ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8498729)
They'd better do something to stop their declining enrollment.
Http://www.news.ku.edu/2011/september/27/enroll.shtml

Meanwhile Mizzou keeps setting records for enrollment and is planning a massive project to increase the football stadium's capacity.

KU set an attendance record less than 5 years ago. It's hard to go anywhere but down when you're on top.

Maybe there is a school out there that has never had enrollment decline?

Seems pretty tough to do when you set attendance records and then those students graduate.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498747)
KU set an attendance record less than 5 years ago. It's hard to go anywhere but down when you're on top.

Maybe there is a school out there that has never had enrollment decline?

Seems pretty tough to do when you set attendance records and then those students graduate.

Theoretically, those graduating students are replaced by incoming Freshmen. Of course, theoretically, you build off the success of your best ever football season and keep churning out winning teams.

qabbaan 03-28-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498747)

I for one am shocked that a bottom feeder who had a successful year in football set an attendance record for football that year.

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8498760)
Theoretically, those graduating students are replaced by incoming Freshmen. Of course, theoretically, you build off the success of your best ever football season and keep churning out winning teams.

It appears KU took a couple years off to get back to another Final Four.

I wouldn't worry yourself regarding the football team.

From what people are saying it is in very good hands.

Frazod 03-28-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498702)
You're still thinking about that?

That's too bad. I'm concentrating on winning another Championship this weekend.

Move on bro.

No, douche, you're the one who keeps touting every BCS team as if they had to slay some mythical beast to get in. Some deserve to be there. Some, like West Virginia, took advantage of a ridiculously weak conference to get in year after year. Some, like Kansas, rode a ridiculously weak fluke schedule to get in once.

Take the 2007 Illinois team. First off, it's actually somewhat insulting to Illinois to compare them to Kansas, since Illinois actually beat a couple of really good teams during the course of their season, but they were both BCS teams that lost to Missouri on neutral fields, so there is that. Illinois went to the Rose Bowl and played USC. They got slaughtered. Kansas went to the Orange Bowl and played the Chokies. Sucks for Illinois that they had to play a real team, eh?

Codered 03-28-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498772)

You better hope so with the additions of the historic powerhouses the Big 12 added!

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498784)
No, douche, you're the one who keeps touting every BCS team as if they had to slay some mythical beast to get in. Some deserve to be there. Some, like West Virginia, took advantage of a ridiculously weak conference to get in year after year. Some, like Kansas, rode a ridiculously weak fluke schedule to get in once.

Take the 2007 Illinois team. First off, it's actually somewhat insulting to Illinois to compare them to Kansas, since Illinois actually beat a couple of really good teams during the course of their season, but they were both BCS teams that lost to Missouri on neutral fields, so there is that. Illinois went to the Rose Bowl and played USC. They got slaughtered. Kansas went to the Orange Bowl and played the Chokies. Sucks for Illinois that they had to play a real team, eh?

KU and WVU are 4-0 in the BCS.

Why do you keep bringing it up? It's over. No big deal. Time for Championship Weekend.

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 8498810)
You better hope so with the additions of the historic powerhouses the Big 12 added!

I've stated many times that with the addition of WVU and TCU over MU and Texas A&M that football just got much more difficult for KU.

There's no hiding that fact.

kcchiefsus 03-28-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498772)

People often say a lot of stupid shit. Kansas is still likely the least talented team in the Big 12, only POSSIBLY ahead of Iowa State. Your fatass head coach has shown nothing but mediocrity at the college level despite the unlimited resources at his disposal at Notre Dame and Florida. At a crap program like Kansas, he's ****ed.

Frazod 03-28-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498824)
KU and WVU are 4-0 in the BCS.

Why do you keep bringing it up? It's over. No big deal. Time for Championship Weekend.

Just trying to make you understand that all BCS teams are not created equal. Some are really good. Some are Kansas and West Virginia.

ArrowheadHawk 03-28-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498836)
Just trying to make you understand that all BCS teams are not created equal. Some are really good. Some are Kansas and West Virginia.

You still not over this Frazod?

Pants 03-28-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498836)

And some are not BCS teams at all.

(sorry, I had to)

:evil:

Bambi 03-28-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8498879)
And some are not BCS teams at all.

(sorry, I had to)

:evil:

ROFL

classic

Frazod 03-28-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8498878)
You still not over this Frazod?

As long as your pet reerun continues to treat backing into a BCS game like winning the Super Bowl, I'll continue to call him on it.

Bambi 03-28-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498916)
As long as your pet reerun continues to treat backing into a BCS game like winning the Super Bowl, I'll continue to call him on it.

I never brought up KU you ****ing moron.

This was about WVU's 3-0 BCS record.

Which year should we look to when they got in unfairly?

Which win?

GTFO already, you ****ing trashbag.