COD game ever and still is. It was well balanced and just a complete blast to play. MW3 is rehashing MW2. It's more like an expansion pack than a new game.

You say all those things were cheap as shit, yet I made the choice of not using them because I thought other perks and loadouts were more powerful. That was the beauty of it. You expect everyone to play by some stupid rules you have in your head. It's the same "WAAAH WAAAH HE'S USING GHOST" story we've heard from you again. The fact that people chose other perks over Ghost, should tell you that it's not as overpowered as you think, but you just can't get that through your thick little head.

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 01:10 PM

They were cheap as shit and I also thought other setups were better for the way I play.

ANYBODY can camp with claymores and get 5 kills with their equipment and let their killstreaks finish the game for them.

ANYBODY can shoot Danger Close n00btubes down a hallway on Terminal and do the same thing.

If you got the most kills in TDM it didn't mean you were the best player in the lobby, most of the time it meant that you camped your ass off for your killstreaks. In COD4 if you got the top score it meant you were moving around and actually using your gun to get kills, MW3 seems to be going back to that.

Mr. Plow 11-04-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8078454)
ANYBODY can shoot Danger Close n00btubes down a hallway on Terminal and do the same thing.

Seriously, that was ****ing fun as shit though.

Pants 11-04-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8078454)
They were cheap as shit and I also thought other setups were better for the way I play.

ANYBODY can camp with claymores and get 5 kills with their equipment and let their killstreaks finish the game for them.

If you got the most kills in TDM it didn't mean you were the best player in the lobby, most of the time it meant that you camped your ass off for your killstreaks. In COD4 if you got the top score it meant you were moving around and actually using your gun to get kills, MW3 seems to be going back to that.

Hey man, have fun. You think MW2 sucked, I think it's the best COD game to date, to each their own.

Valiant 11-04-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8078372)
They made a new engine for MW2, added a bunch of new perks and loaded up on awesome killstreaks nobody even could imagine. MW2 was the best COD game ever and still is. It was well balanced and just a complete blast to play. MW3 is rehashing MW2. It's more like an expansion pack than a new game.

You say all those things were cheap as shit, yet I made the choice of not using them because I thought other perks and loadouts were more powerful. That was the beauty of it. You expect everyone to play by some stupid rules you have in your head. It's the same "WAAAH WAAAH HE'S USING GHOST" story we've heard from you again. The fact that people chose other perks over Ghost, should tell you that it's not as overpowered as you think, but you just can't get that through your thick little head.

No shit. Everything he complains about are things that counter his style. Play my way. You suck, your overpowered. Play exactly my way.

That was the great thing about mw2, everyone could play, you had tons of loadouts. The tubing got tiresome, but it goes thru phases and depends on the map.

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Kill confirmed is the best game mode i ever played. Brilliant idea. first game i went 28-6 and had so much fun.
Quote:

MW3 is the best shooter i ever played, don't listen to anyone telling you otherwise!
https://twitter.com/#!/ThunderS7ruck

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8078459)
Seriously, that was ****ing fun as shit though.

:LOL:

For you maybe, but what about the guy that just spawned in and is just trying to get out of his spawn. :cuss:

Honestly I loved MW2 but hated dying to things I had no control over. If I lose a gunfight, I can deal with that and keep going. But if I run into some asshole with painkiller and am shooting him in the back with an entire clip just to have him turn around and launch a n00btube at me then I get pissed.

Mr. Plow 11-04-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8078888)

Ok, explain "Kill Confirmed" to me. From the video, it looks like TDM except you grab little dog tags. I know there is something different to it, but what the **** is it?

Mr. Plow 11-04-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8078895)
:LOL:

For you maybe, but what about the guy that just spawned in and is just trying to get out of his spawn. :cuss:

Honestly I loved MW2 but hated dying to things I had no control over. If I lose a gunfight, I can deal with that and keep going. But if I run into some asshole with painkiller and am shooting him in the back with an entire clip just to have him turn around and launch a n00btube at me then I get pissed.

I was that guy from time to time, but man, standing there busting guys up for an entire match was fun as shit. Riot shields were fun as hell too.

