ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pastor refuses to tip "I give GOD 10% why do you get 18%" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269489)

loochy 01-31-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368196)
He doesn't need Kenny Rogers. God tells him when to hold em. God says when to fold em. God says when to walk away. God says when to run. You never tithe your money...when you're sittin at the table. There'll be time enough for tithing, when the dealing's done.

Now every preacher knows the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' who to tip well
And knowin' who to stiff
'Cause every waiter's a winner
And every waiter's a loser
And the best that you can hope for
Is some lemon in your tea

DaFace 01-31-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9367789)
Well, the Broncos do play there.

Granted, that's a drawback. Beyond that, though...

GloryDayz 01-31-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9367683)
You know in all the years we've been going to the Outer Banks I don't think I've ever eaten at Mako Mikes.

It's not all that and a bag of chips, but usually pretty good. In fact, once, I got stuffed mushrooms that SOMEBODY totally messed up the sauce on. I'm not a picky eater, and I spent many a day (LOL, school days too) on the OBX, so I know what a Carolina crab-stuffed mushroom should taste like, and it was revolting. So much that I actually asked the manager to please try one (since I was close to a local, and my brother is - has a house on the sound side), and he admitted that "somebody didn't follow the instructions!" LOL, it was almost funny how bad it tasted...

My brother opened the first Safeway on the OBX (yeah, that's dating me!!), and my brother-in-law used to shape boards for WRV, so he opened that store (near Duck) way back when...

I recommend Awful Arther's more.

crazycoffey 01-31-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9367037)
:spock: Are you implying that Branson is a more preferable location than Denver?

After living/ visiting both and surrounding areas. Yes.i loved ft Collins though.

Bump 01-31-2013 06:04 PM

Here is a pic of the disgusting pastor. I hope that karma does it's thing on this bitch soon.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1403576.jpg

But yes, it's more fuel to my fire in the hatred for religion. Religious people do use the fact that they go to church as an excuse to treat others like shit, they really do.

loochy 01-31-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9368567)

Damn canadians.

Bump 01-31-2013 06:06 PM

And apparently she is demanding that EVERYONE in the restaurant be fired.

And apparently she also tried to spin this bullshit in a ridiculous positive manner towards herself and her cult by saying she wrote the note, knowing it would go viral and spread the word of jesus.

****ing A, man. these people. I hate them.

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:08 PM

haha...go figure, she's black

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:08 PM

Bump what kind of qualifications did you have to run a $1M a month restaurant that required servers to tip out 7%? I have all the time in the world to crush this little myth.

Coach 01-31-2013 06:09 PM

I don't necessarly agree with the firing of the waitress.

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9365839)
When I was at Piropo's servers tipped out more then that to bar and SA's..

So maybe it depends on how nice a place you work at.. I would walk out of there with 80bucks in tips plus my hourly as a SA for 4-6 hours of work.. Servers would make 100-400 a night... So it might just be where you are at.. My tips were split between the 2 servers I helped.. Then they tipped out the bar more..

you must be confused

we're talking about percentage of sales, not percentage of your tips

no way any server in the service industry would tip out 7% on their sales. That's completely insane.

Coach 01-31-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9368174)
She violated a customers right to privacy.

I didn't see anything on the photo that showed the customer's name or address or credit card number.

Besides, I disagree with the firing of the waitress. Poor judgement? Perhaps so, but the so-called Pastor was much worse than the waitress.

Bump 01-31-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368583)
Bump what kind of qualifications did you have to run a $1M a month restaurant that required servers to tip out 7%? I have all the time in the world to crush this little myth.

lol, I'll just let it eat you up inside. ROFL

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9368594)
lol, I'll just let it eat you up inside. ROFL

a manager at a $1M per month restaurant (which is INSANE, for the record) would make at least $60K a year. At least.

What made you quit big guy?

Oh wait, you were never a restaurant manager. Is it fun lying on the internet? You have any knife attacks against people knocking on your door lately?

bishop_74 01-31-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9368567)
Here is a pic of the disgusting pastor. I hope that karma does it's thing on this bitch soon.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1403576.jpg

But yes, it's more fuel to my fire in the hatred for religion. Religious people do use the fact that they go to church as an excuse to treat others like shit, they really do.

Just to be clear... assholes do that. Not religious people. They are not mutually exclusive. I actually know plenty of very nice and charitable religious people. Unfortunately I know a lot of assholes that think they are religious as well, but if memory serves most forms of religion ask you to treat others the way you wish to be treated.

