ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2012 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254491)

luv 04-23-2012 09:19 AM

I posted this in the weight loss thread, but I thought some in here would have some good resources to recommend as well. I'm looking for some good articles or other material regarding stress and its affect on the body. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lewdog 04-23-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8560470)
I posted this in the weight loss thread, but I thought some in here would have some good resources to recommend as well. I'm looking for some good articles or other material regarding stress and its affect on the body. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I used to have a ton of articles about it but I can't find them now. :hmmm:

Anyway, look up articles about cortisol, a hormone in found in the body. It is linked to increased fat at storage, blood sugar levels and thyroid dysfunction when it is present too much in the body such as during periods of chronic stress.

chiefs2012 04-23-2012 09:27 AM

vitamin c for cortisol control

luv 04-23-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8560483)
vitamin c for cortisol control

I take vitamin C, so I'm in luck!

luv 04-23-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8560479)
I used to have a ton of articles about it but I can't find them now. :hmmm:

Anyway, look up articles about cortisol, a hormone in found in the body. It is linked to increased fat at storage, blood sugar levels and thyroid dysfunction when it is present too much in the body such as during periods of chronic stress.

It's not chronic stress. My life is relatively stress-free, especially compared to others. However, there are a few things that tend to trigger stress in my life, and I have a couple right now. Just kind of wondering if there's anything I should eat or do to help prevent it from having adverse affects on my body. I'm definitely looking forward to jogging after work today.

NewChief 04-23-2012 09:53 AM

I'm sort of in between on what I'm doing. Got bored with 5x5, so I'm switching over to doing a lot more CrossFit type kettlebell exercises.

Omaha 04-23-2012 09:54 AM

Weights/Running/Racquetball are all great for ridding me of stress. I also find that focusing on being as organized as possible helps me reduce stress when it comes to work.

Omaha 04-23-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8560531)
I'm sort of in between on what I'm doing. Got bored with 5x5, so I'm switching over to doing a lot more CrossFit type kettlebell exercises.

That sounds like fun. I can't really do a lot of weight with deadlift & squats because of my back so I've been creating my own crossfit-style workouts to keep me from getting bored. That has been working well for me.

chiefs2012 04-23-2012 11:17 AM

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...61160540565329

If you're looking for something unconventional

NewChief 04-23-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8560619)
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...61160540565329

If you're looking for something unconventional

One of my old RKC instructors runs a gym like that these days. I'd go, but it's like a 15 minute drive away.

lewdog 04-23-2012 02:32 PM

New pet peeve, friends who post facebook statuses about puking after Crossfit workouts or posting a status about every Crossfit workout they do. Wow, so hardcore....not.

Omaha 04-23-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8561013)
New pet peeve, friends who post facebook statuses about puking after Crossfit workouts or posting a status about every Crossfit workout they do. Wow, so hardcore....not.

Is the occasional workout post OK? I'm guilty of doing that maybe once/month. There's usually some other reason for sharing, ie. I did something stupid & it was funny.

lewdog 04-23-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8561100)
Is the occasional workout post OK? I'm guilty of doing that maybe once/month. There's usually some other reason for sharing, ie. I did something stupid & it was funny.

Occasional is totally fine! I actually enjoy some of the videos they put up from time to time but some people post shit every damn day. Some workout named Sue, then Helen, then Debbie, then Alabama! And the puking thing is just super annoying because people comment on how hardcore they are for doing it. It wanna just say, you must not understand pre-workout nutrition and what you body needs (or doesn't need) before intense exercise.

NewChief 04-23-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8561111)
Occasional is totally fine! I actually enjoy some of the videos they put up from time to time but some people post shit every damn day. Some workout named Sue, then Helen, then Debbie, then Alabama! And the puking thing is just super annoying because people comment on how hardcore they are for doing it. It wanna just say, you must not understand pre-workout nutrition and what you body needs (or doesn't need) before intense exercise.

A friend of mine made this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiuWB...e_gdata_player

Silock 04-23-2012 04:10 PM

Puking is a sign of ignorant training protocols, not a badge of honor.

CHENZ A! 04-23-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8561100)

Occasionally is OK by me, but I'm with lewdog.. Some people are overkill when it comes to it. Some are just excited because they just started working out, and I understand that, but i swear some people just drive by a 24 hr fitness and "check in" there.

