ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

duncan_idaho 07-26-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 16382555)
**** you. I been a Chiefs fan since I was a little kid. . This the first time I've posted about Alex in a long time. You guys are rhe ones obsessed with him, not me.

Alex is gone, he is retired, I suggest you all move on if the subject upsets you so much...

No.

**** you.

You give it up. You don’t have to run to defend your boi.

He did, does, and always will suck.

Hammock Parties 07-26-2022 04:34 PM

alex's leg will be remembered more fondly than his passing LMAO

"so brave!"

New World Order 07-26-2022 04:40 PM

Quote:

**** you. I been a Chiefs fan since I was a little kid. . This the first time I've posted about Alex in a long time. You guys are rhe ones obsessed with him, not me.

Alex is gone, he is retired, I suggest you all move on if the subject upsets you so much... or you can continue to obsess over him w Clay.

Who's upset? The gifs are hilarious

RealSNR 07-26-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Alex is gone, he is retired, I suggest you all move on if the subject upsets you so much... or you can continue to obsess over him w Clay.

I’m having a nice time with my friends on the internet. Go away.

BWillie 07-26-2022 04:51 PM

The bad throws dont bother me that much, it was when he chose to hold onto the ball on 3rd downs instead of trying to get a first down. Or checking down on 3rd down or running for a gain with no intention of picking up a 1st. Lets see those gifs!

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-26-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16380056)
Raider fan bumps an old thread and grabs the popcorn. :popcorn:

Thread bump of the year so far. :clap:

philfree 09-04-2023 12:30 PM

This is terrible. Prayers to the Smith's

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...f14fe8c2&ei=11

Former NFL quarterback Alex Smith is being tested like never before, and that's saying something considering what he's been through in recent years.

Smith's daughter has a brain tumor. Alex's wife, Elizabeth, noticed their seven-year-old daughter, Sloane, slurring her words and not using her right arm one night in 2022. They rushed her to the hospital that night, and Sloane was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Sloane has been undergoing treatment since. And, frankly, the family is preparing for the worst while trying to remain optimistic.

“It’s different when it’s your little girl and you’re helpless with how terrifying that is," Smith told the New York Times.

Megatron96 09-04-2023 12:38 PM

JC. Can't even imagine. Prayers for Alex and his daughter.

Marcellus 09-04-2023 12:43 PM

Good lord.

tredadda 09-04-2023 12:45 PM

That is so awful to read. I just can’t imagine what they are going through. Praying for them all.

duncan_idaho 09-04-2023 12:47 PM

Dammit.

They’ll get the best care possible. Hope it is enough. Early prevention and aggressive, top-notch treatment can work wonders.

BossChief 09-04-2023 12:48 PM

Damn. Sucks when all the bad stuff happens to such an amazing human.

Prayers sent.

Bwana 09-04-2023 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17086196)

Former NFL quarterback Alex Smith is being tested like never before, and that's saying something considering what he's been through in recent years.

Smith's daughter has a brain tumor. Alex's wife, Elizabeth, noticed their seven-year-old daughter, Sloane, slurring her words and not using her right arm one night in 2022. They rushed her to the hospital that night, and Sloane was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Sloane has been undergoing treatment since. And, frankly, the family is preparing for the worst while trying to remain optimistic.

“It’s different when it’s your little girl and you’re helpless with how terrifying that is," Smith told the New York Times.

Wow, that really sucks. :(

mlyonsd 09-04-2023 12:58 PM

Horrible. I can't imagine.

Kman34 09-04-2023 01:02 PM

Prayers sent to Alex Smiths family..

Easy 6 09-04-2023 01:06 PM

Awful news, Alex is a top shelf person... prayers for that family

notorious 09-04-2023 01:09 PM

Worst nightmare.

Thoughts for your family, Alex.

ThaVirus 09-04-2023 01:13 PM

Terrible.

I enjoyed reading in the article that he starts off most days taking his kids to school.

Can’t imagine having to deal with this, but it is fortunate that they have the money to get the best possible care and neither parent needs to work so they can spend all of their time with the girl in case of the worst.

Buehler445 09-04-2023 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17086229)
Worst nightmare.

Thoughts for your family, Alex.

Yep. I have no clue. I can’t even imagine.

Thoughts and prayers bud.

-King- 09-04-2023 01:17 PM

Damn man that's horrible. Can't even imagine being in that situation as a parent. I really hope treatment works and the family can move on happily. Alex and his family deserves that, not this :(

Balto 09-04-2023 01:18 PM

Dang really sorry to hear this. I know it’s tuff! Blessings

-King- 09-04-2023 01:21 PM

Random, but did the Chiefs send Alex a Superbowl ring? I know they sent one to Tamba and even though he's not as involved in community stuff as Tamba is, I think he deserves one for his role in bringing us back to relevance and mentoring Mahomes.

RedRaider56 09-04-2023 01:23 PM

Horrible news...prayers for the family

big nasty kcnut 09-04-2023 01:31 PM

shitty news prayers up for qb11

Easy 6 09-04-2023 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 17086247)
Random, but did the Chiefs send Alex a Superbowl ring? I know they sent one to Tamba and even though he's not as involved in community stuff as Tamba is, I think he deserves one for his role in bringing us back to relevance and mentoring Mahomes.

