ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

Hootie 06-22-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9769605)
Haven't we been over this. Your opinion of other posters on this site means less than nothing.

but it's like

a year for a year?

that's the equivalent of someone betting someone $50 straight up that the Chiefs win the Super Bowl next year

it isn't a fair bet

we'll miss Clay

we won't miss you (or realize you're gone)

Hootie 06-22-2013 08:18 PM

sorry I'm a gambler

I look at all of the angles

I hate seeing terrible bets

Mav 06-22-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769608)
Meh. I understand them.

They want Aaron Rodgers. So do I.

Unfortunately they don't grow on trees. Naturally, we get the #1 pick when the QB class is the worst it has been in a decade.

Can't fault the new regime for getting Alex Smith though. Totally makes sense given what we had.

I was disappointed at first thinking Geno was better than he was...but when he fell to #39, at least I could admit I don't know everything.

So far the new regime is doing pretty well in my eyes.

I understand them as well. You would think now given like you said how the draft played out, how the first qb taken was NOT geno, and was infact Ej Manuel, that they would of understood, by now that they did the best they could. I agree, the draft class was terrible. If this had been the year before, of course they don't trade for Alex Smith, they would of drafted Andrew Luck, and who could of blamed them?

Mav 06-22-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769609)
but it's like

a year for a year?

that's the equivalent of someone betting someone $50 straight up that the Chiefs win the Super Bowl next year

it isn't a fair bet

we'll miss Clay

to be fair. No one would miss me either lol.

LoneWolf 06-22-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769609)
but it's like

a year for a year?

it isn't a fair bet

we'll miss Clay

You just called Clay a troll. I enjoy his videos, but if he's going to make statements in absolutes don't you think he should have the balls to stand behind them?

Mav 06-22-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9769614)
You just called Clay a troll. I enjoy his videos, but if he's going to make statements in absolutes don't you think he should have the balls to stand behind them?

you have to understand. Clay is like that Uncle that no one can stand, but would miss him if he didn't show up to the family reunion. I don't know your situation, so I wont comment, but you just have to understand, hes family, and love him or hate him, hes always going to be family.

Hootie 06-22-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9769614)

he is a ****ing troll and I think he's a TERRIBLE sports poster

but the work he does for Chiefs fans is legendary

he's the best IN SEASON Chiefs poster on the internet

not because of his takes, but because of his videos, his torrents, and his .gifs

Hammock Parties 06-22-2013 08:24 PM

I'll be accepting apologies as soon as Alex Myth loses Week 1 against the Jags.

The tears will flow...drowning the excuses...

Hootie 06-22-2013 08:24 PM

god damn I could go without ever hearing that TERRIBLE nickname

not creative, not witty

Hootie 06-22-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9769620)

Alex Smith isn't what is going to be the key to our success this year.

It's defense. Will our defense take the next step? How do we have all of this talent and why doesn't it translate to actual good defense?

If Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, so can Alex Smith. That much I know. We just need a defense with some actual HEART and an actual LEADER.

LoneWolf 06-22-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769617)
he is a ****ing troll and I think he's a TERRIBLE sports poster

but the work he does for Chiefs fans is legendary

he's the best IN SEASON Chiefs poster on the internet

not because of his takes, but because of his videos, his torrents, and his .gifs

I agree. The videos are awesome.

OK, I'll leave for a year and Clay leaves for an entire offseason.

Hootie 06-22-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9769630)
I agree. The videos are awesome.

OK, I'll leave for a year and Clay leaves for an entire offseason.

that's more like it

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769628)
Alex Smith isn't what is going to be the key to our success this year.

It's defense. Will our defense take the next step? How do we have all of this talent and why doesn't it translate to actual good defense?

If Joe Flacco can win a Super Bowl, so can Alex Smith. That much I know. We just need a defense with some actual HEART and an actual LEADER.

And you prize yourself for your football takes? Sweet Christ you are a ****ing idiot.

