ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Redskin trade for the number 2 pick Goodbye RGIII (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257094)

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 08:34 AM

I could see Buffalo trading up to #1 to take a QB this year. Their GM has already said they will be drafting a franchise QB.

Chief Roundup 11-25-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148056)
I could see Buffalo trading up to #1 to take a QB this year. Their GM has already said they will be drafting a franchise QB.

Doubt that we make a trade with Buffalo.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9148100)
Doubt that we make a trade with Buffalo.

Probably not but, we should if they would do it.

Molitoth 11-25-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8435439)
Two number 1's and additional picks.... insane Redskins, insane.

num num num crow.

id do the trade in a heartbeat now.

Rausch 11-25-2012 10:13 AM

I'm sure I probably said something stupid in this thread but I'm not spending 3 hours to go back and find out exactly what...

DeezNutz 11-25-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8435656)
2 first-rounders, essentially. Unless the Redskins are mistaken, they'll get to make a selection in the first this year.

Franchise identifies a potential franchise QB and won't be denied drafting him. Wow. Wonder what that feels like?

Yep. Accurate then and accurate now.

Franchise QBs are NFL gold, and there is damn near no price too high to acquire one. Ultimately, this deal was a great value for the Redskins, and the Rams were dumb as **** to trade out of the spot, thus losing the WR they coveted.

Rams Fan 11-25-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9148224)
Yep. Accurate then and accurate now.

Franchise QBs are NFL gold, and there is damn near no price too high to acquire one. Ultimately, this deal was a great value for the Redskins, and the Rams were dumb as **** to trade out of the spot, thus losing the WR they coveted.

?

The WR that the GM was really high on-Quick- they selected in the 2nd round.

DeezNutz 11-25-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9148306)
?

Blackmon. Complete failure not to get him.

Rausch 11-25-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9148306)
?

GET THE **** OUT RAMS FAN!

The Bad Guy 11-25-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148109)
Probably not but, we should if they would do it.

Literally, every post you make, anyone with a brain in their head thinks the exact opposite.

DaneMcCloud 11-25-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148056)

You need a punch to your ovaries

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 01:19 PM

If anyone moves to #1, it will be Buffalo. Their GM already said they are taking a franchise QB and their owner is old as hell.

**** you both.

Rams Fan 11-25-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9149520)
If anyone moves to #1, it will be Buffalo. Their GM already said they are taking a franchise QB and their owner is old as hell.

**** you both.

Their GM said they are going to get a franchise QB before he leaves. JFC

Rams Fan 11-25-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

"Listen, we have said from day one, that we want to draft a good young quarterback" Nix said. "I don't want to leave here without a franchise guy for the future in place. I have not said that before but I'm saying it now because its fact."
http://wgr550.com/pages/14687123.php...entId=11756608

There's a big ****ing difference.

The Bad Guy 11-25-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

**** you both.

Why are we moving out of #1? So we can take an inferior player, again?

I'd rather have my 3-year old son pick an opinion out of a hat than rely on anything you have to say.

DaneMcCloud 11-25-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

**** you both.

How does it feel to be wrong about EVERYTHING?

Chris Meck 11-25-2012 02:27 PM

there's no way we trade out of #1. No way. Too many teams have realized the need for a QB, and we're not going to give up the chance to have first choice.

FloridaMan88 11-25-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8435493)
RGIII will be a bust. SAve my post. Write it down.

That Skins team is completely void of talent. And now, they have no 1st rounders to help him with.

And this isn't an Aaron Rodgers situation where he's gonna sit on the bench for 3 years or some shit. You give up that many draft picks for a guy, he better be the second coming. And RGIII isn't.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Kill yourself you EPIC DUMBSHIT OF FAIL.

jd1020 11-25-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9150265)
there's no way we trade out of #1. No way. Too many teams have realized the need for a QB, and we're not going to give up the chance to have first choice.

Probably more likely that no teams want to trade up to #1, given that there really isn't that 1 player that's head and shoulders above everyone else.

FloridaMan88 11-25-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8444237)
The Raiders aren't any worse off than the Chiefs?

Are the Chiefs cleaning house or do they have a ton of cap space to go with a very talented young roster? Oh yeah, it's the latter.

See, that wasn't very hard.

No one knows what Manning thinks. JFC.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

DUMBSHIT! DUMBSHIT! DUMBSHIT!

FloridaMan88 11-25-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8446970)
I have to agree, to an extent, with The Guardian.

For the Redskins, given their lack of talent and their inability at this point to bring in free agents that can help to alleviate the growing process for RGIII, this might well turn out poorly.

Rookie QB's confidence can be damaged if they have no support, and some never recover.

Jim Plunket was one of the best college QBs I ever saw, and his upside was equal to that of Luck's, but he busted hard, because he went to a terrible team, and it took him 10 years to recover.

What a shock that MilkJizz agrees with the dumbshit logic about not trading up for RGIII.