Bump 01-31-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop_74 (Post 9368597)
Just to be clear... ass holes do that. Not religious people. They are not mutually exclusive. I actually know plenty of very nice and charitable religious people. Unfortunately I know a lot of ass holes that think they are religious as well, but if memory serves most firms of religion ask you to treat others the way you wish to be treated.

anybody who's ever worked in the front of a restaurant will tell you that Sunday is the most dreaded day of the week and that's soley because of the church people.

bishop_74 01-31-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9368600)
anybody who's ever worked in the front of a restaurant will tell you that Sunday is the most dreaded day of the week and that's soley because of the church people.

Sure sounds like you are speaking in absolutes. Are there any other "groups" of people that you can clump together and make grand sweeping statements about? Jews... or blond haired and blue eyed individuals? ;)

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:24 PM

Sunday was never the most dreaded day for me to work...I don't know WTF he's talking about. I never worked Sunday's during football season but I didn't mind working one bit on a Sunday and usually could make pretty good money, too.

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:25 PM

I hated Monday and Tuesday nights, though...if I'm going to be at work, I want to work. Slow nights just pissed me off.

loochy 01-31-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368612)
Sunday was never the most dreaded day for me to work...I don't know WTF he's talking about. I never worked Sunday's during football season but I didn't mind working one bit on a Sunday and usually could make pretty good money, too.

Don't worry. He has 3 agendas: anti corporation, anti Christian, and pro weed for everything.

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:32 PM

and he's a liar

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9368573)
Damn canadians.

Wow. Uncanny. Must be more to this than I'm aware. One night I'm working and I was new. One of the vets walks by and says "Flop, check out 73 and 62. I've got the ****ing Canadian Prime Minister and his daughter here at the same time!" I look over, it's black couples. One is a 4 top the other a 2. I didn't get it, and when I didn't laugh he said "Get used to hearing about Canadians. That's what we call the black people here."

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:48 PM

you've never seen Waiting, flop?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368662)
you've never seen Waiting, flop?

ROFL I should've known. No, I haven't seen it. I'll have to find it and check it out.

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:50 PM

it's ok I find it a bit overrated even though I'm a Reynolds fan...but yeah, they refer to black people as Canadians in that movie so the term really took off...

I don't think I ever heard it BEFORE Waiting, but I certainly heard it a lot afterwards. I honestly can't remember. I was young and at my first restaurant when that movie came out.

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:51 PM

my experience with black people in Dallas and Chicago is 80% either don't tip or max out at $2 regardless of amount of bill, and the other 20% drastically overtip to make up for the aforementioned 80% in hopes they don't get shit service no matter what for just being black.

Hootie 01-31-2013 06:52 PM

I had, if I were to guess, a 95% success rate in guessing the exact tip a table would leave me before they left it. The ones I missed were generally when someone tipped over 25%.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368670)
I had, if I were to guess, a 95% success rate in guessing the exact tip a table would leave me before they left it. The ones I missed were generally when someone tipped over 25%.

I could never do that. I had an idea of a range, but sometimes I was wrong and they left me shit. I could very rarely guess on an over 25% tip. Sometimes it was obvious, but they did it on purpose to insure they would be treated well.

As far as black people go, I bust people's balls for racism all the time around here. My experience is, in Branson, MO, they don't tip nearly as well. I've only been flat out stiffed 4 times. 3 times? Yep, black couples. Most would leave a couple of bucks on a $100 so I usually knew there was a good chance I was going to pay to wait on them, but I didn't care. Can't get wrapped up in that shit.

And the ones that overtipped to make up for the other ones, always were real obvious right out of the gate. Like you said, to make sure they got good service. We had pretty similar styles though. Treat them all the same. Treat them all the best. Let the money work itself out.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 07:01 PM

Looking back on it, I actually think I treated black people with a little extra. Not for the hope of money, I knew better. Stevieray calls it my white guilt. I dunno. I did want them to feel incredibly respected and cared for while they were with me.

seclark 01-31-2013 07:02 PM

i hate to say it, but i'd just as soon have hootie serve me my chicken fried steak, than bump.
sec

crazycoffey 01-31-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

I did a Sunday brunch with a Bloody Mary bar and did quite well with it. It was he last time I was in the industry, and it was a second job. But walked after tip out with over 100 / 150 on a regular bases. Yeah I don't know what he's talking about either.

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368686)
Looking back on it, I actually think I treated black people with a little extra. Not for the hope of money, I knew better. Stevieray calls it my white guilt. I dunno. I did want them to feel incredibly respected and cared for while they were with me.

100% me too.

I knew when I wasn't going to get tipped but these were also the people that were going to make my night a living nightmare if I gave them "racist" service...so I'd just go above and beyond and be polite as you could ever be and moved on...and in all reality, black people I waited on LOVED me...and it's easier to bullshit with black people because they are generally FRIENDLIER to strangers/waitstaff then your typical rich white business guy who wants you to leave them the **** alone and get them their ****ing food.

