ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

SAUTO 12-16-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10285537)
FTR I expect him to win a PO game too

we all should.

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10285527)
But you're saying that no matter how Smith plays if he loses to another good QB you are going to label him a loser?

I'm not going to "label" him anything. I'm pointing out the double standard on this board.

People are already setting up conditions for a potential loss, when they refuse to do the same for any other QB.

beach tribe 12-16-2013 08:33 PM

OTWP.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative.
I just have a hard time shitting on AS if he plays well and loses in the POs

And I'm not one of the guys who have attacked the likes of Ryan and such.

I'm aware that when you are in the POs you are playing quality teams and the any given Sunday theme gets even more real.

ChiefsCountry 12-16-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10285547)
I'm not going to "label" him anything. I'm pointing out the double standard on this board.

People are already setting up conditions for a potential loss.

Succopp
Receivers
Offensive Line
Defense
Special Teams

One of those will be the excuse.

beach tribe 12-16-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

People are already setting up conditions for a potential loss, when they refuse to do the same for any other QB.

Gotcha.

Label. Lol.

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10285545)
we all should.

Exactly. But instead, people are already setting conditions on how we might lose.

Meanwhile, in another thread, Tony Romo is getting crucified for his defense giving up 37 points - 34 in the 2nd half alone - on 5 drives, 3 of which were 80 yards, one set up by a punt return.

The Dallas defense gave up 28 points on 3 80-yard drives before Romo threw the "difference making" INT.

Yet Romo is taking all the blame.

beach tribe 12-16-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10285570)
Succopp
Receivers
Offensive Line
Defense
Special Teams

One of those will be the excuse.

What will it be when he wins?

Defense?
STs
Jamaal Charles?

mschiefs1984 12-16-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

I will never understand why people always put things on the QB. I get it QB is the most important spot in the game of football. But that means every one gets a hall pass it makes no sense.

If Alex plays like crap in the playoffs I will be upset with him. If Alex plays like a Manning playoff game puts up points but yet still manages to throw a late costly pick. I will still be upset with Alex. But if we see a repeat of the Chargers game and Alex throws a big TD pass late in the game and the defense blows it I don't see how anyone could be upset with Alex. Was the 03 playoff game on Trent? I'm the same way with every QB.

beach tribe 12-16-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10285581)
Exactly. But instead, people are already setting conditions on how we might lose.

Meanwhile, in another thread, Tony Romo is getting crucified for his defense giving up 37 points - 34 in the 2nd half alone - on 5 drives, 3 of which were 80 yards, one set up by a punt return.

The Dallas defense gave up 28 points on 3 80-yard drives before Romo threw the "difference making" INT.

Just like there are those here who blame Alex for not winning against SD and Denver.
He played good enough to win but it is still laid at his feet.

The double standard goes both ways for sure.

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10285557)
OTWP.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative.
I just have a hard time shitting on AS if he plays well and loses in the POs

And I'm not one of the guys who have attacked the likes of Ryan and such.

I'm aware that when you are in the POs you are playing quality teams and the any given Sunday theme gets even more real.

I think one of the disconnects is the definition of "plays well".

We've been subject to so much shitty QB play over the last 5 years that not turning the ball over means he "played well" to some people.

There was nothing extraordinary about his performance yesterday, and he said as much to the media.

Yet some folks here think that it's proof he's something more than what we all know he is - a mostly average, sometime above average QB.

O.city 12-16-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Who is setting up these conditions?

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10285598)
Just like there are those here who blame Alex for not winning against SD and Denver.
He played good enough to win but it is still laid at his feet.

The double standard goes both ways for sure.

Well, there's that definition of "good enough".

I don't think disappearing for two quarters like he did against Denver is "good enough".

beach tribe 12-16-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10285606)
Well, there's that definition of "good enough".

I don't think disappearing for two quarters like he did against Denver is "good enough".

Neither is throwing a pick with the game on the line:/

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10285614)
Neither is throwing a pick with the game on the line:/

Is throwing an INT really any worse than skipping a WR screen off Jenkins' shoetops on 3rd down, or being late to decide to throw on 4th down at the end Denver game?

The result is the same.

Marcellus 12-16-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Where is this happening?