Bump 11-04-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8078992)
Ok, explain "Kill Confirmed" to me. From the video, it looks like TDM except you grab little dog tags. I know there is something different to it, but what the **** is it?

basically something that all of the bitch ass campers won't play, I'M IN!!

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8078992)

It's is exactly like TDM except when you kill someone they drop a dog tag and you or a teammate have to retrieve it. If a teammate gets killed, you will see a red dog tag and if you pick it up it will deny the other team a kill. The first team to collect 65 enemy dog tags wins the game.

-King- 11-04-2011 08:20 PM

Oh...I am so ready. So ready.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K0pwql3DbRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 08:44 PM

Some Spas gameplay for Sofa

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YHFBI5VSDd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King 11-04-2011 09:08 PM

The range on that shotty isn't for shit. And i'm going to miss the semi-auto shotty if there isn't one.

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8079357)
The range on that shotty isn't for shit. And i'm going to miss the semi-auto shotty if there isn't one.

The Striker is a semi auto shotgun and it is in this game. Also the AA12 is coming back and that is fully automatic.

They have a range proficiency you can put on your shotgun to give it better range. I'll either use the range proficiency or the damage proficiency on my shotgun class.

Quesadilla Joe 11-04-2011 09:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ioW2R-EcvDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quesadilla Joe 11-05-2011 12:12 PM

JFC. Now that people have had the game for a day or two almost everyone has unlocked and are using Assassin.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YwtAzVyBYKk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Plow 11-05-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8080295)
JFC. Now that people have had the game for a day or two almost everyone has unlocked and are using Assassin.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YwtAzVyBYKk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome.

-King- 11-05-2011 07:49 PM

I haven't seen one commando lunge in all the games I've watched. Lovely.

Quesadilla Joe 11-06-2011 06:45 PM

Here is an MW3 livestream

http://www.livestream.com/thewettbandits?t=960300

Bump 11-06-2011 11:02 PM

25 hours to go baby, I'm going to the midnight release!!

COUNTDOWN TO QUiKSKOPING

24:58:33

Abba-Dabba 11-07-2011 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8079311)
Some Spas gameplay for Sofa

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YHFBI5VSDd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Holy crap. That was like watching a race at Martinsville. Round and round we go like a bunch of swinging dicks hanging out by the toilet bowl. No objective, no tactics, no offense, no defense, just run and spam LMB, spam flash, spam nade, spam flash, rinse repeat. So easy even a 13yr old can be successful at it.

It doesn't take much to wonder why the majority of complaints about BF3 come from the CoD fanboi's. Yes, bubba, you have to play as a team to win in BF. It isn't all about you and a K/D ratio.

Why are CoD maps so linear? Because the average CoD player attention span can't comprehend much more than that.

Bump 11-07-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 8088415)
Holy crap. That was like watching a race at Martinsville. Round and round we go like a bunch of swinging dicks hanging out by the toilet bowl. No objective, no tactics, no offense, no defense, just run and spam LMB, spam flash, spam nade, spam flash, rinse repeat. So easy even a 13yr old can be successful at it.

It doesn't take much to wonder why the majority of complaints about BF3 come from the CoD fanboi's. Yes, bubba, you have to play as a team to win in BF. It isn't all about you and a K/D ratio.

Why are CoD maps so linear? Because the average CoD player attention span can't comprehend much more than that.

or people play it over BF because people like smooth controls and good graphics. Also, what if your friends aren't online? don't even consider popping in BF then, the randoms in BF are far more reeruned than the ones in COD.

-King- 11-07-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 8088415)

That was team death match. It's all about K/D ratio
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants 11-07-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8088447)
or people play it over BF because people like smooth controls and good graphics. Also, what if your friends aren't online? don't even consider popping in BF then, the randoms in BF are far more reeruned than the ones in COD.

LMAO

Sofa King 11-07-2011 09:43 AM

I swear, BF3 players are just like apple users.

