ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Star Wars: The Old Republic (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204523)

Fish 11-10-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8097310)
But.... hunting pheasant is awesome. Thats like saying, "Damn, I won tickets to the Superbowl, but I already had arrangements to party with super models."

Ohh I know. I'm much more excited to go hunting. But still, I've been waiting for months for the chance to play the beta, and now it comes on the one weekend when I won't set foot in my house. I'm just frustrated that I won't have a chance to do both..

allen_kcCard 11-11-2011 01:28 PM

Who folks get on that are weekend testers, post what server you pick, and your info like class and stuff. Maybe we can all get on the same ones.

I'll be on the road at 5, but will be on later in the evening for sure.

Huffmeister 11-11-2011 01:34 PM

Looks like we'll all get a chance to play later this month :)

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111111-0

Quote:

When we started our Beta Testing Weekends, we told you that each weekend would include more testers than the last. We’re excited to announce that later this month we will be conducting our largest Beta Testing Weekend yet, specifically designed to help us stress test our servers in preparation for the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

How can you take part in this coming Beta Test Weekend? Well, for starters we are happy to announce that anyone who has signed up for our Game Testing Program prior to today, November 11th, will get invited! Invites will be sent in the coming weeks.
I just hope that "anyone" includes people who have already tested. And I suspected that they would have a massive test over Thanksgiving weekend. The test weekend that I was part of was done over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend (Oct 7 - 10).

keg in kc 11-11-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Reid
I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic. Will I get invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes, you will. Every person that is signed up and opted in for Game Testing before November 11th will be invited to this [final, upcoming...] Beta Testing Weekend.

Cool.

keg in kc 11-11-2011 02:07 PM

I'll give you guys the same advice I just gave another friend of mine. When you get to server selection today, think about picking one from down the list, instead of one of the ones at the top. At this point, lower population equals more stability and less lag, and in my experience, people tend to migrate towards the first few servers on the list, usually the one with the coolest-sounding name.

Your mileage may vary of course...

Huffmeister 11-11-2011 03:01 PM

Woot! Just got my invite. It doesn't give a time frame, though. Trying to check the official site, but it's bogged down at the moment (I wonder why :p ).

keg in kc 11-11-2011 03:27 PM

Yeah, everybody got their invites. Or their warning that they'll get an invite eventually.

I really hope it's not next weekend. I have family in town Friday through Thanksgiving.

MoreLemonPledge 11-11-2011 04:23 PM

Trying to snag a beta invite. I'd love to give it a try. I stopped playing WoW with Cataclysm.

duncan_idaho 11-11-2011 04:28 PM

I had to turn down an invite to test this weekend... going to be out of town/away from the computer.

This is still a closed OS game, right (windows only?). I've got the specs to run boot camp and operate it from my Windows 7 enviro, but I'm not sure how that will work.

keg in kc 11-11-2011 04:42 PM

I can't speak to it directly, but the devs have maintained for months that it runs fine in boot camp.

keg in kc 11-11-2011 05:05 PM

Have fun you crazy kids.

Barret 11-11-2011 07:26 PM

Well I picked the wrong server to start off with. It had a wait queue of 2222. So its like ok there are other servers so let me back out of this and try something else. No it is posted now that it will try to go to the server you first picked and then you can choose another server.

So I have been sitting here looking at "Star Wars: The Old Republic" screen waiting to get in since 5:45pm today.

Wheee!!!!

keg in kc 11-11-2011 07:29 PM

Putting the stress back into 'stress testing'.

Have you tried the "unplug the internet right after you press play and then plug it back in when you get to the server select screen" trick?

keg in kc 11-11-2011 08:26 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TwNoJpY0R6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

allen_kcCard 11-13-2011 05:03 PM

Weekend test over already?

Just got home from out of town and the launcher doesn't have an actuve Play button for me here. Was able to play it from my brothers yesterday and Friday, so not sure if they only let me login from one IP, or if something else is going on.

Bah, nvm...I see now:

**UPDATE 11/13, 12:40PM CST (18:40 London, 19:40 Paris/Berlin): Tonight's downtime at 5:00PM CST (23:00 London, 00:00 Paris/Berlin) has been shortened! The servers will now be available again at 6:00PM CST (0:00 London, 01:00 Paris/Berlin).