About the only time I'll ever even mention working out, or playing any of my sports is if it's something new or different from the norm.

NewChief 04-23-2012 06:43 PM

Embedding now:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qiuWB4rBfoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL @1:45 "Dude... somebody wrote snatch up there."

Silock 04-24-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 8561453)
Occasionally is OK by me, but I'm with lewdog.. Some people are overkill when it comes to it. Some are just excited because they just started working out, and I understand that, but i swear some people just drive by a 24 hr fitness and "check in" there.

About the only time I'll ever even mention working out, or playing any of my sports is if it's something new or different from the norm.

I'm mayor of my 24 Hour Fitness LMAO

ChiefsOne 04-24-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8560531)

Why can't you do a strength portion and then a CF workout?

MoreLemonPledge 04-24-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8561471)
Embedding now:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qiuWB4rBfoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL @1:45 "Dude... somebody wrote snatch up there."

:LOL:

NewChief 04-24-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 8562463)
Why can't you do a strength portion and then a CF workout?

Time, more than anything. I only have 30-45 minutes tops.

el borracho 04-24-2012 10:47 PM

Does anybody supplement with flax seed oil or any of the fatty acids? I've read about them for ages but never tried. Now I'm curious if anybody has tried them and what your experience was.

Silock 04-24-2012 11:04 PM

Not worth the money. Just eat fish and beef.

Omaha 04-25-2012 09:14 AM

I did kettlebell/TRX/Ropes workout with a trainer over lunch yesterday & then a fairly hilly 22 mile group ride last night. Surprisingly, I couldn't fall asleep after that. I stared at the ceiling all night. I'm a mess today.

Simply Red 04-25-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8564708)
I did kettlebell/TRX/Ropes workout with a trainer over lunch yesterday & then a fairly hilly 22 mile group ride last night. Surprisingly, I couldn't fall asleep after that. I stared at the ceiling all night. I'm a mess today.

I'd recommend getting drunk at lunch.

Brock 04-25-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 8564334)
Does anybody supplement with flax seed oil or any of the fatty acids? I've read about them for ages but never tried. Now I'm curious if anybody has tried them and what your experience was.

If your cholesterol is high, you should be taking it.

Stanley Nickels 04-26-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8564708)

I have to work out at least four hours before my workout, because my increased body temp keeps my heart pounding and sweating, and it's like a post-workout workout. If I work out 4-5 hours prior to sleep, I'll sleep much better than if I hadn't worked out at all; however, if I work out anytime less than 4 hours before sleep it's the worst trying to get a good night's rest.

chiefs2012 04-26-2012 01:28 PM

just eating sonic gearing up for that lift tonight!

Stanley Nickels 04-26-2012 01:30 PM

Okay, I come to you guys having searched through Reddit/r/fitness, bodybuilding.com, and crossfit.com.

I'd like a routine that helps me integrate traditional weightlifting, crossfit, tabata, and kettle bells. This likely sounds reeruned, because the results can come from dedicating yourself to any one of those methods... but hear me out.

I really like getting a good, full workout in. I'm just not the type of guy that can workout for half an hour, go home, and call it a day. I don't know why. When I work out, I like to be absolutely exhausted. I've recently been working out three days a week, with traditional strength training on day 1, a run (~6 mi.) on day 2, and on day 3 I do a combination of kettle bell exercises and three or four Tabata exercises.

I like the setup I have right now, but feel like I'm a) not maximizing my potential, and b) have no real structure to this. On day 3, I might do box jumps (frontwards and side-to-side) for tabata along with wall sits and do three or four kettle bell routines, but I don't know if they're the only ones, if I could be doing them better, etc.

What do you more fitness-knowledgeable guys think? I'd be forever in your gratitude. Basically, I'd like a workout that lasts ~1-2 hours, three times a week.

Stanley Nickels 04-26-2012 01:32 PM

By the way, I have no idea what crossfit really entails, but I'm very intrigued by the idea of lifting for overall fitness instead of muscular shape. I've never been too concerned with being the most impressive physical specimen (but have no problem with people who do), and instead would like to do anything to help my overall VO2 or cardio or muscular endurance. I just need some suggestions on a workout structure that I can stick to that will produce all-around results.

