ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

BigBeauford 05-08-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12861768)
I don't look at it like a waste of time at all, actually. We went from the THE WORST franchise in the league - including the Browns - to being a perennial doubt digit wins playoff team. I think stability counts for a lot in the NFL, and we finally have it.

Smith was a stabilizing presence. He has had some very good moments in KC. While he simply is not good enough to get you over the hump in the playoffs, I will not complain about any situation that lands us a first round bye followed by a first round QB four months later.

It would have been better to have found our QB last year, I think, so as to walk on Smith now. I just don't hate him - can't, really - because I am too giddy about Mahomes.

I don't hate Smith either. How interested would you be if you took a beautiful girl on a date, and were likely to spend a hundred bucks on the date, but knew you weren't going to get any because she isn't into dudes.

WhiteWhale 05-08-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12861299)
You really wanna argue about the word now? You aee saying basically the same thing as me. You wouldnt put him in now, nor would 99% of us. That contrasts with what the other dipshit said...that everyone was clamoring to bench Alex.

I dont disagree with starting Mahomes when he is ready but by the estimations of those more in tbe know than me...that time isnt now, and its probably not this season. No one sane is suggesting to cut alex smith right now.

What? You bolded the word 'now' in YOUR post. I didn't do that.

Settle down angry pants. I was just trying to talk to you, not argue with you.

WhiteWhale 05-08-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12862590)
I think nomadic is far more accurate than bandwagon.. since I went from a SB contending team.. to a 2-14 worst of the worst, lowest of the lowest team.

Nomadic, yes.

#freewill4thwin

I think Alex Smith dickrider is more accurate.

WhiteWhale 05-08-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 12862521)
True. One is a lifelong fan...one is a bandwagon fan. I can NOT believe I agreed with Sandy Vag.....

Fan is short for 'fanatic'.

Sandy is a fan of Alex Smith, not the Chiefs.

At best he's a chiefs follower due to his fandom of Alex Smith.

He is not of our tribe though.

SAUTO 05-08-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12862588)
People say exactly the same thing about you on the niners boards, so you come here and join the anti-smith mob as a way of respite. You are so pathetic.

You guys all ****ing suck.

temper11 05-08-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12862607)

Because I want the QB of your favorite team to succeed. Yes, I can see where that would really piss you off.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12862607)

They are weird and creepy

The Franchise 05-08-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12862634)
Because I want the QB of your favorite team to succeed. Yes, I can see where that would really piss you off.

Because you're a fan of a player who goes to a fan board to defend your love from all of the negative shit said about him.

Rasputin 05-08-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12861751)
Can everyone at least agree it is a good thing this is the last season we are subjected to ASS11?

Dont give me the 2 year shit either. Mahomes is the guy next year.

This is Alex Smith farewell tour he better make the best of it he is gone in 18.

BigCatDaddy 05-08-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12862671)
This is Alex Smith farewell tour he better make the best of it he is gone in 18.

He is a marginal player on the decline and also worried about getting injured. Should be an epic turd this year for ASS11.

temper11 05-08-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12862648)
Because you're a fan of a player who goes to a fan board to defend your love from all of the negative shit said about him.

I came to this fan board because I was still interested in following Smith's career. The kid was thrown to the wolves, paid a very heavy price, and always took the high road in dealing with it. ALWAYS. I appreciated that as a fan of the team, and as such have continued to root for his success.

That's pretty much it. I don't think he's the greatest of all time, I don't think he's flawless or even close to being flawless... but I also don't think he deserves the level of hate that comes his way. I think he works hard and does his best to win in the way that has proven effective for him, at this level.

I hope he does it this last year with the Chiefs. I don't see him having much of a chance if he starts over again next year with another troubled team.

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

I think nomadic is far more accurate than bandwagon.. since I went from a SB contending team.. to a 2-14 worst of the worst, lowest of the lowest team.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

"nomadic" fan bahahahahahahahahahahaa

Holy shit that is hilarious

Talk about a euphemism.... jesus christ..

