ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2012 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259022)

KC_Connection 05-13-2012 04:58 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--me...xZ0_WCN1w5nYcB

Quote:

LOS ANGELES – Metta World Peace returned from his exile to save the Los Angeles Lakers' season. He helped fight off the Denver Nuggets in a thrilling Game 7 victory, and as he walked off the Staples Center late Saturday, the crowd roared its approval, granting its conquering hero a standing ovation.

For better or worse, these are the moments World Peace – and before him, Ron Artest – loves to embrace. The greater the drama, the greater his hunger. The Lakers needed World Peace to rescue them from their own indifference, and he did, delivering the type of spirited, baseline-to-baseline performance that was missing in L.A.'s losses in Games 5 and 6.

And for those expecting World Peace to show some remorse for either the elbow he jammed into the side of James Harden's head or the costly seven-game suspension resulting from it … well, you'll have to keep waiting. After finally dismissing the Nuggets with a series-clinching 96-87 victory, the Lakers are headed to Oklahoma City to take on Harden's Thunder, and they're bringing World Peace with them. Game 1 of the second-round series is Tuesday. World Peace knows what awaits him.

Bring it on, he said.

"It’s not my concern. It's their concern," World Peace said of the Thunder fans. "We live in America – freedom of speech. You have freedom to do anything that you want to do."

World Peace can be both wonderfully and dangerously oblivious, and on this night he was dressed only in a button-down shirt, his underwear and a pair of flip-flops as he spoke. No, he hasn't personally apologized to Harden for flooring him with that vicious elbow on April 22. Nor does he plan to do so. Even a simple handshake seems out of the question.

"I don’t shake substitutions' hands,” World Peace said in a reference to Harden's Sixth Man of the Year status. “He doesn’t start."

Ultra Peanut 05-13-2012 06:30 AM

oh god I stayed up all night and got a little bit drunk and a lot high, I am so not ready for thissssss

Chiefs Pantalones 05-13-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8612099)

What a douche bag.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-13-2012 07:54 AM

"Peace" is a piece of shit.

Al Bundy 05-13-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8612074)
Nope, just a fan of Artest and the Lakers. He more than served his time for the Harden incident and now he's back and doing what he does best for them. I know you don't like him, but that's no reason to lash out at me.

Given his history, he got off lucky.

okcchief 05-13-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8612076)
Isn't Kendrick Perkins, aka the biggest douche in the NBA, on the Thunder? LMAO

Perkins plays physical and with attitude. I've never seen him do anything to try to end a guys career and I've never seen him go in the crowd after fans. If he did what Artest did I bet you he would apologize. There is no competition for biggest douche in the NBA.

I don't shake substitutions hands-Ron Artest.

There is a difference between. being physical and a complete piece of shit. Also, I've meet Perkins a few times and he's nice as can be, all smiles and always with his kids. Ron Artest has crazy ass eyes and is only concerned about his street rep.

Calling yourself Meta World Peace will not change you as a person. If he handled this situation with a bit of class I would forget about it. When the guy is out of basketball his life will end badly. If he didn't make it in basketball he'd be dead or in jail. He does not deserve to wear the Laker jersey or even play in the NBA.

My first reaction to this was I'd be ok with a few game suspension since Harden wasn't hurt. His comments last night showed he's not even trying to act like a decent human anymore.

I have no problem with the Lakers in general. Kobe is one of the top 5 players I've seen in my lifetime and I respect the shit out of him even though I don't always like him. Artest plays with effort and is a good defender(used to be great) but he's a deplorable human being.

You are obviously a dickbag troll, and don't believe a word you say. So I'll just let you ramble for now on while I watch the Thunder win in 4 or 5 games.

Thanks for providing the extra motivation Ron.

okcchief 05-13-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8612077)
shoulda coulda but it didnt happen. Its not about a feel good story for Ron, its about a feel good story for Lakers fans. He's a good player, he played how he's supposed too.

Lakers! i dont know if they can get passed OKC, but ill still be cheering for all the players on the Lakers team to do well.