I used to hate the ****ing waiters/waitresses I worked with that table dodged these people because I was ALWAYS stuck with them because I found it ridiculous no one would wait on them and it was just so ridiculously noticeably racist...oh gee, this white table sat down 5 minutes after us and they are already getting waited on and 10 people have walked by us?

I used to have HUGE ****ING MELTDOWNS in the back of house over this shit. People I worked with knew when to stay the **** out of my way...they were epic. I would go into attack mode and attack every server/manager I had an issue with and it got to the point where everyone knew just to "let it go" because I was good for about one major "attack your entire life" meltdown per weekend.

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9368689)
i hate to say it, but i'd just as soon have hootie serve me my chicken fried steak, than bump.
sec

despite what kind of dipshit I am IRL (and I am) and on this board...I am probably THE ultimate waiter for someone who wants their food, wants it right, doesn't want to be asked stupid ****ing questions, and doesn't want to wait 10 minutes to pay their ****ing bill.

my multi-tasking and efficiency had to be industry top notch...at least compared to the hundreds of dipshits I worked with over the years

my old roommate/best friend was comparable...we used to have waiter chants to compare styles and shift notes to see how we could improve and how to handle certain scenarios...like the one time he told a table we didn't do a song for a birthday while at the same time a group of 10 servers came busting out of the kitchen to parade a table 1 section away with our birthday song ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368696)
100% me too.

I knew when I wasn't going to get tipped but these were also the people that were going to make my night a living nightmare if I gave them "racist" service...so I'd just go above and beyond and be polite as you could ever be and moved on...and in all reality, black people I waited on LOVED me...and it's easier to bullshit with black people because they are generally FRIENDLIER to strangers/waitstaff then your typical rich white business guy who wants you to leave them the **** alone and get them their ****ing food.

I used to hate the ****ing waiters/waitresses I worked with that table dodged these people because I was ALWAYS stuck with them because I found it ridiculous no one would wait on them and it was just so ridiculously noticeably racist...oh gee, this white table sat down 5 minutes after us and they are already getting waited on and 10 people have walked by us?

I used to have HUGE ****ING MELTDOWNS in the back of house over this shit. People I worked with knew when to stay the **** out of my way...they were epic. I would go into attack mode and attack every server/manager I had an issue with and it got to the point where everyone knew just to "let it go" because I was good for about one major "attack your entire life" meltdown per weekend.

You? Go crazy and melt down over something you're passionate about? Noooooooooooo.

LMAO I could ****ing envision it. Real life trolling with Hootie!

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:12 PM

and Flop...I used to get $5 from a "ghetto" table and they'd make sure to give it to me and look me in the eye and thank me and I was so polite back to them it was sickening...I knew they weren't educated in "proper tipping" but they truly thought they were giving me a good tip and truly appreciated my service so who am I to not appreciate them appreciating me?

I always made enough money...I didn't feel the need to typecast my tables. Some people just don't know the proper etiquette...it is what it is. An asshole is an asshole, though. I loved when people would come in and just be angry at the world from the get go...why does those miserable people even want to go out? Or breathe?

Garcia Bronco 01-31-2013 07:17 PM

To the OP, totally inappropriate on his part.

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368700)
You? Go crazy and melt down over something you're passionate about? Noooooooooooo.

LMAO I could ****ing envision it. Real life trolling with Hootie!

my last full time waiter job (I always waited, only bartended part time because I made SO MUCH more money waiting and I was WAY BETTER at it than bartending where chit chat is so much more a part of your job)...

I was 25-26 and I worked with either 18 or 19 year olds or 40+ washouts who hated life...

I dug SO DEEP into them when they'd piss me off and I'd always remind them of how competent I was and how I was glad I was simply an underachiever and not a complete dipshit waste of life who can't handle a friggin' waiter job while telling them I'm sure they'll have great luck in life etc. etc. etc.

I'd dig into the incompetent management staff as well...I'd tell them how terribly they ran the restaurant and how I wasn't paid to run everyone's ****ing food so if they wanted me to run everyone's food like I do every ****ing night they could at least hire hotter, younger girls for me to break down emotionally and eventually try to bang (least they could do)

the only people I would NEVER piss off were the cooks...I learned all the dirty spanish in the world to keep them on my side so they'd always hook me up when in need...that's the 2nd thing I do at a new restaurant (learn the computer first, win over the mexicans second)

looking back at my restaurant career...the only things that ever pissed me off were the incompetent people I worked with...

but I also made SO MANY life long friends over the course of 8 years...I would never trade my restaurant experience for anything...it was such a fantastic learning experience for me.