Hootie 06-22-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9769667)
And you prize yourself for your football takes? Sweet Christ you are a ****ing idiot.

Joe Flacco and Alex Smith are in the same tier.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769671)

:shake:

BigBeauford 06-22-2013 08:53 PM

Hasn't Joe Flacco gone to the post season every year since he has been drafted? And didn't he have an incredible post season this year?

ChiefAshhole20 06-22-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769671)

More like Schaub, Freeman, and Dalton.

Hootie 06-22-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9769682)
Hasn't Joe Flacco gone to the post season every year since he has been drafted? And didn't he have an incredible post season this year?

yeah because he's really carried them to said postseasons

he's played a few good games in the playoffs, I'll give him that

NOWHERE NEAR ELITE

Hootie 06-22-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9769687)
More like Schaub, Freeman, and Dalton.

Perhaps fair. I put Flacco in this category as well.

Flacco needs to have a PLUS regular season before I can elevate him. He has never had a single good regular season yet...

Sanchez had a few good postseason games, too. Flacco isn't going to have a defense that carries him to the postseason forever.

BigBeauford 06-22-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769692)
yeah because he's really carried them to said postseasons

he's played a few good games in the playoffs, I'll give him that

NOWHERE NEAR ELITE

While not elite, he keeps his team competitive, and makes tremendously big plays when needed.And since 2010, the teams have gone back and forth in defensive superiority in regards to totak yards given up and points per game given up. The onlg difference between the two has been superior qb play of Flacco. There is just no way they are the same tier.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769696)
Perhaps fair. I put Flacco in this category as well.

Flacco needs to have a PLUS regular season before I can elevate him. He has never had a single good regular season yet...

Sanchez had a few good postseason games, too. Flacco isn't going to have a defense that carries him to the postseason forever.

This is where your logic FAIL's you. NO ONE gives a flying ****(except you)about being great in the regular season.(See "Manning, Peyton" for more details)

Hootie 06-22-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9769708)
This is where your logic FAIL's you. NO ONE gives a flying ****(except you)about being great in the regular season.(See "Manning, Peyton" for more details)

he's incredibly lucky he landed on a Ravens team that has a coach and defense that carries him to these said playoffs

if he landed on the Jets rather than Sanchez...Flacco would be close to being out of the league.

How does this not register to you?

Hootie 06-22-2013 09:06 PM

you wanna know how clay's gospel (PFF) ranks Flacco?

Hint:

Not good.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769711)
he's incredibly lucky he landed on a Ravens team that has a coach and defense that carries him to these said playoffs

if he landed on the Jets rather than Sanchez...Flacco would be close to being out of the league.

How does this not register to you?

If he landed on the Jets, he would still be Flacco: hitting when it matters.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769713)
you wanna know how clay's gospel (PFF) ranks Flacco?

Hint:

Not good.

I care nothing for Clay's gospel, as said gospel makes Alex Smith "passable".

Hootie 06-22-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9769718)
If he landed on the Jets, he would still be Flacco: hitting when it matters.

he's hit when it matters in like 3 postseason games

the sample size is too small

and he's been consistently mediocre to awful in the regular season

and in the NFL, the regular season matters

he has the most laughable contract in the NFL

I know I willl be right about this.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769723)
he's hit when it matters in like 3 postseason games

the sample size is too small

and he's been consistently mediocre to awful in the regular season

and in the NFL, the regular season matters

he has the most laughable contract in the NFL

I know I willl be right about this.

Who do I want:

Prime era Rapelisburger or prime era Manning(Payton)?

Not even close:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/wwjinq.jpg

Hootie 06-22-2013 09:19 PM

To each their own. I have no issue with Roethlisberger...who is also really good in the regular season.

keg in kc 06-22-2013 09:21 PM

The Ravens d was 13th in points, 15th in sacks, 17th in yardage, 19th in INTs, 20th in ypc allowed, 29th in fumbles forced. That was not the 2000 Ravens d. They were the definition of average. They didn't carry anything.