Queens Represent! lol

I understand rooting for your team. KC CONNECTION calls himself a Laker fan that doesn't like Kobe much, but loves Ron Artest. Just another bitch with no life trolling message boards.

L.A. Chieffan 05-13-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8612118)
oh god I stayed up all night and got a little bit drunk and a lot high, I am so not ready for thissssss

so what we get druuuunk

L.A. Chieffan 05-13-2012 10:23 AM

KINGS AND CLIPS TONIGHT, LAKES TOMMOROW, DOYERS IN FIRST.

LA TOP OF THE WORLD BABY

DBOSHO 05-13-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8612322)

LA TOP OF THE WORLD BABY

Or grizz and clips

L.A. Chieffan 05-13-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8612339)
Or grizz and clips

nhl kings SON

whatch out fo my boy D BROWN PHOENIX!

Chiefs Pantalones 05-13-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

LA TOP OF THE WORLD BABY

If I may ask, how the heck did you become a Chiefs fan?

L.A. Chieffan 05-13-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8612362)
If I may ask, how the heck did you become a Chiefs fan?

The colors were pretty

okcchief 05-13-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8612371)
The colors were pretty

Let me guess. You also loved McDonalds as a kid? Lol

okcchief 05-13-2012 11:35 AM

Should be a couple of good games today.

I expect the Grizzlies to complete the comeback.

Indiana/Miami could be interesting. To have success against the Heat it helps to pound it inside and the Pacers are definitely capable of that. The Heat definitely have the experience edge which means a lot this time of year. I think this could be a 6 or 7 game series. I'm picking Miami, but if the Pacers can steal 1 of 2 in Miami they may have a shot.

kcxiv 05-13-2012 11:37 AM

I don't give a crap about hockey but I'm a Dodger lakers fan as well.

KC_Connection 05-13-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8612259)
Perkins plays physical and with attitude. I've never seen him do anything to try to end a guys career and I've never seen him go in the crowd after fans. If he did what Artest did I bet you he would apologize. There is no competition for biggest douche in the NBA.

Perkins has attempted to injure guys plenty of times in his career. And as I say, he wins in a no contest if we're looking for the guy with the biggest douchebag attitude on a NBA court.

Quote:

There is a difference between. being physical and a complete piece of shit. Also, I've meet Perkins a few times and he's nice as can be, all smiles and always with his kids. Ron Artest has crazy ass eyes and is only concerned about his street rep.
Oh, so you've met Ron Artest too, then, have you? Or is everything that you know about him coming through a media lens, as I suspect?

Quote:

Calling yourself Meta World Peace will not change you as a person. If he handled this situation with a bit of class I would forget about it. When the guy is out of basketball his life will end badly. If he didn't make it in basketball he'd be dead or in jail. He does not deserve to wear the Laker jersey or even play in the NBA.
He's a fanastic basketball player. As such, he deserves to play in the NBA. There are plenty of guys in the league who would have ended up doing little else if they didn't have athletic talent, but they did. That's the name of the game.

Quote:

My first reaction to this was I'd be ok with a few game suspension since Harden wasn't hurt. His comments last night showed he's not even trying to act like a decent human anymore.
For somebody that talks so much about Ron Artest, you apparently know little about him and his oblivious way of speaking. He doesn't "try to act" like anything. He just does and is, rarely ever thinking about anything he says (either before or after he says it). You're right, he certainly doesn't give a damn about what anybody else thinks of him, but I can't say I see a problem with that. I wish more athletes were even half as open as him to the media.

Quote:

I have no problem with the Lakers in general. Kobe is one of the top 5 players I've seen in my lifetime and I respect the shit out of him even though I don't always like him. Artest plays with effort and is a good defender(used to be great) but he's a deplorable human being.
And yet Kobe once elbowed guy in the throat in a similar fashion to what Artest did to Harden in an attempt to injure and never apologized. He even once was accused of sexual assault before he paid the girl off in the end. But yeah, it's Artest that's the deplorable human being. Talk about looking through that media frame. LMAO

Quote:

You are obviously a dickbag troll, and don't believe a word you say. So I'll just let you ramble for now on while I watch the Thunder win in 4 or 5 games.
So lashing out at my rather innocuous comment about the game and Artest's play is "letting me ramble on," now? I'd love to see what directly and personally attacking me means.