Pants 11-07-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8088678)

IW is gone, bruh, and so are any advancements in the COD franchise. If you want more of MW2, I can totally understand because that game was the shit. Some people have simply moved on, though. /shrug

AndChiefs 11-07-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8088709)
IW is gone, bruh, and so are any advancements in the COD franchise. If you want more of MW2, I can totally understand because that game was the shit. Some people have simply moved on, though. /shrug

Pants you're not as bad as the other guys about it..but the apple comment definitely has some merit. They're completely different games within the same genre catering to different types of players.

Some of these comments would have me believe cod is only viable to play if im 12 years old or idiotic. I enjoy both games and they both have their own merits.

Kraus 11-07-2011 11:03 AM

I'll play both. I'll enjoy both. I'm just happy we're getting good competition so each has to raise their game and gamers are the winners. It isn't like the stale Madden franchise, which has no competition and can put out the same thing each year.

Pants 11-07-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8088842)
Pants you're not as bad as the other guys about it..but the apple comment definitely has some merit. They're completely different games within the same genre catering to different types of players.

Some of these comments would have me believe cod is only viable to play if im 12 years old or idiotic. I enjoy both games and they both have their own merits.

I agree that both games have their merits, I'm just saying that while BF is progressing and evolving, MW is just getting rehashed.

The Franchise 11-07-2011 11:27 AM

Honestly.....one of the funniest commercials I've ever seen.

-King- 11-07-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8088905)
I agree that both games have their merits, I'm just saying that while BF is progressing and evolving, MW is just getting rehashed.

How?

Give specific examples.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants 11-07-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8088967)
How?

Give specific examples.
Posted via Mobile Device

They built a brand new engine for BF3. Completely overhauled the roles of the classes and how the squads are organized. The support class is actually used to provide covering and suppressing fire now. The MG is used like it is in real life, it's not just an assault rifle with a big magazine now. They revolutionized MP FPS by adding a successful tactic with the suppression effect (your screen gets all blurry and you can't see if bullets are hitting all around you). BF3 is a brand new title, running on a brand new engine with brand new gameplay elements. They didn't just rearrange some wrinkles and designed new maps ala MW3.

The last time a brand new engine was build for a COD game, was when it went from COD4 to MW2. MW3 looks like a carbon copy of MW2 with new maps. Like I said before, all the creative talent behind COD is gone.

WV 11-07-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8088678)

I love BC2 and BF3 is really good and growing on me more, but I also enjoyed MW2 so I'll probably be getting MW3 for PS3. Blackops never appealed to me so I didn't get it, but I liked MW2. Comparing the two franchises is difficult though.

Sofa King 11-07-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8088709)

That's fine. People can move on if they so choose. But why the stick around just to repeatedly bash the cod users is beyond me. They must just like being dicks.

I played BF. I found it boring. I like the fast pace of cod. I'm not in the BF thread bashing everyone though.

I can't wait to get the game personally.

ToxSocks 11-07-2011 12:05 PM

Still Can't decide what I am going to do. BF3 Vs MW3 Vs **** it, I ain't getting either.

Pants 11-07-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8089024)
That's fine. People can move on if they so choose. But why the stick around just to repeatedly bash the cod users is beyond me. They must just like being dicks.

I played BF. I found it boring. I like the fast pace of cod. I'm not in the BF thread bashing everyone though.

I can't wait to get the game personally.

For sure, to each their own. You do have a misconception about BF, though. I agree that it can be super slow on certain conquest maps (the large ones that involve a lot of vehicles), but it can actually be a lot more fast paced than COD in a lot of instances.

In COD, you spawn and you have to run to the action a lot of times. In BF3, on the other hand, you can spawn on your squad mates right into the thick of action (unless your squad was wiped, of course).

BF3 can also be a lot more hectic when you have to decide whether to go revive your teammate real quick or keep shooting at the Russians and risk being too late with the revival. Do you arm the charge on an MCOMM and hope that your squad can spawn on you in time to keep it from being defused or do you keep trying to kill dudes? It's just so much more dynamic at times with the threat assessment and split second decisions you have to make... either way the adrenaline flows.

You're talking to a guy who played like 17 days worth of MW2 or something like that, BTW.