BigBeauford 06-22-2013 09:26 PM

Alex Smiths best season was only marginally better than Flacco's worst season (his rookie year). No, they are not the same. Using the regular season as an arguing point in this is weak, Smith is equally mediocre.

BossChief 06-22-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769711)

that's just silly.

Flacco has a 2:1 td:int ratio in the regular season while consistently pushing the ball down the field...opening up the underneath stuff the offense thrives on.

Sanchez and Flacco were somewhat comparable in their first year or so...the difference is Joe kept progressing to the point of apex like this last playoff where he was dominant and ended up with the superbowl MVP trophy while Sanchez has regressed.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 09:34 PM

The good news is; we have an actual prospect in Bray. Maybe not the greatest prospect, and not my first choice for 2013, but a prospect nonetheless.

RunKC 06-22-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9769732)
The Ravens d was 13th in points, 15th in sacks, 17th in yardage, 19th in INTs, 20th in ypc allowed, 29th in fumbles forced. That was not the 2000 Ravens d. They were the definition of average. They didn't carry anything.

Flacco carried them, but their defense played a huge part in their SB run. They only allowed 18.5 PPG in the postseason, scored a TD and had three crucial plays to help them win games (Manning INT in OT, Pollard hit to force the fumble in NE and holding the 49ers on a crucial stand late in the game).

keg in kc 06-22-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9769756)
Flacco carried them, but their defense played a huge part in their SB run. They only allowed 18.5 PPG in the postseason, scored a TD and had three crucial plays to help them win games (Manning INT in OT, Pollard hit to force the fumble in NE and holding the 49ers on a crucial stand late in the game).

All true, but the point of the discussion was devaluing post-season performance. And I was simply pointing out that the Ravens defense was every bit as average as their offense during the season.

keg in kc 06-22-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9769755)
The good news is; we have an actual prospect in Bray. Maybe not the greatest prospect, and not my first choice for 2013, but a prospect nonetheless.

Yeah, it's a nice change. I never considered Stanzi one, which I know wasn't a popular view to a lot of folks. It's odd to consider an undrafted player a prospect, and he obviously scared off everybody with what's going on between his ears, but you can't deny the physical tools.

(I'm not expecting him to amount to anything though, at this point. He's got a lot to prove (and I don't mean to me).)

BossChief 06-22-2013 09:43 PM

1140 yards and 11 tds (with no picks) in their 4 game superbowl run played a larger role in winning the superbowl than their defense.

No question about it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9769772)
Yeah, it's a nice change. I never considered Stanzi one, which I know wasn't a popular view to a lot of folks. It's odd to consider an undrafted player a prospect, and he obviously scared off everybody with what's going on between his ears, but you can't deny the physical tools.

(I'm not expecting him to amount to anything though, at this point. He's got a lot to prove (and I don't mean to me).)

True. His work ethic over the next couple of seasons will make or break him. The future is there for the taking if he really wants it.

BigMeatballDave 06-23-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9769617)

This is the guy we like.

The other stuff, not so much.

BigMeatballDave 06-23-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9769620)

Apologies? LMAO

BigMeatballDave 06-23-2013 01:06 PM

No one should apologize for shit regardless of how this season goes.

How ****ing arrogant?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-23-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9770530)
No one should apologize for shit regardless of how this season goes.

How ****ing arrogant?

True. I will certainly apologize for nothing if Smith wins regular season games.

Mav 06-23-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9770939)
True. I will certainly apologize for nothing if Smith wins regular season games.

That was a given. Duh......No one is going to admit they were wrong. Which is fine by me.

Mav 06-23-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 9769705)
While not elite, he keeps his team competitive, and makes tremendously big plays when needed.And since 2010, the teams have gone back and forth in defensive superiority in regards to totak yards given up and points per game given up. The onlg difference between the two has been superior qb play of Flacco. There is just no way they are the same tier.

That describes Alex Smith to the LETTER. Good call.......
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 9769743)
Alex Smiths best season was only marginally better than Flacco's worst season (his rookie year). No, they are not the same. Using the regular season as an arguing point in this is weak, Smith is equally mediocre.