Please explain the difference between a bandwagoneer and a nomad....LOL

Here dude I got you a jersey for when alex smith leaves the Chiefs for a new team....I know its not a QB number but:

1) you can pretend youre not a bandwagon smith homo

2) most teams have an 84 WR on it so youll be ready to be a 'nomad fan' when you get there

https://petticoatsandrootbeerfloats..../09/jersey.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2017 01:15 PM

Nomadic fans ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

RealSNR 05-08-2017 01:18 PM

I forget. Did CP lose any Chiefs fans to Dolphin boards when the team traded Trent Green?

I'm going to assume that didn't happen because it would be weird and creepy, but you never know.

Discuss Thrower 05-08-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12862734)
I forget. Did CP lose any Chiefs fans to Dolphin boards when the team traded Trent Green?

I'm going to assume that didn't happen because it would be weird and creepy, but you never know.

Beside his brother-in-law?

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12862706)

I hope [Alex Smith] does it this last year with the Chiefs.

Does what exactly?

RealSNR 05-08-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12862743)

What? NewChief still posts here

Molitoth 05-08-2017 01:27 PM

I was a HUGE Barry Sanders fan... and if he were to have ever been traded, I would have rooted for him on whatever team he went to.

Now, that was Barry effing Sanders. Joe Montana? Fine. Brett Favre? Fine. Did Emmitt Smith fans become Cardinal fans for awhile? Most likely.

Why anyone would want to follow Alex "Mirage" Smith anywhere and consistently try and justify to others how "good" he is makes me wonder WTF.

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12862706)
I came to this fan board because I was still interested in following Smith's career. The kid was thrown to the wolves, paid a very heavy price, and always took the high road in dealing with it. ALWAYS. I appreciated that as a fan of the team, and as such have continued to root for his success.

That's pretty much it. I don't think he's the greatest of all time, I don't think he's flawless or even close to being flawless... but I also don't think he deserves the level of hate that comes his way. I think he works hard and does his best to win in the way that has proven effective for him, at this level.

I hope he does it this last year with the Chiefs. I don't see him having much of a chance if he starts over again next year with another troubled team.

Great post, man. :thumb:

Have to wonder, even if they liked Alex Smith.. would the xenophobia still exist?

( seems the love for the new Mahomes fans that just came over here have answered this )

:shrug:

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 12862753)
I was a HUGE Barry Sanders fan... and if he were to have ever been traded, I would have rooted for him on whatever team he went to.

Now, that was Barry effing Sanders. Joe Montana? Fine. Brett Favre? Fine. Did Emmitt Smith fans become Cardinal fans for awhile? Most likely.

Why anyone would want to follow Alex "Mirage" Smith anywhere and consistently try and justify to others how "good" he is makes me wonder WTF.

You could have swapped teams every year for a random player, and not one.. not 1 shit would be given.

Why? because you suck? no.

Because that was your choice, you have your reasons, and it's not something that I'd bother to judge you for.

RealSNR 05-08-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12862758)
Great post, man. :thumb:

Have to wonder, even if they liked Alex Smith.. would the xenophobia still exist?

( seems the love for the new Mahomes fans that just came over here have answered this )

:shrug:

Continuing to like your college team in addition to the new pro team of your former QB = switching your pro team allegiance because hunky dopey pussy QB lost his job

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12862764)
You could have swapped teams every year for a random player, and not one.. not 1 shit would be given.

Why? because you suck? no.

Because that was your choice, you have your reasons, and it's not something that I'd bother to judge you for.

Actually yes,, that would make him suck a huge fat cock...

And most people would mock and ridicule him...

But he doesn't do that because he has a ballsack and pride.

The Franchise 05-08-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12862743)

I don't even think that NewChief went to a Dolphins board. Dude still posts in the video game threads and the fitness threads.

temper11 05-08-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12862734)

The niners didn't lose me as a fan. I'm still a fan - and excited by the direction of the "new" team. I just also wish to see Smith win the whole damned thing - with the Chiefs? - fine by me.

burt 05-08-2017 01:39 PM

I always felt that Alex was a decent QB....with a suspect arm. BUT I also(against most of this board) believed him to be the best available for the position. Did Dorsey miss a few Diamonds in the rough? Sure, but he felt that Smith was the best bet...til now. I also Hope Alex Smith has a lights out year....but really look forward to next year. And you Smith ball huggers....I really ain't that mad at ya.

rico 05-08-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Nomadic, yes.