Stanley Nickels 04-26-2012 04:26 PM

bamp

Silock 04-26-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8568475)
I'd like a routine that helps me integrate traditional weightlifting, crossfit, tabata, and kettle bells. This likely sounds reeruned, because the results can come from dedicating yourself to any one of those methods... but hear me out.

No, it sounds reeruned because it IS reeruned. You can't build a routine with that. You have to pick one, MAYBE two. Otherwise, they are at cross-purposes. You can't set a goal that you can build toward with such a wide array of exercise styles. The general goal of "being in shape" isn't good enough. You need specifics and measurables.

Quote:

Basically, I'd like a workout that lasts ~1-2 hours, three times a week.
Why??

45 minutes of lifting is PLENTY. Hit the compounds, and forget the rest. Do cardio on the off days. If it's a matter of boredom, that's one thing. But "maximizing your potential" -- what do you even mean by that?

Just because you aren't doing some crazy ass workout doesn't mean what you are doing is ineffective. Just because you lift heavy for a few sets doesn't mean you're somehow sacrificing overall fitness for muscular shape. A strong body IS a fit body. You want to help your muscular endurance, strength and VO2max all at the same time? Good luck. You're going to have to sacrifice something. I lift like a powerlifter, but am not huge nor am I really all that strong. Why? Because I do soccer 6 days a week. Can't have it both ways.

15-18 working sets per workout should be more than enough. The compound exercises -- bench, standing overhead press, deadlifts, and squats -- will do everything for you that a kettlebell routine will as far as training your kinetic chain. And they give you the added benefit of linear progression and measurable, attainable goal-setting.

Do your cardio afterward or on off-days. Intervals twice a week, and a long run on the other one.

lewdog 04-26-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8569490)
No, it sounds reeruned because it IS reeruned. You can't build a routine with that. You have to pick one, MAYBE two. Otherwise, they are at cross-purposes. You can't set a goal that you can build toward with such a wide array of exercise styles. The general goal of "being in shape" isn't good enough. You need specifics and measurables.

Why??

45 minutes of lifting is PLENTY. Hit the compounds, and forget the rest. Do cardio on the off days. If it's a matter of boredom, that's one thing. But "maximizing your potential" -- what do you even mean by that?

Just because you aren't doing some crazy ass workout doesn't mean what you are doing is ineffective. Just because you lift heavy for a few sets doesn't mean you're somehow sacrificing overall fitness for muscular shape. A strong body IS a fit body. You want to help your muscular endurance, strength and VO2max all at the same time? Good luck. You're going to have to sacrifice something. I lift like a powerlifter, but am not huge nor am I really all that strong. Why? Because I do soccer 6 days a week. Can't have it both ways.

15-18 working sets per workout should be more than enough. The compound exercises -- bench, standing overhead press, deadlifts, and squats -- will do everything for you that a kettlebell routine will as far as training your kinetic chain. And they give you the added benefit of linear progression and measurable, attainable goal-setting.

Do your cardio afterward or on off-days. Intervals twice a week, and a long run on the other one.

But shouldn't I be puking because I am working out so hard?! LMAO

As always, great post Silock. I don't think I have ever disagreed with what you have posted. Great stuff.

chiefs2012 04-26-2012 08:44 PM

Got a nasty one in tonight. I still got trouble with my squats. I think i've actually regressed some in that department, but I got a form tip tonight. I'm dropping the weight and working back up with better form (keeping the knees behind the toes). I felt some joint pain while hitting some reps on bench, so I'm going to start taking the fish oils again. I kind of got lazy with those.

Silock 04-26-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8570651)
But shouldn't I be puking because I am working out so hard?! LMAO

As always, great post Silock. I don't think I have ever disagreed with what you have posted. Great stuff.

Thanks, man.

Sorry to Stanley that that came off a little harsh. I didn't mean for it to sound so combative. My apologies.

lewdog 04-26-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8571227)
Got a nasty one in tonight. I still got trouble with my squats. I think i've actually regressed some in that department, but I got a form tip tonight. I'm dropping the weight and working back up with better form (keeping the knees behind the toes). I felt some joint pain while hitting some reps on bench, so I'm going to start taking the fish oils again. I kind of got lazy with those.