RGIII... 67.5% completion percentage, 16 TDs, 4 INTS, 106.4 QB rating.

Yeah, good thing the Chiefs didn't trade up for him.

LMAO

Ultra Peanut 11-25-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8436667)
Poor RGIII.

NEVERMIND

HOLY SHIT

(I actually kind of like the Redskins now, what the **** universe am I in?)

FloridaMan88 11-25-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8435633)
These kinds of decisions destroy franchises.

Like I said, you don't "give up everything" for something unknown like that.

Just dumb of epic proportions. I mean dumb isn't even a strong enough word.

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL.

Kill yourself DUMBSHIT.

jd1020 11-25-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9151236)
What a shock that MilkJizz agrees with the dumbshit logic about not trading up for RGIII.

RGIII... 67.5% completion percentage, 16 TDs, 4 INTS, 106.4 QB rating.

Yeah, good thing the Chiefs didn't trade up for him.

LMAO

People still holding on to this scenario of the Chiefs trading with the Rams from 11.

FloridaMan88 11-25-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9151280)
People still holding on to this scenario of the Chiefs trading with the Rams from 11.

If I were you, I'd run away from this thread as far as you can.

You were one of the dumbshits who were confident this trade would be a disaster for the Redskins.

How does that look now? You epic piece of SHIT.

jd1020 11-25-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9151295)
If I were you, I'd run away from this thread as far as you can.

You were one of the dumbshits who were confident this trade would be a disaster for the Redskins.

How does that look now? You epic piece of SHIT.

Have a quote?

FloridaMan88 11-25-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8444176)
You talk like RG3 is a franchise QB. Last I checked he hasn't thrown a pass in the NFL. And the Chiefs would have had to have given up way more than the Redskins did.

LMAO

Dumbshit!

jd1020 11-25-2012 04:38 PM

What's dumb about that post?

Pretty sure it was 100% accurate.

RG3 hasn't even written his legacy yet. He's having a good year. Cam Newton broke rookie records at one point.

RG3 was NEVER an option for the Chiefs. The Rams were not looking to forfeit a chance at who they wanted.

Buck 12-16-2012 12:49 AM

Kirk Cousins getting the start this week vs the Browns.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...ngton-redskins

Hammock Parties 01-23-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8435493)
RGIII will be a bust. SAve my post. Write it down.

The reerunian with another gem.

Hammock Parties 01-23-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8435633)
These kinds of decisions destroy franchises.

Like I said, you don't "give up everything" for something unknown like that.

Just dumb of epic proportions. I mean dumb isn't even a strong enough word.

:LOL:

Hole is deep.

Hammock Parties 01-23-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 8435636)
Shanahan is going to make beautiful music with RGIII.

BOOM. #WINNING

Hammock Parties 01-23-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8436582)
Snyder is a moron.

This is worse than the NO trading away an entire draft for Ricky Williams.

Stan Kronke, Fisher and Co. just put clown shoes on Shanahan and Daniel Snyder. LOL Meanwhile, STL is now in a great position to build around Bradford.

Yeah...how is this working out?

BigMeatballDave 01-23-2013 04:57 PM

LMAO @ Thereerunian

TheGuardian 01-23-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9345367)
LMAO @ Thereerunian

I believe I owned up to this one.

Funny enough however, RGIII's strengths became his ultimate demise as the season went on.

If he doesn't learn how to win from the pocket, he'll just be Mike Vick part 2. And I hope that doesn't happen, because I genuinely like the kid.

Sorter 01-23-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9345410)
I believe I owned up to this one.

Funny enough however, RGIII's strengths became his ultimate demise as the season went on.

If he doesn't learn how to win from the pocket, he'll just be Mike Vick part 2. And I hope that doesn't happen, because I genuinely like the kid.

Personally, I think that without a doubt RG3 can win from the pocket.

I just hope that the Rat focuses their offense to utilize his skills as a passer.

TheGuardian 01-23-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9345427)
Personally, I think that without a doubt RG3 can win from the pocket.

I just hope that the Rat focuses their offense to utilize his skills as a passer.

He's smart so I think he could make the transition, however that remains to be seen. McNabb did it later on, and so did Randall Cunningham but it's rare.

Russell Wilson had a better rookie season though. And it didn't take an assload of picks.

Sorter 01-23-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9345457)
He's smart so I think he could make the transition, however that remains to be seen. McNabb did it later on, and so did Randall Cunningham but it's rare.

Russell Wilson had a better rookie season though. And it didn't take an assload of picks.

True. I do think that Russell was gifted a better situation.

Make no mistakes though, I'd personally rather have Wilson than RG3.

Rams Fan 01-23-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9345364)

Working out alright for the Rams.

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 06:09 AM

I think RG3 is more than capable of winning from the pocket. I thought he looked pretty good when he sat back and threw the ball. It was just a situation where great things were happening when he did run and the game plan was designed for him to move around. I think he will blow away what Vick ever did in the pocket. I don't look at RG3 as just an athlete in the pocket like I did with Vick.