#freewill4thwin

You keep knocking our 2-14 2012 team that you know NOTHING about.

You know how much defensive potential was on that 2-14 team? Plus Charles (you haven't actually seen Charles the way we have...you have only caught a glimpse of him). We had 6 pro bowlers on that lowly 2-14 team...Colquitt, DJ, Hali, Houston, Charles and Berry...plus we had Poe who beasted as a rookie. It was freaking frustrating...and the way things unraveled that season was straight-up weird...like, you could make a 30 for 30 about that season called "Save Our Chiefs" based on that season. We tied the Cardinals that season for most INT's thrown. We tied the 1929 Buffalo Bisons for longest streak without a lead. We flew banners that begged Hunt to bench Cassel and fire Pioli. We had that controversy with that weirdo OT, Eric Winston calling the Chiefs fans out in an interview for 70,000 of us allegedly cheering when Cassel got hurt in a game...a claim that was exaggerated beyond belief. We had a guy kill his girlfriend before killing himself in front of our egomaniacal GM and our inept HC...who were STILL fired a couple months following that, despite witnessing/enduring that trauma. We had Brian ****ing Daboll as our OC... he was terrible. Not bullshitting you. That season was weird.

Remember when the 2011 Packers made that run at chasing the 1972 Dolphins record of being the only team to go undefeated and and win the Super Bowl (everyone thought they were going to do it that year)? Yeah, the Chiefs squashed their hopes of accomplishing that feat...in WEEK 15! That ended a 19 game winning streak that the Packers were riding dating back to the prior year...the year they won the SB. The reason we beat them was because we started Kyle Orton at QB, who played better than any Chiefs QB I've seen play for them since Trent Green.... Basically that same 2011 Chiefs team that defeated the Packers was the same lowly 2-14 team you keep referring to as being the "lowest of the low," which again, you know nothing about that team....biggest difference was we didn't have Orton in 2012...who only started 3 games for us to begin with.

Our coaching staff was so inept that year that following a game where Jamaal was only given 5 carries, our HC, Romeo Crennel was asked why he was given so many few carries in the post-game interview. He responded with, "now that, I'm not exactly sure."

You think we are tough on Smith? Yeah, you are not wrong about that...and our frustration with him is ****ing legit. The guy is a scared pussy that makes scoring offensive points seem like a rarity. There has been so much treading water at QB with some absolute elite players on our team for years. Tons of built up frustration because of that. However, despite our bickering about Smith, you haven't seen shit compared to the hate we had for Cassel (a guy who outplayed Smith in a 2010 Chiefs vs 49ers game). All Smith has had to do is not throw INT's and not be Matt freaking Cassel...mission accomplished...whooptie-doo!

You do realize Cassel never started a game in college, right? And that guy was hand-picked as our franchise QB in 2009 by our douchebag GM who was a Patriot retread, just like Cassel.

The turnaround in 2013 wasn't as much Smith being a good QB (he isn't) as it was just Smith not being Cassel...that, along with coaching and management of the team. The 2012 Chiefs were loaded with talent. Despite our record setting low points that season, only 4 teams had more Pro Bowlers... With the talent we've had, it's crazy to think about how far this team could have gone these past 8-9 years if we actually had a legit QB. It's sad, really. Kyle Orton is the only guy since Trent Green who I've seen play for the Chiefs that gave me the feeling that we actually had a legit, aggressive, seemingly competent, non-pussified QB...and look at what we did with him...we beat the dominant 2011 Packers with him. And Kyle Orton isn't even very good...ask the Donk fans.

Smith walked into a better situation than you realize. That 2012 team had tons of potential. Stop acting as if the turnaround from 2-14 in 2012 was only because of Smith being acquired. There was a ton more that went into it. I give much more credit to Reid, Dorsey and Sutton than I do Alex "offensive forfeit" Smith for that turnaround.