Bump 01-31-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

lol, now I'm pretty sure you are lying about ever waiting tables. LOL

I GUARANTEE that if you polled every waiter in America, 99% of them will vote Sunday as the day they hate working the most.

Sundays is an unspoken word at a lot of restaurants, you don't say the word Sunday. Because it's always a cluster **** and it's always a bunch of assholes and this goes for every restaurant I've worked in. You are full of shit dude.

loochy 01-31-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9368711)

I GUARANTEE that if you polled every waiter in America, 99% of them will vote Sunday as the day they hate working the most.

Sundays is an unspoken word at a lot of restaurants, you don't say the word Sunday. Because it's always a cluster **** and it's always a bunch of assholes and this goes for every restaurant I've worked in. You are full of shit dude.

Aww damn

It's on now! It's time for a hootie meltdown

Bump 01-31-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9368721)
Aww damn

perhaps he just truly enjoyed/loved waiting tables and saw things differently. But I've never met a waiter like that.

Rain Man 01-31-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368701)
and Flop...I used to get $5 from a "ghetto" table and they'd make sure to give it to me and look me in the eye and thank me and I was so polite back to them it was sickening...I knew they weren't educated in "proper tipping" but they truly thought they were giving me a good tip and truly appreciated my service so who am I to not appreciate them appreciating me?

I always made enough money...I didn't feel the need to typecast my tables. Some people just don't know the proper etiquette...it is what it is. An asshole is an asshole, though. I loved when people would come in and just be angry at the world from the get go...why does those miserable people even want to go out? Or breathe?

Have you ever checked out cruise ship reviews? A misplaced origami towel will ruin the whole trip. It's scary.

When I did my Alaska trip back in 2010, I came back from Anchorage to Vancouver on a cruise ship. It was inexpensive and much nicer than flying. I didn't have dress clothes so I didn't attend the "formal dinners", but a couple at my table apparently flew into a wild rage at an incident at one of the dinners. I was told later by another person at the table that there was yelling and anguish and in the end the couple walked out of the dining room never to return. The other people at the table were mortified to be sitting there while it was going on.

The incident? When they brought the dinners, they accidentally set the man's entree in front of the woman, and vice versa. When they complained, the waiter picked up the two plates and switched them, and they thought he should have thrown the food away and brought two new entrees.

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:34 PM

LMAO

Bump you told me that you worked at a restaurant that pulls in $1M per month in revenue (lolololololololololololol) and servers tip out 7% and you WERE A MANAGER.

A manager at that type of restaurant ($1M a month is A METRIC SHIT TON for a restaurant) would make at least $60K.

and you're trying to tell me you managed this place?

ha

hahahahaha

You prove you were a manager at this restaurant to me and you can have my avatar and signature for the rest of eternity. I'll need to do a little research and see if it would even be capable of $1M months...that's just outrageously insane.

Bwana 01-31-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9368721)
Aww damn

Waiter wars.

http://www.westchestermagazine.com/2...ofy-waiter.jpg

seclark 01-31-2013 07:39 PM

****in-A, it's on now.
sec

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9368731)
perhaps he just truly enjoyed/loved waiting tables and saw things differently. But I've never met a waiter like that.

I don't disagree that my style isn't the norm...when I work I like to make money. In order to make money, I have to have tables. In order to have tables, it has to be busy. In order to get a lot of tables, I have to be fast, efficient and flip tables as fast as possible.

I realize that most young people in generation Y are ****ing lazy, immature dipshits who were spoiled by their idiot parents and have had everything handed to them so by the time they hit the working world they are in way over their heads and they don't get it. In fact, at my last interview before I got hired the area director asked me how I handle these new kids that are entering the working world.

I've dealt with these dumbasses at restaurants ESPECIALLY when I worked on campus for years. It's fascinating to see how truly oblivious they are when it comes to the real world.

Me? I like avoiding drama and controversy in the work place. I also don't like customers or guests HATING me, or when I leave the table saying "boy, he sure is a dipshit." So I make sure every ****ing table gets the best service I can give since...you know...it was my ****ing job (something most waitstaff don't understand)...

bitch and moan is all you hear from 99% of waitstaff...these people didn't tip, this guy needed 4 refills...this person didn't like her food (that one is annoying, I do agree) etc etc etc

but you wouldn't know, since I doubt you've ever worked at a restaurant (definitely not as a manager, you don't have any type of resume and you've made it quite clear in this thread...liar)

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9368732)
Have you ever checked out cruise ship reviews? A misplaced origami towel will ruin the whole trip. It's scary.