Personally, I don't see what you're upset about. The Thunder are still the better team than the Lakers and should conceivably get revenge on Artest for what he did. Makes for a far better series than Thunder/Nuggets, too.

Quote:

KC CONNECTION calls himself a Laker fan that doesn't like Kobe much, but loves Ron Artest. Just another bitch with no life trolling message boards.
Emotional much? Once again, I like Kobe's game quite a lot actually (loved the game winner yesterday...the guy has no fear in those situations), but as I've said before, I've just never understood those that say he's better than LeBron overall. He's not. Nobody in this league is.

okcchief 05-13-2012 11:48 AM

Most people clung on to the Lakers, Celtics or Bulls in the 80s.

I was a Sixers fan Dr. J was the man. I hated the Celtics and liked the Lakers ok when they weren't playing Philly or the KC Kings. I really liked the Kings but the only year I remember clearly was their run to the WC finals in 81 when they lost to Moses Malone and the Rockets. When they moved they were dead to me lol

It's funny I don't mind the Celts today. I think it was the players on the 80s teams I hated so much.

Ultra Peanut 05-13-2012 12:01 PM

This game owns in an MST3K kind of way.

okcchief 05-13-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8612416)
Perkins has attempted to injure guys plenty of times in his career. And as I say, he wins in a no contest if we're looking for the guy with the biggest douchebag attitude on a NBA court.

Oh, so you've met Ron Artest too, then, have you? Or is everything that you know about him coming through a media lens, as I suspect?

He's a fanastic basketball player. As such, he deserves to play in the NBA. There are plenty of guys in the league who would have ended up doing little else if they didn't have athletic talent, but they did. That's the name of the game.

For somebody that talks so much about Ron Artest, you apparently know little about him and his oblivious way of speaking. He doesn't "try to act" like anything. He just does and is, rarely ever thinking about anything he says (either before or after he says it). You're right, he certainly doesn't give a damn about what anybody else thinks of him, but I can't say I see a problem with that. I wish more athletes were even half as open as him to the media.

And yet Kobe once elbowed guy in the throat in a similar fashion to what Artest did to Harden in an attempt to injure and never apologized. He even once was accused of sexual assault before he paid the girl off in the end. But yeah, it's Artest that's the deplorable human being. Talk about looking through that media frame. LMAO

So lashing out at my rather innocuous comment about the game and Artest's play is "letting me ramble on," now? I'd love to see what directly and personally attacking me means.

Personally, I don't see what you're upset about. The Thunder are still the better team than the Lakers and should conceivably get revenge on Artest for what he did. Makes for a far better series than Thunder/Nuggets, too.

Emotional much? Once again, I like Kobe's game quite a lot actually (loved the game winner yesterday...the guy has no fear in those situations), but as I've said before, I've just never understood those that say he's better than LeBron overall. He's not. Nobody in this league is.

Im not concerned with the Lakers in the least. I just think Artest is a classless punk and don't see how anyone can defend him. You respect him for not being fake? Great! He's a piece of shit and makes no apologies.

Perkins definitely tries to bait people and punk on them. I don't claim to know his whole career so show me an example where he has tried to injure a player. There is a difference between being physical and throwing a full force elbow to get someone off of you. If he was fighting for a rebound it excusable. He was trying to hurt someone.

I know all I need to know about Artest by his actions and the crazy look in his eye. He's mentally ill and shouldn't be on the court.

I never said Kobe was a model citizen, and I don't like him, but I respect him as a basketball player. I don't know the elbow you're talking about, but if he's trying to make a play it's completely different than what Artest did.

Show me examples.

okcchief 05-13-2012 12:10 PM

If you are worried about personal attacks on a message board stop trolling or stop being a sensitive ****. You have to respect me for speaking my mind right? Or does that only apply to Ron Ron? What a hypocrite.