Marcellus 05-08-2017 01:41 PM

I had to click n this thread to see what you guys are alking about.

Holy ****ing shit Geno Smith?

:facepalm:

Hey nitwits we just drafted a talented QB in the top 10 of the draft. Thank your lucky stars we didn't draft Geno's worthless skinny legged noodle armed ass.

RealSNR 05-08-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12862778)
The niners didn't lose me as a fan. I'm still a fan - and excited by the direction of the "new" team. I just also wish to see Smith win the whole damned thing - with the Chiefs? - fine by me.

I'm fine with this. Your Smith love is still a little on the creepy side, but you can't win them all.

I'm now waiting for some loser to say, "IT'S NOT UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WHO HE CAN AND CAN'T ROOT FOR HERPA DERP DERP DERP"

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2017 01:43 PM

Capn Butt Cheeks has to be related to Smith

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 12862779)
BUT I also(against most of this board) believed him to be the best available for the position.

I think this is a false statement. The vast majority of this board knew/felt he was the best QB available at that time, but was the 'safe' way to go and didn't really want a re-tread....and those opposed to him were willing to take a step back for a younger QB with a higher ceiling or go with a diffrent ree-tread (cheaper) QB who didn't cost so much (2 great second round picks + 60 million) and try and build more towards the future than for a 'now' that they saw as impossible - and turned out to be impossible in reality.

Phrasing the argument in the terms that the 'majority' of CP thought there was a better QB at THAT TIME is false, IMO.

RealSNR 05-08-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12862788)
I had to click n this thread to see what you guys are alking about.

Holy ****ing shit Geno Smith?

:facepalm:

Hey nitwits we just drafted a talented QB in the top 10 of the draft. Thank your lucky stars we didn't draft Geno's worthless skinny legged noodle armed ass.

You can blame douchebags like Tiger and PAChiefsfan for that one.

Discuss Thrower 05-08-2017 01:46 PM

The 2011 Chiefs were two blocked FGs away from a playoff berth.

With QB starts by Cassel, Palko and Kyle Orton.

Sandy Vagina 05-08-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12862776)
And most people would mock and ridicule him...

Most silly, immature people, you mean.

It's no different than any entertainment. Got sick of Pop music and moved onto Blues? Got sick of fishing every Sunday, and took up bowling instead? Got sick of spending another boring Sunday with the wife? so you now go to a Hotel to **** the mistress?

Do what you do.. I certainly don't GAF enough to judge you for it. I'd have to deeply care to hand down some judgement. None of my business or concern.

temper11 05-08-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12862747)
Does what exactly?

I hope he wins the whole f--cking thing. I know all of you say that's not possible... but I had the exact conversation for a few years with people that said:

- Smith was not capable of leading a team to a winning season, then,
- Smith was not capable of winning a playoff game, then
- Smith will never make a pro-bowl, then
- Smith would not be able to continue his success because the league has figured him out, then
- Smith will not be able to lead the Chiefs out of the cellar,
- Smith would never get the Chiefs to the playoffs, then
- Smith would never win a playoff game with the Chiefs, and of course the final two
- No team can get to the super bowl with Smith under center,
- Smith will never win a super bowl.

So... that's fine, I get that you guys have no faith in him, and hope he dies in an aids infested dumpster - that's also for some reason on fire - whatever. But I've enjoyed following his career and still think he has enough to check those last two off the list with the Chiefs.

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12862805)
Most silly, immature people, you mean.

It's no different than any entertainment. Got sick of Pop music and moved onto Blues? Got sick of fishing every Sunday, and took up bowling instead?

None of these are even remotely similar to being a loyal fan of a team, sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12862805)
Got sick of spending another boring Sunday with the wife? so you now go to a Hotel to **** the mistress?

This is the most similar, and yes if you did this I would judge you as a piece of shit.

rico 05-08-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12862801)
The 2011 Chiefs were two blocked FGs away from a playoff berth.

With QB starts by Cassel, Palko and Kyle Orton.