When I did my Alaska trip back in 2010, I came back from Anchorage to Vancouver on a cruise ship. It was inexpensive and much nicer than flying. I didn't have dress clothes so I didn't attend the "formal dinners", but a couple at my table apparently flew into a wild rage at an incident at one of the dinners. I was told later by another person at the table that there was yelling and anguish and in the end the couple walked out of the dining room never to return. The other people at the table were mortified to be sitting there while it was going on.

The incident? When they brought the dinners, they accidentally set the man's entree in front of the woman, and vice versa. When they complained, the waiter picked up the two plates and switched them, and they thought he should have thrown the food away and brought two new entrees.

People like that are the worst kind of people. A dude named Jamaal once told me when he was training me at a restaurant years ago...he said, "dawg, at the end of the day, we human...we're going to make mistakes. We aren't computers." I liked Jamaal.

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9368740)
****in-A, it's on now.
sec

he's just a liar

I don't know a good analogy for a restaurant that does $1M per month in sales...I'll say a TGI Friday's in Overland Park, KS would probably be happy with $15K on a Saturday...and that would be a GOOD Saturday.

however, Bump, the same Bump who's posts we read on this board...wants us to believe he MANAGED a restaurant that averaged $34,000 per night (counting Monday's-Thursday's)...going rate of pay for a manager over there...at least $60K.

yet pothead, probably no older than 24 year old Bump with what appears to be an ounce of work ethic wants us to believe he managed this 7% tipout restaurant

and he answers his door paranoid with a knife because someone won't stop knocking...

but he used to make $60K a year as a restaurant manager at a $1M per month restaurant

yeah, right

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:50 PM

the infamous pizza place I worked with would have open-close 2 hour waits on football game days...constant, CONSTANT business for dine in, delivery and carry out...also sell frozen pizzas for nearly $20 a pop...and the owner was ****ing ECSTATIC when he got over $15K and the most he ever got up to was $19K.

Bump managed a restaurant that had $60K Saturdays. Bump. I realize being a waiter isn't a job that requires a ton of intellect...but a restaurant that takes in $1M per month in revenue isn't going to hire ****ing BUMP to manage it.

Hootie 01-31-2013 07:53 PM

my GM at Chicago Bennigan's (RIP - I miss Bennigan's) made $150K a year. Bump, one of our resident dipshits, broke into restaurant management at a ****ING amazing restaurant apparently (I cannot describe to you how much $1M per month in restaurant revenue is)...and now he lives in a seedy neighborhood where he has to answer his front door with a knife.

Bump, you are just SO believable.

Rain Man 01-31-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368743)
People like that are the worst kind of people. A dude named Jamaal once told me when he was training me at a restaurant years ago...he said, "dawg, at the end of the day, we human...we're going to make mistakes. We aren't computers." I liked Jamaal.

Since I wasn't there, the male of the couple saw me somewhere else on the ship a couple of days later and chased me down. He was explaining to me what happened and was really trying to convince me how bad it was and how they had to take a stand. Meanwhile, the other people at the table told me that they wanted to go hide because it was such a scene over absolutely nothing.

Bump 01-31-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368748)
he's just a liar

I don't know a good analogy for a restaurant that does $1M per month in sales...I'll say a TGI Friday's in Overland Park, KS would probably be happy with $15K on a Saturday...and that would be a GOOD Saturday.

however, Bump, the same Bump who's posts we read on this board...wants us to believe he MANAGED a restaurant that averaged $34,000 per night (counting Monday's-Thursday's)...going rate of pay for a manager over there...at least $60K.

yet pothead, probably no older than 24 year old Bump with what appears to be an ounce of work ethic wants us to believe he managed this 7% tipout restaurant

and he answers his door paranoid with a knife because someone won't stop knocking...

but he used to make $60K a year as a restaurant manager at a $1M per month restaurant

yeah, right

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...4/12387572.jpg

Hootie 01-31-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9368766)
Since I wasn't there, the male of the couple saw me somewhere else on the ship a couple of days later and chased me down. He was explaining to me what happened and was really trying to convince me how bad it was and how they had to take a stand. Meanwhile, the other people at the table told me that they wanted to go hide because it was such a scene over absolutely nothing.

I never ran into anything like that...most likely because the restaurants I worked at generally expected their food to be sort of "auctioned" off in big groups. I didn't like doing that and I always had a great waiter memory so I usually put the plates where they belonged but the servers who "auctioned" never got yelled at or anything. Most people were just ****ing happy there food had arrived and were ready to eat!

I learned though...some people are just ridiculous. Nothing you can do but laugh. I never really took offense to anything I always just lived by the "meh, at least I don't have to wake up and be them!" mantra.