Ultra Peanut 05-13-2012 12:11 PM

Hamed Haddadi ****ing owns.

Ultra Peanut 05-13-2012 12:14 PM

CHRIS PAUL I AM A SOCCER FAN AND YOU'RE MAKING ME EMBARRASSED TO WATCH BASKETBALL

YOU DICK

okcchief 05-13-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8612453)
CHRIS PAUL I AM A SOCCER FAN AND YOU'RE MAKING ME EMBARRASSED TO WATCH BASKETBALL

YOU DICK

No shit.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-13-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8612371)
The colors were pretty

Woman

kcxiv 05-13-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8612419)
Most people clung on to the Lakers, Celtics or Bulls in the 80s.

I was a Sixers fan Dr. J was the man. I hated the Celtics and liked the Lakers ok when they weren't playing Philly or the KC Kings. I really liked the Kings but the only year I remember clearly was their run to the WC finals in 81 when they lost to Moses Malone and the Rockets. When they moved they were dead to me lol

It's funny I don't mind the Celts today. I think it was the players on the 80s teams I hated so much.

J was born inLos Angeles its why I like the teams I do. Used to be an L.A Rams fan as well. Ut once they were leaving had to find a new team. Loved me some Derrick Thomas so I started following the Chiefs.

Ultra Peanut 05-13-2012 01:40 PM

bluuuuuughghghghg hgghn f

Pasta Little Brioni 05-13-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

LA TOP OF THE WORLD BABY

Doyers:whackit: won't win shit, like always

MIAdragon 05-13-2012 02:10 PM

James flops like a pussy

In58men 05-13-2012 02:14 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/61473c72-1616-011f.jpg

Lol @ LeBrick James

Ultra Peanut 05-13-2012 02:17 PM

those are pretty high standards imo

Chiefs Pantalones 05-13-2012 02:18 PM

Born and raised in KC. Chiefs for life. I bleed red and gold. There's nobody in my family that's not a Chiefs fan except my wife she's a Cowboys fan. She's from Arizona though nobody here supports their hometown teams lol. After I graduated college I moved to Arizona for my job and met her. A house divided ever since :)

KC_Connection 05-13-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8612443)
Im not concerned with the Lakers in the least. I just think Artest is a classless punk and don't see how anyone can defend him. You respect him for not being fake? Great! He's a piece of shit and makes no apologies.

No, he's just Ron Artest and there's nobody like him.

Quote:

Perkins definitely tries to bait people and punk on them. I don't claim to know his whole career so show me an example where he has tried to injure a player. There is a difference between being physical and throwing a full force elbow to get someone off of you. If he was fighting for a rebound it excusable. He was trying to hurt someone.
If Stern thought Artest was really trying to maliciously hurt Harden rather than the unthinking reflex action that it actually was, he would have been gone a lot longer than 7 games.

Quote:

I know all I need to know about Artest by his actions and the crazy look in his eye. He's mentally ill and shouldn't be on the court.
Are you rattled enough by Artest that you're imagining crazy looks in his eye now?

Quote:

I never said Kobe was a model citizen, and I don't like him, but I respect him as a basketball player. I don't know the elbow you're talking about, but if he's trying to make a play it's completely different than what Artest did.

Show me examples.
See, now I know you haven't followed these two players' careers closely enough. Unlike Ron Artest, Kobe Bryant has been suspended multiple times for hitting maliciously hitting people in the head in his career. The incident I was talking about was the elbow to the throat of Mike Miller a few years ago that was already discussed in the thread. If you hate Ron Artest for supposedly being a dirty player and a despicable human being, I'm pretty sure you should hate Kobe Bryant with a passion too considering his history (both on the court and in real life). The major difference with him, of course, is he gets primarily positive media coverage as NBA star. Artest doesn't.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VJAx7dCnlnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC native 05-13-2012 02:46 PM

Yes, the Spurs get the Clippers. Spurs will take the series 4-1. Might even see another sweep after all the rest.

In58men 05-13-2012 02:47 PM

Playing hard all day.

It's a physical sport.