Honestly not sure about that, but he deserves one

He absolutely put us back on the map, just like Reid he got off the plane and immediately went 9-0 with a team that was a historically dysfunctional, murderous mess one year prior

AussieChiefsFan 09-04-2023 05:18 PM

Jesus this family can't get a break. All the best to them.

ThyKingdomCome15 09-04-2023 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12855448)
Carr is a KNOWN good QB...mahomes is the unknown...

Carr got them their first winning season in a decade, and it was a big one...without him breaking his leg , they win the division hands down. Not sure your point here...Carr is a damn good NFL Qb...

I was looking for a good one to bump and I found this. LMAO

My how the tide has turned. :D

Coochie liquor 09-04-2023 06:01 PM

Man, that’s a rough one. Love Alex and what he brought to this team! Nothing but positive vibes and prayers heading his family’s way! No child deserves this, especially one of Alex’s. Glad he has the means to get her the best possible treatment and care.

Coochie liquor 09-04-2023 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17086476)
I was looking for a good one to bump and I found this. LMAO

My how the tide has turned. :D

Probably not the best timing… :doh!:

Bump 09-04-2023 06:20 PM

that's sad to hear

Otter 09-04-2023 06:40 PM

Yikes, I can't even imagine. I'd throw myself in front of a moving truck for my little girls let alone feeling this helpless.

:grouphug:

Al Bundy 09-04-2023 06:58 PM

Remember, that piece of shit Clay was happy when Smith was injured, I bet he's doing cartwheels over this.

ChiefsFan63 09-04-2023 08:08 PM

Prayers for Alex and his family. He is truly a good human being. Can't imagine going through this as a parent.

Bl00dyBizkitz 09-04-2023 08:12 PM

Hearing this as a father is an absolute nightmare. I can only hope and pray this all works out okay.

cdcox 09-04-2023 08:27 PM

Can't imagine. Hoping the best for them.

Ming the Merciless 09-04-2023 10:58 PM

I've got kids that age

I've also had a brief run in with cancer..although my surgery was easy compared to hers

I can't even imagine the stress & worry

one of my sons has had an emergency surgery and just that was scary...

I'm saying some extra prayers tonight. damn.

Rasputin 09-04-2023 11:09 PM

My biological dad died from a brain tumor when I was in 6th grade.

Please God take care of that little girl and Alex Smith family.

MMXcalibur 09-04-2023 11:14 PM

This really was upsetting to hear.
Prayers to Alex, his family, and most importantly: that poor girl.

threebag 09-04-2023 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 17086536)
Remember, that piece of shit Clay was happy when Smith was injured, I bet he's doing cartwheels over this.

Yeah, he’s a piece of shit

Prayers to the Smith family. Alex is a world class dude

Hammock Parties 09-04-2023 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 17086536)

I'm sorry, am I required to send hopes and prayers every time something bad happens to Alex Smith?

Are you posting "get well soon" threads for every child in the world who has a brain tumor? Or just those who are the offspring of famous athletes who have access to world-class medical care and millions of dollars most children won't?

If not, I suggest you kindly keep my name out of your mouth, and instead of trying to make this about me, focus on the child. Of course, you haven't done that at all. Because you're the actual piece of shit in this thread.

Have a nice day.

threebag 09-05-2023 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17086731)
I'm sorry, am I required to send hopes and prayers every time something bad happens to Alex Smith?

Are you posting "get well soon" threads for every child in the world who has a brain tumor? Or just those who are the offspring of famous athletes who have access to world-class medical care and millions of dollars most children won't?

If not, I suggest you kindly keep my name out of your mouth, and instead of trying to make this about me, focus on the child. Of course, you haven't done that at all. Because you're the actual piece of shit in this thread.

Have a nice day.

Cucko the :o)

tk13 09-05-2023 09:36 AM

I know we do a lot of megathreads now but it's really weird that this news got buried in this thread. It's a completely different topic and you'd have no idea, you'd just think it was more bickering about Alex Smith.

FloridaMan88 09-05-2023 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 17087001)
I know we do a lot of megathreads now but it's really weird that this news got buried in this thread. It's a completely different topic and you'd have no idea, you'd just think it was more bickering about Alex Smith.

Agreed... make a new thread... especially considering the topic.

Eleazar 09-05-2023 09:52 AM

Why is this information buried in a mega thread from a decade ago? Megathreads suck

NinerDoug 11-22-2023 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 17086196)

One of the girls at the office has daughter who is now four. When she was three, she started losing her balance and having trouble walking. Turned out to be a brain tumor. They operated, got it all, and she's fine now.

Hope Alex's daughter has the same outcome.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-22-2023 12:44 PM

Any updates on this?

TLO 11-22-2023 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9444713)
TJ Carpenter‏@TJCarpenterWHB

Also, effectively means unless KC drafts Geno Smith 1.1 he will not be a Chief. Same for Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Wilson, Bray.

Thank God for this..