Hootie 01-31-2013 08:06 PM

yeah Bump, that's what I'd do to if I was completely outed for being a liar...I'd post a .jpg.

your lies are just stupid...not hard for me to pick out a liar when it comes to the service industry

you should at least try to make your lies believable

Hootie 01-31-2013 08:08 PM

just texted my buddy Steve and asked about Chicago Bennigan's on a Saturday night...good $10K great $13K

GM made $150K. Bottom of the ladder managers probably $35K-$45K (it was a Bennigan's for crying out loud)

BUT BUMP MANAGED a restaurant that did 6 times that in sales!!! Hahahaha. BUMP.

I'm talking CHICAGO Bennigan's here. We had A LOT OF TABLES and a wait every Saturday. 10-13K

Brock 01-31-2013 08:10 PM

LMAO

Bump 01-31-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368782)
yeah Bump, that's what I'd do to if I was completely outed for being a liar...I'd post a .jpg.

your lies are just stupid...not hard for me to pick out a liar when it comes to the service industry

you should at least try to make your lies believable

It's really not that hard for a fresh college grad, who worked as a restaurant manager in a shitty place to pay for that degree, to go into an interview with a huge national corporation that's always hiring managers because they are growing, to go into that interview and tell them a story about how you love the restaurant business and wish you would have went to culinary school or a hotel and restaurant management degree because you love it so much. It's not hard to go into that interview and land that job. Every store for that company does crazy sales, they have over 30 of them now. All you need is a lot of experience and a good interview or in my case, fresh out of college with a little bit of experience.

Hootie 01-31-2013 08:15 PM

it really shouldn't be that hard for you to tell me which restaurant you managed then, should it?

Bump 01-31-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368796)
it really shouldn't be that hard for you to tell me which restaurant you managed then, should it?

I already did and I don't really feel comfortable talking about my employment history on here with personal details. I'm not giving you my name, ID and SS so you can look it up either.

Bump 01-31-2013 08:20 PM

but you keep thinking that weed makes people stupid and there is no way that a pot head could ever land a decent job.

It wasn't even a decent job, I ****ing hated that shit. Sure the money was good, but I don't like being miserable for 60 hours per week and having to hide it.

Rain Man 01-31-2013 08:22 PM

Was it a Cheesecake Factory? I bet it was Cheesecake Factory.

Bump 01-31-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9368807)
Was it a Cheesecake Factory? I bet it was Cheesecake Factory.

similar concept, only with 100+ beers on tap.

Rain Man 01-31-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9368814)

Taphouse Brewery!

Rain Man 01-31-2013 08:26 PM

Name That Tune would work with restaurants, too.

Pick a restaurant, someone. I can name that restaurant in five entrees or less.

Hammock Parties 01-31-2013 08:31 PM

I can't wait until everyone in the food service industry is replaced by ****ing robots.

You're all annoying ****s.

Hootie 01-31-2013 08:31 PM

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
MONTE CRISTO
SOUTHWESTERN SAMPLER
TURKEY O'TOOLE

Hootie 01-31-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9368830)
I can't wait until everyone in the food service industry is replaced by ****ing robots.

I used to joke at the pizza shop that they could ****ing replace us with one of those "take a number" systems and a self serve soda machine.

Rain Man 01-31-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

The concept has already been proven with fast food restaurants. The server can be replaced at lower cost with a countertop. However, the more money you have available to spend on dinner, the less willing you are to hunt and gather.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368701)

I dealt with broke ass hillbillies all the time. I never gave a **** if they didn't know any better. You nailed it. We look at waiting the same way. I'm not too self conscious to say I was an elite server. At my size to accomplish what I did you had to be. I enjoyed my job. I had fun every day. Just like I do now. You get it bro. You were clearly elite as well. It's just a people job.

Hootie 01-31-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9368916)
The concept has already been proven with fast food restaurants. The server can be replaced at lower cost with a countertop. However, the more money you have available to spend on dinner, the less willing you are to hunt and gather.

I loved Buffalo Wild Wings SO MUCH MORE when they were just a countertop with food runners.

My friend who worked there said corporate got all sorts of positive reviews when they switched it to a wait restaurant. Said people preferred to get waited on...

I liked ordering my food...getting my own refills...and not tipping while not feeling pressure to leave a section while I'm watching a football game.

Hootie 01-31-2013 09:10 PM

we had a Buffalo Wild Wings on campus in Champaign about 13-15 years ago back when it was just called BW3...god it was ****ING awesome...order at a window...listen for your number...BOOM! HOT, FRESH FANTASTIC WINGS.

they closed it down for some reason and reopened off campus in a huge location when they rebranded it Buffalo Wild Wings...it was counter top (sweet!) where a food runner would bring your food out to the table and that was that...20 cent wing Tuesdays

now it's 60 cent wings and tipville

Hootie 01-31-2013 09:11 PM

I can't quit their Buffalo Hot Sauce though...the best wing sauce I've ever tasted. I love it. I buy 3 packs of the bottles when I go in...but I'm addicted to hot sauce.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368706)
my last full time waiter job (I always waited, only bartended part time because I made SO MUCH more money waiting and I was WAY BETTER at it than bartending where chit chat is so much more a part of your job)...