KC_Connection 05-13-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8612447)
If you are worried about personal attacks on a message board stop trolling or stop being a sensitive ****. You have to respect me for speaking my mind right? Or does that only apply to Ron Ron? What a hypocrite.

Oh, I'm not worried about personal attacks. You can say and believe whatever you want (even if it's something ignorant of the facts like with Artest/Kobe). It's just odd that you're getting so emotional over my innocuous comment about yesterday's game.

okcchief 05-13-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8612759)
Oh, I'm not worried about personal attacks. You can say and believe whatever you want (even if it's something ignorant of the facts like with Artest/Kobe). It's just odd that you're getting so emotional over my innocuous comment about yesterday's game.

Again, I see no examples of others dirty play because it's not the same.

Do I have to know Artest to know he's diagnosed as bi-polar, constantly acts violent, and makes a media campaign to change is image actually changes his name to World Peace. This is a sane person? Yet, when he's obviously wrong he can't even say I lost my head, and I shouldn't have done it. He will never change because he never admits he's wrong.

Artest doesn't rattle me. I just think he's garbage. You are the only person I've seen defend him, and it just amazes me.

trollin trollin trollin

Happy Mothers Day KC ****.

okcchief 05-13-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8612750)
Playing hard all day.

It's a physical sport.

Of course it is. I have no problems with players getting physical during a play. This was before the ****ing ball was inbounded. If he's going for a board and elbows Harden then that's just playing hard.

If he fouls somebody hard, or fights for position getting a rebound etc I have no problems.

MIAdragon 05-13-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8612695)
those are pretty high standards imo

Well if you call yourself the king......

KC_Connection 05-13-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8612789)

Did you watch the video? Do you have any idea about Kobe Bryant's history at all? Apparently not. In the future, stick with things that you actually know.

Quote:

Do I have to know Artest to know he's diagnosed as bi-polar, constantly acts violent, and makes a media campaign to change is image actually changes his name to World Peace. This is a sane person? Yet, when he's obviously wrong he can't even say I lost my head, and I shouldn't have done it. He will never change because he never admits he's wrong.
Artest has admitted fault about things many times, most pointedly about his going into the crowd in Detroit. But again, you wouldn't know that if you hadn't followed his career (and it's becoming increasingly clear that you haven't).

Quote:

Artest doesn't rattle me. I just think he's garbage. You are the only person I've seen defend him, and it just amazes me.
Right, you're only imagining crazy looks in his eyes and lashing out at people on message boards who comment about his good game. But yeah, totally not rattled at all. LMAO

Quote:

You too.

MIAdragon 05-13-2012 03:30 PM

This officiating is garbage

kstater 05-13-2012 03:52 PM

Wade kicks a guy, foul on Pacers.

MIAdragon 05-13-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8612901)
Wade kicks a guy, foul on Pacers.

Its been like that all game long.

okcchief 05-13-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8612846)
Did you watch the video? Do you have any idea about Kobe Bryant's history at all? Apparently not. In the future, stick with things that you actually know.

Artest has admitted fault about things many times, most pointedly about his going into the crowd in Detroit. But again, you wouldn't know that if you hadn't followed his career (and it's becoming increasingly clear that you haven't).

Right, you're only imagining crazy looks in his eyes and lashing out at people on message boards who comment about his good game. But yeah, totally not rattled at all. LMAO

You too.

I'm in my phone and can't view the video. Ill watch it later. I never pretended to know everything about the Lakers and Artest. I think about five incidents and a few interviews tell me all I need to know about him. I don't care to know more. The incident in Detroit turned me and many off the NBA for a few years.

So all you are doing is saying Kobe is just as dirty as Artest? OK. Why do you like the Lakers again?

I see why you like Artest. He's the bi-polar poster child. Everyone needs their champion.

This is going in circles. You are the only person I've seen that defends Artest 100% but I know that's because you are a slave to the media. I'm sure it has nothing to do with being an argumentative **** that always has an unpopular view to make himself seem smarter.

I'll leave it where it lies and not respond to your trolling. I'll just read and laugh.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-13-2012 04:12 PM

Is KCC black? Because the only people I know that defend Artest or any thug or thug behavior are black people.

okcchief 05-13-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8612846)

You too.