Oh my goodness, Tyler Palko...and to think we actually won a game with him...that was funny.

Orton > Smith. And as I wrote in that tl;dr post, Orton isn't even that good.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2017 01:55 PM

Huh? Many of us knew Smith could help get the Chiefs to the playoffs. I said as much when they acquired him, all those close losses would tip the other way as we win the turnover differential. The problem is that's his CEILING. Mahomes can help a loaded roster compete yearly for a title if he even comes close to tapping into his potential.

burt 05-08-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12862792)
I think this is a false statement. The vast majority of this board knew/felt he was the best QB available at that time, but was the 'safe' way to go and didn't really want a re-tread....and those opposed to him were willing to take a step back for a younger QB with a higher ceiling or go with a diffrent ree-tread (cheaper) QB who didn't cost so much (2 great second round picks + 60 million) and try and build more towards the future than for a 'now' that they saw as impossible - and turned out to be impossible in reality.

Phrasing the argument in the terms that the 'majority' of CP thought there was a better QB at THAT TIME is false, IMO.

I see your point. But other than the high price, I would disagree...and So did Dorsey and Andy. Until now.....

Rasputin 05-08-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12862778)

You can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets fulfilled.

burt 05-08-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12862827)
Huh? Many of us knew Smith could help get the Chiefs to the playoffs. I said as much when they acquired him, all those close losses would tip the other way as we win the turnover differential. The problem is that's his CEILING. Mahomes can help a loaded roster compete yearly for a title if he even comes close to tapping into his potential.

Well said.

burt 05-08-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12862832)
You can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets fulfilled.

unproductive AND messy!!

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12862817)
I hope he wins the whole f--cking thing. I know all of you say that's not possible... but I had the exact conversation for a few years with people that said:

- Smith would not be able to continue his success because the league has figured him out, then
- Smith would never win a playoff game with the Chiefs, and of course the final two

So... that's fine, I get that you guys have no faith in him. Hope he dies in an aids infested dumpster - that's also for some reason on fire - whatever. But I've enjoyed following his career and still think he has enough to check those last two off the list with the Chiefs.

Im pretty sure you made up most of those....especially like 'leading us out of the cellar' and 'continuing success' or 'pro bowl' ..even the winnign season is a stretch because peopel were preticting 9 game winnign seasons, even his biggest detractors like me....I dont think i ever predicted he would win less than 9 games (a winning season).....i think most knew he would lead us to mediocrity at least

You are just making things up that maybe a few fringe trolls said to try and 'win' an argument.....I mean the guy did win a playoff game against houston..and broke the 20+ year curse. I absolutely give him credit for that..and I also give him credit for winning regular season games, more than I thought we would win...I also fully acknowledge that especially 1st season if we had any other QB we wouldve won a game or 2 less for sure at least...

NO ONE sane is saying otherwise...there is no need for you to make things up here..the situation is what it is...I won't even say its completely impossible for us to win a superbowl this season..but to me it seems highly unlikely....Which is why I never wanted Smith in the 1st place...

I would've personally rather gone lean 1-2 more years rather than have a couple of 1 & done seasons that to me are meaningless...But the franchise is stable now and we did break the curse. I do give thanks to smith for his part in that, but its time to move on...and I think that his chances of winning the superbowl this season are slim at best...but I won't say never because it is a team game.

rico 05-08-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

So... that's fine, I get that you guys have no faith in him, and hope he dies in an aids infested dumpster - that's also for some reason on fire - whatever. But I've enjoyed following his career and still think he has enough to check those last two off the list with the Chiefs.

That's fine...I really don't have a problem with anything you have posted, whether I share your opinion or not.

Out of curiosity (honest question), were you and other 49er fans expecting Chiefs fans to be more welcoming to the idea of trading for Smith? Did it surprise you that the majority at CP was upset that we acquired him? Or were you already used to it with the hate he received in San Francisco?

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a Shower shit cup o poodle

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 12862831)
I see your point. But other than the high price, I would disagree...and So did Dorsey and Andy. Until now.....