Smiths best year? He was 13-3, on a team that led the league in Time of poseesion, starting field position, opponents starting field position, and had a 17-5 td to INT ratio. That was his best year. Stats are irrelevant, unless we are talking wins, and unless you are going to include everything into the equation.

There was no way that Alex Smith could of had many more yards than he already had. He plays for a running coach, and when your defense forces 38 turnovers, and you have a plus 10 turnover ratio, and you play with the short field all the time, your qb isn't going to put up huge numbers. Did I mention that his head coach, and OC prefer to run the ball?

themanwithnoname 06-23-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9771172)
That describes Alex Smith to the LETTER. Good call.......

Smiths best year? He was 13-3, on a team that led the league in Time of poseesion, starting field position, opponents starting field position, and had a 17-5 td to INT ratio. That was his best year. Stats are irrelevant, unless we are talking wins, and unless you are going to include everything into the equation.

There was no way that Alex Smith could of had many more yards than he already had. He plays for a running coach, and when your defense forces 38 turnovers, and you have a plus 10 turnover ratio, and you play with the short field all the time, your qb isn't going to put up huge numbers. Did I mention that his head coach, and OC prefer to run the ball?

They ran the ball because of the limitations in their QB.

ChiefAshhole20 06-23-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 9771292)

Or because of the best run blocking o-line in the league to go with a top Defense and quality RB.

Marcellus 06-23-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9769775)
1140 yards and 11 tds (with no picks) in their 4 game superbowl run played a larger role in winning the superbowl than their defense.

No question about it.

There is no question, just like there is no question that up until that 3 game stretch he had played pretty average his entire career. Mainly due to inconsistency.

He had multiple playoff wins with a 30 QBR or so average but was bailed out by defense and a good running game and early in this season he was sucking so bad most everyone thought he had ****ed up not taking the deal from the Ravens.

The question is which guy are they going to get moving forward and I personally think they ****ed up giving him that huge contract. Especially since Boldin making ridiculous circus catches the whole playoffs was the reason Flacco won.

That and blown coverage by the Broncos which had that not happened nobody would be discussing how badass Flacco is right now.

Hootie 06-23-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9771312)
There is no question, just like there is no question that up until that 3 game stretch he had played pretty average his entire career. Mainly due to inconsistency.

He had multiple playoff wins with a 30 QBR or so average but was bailed out by defense and a good running game and early in this season he was sucking so bad most everyone thought he had ****ed up not taking the deal from the Ravens.

The question is which guy are they going to get moving forward and I personally think they ****ed up giving him that huge contract. Especially since Boldin making ridiculous circus catches the whole playoffs was the reason Flacco won.

That and blown coverage by the Broncos which had that not happened nobody would be discussing how badass Flacco is right now.

Rahim Moore got Joe Flacco paid. Plain and simple.

Joe Flacco isn't elite. Will the Super Bowl 'hangover' provide the swagger he needs to take that step? We'll see.

If he turns in another typical Joe Flacco regular season he is what he is. I am putting my money on Joe Flacco being Joe Flacco. An inconsistent, middle of the pack QB.

Hammock Parties 06-23-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9771319)
I am putting my money on Joe Flacco being Joe Flacco. An inconsistent, middle of the pack QB.

Who can make all the throws...

Alex Smith can't.

And that's what separates them.

BossChief 06-23-2013 07:11 PM

How many quarterbacks have had more wins (regular season or playoffs) since Joe Flacco was drafted?

Say what you want, the guy is a winner and finds ways to get it done.

Jakemall 06-23-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9771328)

Alex Smith can't.

Exactly what throw is it that Alex can't make?

Hootie 06-23-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Alex Smith can't.

Maybe. A big arm is a plus...but I still take accuracy over a big arm. Props to those who have both.

Flacco can look really good one week...and the next week he'll look like he's the worst starting QB in the NFL.