I was 25-26 and I worked with either 18 or 19 year olds or 40+ washouts who hated life...

I dug SO DEEP into them when they'd piss me off and I'd always remind them of how competent I was and how I was glad I was simply an underachiever and not a complete dipshit waste of life who can't handle a friggin' waiter job while telling them I'm sure they'll have great luck in life etc. etc. etc.

I'd dig into the incompetent management staff as well...I'd tell them how terribly they ran the restaurant and how I wasn't paid to run everyone's ****ing food so if they wanted me to run everyone's food like I do every ****ing night they could at least hire hotter, younger girls for me to break down emotionally and eventually try to bang (least they could do)

the only people I would NEVER piss off were the cooks...I learned all the dirty spanish in the world to keep them on my side so they'd always hook me up when in need...that's the 2nd thing I do at a new restaurant (learn the computer first, win over the mexicans second)

looking back at my restaurant career...the only things that ever pissed me off were the incompetent people I worked with...

but I also made SO MANY life long friends over the course of 8 years...I would never trade my restaurant experience for anything...it was such a fantastic learning experience for me.

ROFL This post inspired me to grab my computer. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS win over the cooks, and the manager of the cooks. ROFL ROFL ROFL I would talk about the other servers and managers getting some chorizo when they were being dumb shits. GREAT shit! LOL, too funny. I used to talk some mad mexican racist assed bullshit on those guys and they loved it. I mean they LOVED it! Because they knew me, and talked shit too. I briefly talked about this shit in another thread. Incredible. I really had no idea this was some kind of science that got you your way. LMAO Psychology dude. You're a natural.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9368711)

Dude, I've tried to avoid talking about the complete ****ing ownage Hootie has had on you in this thread, but I can't. Not anymore. Sunday's are the best ****ing days in the industry. It's busy, there is volume, and it's the dinner menu all day long.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9368732)

I hope you stopped in Victoria for a day and spent some time at Butchgart (sic) gardens. It's incredible.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368780)
I never ran into anything like that...most likely because the restaurants I worked at generally expected their food to be sort of "auctioned" off in big groups. I didn't like doing that and I always had a great waiter memory so I usually put the plates where they belonged but the servers who "auctioned" never got yelled at or anything. Most people were just ****ing happy there food had arrived and were ready to eat!

I learned though...some people are just ridiculous. Nothing you can do but laugh. I never really took offense to anything I always just lived by the "meh, at least I don't have to wake up and be them!" mantra.

We wrote it up, and put it in our orders by table number and it worked magnificantly. Food runners couldn't **** that up if servers put their orders in right. I'm the worst server, bro. I smoke. I NEVER ****ed up seat placement. And I did what I wanted, didn't work as hard as you, and made the most money in that place. Charisma. That's all it takes.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9368814)

Old Chicago's. Okay. Where does an Old Chicago's make $1 million a month? That's all I want to know.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-31-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

**** you. You would tip me 30% you ****.

Hootie 01-31-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368953)
ROFL This post inspired me to grab my computer. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS win over the cooks, and the manager of the cooks. ROFL ROFL ROFL I would talk about the other servers and managers getting some chorizo when they were being dumb shits. GREAT shit! LOL, too funny. I used to talk some mad mexican racist assed bullshit on those guys and they loved it. I mean they LOVED it! Because they knew me, and talked shit too. I briefly talked about this shit in another thread. Incredible. I really had no idea this was some kind of science that got you your way. LMAO Psychology dude. You're a natural.

Oh bro...they ****ing loved me...

I'd go back there and start telling them all how much dick I suck and then tell one of them I was going to lick his asshole (in Spanish, of course)...then I'd tell them to suck my big, white dick (pelame el pito blanco WAY!) and the shit talking would just never end...they had no idea if I was gay, if I was straight...if I had mental problems...they just ****ing loved it. I'd go back there and they'd make me whatever food I ****ing wanted and then when something went awry at my tables I'd come in screaming vulgar mexican and they'd fix whatever the **** I needed in 2 minutes or less.

It's literally the 2nd most important part of being a waiter. Learn the computer and how to do EVERYTHING...and then win over the Mexicans.

