ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry ‘a bit surprised’ on lack of extension progress (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300780)

kccrow 01-27-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12712543)
If you need Eric Berry to have leadership then your coaches suck shit.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this... You've managed to render me speechless. Congratulations might be in order.

Mephistopheles Janx 01-27-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12712696)
If you need a "leader" to be motivated to perform as one of the top 10% of 1% of American athletes, then you probably should have found a different career.

We see lack of motivation from pro athletes all the time. Hell, look at our very own Dwayne Bowe.

Superstar talent but no motivation until Haley got hold of him.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-27-2017 04:42 PM

And Bowe took advantage of a terrible offensive roster to get the contract that he did inbetween regime changes.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 12712880)
We see lack of motivation from pro athletes all the time. Hell, look at our very own Dwayne Bowe.

Superstar talent but no motivation until Haley got hold of him.

:facepalm:

Bowe had 992 yards and 5 TD's his rookie season (with Huard and Croyle as his QB), 1,022 and 7 TD's with Croyle and Thigpen his second season

He then fell off the cliff with only 589 yards the year Haley arrived and 4 TD's the year Haley arrived.

Mephistopheles Janx 01-27-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12712959)
:facepalm:

Bowe had 992 yards and 5 TD's his rookie season (with Huard and Croyle as his QB), 1,022 and 7 TD's with Croyle and Thigpen his second season

He then fell off the cliff with only 589 yards the year Haley arrived and 4 TD's the year Haley arrived.

He had good stats his first two years then fell off because, and wait for it, he lost motivation.

That is, until Haley showed up.

OnTheWarpath15 01-27-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12710191)
Transition tag Poe and sign Berry.

Let Poe ****ing walk and sign Berry.

Good grief, I'm not sure why everyone thinks Poe is some uber-talented, non-replaceable piece of the puzzle.

Focus on him for an entire game.

Most of it, he's either getting owned by a single blocker, on his ass, or both.

Chief Northman 01-27-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12713110)

Good grief, I'm not sure why everyone thinks Poe is some uber-talented, non-replaceable piece of the puzzle.

Focus on his for an entire game.

BUT DAT GOAL-LINE OFFENSE THOUGH

OnTheWarpath15 01-27-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12713113)
BUT DAT GOAL-LINE OFFENSE THOUGH

LMAO

Mr. Laz 01-27-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12712892)
And Bowe took advantage of a terrible offensive roster to get the contract that he did inbetween regime changes.

Yep, a year later and Dorsey would have known that Bowe was going into the tank as soon as he got a big contract. Dorsey would have had another option ready.

Bowe was lucky

of course, Bowe was then stupid and gave the Chiefs an out of that big contract

Mr. Laz 01-27-2017 07:15 PM

It appears that Poe has contracted fat-man disease. Happens to a ton of fatties in the Dline. He hasn't improved nearly as much as he should have.

You don't give a guy like that a huge contract.

Of course, Sutton playing him 73% of the defensive snaps didn't help. Next Dlinemen was at 53%.

Of course, CP loves them some Sutton.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-27-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12712543)
If you need Eric Berry to have leadership then your coaches suck shit.

Says the person giving far too much leeway to the alleged "leader" of the offense who, incidentally, sucks more shit per capita than Eric Berry could in 10 lifetimes and 100 years of an NFL career.
But I'm sure there are other morons who would agree with you.

Oh look....

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12712856)
Which stinks considering the poor return we are going to get on Tamba, DJ's, and potentially Charles' contract. I pray to God that Maclin and Houston have a solid season otherwise this team is bleeding itself dry

Suck it up, buttercup. Some Chiefs have actually earned their bones, and will be retained/paid for value that exceeds the stat-line.

Chiefshrink 01-27-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12713151)
It appears that Poe has contracted fat-man disease. Happens to a ton of fatties in the Dline.

Of course, Sutton playing him 73% of the defensive snaps didn't help.

If he played 73% of the snaps he shouldn't be overweight unless he took a lot of plays off:D

TEX 01-27-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Not true.

ThaVirus 01-27-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

This is a bit harsh but we definitely need a front 7 retooling. These guys can't stop the run or rush the passer worth two shits and that goes for everyone outside of Houston and DJ who are rarely ever on the field.

Bowser 01-27-2017 11:31 PM

Poe will land on his feet for a decent contract somewhere next year, but if it comes down to either Berry or Poe, you take Berry all day ever day (even in spite of Laz not thinking player leaders are important).