ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 01:57 PM

Funny, people take their own life experience and value system and attach it to somebody else's life in a situation they know almost nothing about and pass judgement. Unbelievable, really.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9167892)
I have no sympathy towards cold-blooded murderers and I don't think Jovan was one.

Well, we're trying to draw distinctions when I just don't see them. Whether he acted out of rage, drugs/alcohol, the result is the same.

He murdered an innocent woman and scarred numerous individuals. I do not feel bad for him in the slightest. I feel bad for everyone else involved, though.

The Poz 12-01-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9167899)
The players lost a friend...I won't judge them for any way they choose to grieve.

I'll never agree to wearing his number but maybe the LB's should wear his shoulder/neck pad thing his used to sport out there.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 01:59 PM

Wouldn't anything on the outside of the helmet/uniform have to be league approved?

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9167891)
And this is no worse than the Rae Carruth tragedy...other than people other than chiefs fans knew Rae Carruth.

Horrific metaphore.

DrunkBassGuitar 12-01-2012 02:00 PM

I take back what I said earlier.

Play the game, but let any player who doesn't feel comfortable playing or doesn't want to play out of the game without any sort of penalty. If a player needs time to grieve, then give it to him. If a player needs to play to help them deal with what happened, then they should have that option too. People deal with shit in different ways

Pants 12-01-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9167883)
You really don't believe in personal responsibility at all then if you truly believe temporary insanity can happen to anybody any time.

Are you a lawyer?

I'm not a lawyer. I just think that something was clearly off with Javon. I'm not saying it's OK that he killed someone, or that he's somehow excused. He took his own life, which probably means he couldn't live with himself anymore, who knows what he was going through. I just don't think he deserves to be treated like some cold-blooded murderer and be condemned in a fashion Dave and BRC were condemning him in.

BIG_DADDY 12-01-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9167901)
It's crazy how a tragic event like this brings out the hostility in some people.

The guy lost it, killed his g/f, and shot himself. Many are affected by his actions and will continue to live w/ the pain for the rest of their lives. Are any of us directly affected? Aside from losing a player on the field, no, we're not.

People need something to attach themself to and be upset about so they can discharge all the built up shit they have inside about their own pathetic little lives.

tk13 12-01-2012 02:03 PM

The difference between this and all those other situations in sports history...is it wasn't just a domestic disturbance. The guy went to the team facility and did it right in front of the front office and coaching staff of the team. I certainly don't know of any other situation like this. The head coach and GM of this team just watched one of their players kill himself. That's brutal. I don't know if you can compare it to anything.

AdumbGuy 12-01-2012 02:04 PM

I don't see how they can play this game. How do you focus on football during this? What, will the opposing coaches attack the chiefs linebacking corps because they're weaker now because one of them is dead?

Forfeit the damn game if need be, there's more important things than football.

Dartgod 12-01-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9167838)
Without going back and having to read everyone's friggen opinion on what the league should do or what they now think of Jevon has anyone found out anything about the kid was not his rumour?

I think that was some speculation posted by one of the members here. I have not heard this anywhere else.

Irresponsible, as it has now taken life as fact.

suds79 12-01-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9167921)
I'm not a lawyer. I just think that something was clearly off with Javon. I'm not saying it's OK that he killed someone, or that he's somehow excused. He took his own life, which probably means he couldn't live with himself anymore, who knows what he was going through. I just don't think he deserves to be treated like some cold-blooded murderer and be condemned in a fashion Dave and BRC were condemning him in.

fair enough I just think we're splitting hairs. were talking about the difference between cold blooded murder and just murder. either way I think it will be a sad day with the Chiefs if they wear some patch honoring the guy.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 02:04 PM

I don't know if this was accurate or not but I was told this morning the Chiefs don't even have a psychiatrist/counselor on their staff for the players.

SAUTO 12-01-2012 02:04 PM

Is the game actually blacked out? I'm not seeing it on my guide
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 12-01-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167903)
LEVITY BREAK:

Hootie is the voice of reason in this thread. Hootie.

what is this I don't even

:)

I've rebranded my style, I'm no longer here to bicker. If someone wants to bicker with me I'll move along. I like you guys too much to be away for years at a time because I'm thick headed.