He has zero consistency. I think his playoff run was a fluke. A fluke that shouldn't have happened had Rahim Moore not made the biggest blunder in playoff history.

I've watched enough of Joe Flacco to realize he's not elite.

Hammock Parties 06-23-2013 07:27 PM

His playoff run the year before was just as good, so it wasn't a fluke.

Alex Smith will NEVER do what Flacco did the last two postseasons.

mcaj22 06-23-2013 07:29 PM

if Alex Smith was in the same tier as Joe Flacco I'd be really excited about this upcoming season

but alas he is not, so I am not excited about this upcoming season.

Hootie 06-23-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9771362)
if Alex Smith was in the same tier as Joe Flacco I'd be really excited about this upcoming season

but alas he is not, so I am not excited about this upcoming season.

I'd be just as excited. Because they are the same ****ing average QB.

Hootie 06-23-2013 07:38 PM

by the way

his "stellar" postseason of 2011 featured QBR games of 18 and 43.

He had a good 4th quarter against a TERRIBLE Patriots defense. Which made his 'up until then' terrible game a somewhat ok game.

Joe Flacco made nice throws this postseason. He was also the beneficiary of Rahim Moore and the Patriots offense shitting all over themselves in 3rd and short situations in the 1st half.

He played a good 1st half in the Super Bowl and disappeared in the 2nd half...49ers score at the end there and instead of being ELITE JOE FLACCO he's a choker according to this board because he choked an 'insurmountable' lead.

Coogs 06-23-2013 07:43 PM

Nothing against Flacco, but he under threw Jacoby Jones against the Bronco's and again against the 49ers on TD plays in each game.

themanwithnoname 06-23-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9771300)
Or because of the best run blocking o-line in the league to go with a top Defense and quality RB.

Its not like he had crap for that prior to 2011 and yet oddly he totally sucked. But yeah that explains why Smith got benched for a 2nd year QB who had never started a game. Or why they had tried desperately to dump him multiple times, including for a broke-neck QB they didn't even know would be able to play.

It wasn't until the coach limited what Smith could do and basically took the game out of his hands that the team had success.

Hootie 06-23-2013 07:54 PM

so Alex Smith sucks and his only success was because of his supporting cast

fine

but now lets apply that same theory to Joe Flacco

Joe Flacco did not get his team to the playoffs the last two years...they got there DESPITE Joe Flacco...

and before this postseason, he hadn't done anything different in previous postseasons besides a decent game here and there

if you were to ask me to name my league average QB...the guy right in the middle of elite and Sanchez

Flacco or Smith would be my answer.

themanwithnoname 06-23-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9771391)
by the way

his "stellar" postseason of 2011 featured QBR games of 18 and 43.

He had a good 4th quarter against a TERRIBLE Patriots defense. Which made his 'up until then' terrible game a somewhat ok game.

Joe Flacco made nice throws this postseason. He was also the beneficiary of Rahim Moore and the Patriots offense shitting all over themselves in 3rd and short situations in the 1st half.

He played a good 1st half in the Super Bowl and disappeared in the 2nd half...49ers score at the end there and instead of being ELITE JOE FLACCO he's a choker according to this board because he choked an 'insurmountable' lead.

I do think Flacco is overrated and definitely overpaid now, but he has shown progress. I'd compare it to Eli and Roethlisberger. They were both really uneven and often times downright horrible for a few years, but then they solidified into good QBs. That's what I expect Flacco is turning into, he's more consistently good with time. I don't think that's quite elite, and they need a very good team around them to accomplish it, but they've proven they can win Super Bowls with that.

themanwithnoname 06-23-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9771477)
so Alex Smith sucks and his only success was because of his supporting cast

fine

but now lets apply that same theory to Joe Flacco

Joe Flacco did not get his team to the playoffs the last two years...they got there DESPITE Joe Flacco...

and before this postseason, he hadn't done anything different in previous postseasons besides a decent game here and there

if you were to ask me to name my league average QB...the guy right in the middle of elite and Sanchez

Flacco or Smith would be my answer.