CoMoChief 01-24-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9345364)

So far RGIII playing well...

But let's see if he can stay healthy.

If he can't then well, the decision doesn't pan out.

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9346597)
So far RGIII playing well...

But let's see if he can stay healthy.

If he can't then well, the decision doesn't pan out.

I think it was already proven to be worth it. You need a QB to win today. They found one. There is a health scare but I think that can be cleared up with smarter play. They found a guy with the talent. The risk reward even right now with him being injured was worth what they gave up in my mind.

TheGuardian 01-24-2013 06:53 AM

Not really.

If RGIII continues to run and is constantly hurt, then actually what I wrote about him will turn out to be completely true. That he wasn't worth it.

I'm sorry but you can't say that "he was worth it" because of a rookie season. that rookie season did NOT end well. And as I noted, he got outplayed by another rookie QB that was taken in the 3rd round.

This is always one of those time will tell things. He played better than I expected he would, however it's not clear at this point whether or not giving up all of those picks was worth it or not.

HotCarl 01-24-2013 07:02 AM

This man is far from a proven commodity in the NFL. Cam Newton, not that the two are very comparable, but they are comparable in the sense that Newton had a rookie season where he looked pretty good too, and nobody thinks much of him now. Griffin has character Newton doesn't have, but the point remains. The league will get another run at him next year, and in a lot of ways it gets harder your second year.

He's only 22 or 23 and now is coming off his second major knee injury. It definitely remains to be seen whether he will be able to stick in the league. His measure of success his rookie season doesn't change the fact that Washington took the high risk of taking a QB high and they added multipliers to it by trading the farm for it.

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9345457)

Come on. RG3 lived up to the hype.

Russel Wilson far surpassed his.

The draft is a crap shoot.

I'd still choose Luck over both of them, simply due to the injury risk.

Knowing what I know about RG3, I'd make that trade over and over.

He gives your team a very good chance of winning.

Saul Good 01-24-2013 07:22 AM

How much of his success in the pocket comes from defenses having to account for him leaving the pocket? He gets to play 11 on 10 right now. If he stops running, that will change.

CoMoChief 01-24-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9346634)
How much of his success in the pocket comes from defenses having to account for him leaving the pocket? He gets to play 11 on 10 right now. If he stops running, that will change.

I think he'll be a lot like McNabb.

He'll use his feet to make plays early in his career as he adjusts to the NFL game and while his pocket awareness gets better....then in 3-4 years (if his knee holds up) he'll mature into more of a pocket passer and will use his legs when he has to scramble out of the pocket.

TheGuardian 01-24-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9346618)
This man is far from a proven commodity in the NFL. Cam Newton, not that the two are very comparable, but they are comparable in the sense that Newton had a rookie season where he looked pretty good too, and nobody thinks much of him now. Griffin has character Newton doesn't have, but the point remains. The league will get another run at him next year, and in a lot of ways it gets harder your second year.

He's only 22 or 23 and now is coming off his second major knee injury. It definitely remains to be seen whether he will be able to stick in the league. His measure of success his rookie season doesn't change the fact that Washington took the high risk of taking a QB high and they added multipliers to it by trading the farm for it.

Yup. People are using his rookie season to go "OMG look how smart I am and how dumb you are" but I said all along, a rookie season doesn't mean a lot unless you're a running back (which tends to translate easier from year to year in terms of predictable success). Griffin lived up to his rookie hype, but if he ends up hurt all the time and becomes Mike Vick II, then no, he wasn't worth the picks.

MahiMike 01-24-2013 04:30 PM

RG3 won't last 5 years in this league. St. Louis got the best of that deal. 4 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts. That NFC West is gonna be stacked.

TheGuardian 01-24-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9348309)
RG3 won't last 5 years in this league. St. Louis got the best of that deal. 4 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts. That NFC West is gonna be stacked.

Well if he doesn't boy some people on here are going to eat some f'n crow about calling me the reatardian for saying he wasn't worth all those picks.

HotCarl 01-24-2013 05:46 PM

Yeah, you want to talk about risky, they got someone who had a nice year this year, but they gave up the equivalent of 3-4 first round picks for him. If you DON'T get a hall of fame player for that kind of capital, you lost.

-King- 01-24-2013 05:51 PM

I wanted RGIII and I still like him, but like MahiMike said, he's not going to last 5 years in the league. His frame is too small and he gets hit way too much, both out the pocket and in the pocket. He had those "Take 30 seconds to get up" hits almost every single game.

Sorter 01-24-2013 05:57 PM

Robert, do you even lift?

HotCarl 01-24-2013 05:58 PM

Not only that, but this is his second serious knee injury, and the second was more severe than the first. I hope he recovers like nothing happened, but there are only so many times you can glue a knee back together.