ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9780793)
Matt Cassel didn't even get a chance to play until 2008 and had as good of a year as Alex ever has.

Eerily similar.

Almost like it's fate.

The difference is that Matt Cassel had one good season in KC and immediately descended into a downward spiral, never to recover.

Once Alex Smith had a decent line, average to above average play calling and coaching, his game has only ascended.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-27-2013 09:03 PM

"Prodded by a cattle prod, Alex Smith has decided to take it up the ass from opposing defenses in 2013"!

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780805)
The difference is that Matt Cassel had one good season in KC and immediately descended into a downward spiral, never to recover.

Once Alex Smith had a decent line, average to above average play calling and coaching, his game has only ascended.

When Cassel and Alex had good teams around them, they won games.

When they didn't, they did not.

Very similar in that regard.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780773)
Homer? No. I couldn't care less if we were discussing the starting QB of the Arizona Cardinals.

You have continually misrepresented stats while conveniently avoid reporting others from your precious PFF because it doesn't fit your false narrative.

With Geno Smith failing like a lead brick I the draft, you've had no other way to call attention to yourself, so you've created this nonsensical false narrative about Alex Smith.

But hey, at least we're discussing football, so I'll give you credit in that regard.

The facts are the facts, Dane-o.

When we lose games this year because Alex:

1. Cannot throw the ball down the field.

2. Sucks on third down.

3. Takes too many sacks.

I am going to throw it back in your ****ing face and laugh.

mcaj22 06-27-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780780)
Please name Smith's wide receivers in San Fran. Then name the wide receivers in Green Bay and tell me they're equal.

Thanks in advance.

Please name the RB or TE in Green Bay

and then name the RB and TE in San Fran.

and tell me they're equal. Thanks

BossChief 06-27-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780805)

Every excuse you have used in regards to Alex Smith is the same EXACT shit that was said about Cassel when we traded for him.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9780816)
Every excuse you have used in regards to Alex Smith is the same EXACT shit that was said about Cassel when we traded for him.

It's really scary.

People will stroke off anything with a red helmet.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780812)

Again, this is a false narrative.

Matt Cassel had more offensive weapons in 2012 than Smith, yet he was awful. Actually, awful doesn't even begin to describe it.

In 2011, before the injury to Charles, the Chiefs were awful as well. The blame didn't lie with the loss of Moeaki, it was due to the fact that Cassel was a talentless hack.

mcaj22 06-27-2013 09:13 PM

49ers offensive line decent

laughs

that o-line is top 3 maybe even the best in the league. They have 3 first round picks and FOUR pro bowlers on that starting line. And they're decent. Right cause its the talent around Alex Smith's fault always and not his.

Our offensive line is ****ing terrible and inexperienced compared to theirs and if he took that many sacks behind that line, hes going to take a **** load behind the inexperienced line we put out there this year

BossChief 06-27-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780812)

That's because they don't have an ability level that can carry their respective team and will it to victory.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 09:14 PM

And yet that "talentless hack" was able to fool people in 2010. With less talent. The Chiefs literally had complete dogshit at WR that year beyond Bowe.

So it has been with Alex Smith.

He's fooled you.

Tribal Warfare 06-27-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9780826)
49ers offensive line decent

laughs

that o-line is top 3 maybe even the best in the league. They have 3 first round picks and FOUR pro bowlers on that starting line. And they're decent. Right cause its the talent around Alex Smith's fault always and not his.

Our offensive line is ****ing terrible and inexperienced compared to theirs and if he took that many sacks behind that line, hes going to take a **** load behind the inexperienced line we put out there this year

Like how Cassel was exempt from his mistakes also

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Number one, I'm not making excuses for anyone. I'm pointing out the glaring flaws in GoChiefs false narrative.

Number two, the situations are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

Different players, different coaches, different teams, different abilities.

TheUte 06-27-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

There are no excuses.

You are guys are complaining about a guy who has yet to take a snap for the Chiefs.

Let him be a completely worthless QB then bitch all you want and run him outta town. That's fair. But damn let do dude play a down even if only in pre-season.

The fact is if you look at the last 3 years, AS has been a pretty damn serviceable QB in the NFL.

The Chiefs got the best available QB they could get, you may not like what the gave up for him. That does not mean that he can't be productive.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780828)
And yet that "talentless hack" was able to fool people in 2010. With less talent. The Chiefs literally had complete dogshit at WR that year beyond Bowe.

So it has been with Alex Smith.

He's fooled you.

He hasn't fooled me. I know who he is as a player.

You don't. You make excuses for every positive attribute because it doesn't fit your false narrative.