No they didn't because Flacco carried them some and then the team carried him some. Only time I can recall Smith even appearing to carry the team was a couple of late drives against that horrible Saints defense.

Even if you don't like Flacco, I don't see any way you could seriously compare him to Alex Smith and conclude they're basically even. They're not even close.

Mav 06-24-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Alex Smith can't.

I really want to see this cant make all the throws video you have.

There isn't a throw that Alex Smith cant make. Can he make them with the Velocity of Flacco, or Kaepernick? No, but he can certainly make every throw that is necessary, especially with the Chiefs not having that true home run threat. Kinda like San Fran didn't have either. But he sure could find Vernon davis anywhere on the field, who by the way, if you didn't know, was the closest thing the 49ers had to a home run threat.

Mav 06-24-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 9771292)

Or because even when Kaepernick was the qb, they ran more then they threw. Or because with Alex Smith, they had the number one rushing attack in football. Your choice.......
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9771300)

Now now, there is no reason to throw facts in his face. They just get in the way of his myopic view......
Quote:

Originally Posted by unnecessary drama (Post 9771319)
Rahim Moore got Joe Flacco paid. Plain and simple.

Joe Flacco isn't elite. Will the Super Bowl 'hangover' provide the swagger he needs to take that step? We'll see.

If he turns in another typical Joe Flacco regular season he is what he is. I am putting my money on Joe Flacco being Joe Flacco. An inconsistent, middle of the pack QB.

That, and Pitta, and Boldin had the ability to go up and get anything, even with multiple defenders around him. Gonna be really interesting to see flacco without his safety net in Boldin.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9771358)
His playoff run the year before was just as good, so it wasn't a fluke.

Alex Smith will NEVER do what Flacco did the last two postseasons.

Except, he did. He made all of the crucial plays in his playoff games that Flacco did. He did it against the saints, and against the giants, when he had to, he converted. And don't give me the third down bullshit. Not every big play happens on third down. But he was able to find Vernon davis to give the niners the win against the saints, the lead against the giants, and move the team into fg position when he had to, to get the game to over time. Joe Flacco had the guts to make the throws, but it was his teammates more than anything that helped him out.

keg in kc 06-24-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9772203)
There isn't a throw that Alex Smith cant make. Can he make them with the Velocity of Flacco, or Kaepernick? No

You're contradicting yourself. The fact that he doesn't have the velocity is the very reason he can't make certain throws. Without the requisite arm strength, anything he attempts long into a tight space (read: regular NFL QB window) is just a PD or INT waiting to happen. Hence he can't make those throws. He's limited.

(And don't forget that "long" does not necessarily even mean "deep".)

el borracho 06-24-2013 09:53 AM

Over 1900 posts in four months all on Alex Smith? Why so very interested in such a mediocre talent, now playing for a different team?

crazycoffey 06-24-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9769755)

You mean project....

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-24-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9772266)
You mean project....

A legit project. At this point in miserable Chiefs QB history, I will gladly take it.

Mav 06-24-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9772226)
You're contradicting yourself. The fact that he doesn't have the velocity is the very reason he can't make certain throws. Without the requisite arm strength, anything he attempts long into a tight space (read: regular NFL QB window) is just a PD or INT waiting to happen. Hence he can't make those throws. He's limited.

(And don't forget that "long" does not necessarily even mean "deep".)

Right. Because as we all know, that drew brees, because he doesn't have superior arm strength, cant make every throw. Uhhhh, wait, he can. So, no, I didn't contradict myself. And yes, Alex Smith, can make every throw needed on the football field. He just cant laser point it 50 yards like Kaep, or Flacco. His would have more loft, and he would have to throw it sooner. That's all it means. But, he can make every throw.
Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9772234)
Over 1900 posts in four months all on Alex Smith? Why so very interested in such a mediocre talent, now playing for a different team?