BTW you may want to step away from the keyboard if message board comments mean so much. I'm far from rattled because I throw out some insults. Artest rubbed me the wrong way with his interview last night and I just think you're a dumb **** for supporting him. Replay it and watch his eyes shooting all over the place. I've seen meth addicts more focused.

okcchief 05-13-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 8612935)
Is KCC black? Because the only people I know that defend Artest or any thug or thug behavior are black people.

There are plenty of white thugs. Its just the prison gangsta mentality. Being hard is cool. Showing remorse is pussy. Whatever.......

DaKCMan AP 05-13-2012 04:25 PM

1-0

MIAdragon 05-13-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8612959)
1-0

go **** yourself

okcchief 05-13-2012 04:44 PM

Lol it should be a good series.

DaKCMan AP 05-13-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8612965)
go **** yourself

:rolleyes:

kcxiv 05-13-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8612939)
BTW you may want to step away from the keyboard if message board comments mean so much. I'm far from rattled because I throw out some insults. Artest rubbed me the wrong way with his interview last night and I just think you're a dumb **** for supporting him. Replay it and watch his eyes shooting all over the place. I've seen meth addicts more focused.

Probably doesnt want to be doing interviews, but you kinda have too at times.

Anyways, yes dude has done some stupid things, but he's also done alot of great things in the community and for specific charities and causes.

Like he said, growing up in the hood, and having that mentality, it never goes. EVER. I am the same way. Im all nice and calm, but if someone pisses me off really bad, then i always revert back to that way of thinking. I have to catch myself n say shut it off. Its pretty much embedded in the brain.

MIAdragon 05-13-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8613024)
:rolleyes:

go **** yourself :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DaKCMan AP 05-13-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8613039)
go **** yourself :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ROFL

You're such a whiny bitch. Go clean out your vag.

kcxiv 05-13-2012 06:15 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BH_K4C-GLlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol, fan made trailer for round 2. At the end i was like wow. lol

MIAdragon 05-13-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8613072)
ROFL

You're such a whiny bitch. Go clean out your vag.

Relax fruit, I was just messing with you. Homo.

RealSNR 05-13-2012 06:25 PM

Artest is nothing but a thug who changed his name to World Peace. Before that he had been going to extensive therapy sessions with psychiatrists.

TOTAL THUG

KC_Connection 05-13-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8612919)
I'm in my phone and can't view the video. Ill watch it later. I never pretended to know everything about the Lakers and Artest. I think about five incidents and a few interviews tell me all I need to know about him. I don't care to know more. The incident in Detroit turned me and many off the NBA for a few years.

So basically you only started following the NBA again since the Thunder were good? Now I'm beginning to realize what I'm dealing with here.

Quote:

So all you are doing is saying Kobe is just as dirty as Artest? OK. Why do you like the Lakers again?
No, I'm just trying to understand why you supposedly respect Kobe when he's everything that Artest is and more (on and off the court), a guy you supposedly despise. It tells me that you really don't know anything about them and likely just rely on the media to form your opinion of them.

Quote:

This is going in circles. You are the only person I've seen that defends Artest 100% but I know that's because you are a slave to the media. I'm sure it has nothing to do with being an argumentative **** that always has an unpopular view to make himself seem smarter.
I defend causes that deserve to be defended. Based on past precedent in the NBA (a precedent that you, having not followed the NBA for years, wouldn't know about), Artest shouldn't have been suspended nearly as long as he was. It was largely the ridiculous media and fan firestorm in the incident's aftermath that caused it to get up to 7 games. But what other unpopular views have I taken? That LeBron is the best player in the NBA? Didn't he just (rightfully) get awarded the MVP due to getting a winning majority of the votes? That would be the definition of a popular view.

Quote:

BTW you may want to step away from the keyboard if message board comments mean so much.
Mean so much? I find your anger over the Lakers win to be amusing. You'd think it would be everything that an OKC Thunder fan would want...to get revenge on both the Lakers for their loss in the playoffs and on Artest for his elbow.