Well I do not fault them for going that route...to some degree..Coming off of the horrid seasons they did need someone to NOT LOSE. They got that..They were having a hard time sellign seats for the 1st time in years...I mean the franchise was in free fall. Alex Smith is a good choice for that purpose....I don't think a lot of fans couldve tolerated another risk at QB and possible fail and more 2-14 or 4-12 seasons.....

I realize I am in the minority on that, but I would've rather gone trhough a couple more horrible seasons and swung the bat a couple times but hey here we are 4 years later and we did break the 93 curse ...so all in all i am good with it...its just time to move on is all.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2017 02:05 PM

Alex best shot at a title is taking a drastic pay cut whilst Mahomes leads us to the promised land.

temper11 05-08-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Have you not wished for the Chiefs to finally draft their QBOTF for years? Was that not just fulfilled? Did your Royals somewhat recently win the World Series? How many times did you trot out this gem on Royals boards before that happened?

Shitting in your hand is certainly more immediate, so if immediate is what you are looking for, don't let me stop you.

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

what if one of your wishes is not to have shit on your hand

temper11 05-08-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12862840)
Im pretty sure you made up most of those....especially like 'leading us out of the cellar' and 'continuing success' or 'pro bowl' ..even the winnign season is a stretch because peopel were preticting 9 game winnign seasons, even his biggest detractors like me....I dont think i ever predicted he would win less than 9 games (a winning season).....i think most knew he would lead us to mediocrity at least

You are just making things up that maybe a few fringe trolls said to try and 'win' an argument.....I mean the guy did win a playoff game against houston..and broke the 20+ year curse. I absolutely give him credit for that..and I also give him credit for winning regular season games, more than I thought we would win...I also fully acknowledge that especially 1st season if we had any other QB we wouldve won a game or 2 less for sure at least...

NO ONE sane is saying otherwise...there is no need for you to make things up here..the situation is what it is...I won't even say its completely impossible for us to win a superbowl this season..but to me it seems highly unlikely....Which is why I never wanted Smith in the 1st place...

I would've personally rather gone lean 1-2 more years rather than have a couple of 1 & done seasons that to me are meaningless...But the franchise is stable now and we did break the curse. I do give thanks to smith for his part in that, but its time to move on...and I think that his chances of winning the superbowl this season are slim at best...but I won't say never because it is a team game.

I should have clarified that much of those conversations were on SF boards... ask your pal Kaepernick or Harbernick or whatever he goes by here. Some of the latter items were conversations from here, but that list has accumulated since about 2007 or 8. The message board has changed, but the animosity is pretty much the same.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2017 02:12 PM

Their Niners stupidly pass on Mahomes and THEN he steals their precious Alex's job...ouch ROFL

threebag 05-08-2017 02:15 PM

I bet a lot of people were high on Todd Blackledge too.

i think you (Claynus, Sweets, Pawn, snr...) would be happier shitting on each other dicks than shitting on the CHIEFS

Hope your karma doesn't stick to Mahomes and we found a QBoF after Alex

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12862866)
I should have clarified that much of those conversations were on SF boards... ask your pal Kaepernick or Harbernick or whatever he goes by here. Some of the latter items were conversations from here, but that list has accumulated since about 2007 or 8. The message board has changed, but the animosity is pretty much the same.

I didn't think he would win a single playoff game.....so He has exceeded my expectations....The thing about it is, even with that I still would trade the last 4 years for a different swing of the bat...BUT we may still have ended up more or less right where we are anyway and possibly without a couple of playoff game experiences and that win in HOU....So hey...I really have no complaints. Yes I wouldve rather taken a different vehicle to get to this point.....but the ALex Smith subaru got us here in 1 piece..

temper11 05-08-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12862842)
That's fine...I really don't have a problem with anything you have posted, whether I share your opinion or not.

Out of curiosity (honest question), were you and other 49er fans expecting Chiefs fans to be more welcoming to the idea of trading for Smith? Did it surprise you that the majority at CP was upset that we acquired him? Or were you already used to it with the hate he received in San Francisco?