Absolutely. Because im not in other threads, you know like the leach bishop thread where im talking about, you know, leach and bishop, or im not in the media center talking about video games, and movies. Nope, every single one of my posts, are all about Alex Smith. You got me.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-24-2013 11:59 AM

In other vomit-inducing news:

Some jerkoff at Drink Bleach Report has written a lovely piece speculating that Smith will be our "Brees".

Ya' right.

Mav 06-24-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9772504)
In other vomit-inducing news:

Some jerkoff at Drink Bleach Report has written a lovely piece speculating that Smith will be our "Brees".

Ya' right.

that would be the worst case scenario for you guys. a guy that experienced his best year as a qb, then leaving because of the franchise drafted qb taking over, and he goes on to make a football city relevant again. That would suck ass for you......

If you are wondering, the reference I just made, was Drew Brees, being replaced by Rivers, and making the Saints who were pretty much a laughing stock before Sean Payton, and Drew Brees, made them relevant again.

Now, that's not going to happen to that degree with Alex Smith, but It is an intriguing thought......

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-24-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9772517)
that would be the worst case scenario for you guys. a guy that experienced his best year as a qb, then leaving because of the franchise drafted qb taking over, and he goes on to make a football city relevant again. That would suck ass for you......

If you are wondering, the reference I just made, was Drew Brees, being replaced by Rivers, and making the Saints who were pretty much a laughing stock before Sean Payton, and Drew Brees, made them relevant again.

Now, that's not going to happen to that degree with Alex Smith, but It is an intriguing thought......

Stop being such a girl. If Alex Smith is Drew Brees, then I am Derrick Thomas.

BigMeatballDave 06-24-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9772304)
A legit project. At this point in miserable Chiefs QB history, I will gladly take it.

There's no such thing as a 'legit project'.

That is why it's called a 'project'.

Mav 06-24-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9772521)
Stop being such a girl. If Alex Smith is Drew Brees, then I am Derrick Thomas.

learn how to read. Very last sentence of the comment.

Alex Smith is NOT Drew Brees, but it was an intriguing thought. Okay snookems?

Mav 06-24-2013 12:18 PM

[QUOTE=Maverick91579;9772517]that would be the worst case scenario for you guys. a guy that experienced his best year as a qb, then leaving because of the franchise drafted qb taking over, and he goes on to make a football city relevant again. That would suck ass for you......

Now, that's not going to happen to that degree with Alex Smith, but It is an intriguing thought......[/
QUOTE]

Just so you know what im talking about. Im fully aware that Alex Smith, is not, nor ever will be DREW BREES. Okay?

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-24-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9772545)
There's no such thing as a 'legit project'.

That is why it's called a 'project'.

Damn you are a reerun, Dave.

BigMeatballDave 06-24-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9772549)
Damn you are a reerun, Dave.

Pot, meet kettle.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-24-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9772563)
Lil', meet Chiefy.

:fire:

mcaj22 06-24-2013 12:31 PM

Alex Smith would be closer to Rich Gannon/Trent Green than anything Drew Brees.

Drew Brees can single handed win games by himself. Alex Smith will never, ever be able to do that.

What Alex Smith can do is hopefully put up good efficient stats, like Green and Gannon did late into their careers.

Only different is Alex Smith is a #1 overall pick who you can argue is a draft bust at this point in his career until he proves otherwise.

Mav 06-24-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9772577)
Alex Smith would be closer to Rich Gannon/Trent Green than anything Drew Brees.

Drew Brees can single handed win games by himself. Alex Smith will never, ever be able to do that.

What Alex Smith can do is hopefully put up good efficient stats, like Green and Gannon did late into their careers.

Only different is Alex Smith is a #1 overall pick who you can argue is a draft bust at this point in his career until he proves otherwise.

Rich Gannon, was the MVP of the entire league dude. People shit on this guy like he was a game manager. He was a BEAST lol......