Hootie 01-31-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368979)
We wrote it up, and put it in our orders by table number and it worked magnificantly. Food runners couldn't **** that up if servers put their orders in right. I'm the worst server, bro. I smoke. I NEVER ****ed up seat placement. And I did what I wanted, didn't work as hard as you, and made the most money in that place. Charisma. That's all it takes.

two types of (male) servers that are good

the charismatic ones that are GREAT with guests, make them laugh, and are the lovable guys...

I worked with a guy named Hutch when I was 19...he was the funniest mother ****er in the world. Guests loved him. He'd have them rolling, he was so ****ing good...6'5" 450 lbs. HUGE mother ****er...but he was FANTASTIC with guests...wasn't really good at running his food, or getting refills, or turning tables...but the dude got SICK tips...he'd get 50% even 100% like clockwork...he was a legend.

or what I try to be...the polite, no bullshit, don't **** up your order, BE SUPER EFFICIENT, never let a glass get empty...I treated my job with a level of paranoia. If I made a mistake, ANY MISTAKE NO MATTER HOW SMALL...I dwelled on it and remembered it for WEEKS. I remember a specific time when I was 22...I don't write down orders for 6 or less...not to be cool, because it literally saves time and it's a better way to interact anyways...but to do this, you can't **** up...because guests are on edge when their "idiot" server doesn't write their shit down...they don't really like it all that much, honestly. But there would be times where I'd get triple, quadruple seated and I'd treat 4 3-5 tops like one big table basically...you pair your orders in 2 or 4 and just remember the order and modifications by face...I had it down...but like I said, you do this and YOU CAN'T **** up or they give you the "shoulda wrote that down!" bullshit.

well I remembered that I forgot to get this lady her cup of soup...but it was too late...they had gotten their app and their food was LITERALLY in the window...and I sat there and was like "****" because they ordered a SHIT TON of food with modifications and they gave me grief about not writing it down (they were super nice)...so I had to sweat out their whole damn meal being pissed off at myself...they pay, I change them up (I think this is the only time in my entire life I did this)...the dude walks over to me at the end and says "here you go man...tip's in there but don't think I'm THAT generous, you gave us $10 in change!" again...super NICE guy...

but ****! I felt like a dumb mother ****er there...I feel bad for the people in the industry that CONSTANTLY **** up...I tell you what, if I made mistakes on a day to day basis I wouldn't be able to hand it...I was having a mental breakdown because of 1 cup of soup and I still think about that situation TO THIS DAY and it was 5 ****ing years ago and probably 100,000 tables ago.

loochy 01-31-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9369031)
two types of (male) servers that are good

the charismatic ones that are GREAT with guests, make them laugh, and are the lovable guys...

I worked with a guy named Hutch when I was 19...he was the funniest mother ****er in the world. Guests loved him. He'd have them rolling, he was so ****ing good...6'5" 450 lbs. HUGE mother ****er...but he was FANTASTIC with guests...wasn't really good at running his food, or getting refills, or turning tables...but the dude got SICK tips...he'd get 50% even 100% like clockwork...he was a legend.

or what I try to be...the polite, no bullshit, don't **** up your order, BE SUPER EFFICIENT, never let a glass get empty...I treated my job with a level of paranoia. If I made a mistake, ANY MISTAKE NO MATTER HOW SMALL...I dwelled on it and remembered it for WEEKS. I remember a specific time when I was 22...I don't write down orders for 6 or less...not to be cool, because it literally saves time and it's a better way to interact anyways...but to do this, you can't **** up...because guests are on edge when their "idiot" server doesn't write their shit down...they don't really like it all that much, honestly. But there would be times where I'd get triple, quadruple seated and I'd treat 4 3-5 tops like one big table basically...you pair your orders in 2 or 4 and just remember the order and modifications by face...I had it down...but like I said, you do this and YOU CAN'T **** up or they give you the "shoulda wrote that down!" bullshit.

well I remembered that I forgot to get this lady her cup of soup...but it was too late...they had gotten their app and their food was LITERALLY in the window...and I sat there and was like "****" because they ordered a SHIT TON of food with modifications and they gave me grief about not writing it down (they were super nice)...so I had to sweat out their whole damn meal being pissed off at myself...they pay, I change them up (I think this is the only time in my entire life I did this)...the dude walks over to me at the end and says "here you go man...tip's in there but don't think I'm THAT generous, you gave us $10 in change!" again...super NICE guy...

but ****! I felt like a dumb mother ****er there...I feel bad for the people in the industry that CONSTANTLY **** up...I tell you what, if I made mistakes on a day to day basis I wouldn't be able to hand it...I was having a mental breakdown because of 1 cup of soup and I still think about that situation TO THIS DAY and it was 5 ****ing years ago and probably 100,000 tables ago.

lol let it go man