I can only speak for myself but I pretty much knew there was going to be hate wherever he went because he was largely blamed (in SF and in the media) for the shit-show that was the niners for years. And that's much of the reason I became so invested in his success. Everyone looked at him to be the savior and when he wasn't, he was instantly vilified. It wasn't that he just didn't live up to expectations, he was burned in effigy. And through all of that, he never turned on the fans, he never pointed his finger anywhere else (and there was plenty to point a finger at), he never talked disparagingly of the organization which delighted in throwing him under the bus, he just wore it, and continued to go out there, and do the best he could. I got into the habit of defending him. Habits die hard I guess. I would just like to see him win the whole damned thing.

Ming the Merciless 05-08-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12862871)
i think you (Claynus, Sweets, Pawn, snr...) would be happier shitting on each other dicks than shitting on the CHIEFS

http://i.imgur.com/FYTaI1m.jpg

Heres a new avatar for you , Teabag...

Kaepernick 05-08-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Breaking: Alexsexual hopes Alex wins the whole thing. News at 11.

Hammock Parties 05-08-2017 05:56 PM

Would the Alexsexuals enjoy a Madden franchise where I attempt to drag Alex to a Super Bowl?

SAUTO 05-08-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12862634)

You must have me confused with someone who wishes we lose games.

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-23-2022 07:37 PM

So did the trade work out?

ThyKingdomCome15 07-23-2022 08:05 PM

Surprisingly, it was a really good trade for KC. Alex won me over. However, Patrick should have been starting half way through his rookie year. That's the hill I'll die on.

KChiefs1 07-23-2022 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 16379222)
Surprisingly, it was a really good trade for KC. Alex won me over. However, Patrick should have been starting half way through his rookie year. That's the hill I'll die on.

After the Jets game in early December, I thought for sure Andy would start Mahomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titty Meat 07-23-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16379198)

Yup took over a 2 win team won double digit games every year he was here except for 1 and we still won 9 that year. Broke the winless playoff streak. Really hate how his career ended if you'll recall he had that dumpster fire of a franchise with a winning record at the time of his injury. Came back from said injury and helped them reach the playoffs. Really hate hearing the news about his kid. Alex is a good dude and didn't deserve the Cassel level hate he got on here.

Wisconsin_Chief 07-23-2022 09:08 PM

This was almost 10 years ago. When I think of “10 years ago”
I’m envisioning the Dick Vermeil era.

At some point I got goddamn old.

jd1020 07-23-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16379198)

Smith was the straw that broke the camels back and made the Chiefs cave and draft Mahomes.

Thank you, Alex Smith.

Wisconsin_Chief 07-23-2022 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16379269)
Smith was the straw that broke the camels back and made the Chiefs cave and draft Mahomes.

Thank you, Alex Smith.

He also took a 1-15 team and lead them to 11 wins his first year here with Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery and Anthony Fasano as his starting pass catching core.

While he was the catalyst that lead to Mahomes, he also helped us all forget about a toxic era of Chiefs football very quickly.

He is a Ring Of Honor inductee in my book. All day.

jd1020 07-23-2022 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16379271)

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/yjsFVgC8FXbcu5qjHM" width="480" height="343" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/fallontonight-jimmy-fallon-good-one-but-no-yjsFVgC8FXbcu5qjHM">via GIPHY</a></p>

scho63 07-23-2022 09:48 PM

He was the biggest tease we ever had.

Good enough to be a consistent regular season winner but could never get us over the hump.

He made me believe it could happen but it never did.

He kept taking us to the goal line but we never crossed.

KingPriest2 07-23-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16379279)
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/yjsFVgC8FXbcu5qjHM" width="480" height="343" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/fallontonight-jimmy-fallon-good-one-but-no-yjsFVgC8FXbcu5qjHM">via GIPHY</a></p>

Why?

Won 50 games in 5 seasons. 2st to do do
4 out of 5 playoff seasons
2 afc west titles
Lowest INT %

Helped turn the Chiefs around

jd1020 07-23-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 16379289)
Why?