And no, no one associates the word bust with Alex Smith anymore. Obviously not worthy of the number one overall pick, but no where near a bust. He will be remembered as a guy drafted too high, but was efficient enough to remain a starter in the league. But lets not group him in with Joey Harrington, David Carr, Jamarcus Russell, or Ryan Leaf, he is not that type of bust qb.

Hell, I would even say that Sam Bradford is closer to being a bust than Alex Smith.

mcaj22 06-24-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9772595)
Rich Gannon, was the MVP of the entire league dude. People shit on this guy like he was a game manager. He was a BEAST lol......

And no, no one associates the word bust with Alex Smith anymore. Obviously not worthy of the number one overall pick, but no where near a bust. He will be remembered as a guy drafted too high, but was efficient enough to remain a starter in the league. But lets not group him in with Joey Harrington, David Carr, Jamarcus Russell, or Ryan Leaf, he is not that type of bust qb.

Hell, I would even say that Sam Bradford is closer to being a bust than Alex Smith.

Rich Gannon walked into a team with Jon Gruden players + a stable offensive system already in place under Bill Callahan. There wasnt a revolving door of offensive schemes and there was so much talent on that Raiders team in that small window they had no reason NOT to win the Super Bowl.

You are talking about a team with Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Bill Romanowski, etc

Those Gannon Raiders teams were ****ing stacked so I guess so he was able to be the MVP of an entire league playing with Hall of Famers on both sides of the ball.

Drew Brees and Sean Peyton went to a dying franchise that just got butt ****ed by a hurricane and rebuilt that team from scratch. That team had no talent no hall of famers no schemes no coaching no stability before those two arrived and did what they are doing.

That's why Alex Smith is similar to Gannon, Alex Smith is walking into a team with a stable offensive scheme (Andy Reid and friends), other people's talent (Herm's draft picks and Scooter Pioli's 2 good players in 4 years), and we are hoping he can use that talent around him and put something together statistically. He's coming into a team that had SIX pro bowlers last year. It's not like Drew Brees going into a team that had nobody. The team around him will be good enough to carry Alex Smith to a statistically good season(s). Like the team and offense was able to make Rich Gannon look like a God for 3 years.

Drew Brees actually carries the Saints, by himself most of the time because his defense the last few years has been one of the worst in the league, even when they won the super bowl that defense was not that good and they got by on Darren Sharpers silly end of his career season where a bunch of balls bounced his way for a lot of turnovers which masked their actual awful defensive coverage.

Mav 06-24-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9772761)
Rich Gannon walked into a team with Jon Gruden players + a stable offensive system already in place under Bill Callahan. There wasnt a revolving door of offensive schemes and there was so much talent on that Raiders team in that small window they had no reason NOT to win the Super Bowl.

You are talking about a team with Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Bill Romanowski, etc

Those Gannon Raiders teams were ****ing stacked so I guess so he was able to be the MVP of an entire league playing with Hall of Famers on both sides of the ball.

Drew Brees and Sean Peyton went to a dying franchise that just got butt ****ed by a hurricane and rebuilt that team from scratch. That team had no talent no hall of famers no schemes no coaching no stability before those two arrived and did what they are doing.

That's why Alex Smith is similar to Gannon, Alex Smith is walking into a team with a stable offensive scheme (Andy Reid and friends), other people's talent (Herm's draft picks and Scooter Pioli's 2 good players in 4 years), and we are hoping he can use that talent around him and put something together statistically. He's coming into a team that had SIX pro bowlers last year. It's not like Drew Brees going into a team that had nobody. The team around him will be good enough to carry Alex Smith to a statistically good season(s). Like the team and offense was able to make Rich Gannon look like a God for 3 years.

Drew Brees actually carries the Saints, by himself most of the time because his defense the last few years has been one of the worst in the league, even when they won the super bowl that defense was not that good and they got by on Darren Sharpers silly end of his career season where a bunch of balls bounced his way for a lot of turnovers which masked their actual awful defensive coverage.

That's a fair statement by you. Although, having the second pick in the draft and not having to use it on a qb, because you signed drew brees, and being able to take reggie bush was a big help. But I get your point....