Keeping knees behind toes is a myth. If you track right with your hips and are going below parallel, your knees go over your toes and it is not a problem. Those trying to keep knees behind toes generally are sacrificing depth to a pretty great degree.

Silock 04-26-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8571227)

Have you tried box squats?

Silock 04-26-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8571320)
Keeping knees behind toes is a myth. If you track right with your hips and are going below parallel, your knees go over your toes and it is not a problem. Those trying to keep knees behind toes generally are sacrificing depth to a pretty great degree.

Yeah, my knees go over my toes quite a bit.

Omaha 04-26-2012 09:04 PM

I did a boot camp style workout at my gym over lunch then I ran three miles & mowed my lawn after work. (I mention my lawn because I have a big hill in my back yard and it was rough) I had a pretty intense week.

ImuMamalukabubuday 04-26-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8568475)
Okay, I come to you guys having searched through Reddit/r/fitness, bodybuilding.com, and crossfit.com.

I really like getting a good, full workout in. I'm just not the type of guy that can workout for half an hour, go home, and call it a day. I don't know why. When I work out, I like to be absolutely exhausted. I've recently been working out three days a week, with traditional strength training on day 1, a run (~6 mi.) on day 2, and on day 3 I do a combination of kettle bell exercises and three or four Tabata exercises.

I like the setup I have right now, but feel like I'm a) not maximizing my potential, and b) have no real structure to this. On day 3, I might do box jumps (frontwards and side-to-side) for tabata along with wall sits and do three or four kettle bell routines, but I don't know if they're the only ones, if I could be doing them better, etc.

What do you more fitness-knowledgeable guys think? I'd be forever in your gratitude. Basically, I'd like a workout that lasts ~1-2 hours, three times a week.

You should probably try just checking out an actual CrossFit box. What you are describing is pretty much CrossFit. It entails all of that: heavy strength work, tabata work, kettle bells, box jumps, running, etc... If you aren't satisfied with a 1 hour CrossFit workout, then do a run in the mornings in addition. CrossFit is everything you mentioned, just mixed up so it's constantly varied every day.

Omaha 04-26-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImuMamalukabubuday (Post 8571426)
You should probably try just checking out an actual CrossFit box. What you are describing is pretty much CrossFit. It entails all of that: heavy strength work, tabata work, kettle bells, box jumps, running, etc... If you aren't satisfied with a 1 hour CrossFit workout, then do a run in the mornings in addition. CrossFit is everything you mentioned, just mixed up so it's constantly varied every day.

This is what I was going to suggest for the very reason you noted. If you're not exhausted after a crossfit workout, you've likely done it wrong. Crossfitters are also encouraged to participate in a variety of sports between WODs.

chiefs2012 04-26-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8571320)

I don't go below parallel. Yeah, i've heard it's more beneficial but i've tried it before and was waking up in the middle of the night because my knees hurt so bad. I do go parallel or pretty close however.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8571378)
Have you tried box squats?

negative

Omaha 04-30-2012 09:29 PM

I had a pretty good chest/tricep day today. Kettlebell/TRX/Ropes tomorrow followed by a 22 mile bike ride tomorrow night. Tuesdays are good days!

Simply Red 04-30-2012 09:47 PM

I'm watching Colors and it's playing the theme Ice Tea song, 'Colors' - so i'm doing push ups and shadow boxing! Hell yes!

Omaha 04-30-2012 10:30 PM

I've also been eating like crap lately. I really need to clean that up.

Simply Red 04-30-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8584445)
I've also been eating like crap lately. I really need to clean that up.

Good to hear bud, get it together. I still have a pretty good body, but w/ very little work, it could be phenomenal.

I'm naked right now!!!

Omaha 04-30-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8584458)
Good to hear bud, get it together. I still have a pretty good body, but w/ very little work, it could be phenomenal.

I'm naked right now!!!

Good to know.

Simply Red 04-30-2012 10:39 PM

no seriously - I've been dating this girl and stopped running and stopped the ab routine. I've GOT to get it back together, honestly; I'm ready for a little strange. Srsly

Simply Red 04-30-2012 10:43 PM

I've been abusing sugars, ridiculously.