Quote:

I'm far from rattled because I throw out some insults.
Threw out some insults out of the blue and started imagining crazy eyes in a player you despise (seemingly over a single elbowing incident and his interview last night).

Quote:

I'll leave it where it lies and not respond to your trolling. I'll just read and laugh.
Once again...you started this by personally attacking my innocuous comment about Artest and the Lakers game. You then followed that up by making another series of ignorant posts about the NBA/Kobe/Artest. If you want to stop, fine, but I would suggest doing it before you look even worse.

KC_Connection 05-13-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

The fact that you'd even ask this question says a lot about you and your prejudice. I'll just leave it at that.

KC_Connection 05-13-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8613113)
Artest is nothing but a thug who changed his name to World Peace. Before that he had been going to extensive therapy sessions with psychiatrists.

TOTAL THUG

Yes, damn those people that go to psychiatrists to try to improve themselves! Pure thuggery!

BIG_DADDY 05-13-2012 09:24 PM

So Artest went to see a sports psychologist and ended up being a critical part of the Lakers last championship run followed being the citizen of the year award winner helping other people. Yea he should be shot for that.
Good to see Metta World War back just in time. The whole Harden thing is exactly what he needed to help this team out.

Al Bundy 05-13-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8613393)
Yes, damn those people that go to psychiatrists to try to improve themselves! Pure thuggery!

He pretty much had to.. or his next stop was going to be jail.

Ultra Peanut 05-13-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 8612749)
Yes, the Spurs get the Clippers. Spurs will take the series 4-1. Might even see another sweep after all the rest.

Please destroy them. Please please please.

I went from thinking of OKC as a franchise whose existence was unfortunate to an incredibly likable young team after game 7 of the Western Semis last year, but **** the Clippers. Their behavior is almost universally loathsome and pathetic and I wish them nothing but the worst.

p.s. sport is death, hail santa

BIG_DADDY 05-13-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8613493)
Please destroy them. Please please please.

I went from thinking of OKC as a franchise whose existence was unfortunate to an incredibly likable young team after game 7 of the Western Semis last year, but **** the Clippers. Their behavior is almost universally loathsome and pathetic and I wish them nothing but the worst.

p.s. sport is death, hail santa

Actually I am hoping for an all LA Western Conference Championship. How cool would that be?

Ultra Peanut 05-13-2012 09:49 PM

What's ****ed up is that I'd be hoping for a Lakers sweep. If only for Pau, and also **** Blake Griffin and Chris Paul and Reggie Evans and Nick Young and and and

luv 05-13-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8613498)
Actually I am hoping for an all LA Western Conference Championship. How cool would that be?

Awesome if the Clippers win. :p

Deberg_1990 05-13-2012 09:52 PM

IM actually looking forward to a Spurs Vs. Thunder series. That could be epic.

Ultra Peanut 05-13-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8613512)

Intense.

luv 05-13-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8613512)

Personally, I'm rooting for the Thunder, no matter what.

BIG_DADDY 05-13-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8613505)
Awesome if the Clippers win. :p

LMAO

BIG_DADDY 05-13-2012 10:00 PM

Indy vs Celtics
Lakers vs Clippers

As long as we are hoping. I want to See the Lakers win more than anything and the Heat lose would be my second vote.

okcchief 05-13-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8613372)
So basically you only started following the NBA again since the Thunder were good? Now I'm beginning to realize what I'm dealing with here.

No, I'm just trying to understand why you supposedly respect Kobe when he's everything that Artest is and more (on and off the court), a guy you supposedly despise. It tells me that you really don't know anything about them and likely just rely on the media to form your opinion of them.

I defend causes that deserve to be defended. Based on past precedent in the NBA (a precedent that you, having not followed the NBA for years, wouldn't know about), Artest shouldn't have been suspended nearly as long as he was. It was largely the ridiculous media and fan firestorm in the incident's aftermath that caused it to get up to 7 games. But what other unpopular views have I taken? That LeBron is the best player in the NBA? Didn't he just (rightfully) get awarded the MVP due to getting a winning majority of the votes? That would be the definition of a popular view.