AndChiefs 11-07-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8088905)

Yeah you weren't the best one for me to quote. Its the others guys saying bf3 is the ipod while simultaneously saying mw3 is the equivalent to the microsoft zune.

Neither is true. They're just different types of games in the same genre. Bf3 definitely took a step forward though. Its a lot better than 2.

Pants 11-07-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8089105)
Yeah you weren't the best one for me to quote. Its the others guys saying bf3 is the ipod while simultaneously saying mw3 is the equivalent to the microsoft zune.

Neither is true. They're just different types of games in the same genre. Bf3 definitely took a step forward though. Its a lot better than 2.

You've played both games extensively and you're objective about all of this so you're a good judge, I think.

Do you think Conquest on Operation Metro is slow by B? I don't think any of the COD games have ever provided that much constant action in any game mode on any map. That shit is reeruned awesome.

AndChiefs 11-07-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8089123)
You've played both games extensively and you're objective about all of this so you're a good judge, I think.

Do you think Conquest on Operation Metro is slow by B? I don't think any of the COD games have ever provided that much constant action in any game mode on any map. That shit is reeruned awesome.

Yeah that area is insane. I do think its a bit slanted to one side though. Seems a lot tougher pushing towards outside than pushing down into the subway.

Some maps are ridiculously slow though. I've had games where I've ended up with 8 kills and led the game. Boring.

Pants 11-07-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8089143)
Yeah that area is insane. I do think its a bit slanted to one side though. Seems a lot tougher pushing towards outside than pushing down into the subway.

Some maps are ridiculously slow though. I've had games where I've ended up with 8 kills and led the game. Boring.

Agreed.

Sofa King 11-07-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8089104)
For sure, to each their own. You do have a misconception about BF, though. I agree that it can be super slow on certain conquest maps (the large ones that involve a lot of vehicles), but it can actually be a lot more fast paced than COD in a lot of instances.

In COD, you spawn and you have to run to the action a lot of times. In BF3, on the other hand, you can spawn on your squad mates right into the thick of action (unless your squad was wiped, of course).

BF3 can also be a lot more hectic when you have to decide whether to go revive your teammate real quick or keep shooting at the Russians and risk being too late with the revival. Do you arm the charge on an MCOMM and hope that your squad can spawn on you in time to keep it from being defused or do you keep trying to kill dudes? It's just so much more dynamic at times with the threat assessment and split second decisions you have to make... either way the adrenaline flows.

You're talking to a guy who played like 17 days worth of MW2 or something like that, BTW.

I don't want a game where you have to compete as a team or else you lose. I want a game where as soon as i enter i can turn into John ****ing Rambo and just completely annihilate the other team by myself. If my teammates don't get a kill and we win the game due to my ass kicking prowess, that would be the perfect game. Oh, and if i never die.

Although, i do love to be able to spawn right on top of a teammate. That part of BF is awesome. Otherwise in some of those maps it takes 12 hours just to get to the fighting area.

Pants 11-07-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8089218)
I don't want a game where you have to compete as a team or else you lose. I want a game where as soon as i enter i can turn into John ****ing Rambo and just completely annihilate the other team by myself. If my teammates don't get a kill and we win the game due to my ass kicking prowess, that would be the perfect game. Oh, and if i never die.

I totally get that, BF3 is not as fun to play without friends as COD is. If you're playing with friends, though, BF3 is vastly superior, IMO.

Sofa King 11-07-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8089244)
I totally get that, BF3 is not as fun to play without friends as COD is. If you're playing with friends, though, BF3 is vastly superior, IMO.

I've never played it with friends. So i have no idea.

I'd love to get into some shit with you and plow when you play. Seems like a good time.

I'm gearing up for some ass kicking with my local friends and then the CP crew. I know the CP is hilarious. Getting my mic charged as we speak.

"Hey slumlord, do you like dragons?"

Kraus 11-07-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8089143)

I chalk that up to the low player count in the console version. They needed to at least up the players from 24 to 36. With 12 per team, on vehicle maps, you might have 2 in an attack helicopter, 2 in jets, 2-4 in tanks leaving only a couple of guys actually running around on foot.