Simply Red 04-30-2012 10:45 PM

I feel like this is my first step - so embrace me fellows, welcome me in as the abuser i am.

Omaha 04-30-2012 10:48 PM

Red, although I fully support your quest for fitness and strange, you are creeping me out a little bit.

Simply Red 04-30-2012 10:49 PM

just ready to get with the program, sorry for the message, we just haven't bs'd in a while. No Creepy.

penguinz 05-01-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8571382)
Yeah, my knees go over my toes quite a bit.

They should. The whole myth of keeping knees behind the toes actually puts more strain on your knees. Going below parallel puts all the extra strain to your hips which is where your body is designed to carry the heavy load.

penguinz 05-01-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8571486)
I don't go below parallel. Yeah, i've heard it's more beneficial but i've tried it before and was waking up in the middle of the night because my knees hurt so bad.

Go lighter and work on your form. If a squat is done properly you will not have pain in your knees.

Omaha 05-02-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8584720)
Go lighter and work on your form. If a squat is done properly you will not have pain in your knees.

I've been doing body weight and single leg TRX stuff to try to improve my form.

CHENZ A! 05-02-2012 10:22 PM

I ran all 40 min of my basketball team's victory last night. My body is exhausted.. So tonight I grilled a pork chop, cooked some zuchini squash, and had a couple of beers while watching NBA playoffs. Tomorrow, back at it. :)

lewdog 05-02-2012 10:24 PM

LOL. I posted this in the 2011 General Fitness thread today. Oops.

First 3 plate squat since my hip injury in December. Funny but my squats always feel slower than they look. No pain in the hip today.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4luOeCJXj0w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4luOeCJXj0w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Oh Noez, I am squatting deep and my knees are over my toes, what ever should I do!?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...og_5/Depth.jpg

chiefs2012 05-09-2012 08:45 PM

belt? pussy. :D

assuming it has something to do with your hips?

i use the "pussy pad" so i'll stfu

what i said was i'm trying to keep my knees behind my toes...what i'm really trying to do is have my hips and knees break in one movement so the distance the knees are over the toes aren't AS MUCH

lewdog 05-09-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8605849)
belt? pussy. :D

assuming it has something to do with your hips?

i use the "pussy pad" so i'll stfu

what i said was i'm trying to keep my knees behind my toes...what i'm really trying to do is have my hips and knees break in one movement so the distance the knees are over the toes aren't AS MUCH

ROFL You ****ing asshole! Generally anyone who squats somewhat heavy will use a belt. Of course there are exceptions but belts provide good stability for me and since my lower back is closely tied in with my shitty hips, I use it for stability and safety from rounding my lower back since I squat deep.

I don't know how anyone uses the pussy pad. It is too bulky and doesn't allow you to flex your traps and get a good feel for where the bar is.

Well knees behind toes is relative to the depth of your squat. The deeper you squat, the more your knees have to extend over your toes to keep your center of gravity and to allow for proper tracking of the hips without having the lower back round in the hole.

Keep working at it. It really takes practice to nail down good squat form.

chiefs2012 05-09-2012 09:07 PM

i've just always used the pad...i'll squat without it next time

lewdog 05-09-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8605955)
i've just always used the pad...i'll squat without it next time

Yea I am not trying to be a dick but you honestly can get the bar in a better position without it. It will feel like it is bruising you the first few times but after that you won't notice it. Let me know how it goes. I like anyone who knows how to squat, bench and dead, no matter what weights you are working with. Glad to see you doing the main lifts, man.

chiefs2012 05-11-2012 02:21 PM

squatted without the pad today, felt pretty good although i had a red barbell line mark across my shoulders/traps when i was finished.

DBOSHO 05-11-2012 02:24 PM

I think ive plateaud in the chest. None of my lifts are increasing. Help?