Mean so much? I find your anger over the Lakers win to be amusing. You'd think it would be everything that an OKC Thunder fan would want...to get revenge on both the Lakers for their loss in the playoffs and on Artest for his elbow.

Threw out some insults out of the blue and started imagining crazy eyes in a player you despise (seemingly over a single elbowing incident and his interview last night).

Once again...you started this by personally attacking my innocuous comment about Artest and the Lakers game. You then followed that up by making another series of ignorant posts about the NBA/Kobe/Artest. If you want to stop, fine, but I would suggest doing it before you look even worse.

Yawn.

Look back at my posts dipshit. I wanted to play the Lakers. You read what you want.

I'm betting I've been watching the NBA longer than you've been alive. Because I don't keep track of dirty plays doesn't mean I don't know the game. I'll let you jerk off to that shit.

Yawn

KC_Connection 05-13-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8613537)
Look back at my posts dipshit. I wanted to play the Lakers. You read what you want.

I'm not saying you didn't. But your reactions (lashing out at others on message boards over something as innocuous as a comment about the outcome of a Lakers basketball game) suggest something different.

Quote:

I'm betting I've been watching the NBA longer than you've been alive. Because I don't keep track of dirty plays doesn't mean I don't know the game. I'll let you jerk off to that shit.
You haven't seemed to keep track of much of anything NBA-related considering your comments about it and its players over the last few days.

Quote:

Yawn
I thought you were done responding? Guess not.

-King- 05-14-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8612789)

trollin trollin trollin

No offense, but clearly he does.

Quote:

:shake:

okcchief 05-14-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8613638)
I'm not saying you didn't. But your reactions (lashing out at others on message boards over something as innocuous as a comment about the outcome of a Lakers basketball game) suggest something different.

You haven't seemed to keep track of much of anything NBA-related considering your comments about it and its players over the last few days.

I thought you were done responding? Guess not.

Again, I don't remember isolated incidents involving dirty play. That's only basketball to you. I'll let you cherish them and live out your prison rape fantasies.

You guys think Artest is getting into people's heads and that amuses me. Kobe and him try that shit all the time against us and it doesn't work because we are better. My only concern is when we wrap up the series Bynum or Artest pull a cheap thug move. There is a history and if you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

I'll let the Thunder do the talking. The Lakers just aren't a very good team and not worth further discussion.

okcchief 05-14-2012 06:14 AM

Just one last thing. Obviously, he is going prison yard Ron Ron to amp himself up and try to get into a young teams head. That actually might be a good move since Lakers are an inferior team. It's a desperation move, but what else can they do. When basketball is out of his life he'll do well in prison.

5 games.

You won't see me acknowledge this series further.

The Bad Guy 05-14-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8613864)
Just one last thing. Obviously, he is going prison yard Ron Ron to amp himself up and try to get into a young teams head. That actually might be a good move since Lakers are an inferior team. It's a desperation move, but what else can they do. When basketball is out of his life he'll do well in prison.

5 games.

You won't see me acknowledge this series further.

Do teams who have won NBA championships recently have to get desperate with a team that never has won shit?

The Bad Guy 05-14-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8613858)
Again, I don't remember isolated incidents involving dirty play. That's only basketball to you. I'll let you cherish them and live out your prison rape fantasies.

You guys think Artest is getting into people's heads and that amuses me. Kobe and him try that shit all the time against us and it doesn't work because we are better. My only concern is when we wrap up the series Bynum or Artest pull a cheap thug move. There is a history and if you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you.

I'll let the Thunder do the talking. The Lakers just aren't a very good team and not worth further discussion.

Try it all the time? Remind me again when the Thunder have A) won anything, b) beaten the Lakers in a playoff series.

Artest may not be in Durant's head, but he clearly is in yours.

The Bad Guy 05-14-2012 06:33 AM

You would think Artest punched out Okcchief's mother.

okcchief 05-14-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8613873)
You would think Artest punched out Okcchief's mother.

Yawn