Won 50 games in 5 seasons. 2st to do do
4 out of 5 playoff seasons
2 afc west titles
Lowest INT %

Helped turn the Chiefs around

All of that happened when Alex Smith was a pedestrian QB. People act like Alex Smith was the only change that came in the 2013 offseason.

Not everything needs to be ****ing enshrined and celebrated and a mediocre QB that was asked to simply not **** shit up and get the ball to the play makers instead of being a play maker isn't something that needs to be honored in the RoH.

KingPriest2 07-23-2022 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16379295)
All of that happened when Alex Smith was a pedestrian QB. People act like Alex Smith was the only change that came in the 2013 offseason.

Not everything needs to be ****ing enshrined and celebrated and a mediocre QB that was asked to simply not **** shit up and get the ball to the play makers instead of being a play maker isn't something that needs to be honored in the RoH.

So accomplishing something no other QB had done isn’t anything. Got it.

jd1020 07-23-2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 16379298)
So accomplishing something no other QB had done isn’t anything. Got it.

What is that? Not throwing a TD pass to a WR for a full season?

KCUnited 07-23-2022 10:10 PM

If you hate seeing WRs catch TDs it sure did.

Fish 07-23-2022 10:21 PM

Finally some fresh offseason discussion...

RealSNR 07-23-2022 10:24 PM

What the **** are we supposed to say about Alex Smith that hasn't been said a million times before by just about ****ing everybody?

If you really loved those Alex debate years and wish you could re-live them again, sure, I guess go ahead and have this conversation. Get out your dobbers and play Alex Smith cliche talking points bingo with the old ladies.

"I've got 'Class act!', 'He is what he is', 'Won't lose you the game,' 'We were a 2-14 team' and 'He's a great guy! That being said...'"

"That's a good bingo! Onto postage stamp!"

jd1020 07-23-2022 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16379313)
Finally some fresh offseason discussion...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/u6EiPNT9dLDrU7ZQuF" width="480" height="259" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/the-godfather-coda-u6EiPNT9dLDrU7ZQuF">via GIPHY</a></p>

The dark days are behind us. Let it ****ing die.

threebag 07-23-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16379271)
He also took a 1-15 team and lead them to 11 wins his first year here with Dwayne Bowe, Donnie Avery and Anthony Fasano as his starting pass catching core.

While he was the catalyst that lead to Mahomes, he also helped us all forget about a toxic era of Chiefs football very quickly.

And would have beat the Colts if Dwayne Bowe could have kept his ****ing feet in bounds at the goal line.

Chief Pagan 07-23-2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16379315)
What the **** are we supposed to say about Alex Smith that hasn't been said a million times before by just about ****ing everybody?i

If you really loved those Alex debate years and wish you could re-live them again, sure, I guess go ahead and have this conversation. Get out your dobbers and play Alex Smith cliche talking points bingo with the old ladies.

"I've got 'Class act!', 'He is what he is', 'Won't lose you the game,' 'We were a 2-14 team' and 'He's a great guy! That being said...'"

"That's a good bingo! Onto postage stamp!"

Should have kept Gannon.

smithandrew051 07-23-2022 11:00 PM

Alex Smith was a dry hand job

Jamie 07-23-2022 11:35 PM

In hindsight Alex Smith was the best possible move we could have made, given who was actually attainable. We were never going to win a Super Bowl with him, but who could we have gotten that would? The '13 through '16 drafts all ended up being pretty shit for QBs.

dlphg9 07-23-2022 11:38 PM

Alex wasn't responsible for anything good. Andy Reid should get 100% of the credit. ****, I guarantee if Andy would have had Matt Cassel as QB, we would have had the same exact success.

Alex gets a lot a lot of praise from idiots and it's all because he lucked into getting the best and most innovative head coach ever.

dlphg9 07-23-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 16379339)
In hindsight Alex Smith was the best possible move we could have made, given who was actually attainable. We were never going to win a Super Bowl with him, but who could we have gotten that would? The '13 through '16 drafts all ended up being pretty shit for QBs.

Alex could have been replaced with any other mediocre QB and the results are the same.