Marcellus 05-11-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8609258)

Oldie but a goodie, worked for me every single time I did it. Its an old Muscle Media routine.

http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/benchpgm.htm

chiefs2012 05-11-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8609258)

eat more

Silock 05-11-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs2012 (Post 8609320)
eat more

Cant always eat your way to muscles. Otherwise no one would ever need roids.

chiefs2012 05-11-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8609427)
Cant always eat your way to muscles. Otherwise no one would ever need roids.

my advice would be eat more, if he doesn't gain change his routine. (good ones in OP)

chiefs2012 05-13-2012 11:56 AM

bump

lewdog 05-25-2012 10:53 AM

Anyone have any suggestions on where/what belt to get? I have used a 4" valeo, thin profile belt that provides support without cutting off all movement. However, the velcro on this belt last just a bit over a year. It no longer stays closed once I get up to near max weights.

I wouldn't mind a thin leather belt but those are hard to find. All I see are the huge, thick powerlifting belts.

Aspengc8 05-25-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8637770)
Anyone have any suggestions on where/what belt to get? I have used a 4" valeo, thin profile belt that provides support without cutting off all movement. However, the velcro on this belt last just a bit over a year. It no longer stays closed once I get up to near max weights.

I wouldn't mind a thin leather belt but those are hard to find. All I see are the huge, thick powerlifting belts.

Check out http://www.prowriststraps.com/weight...t_workout_belt or elitefts.com

I used that same valeo and honestly would stay away from velcro. Yeah, it feels more comfortable than the notched belts, but if it busts open mid lift your screwed.

lewdog 05-25-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8638065)
Check out http://www.prowriststraps.com/weight...t_workout_belt or elitefts.com

I used that same valeo and honestly would stay away from velcro. Yeah, it feels more comfortable than the notched belts, but if it busts open mid lift your screwed.

Dude that is the perfect link. I see some 4" wide leather belts that would work perfect. Low profile but enough support for squats and deads but not sacrificing depth on squats.

Thanks man.

CHENZ A! 05-25-2012 03:36 PM

Was feeling tightness in my neck and back all day yesterday. Felt like I just slept on it wrong or something. Middle of my first set last night, I get shooting pain in my neck and back of my head, followed by a horrible headache. Gonna shut it down at least until after the holiday. My body could really use a rest, and since i have no games or anything this weekend, I guess I'll take advantage. Anyone ever have something similar?

Silock 06-09-2012 11:38 PM

Did the mile relay race today.

My 1.1 mile time was 5:30. Not bad. Not the fastest, though, which was around 5:18 or so.

keg in kc 06-10-2012 01:14 AM

Doing pretty well on my bike. Had a wreck about a month ago that resulted in missing a week and a half while the front wheel was replaced, but I think the break was actually good, and the end result is that last week's rides were my three best to date. Monday was my longest ride of the year, albeit a bit slower than usual since I was exploring a new trail, 27.8 miles in 1:56:10 (14.3 mph). Wednesday was by far my fastest ride to date, 14.9 miles in 56:34 (15.8 - prior best 15.4). And Friday I split the difference, going 25.7 miles in 1:39:49 (15.4).

Come a long way from last year. I'm consistently covering a lot more trial in a lot less time, and my legs have become much stronger.

keg in kc 06-10-2012 08:09 AM

Get to add one more to that. Just rode 30.88 miles in 2:02. Including adding some hills in to make the ride more difficult.

Omaha 06-10-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8670411)
Did the mile relay race today.

My 1.1 mile time was 5:30. Not bad. Not the fastest, though, which was around 5:18 or so.

That's moving! Very nice!

I just did Warrior Dash with my wife on Sat. We stayed together the whole time which meant one of us had to wait on the other after every obstacle. Our unofficial time was right about 30 minutes. (Actual results have not yet been posted on the site) I'm happy with that considering we ran as a team.

Ceej 06-11-2012 12:31 PM

So, my uncle (who has been a father-like figure to me) recently had triple bypass surgery. Since then he's been giving me healthy tidbits about what to avoid and what to eat.

My only question, and I know every person is different. But, generally what should your sugar in-take be per day?

I've been keeping a food log since the 8th of June and routinely exercising.

Is there a general number out there?

Omaha 06-11-2012 12:51 PM

none. /buck

NewChief 06-12-2012 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought this was worth sharing.

Ultra Peanut 06-12-2012 08:00 PM

hello thread. MY CALVES AM GRANITE and CARDIOWNS imhop (note that i am the daintiest of ladies ergo stuff)

Also, I weigh anywhere between 148 and 155? Dumb scale. Good enough, I guess.