ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Insider: Scott Pioli wanted Peyton Manning (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264482)

Rain Man 10-01-2012 10:54 PM

I think we can still sign him.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 11:12 PM

They went after him so hard he didn't even answer their phone calls.

htismaqe 10-02-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Cassel's Love Child (Post 8969319)
HAHA

OWNED

Because Romo had a bad game against the Bears?

Cassel shits his pants against vaunted defenses like the BROWNS.

Look, if you wanna argue about whether or not Tony Romo is a franchise or elite QB, you won't find an opponent in me. I think he's a choke artist.

But he's WAY better than Matt Cassel. It's not even close.

BoneKrusher 10-02-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8969754)

Look, if you wanna argue about whether or not Tony Romo is a franchise or elite QB, you won't find an opponent in me. I think he's a choke artist.

:thumb:

Dave Lane 10-02-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8965930)
As hard as they did?

Yeah they made a phone call said the price was too steep and never got a call back.

Pioli blitzkreig!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-02-2012 08:27 AM

Dude, Michael Vick made Casshole look like Pee Wee football on Sunday Night.

I was impressed.

#1 Bronco's Fan 10-03-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi (Post 8966042)
Not sure if serious? Romo sucks. What's his playoff record again? Romo is to Dallas what Cassel is to KC.

Well, Romo is a much better passer than Cassel. Romo does have baggage but if he didn't have baggage than there is no way he would be available. I think a change of location for him might do wonders. I hate the Cowboys play calling. It is horrible. They never stick with the running game..Never. I think if Romo was on a team that can run the ball and does run the ball he would be much more effective.

NJChiefsFan 10-03-2012 02:12 AM

You can't blame Romo for everything that has happened in Dallas. Look at the game Monday night. His stats were terrible, but Romo didn't play that badly. He just always gets screwed and then makes the mistake at the wrong time.

kcxiv 10-03-2012 03:43 AM

Still cant get over how Manning didnt even return a call. Not even a no thank you, a sorry we are looking in another direction. NOTHING. At the time i couldnt beleive it. I was like, why wouldnt you want to play with the offensive talent we got. Well, it was the damn GM that he didnt want anything to do with.

kcxiv 10-03-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8969823)
Yeah they made a phone call said the price was too steep and never got a call back.

Pioli blitzkreig!!

I dont even think they got anything. I m pretty sure in a presser Pioli said they gave em a call, but never talked to anyone. lol

CoMoChief 10-03-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8972453)
Still cant get over how Manning didnt even return a call. Not even a no thank you, a sorry we are looking in another direction. NOTHING. At the time i couldnt beleive it. I was like, why wouldnt you want to play with the offensive talent we got. Well, it was the damn GM that he didnt want anything to do with.

From what I've heard Tom Condon isn't much of a fan of Pioli...or how the Chiefs are ran in general. Word gets around in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501 10-03-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8972502)
From what I've heard Tom Condon isn't much of a fan of Pioli...or how the Chiefs are ran in general. Word gets around in the NFL.

Peyton loves the media. Do people think he would enjoy being muzzled?
Peyton said he wanted a family atmosphere. Nope.
I'm sure at the end of his career, he wanted assurance that the team would take care of them, not treat him like a business transaction. Nope.
Peyton wanted control of the offense, including influencing personnel decisions and being given license to play call. Nope.

There's so many reasons the marriage wouldn't work. Granted, we wouldn't want Peyton to have all these things necessarily. But it never made sense for Peyton to come here.

PRIEST 10-03-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8969754)
Because Romo had a bad game against the Bears?

Cassel shits his pants against vaunted defenses like the BROWNS.

This :thumb:

FAX 10-03-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8972502)

You know, I would love to really know and understand how the rest of the league heavy-hitters view our front office, Pioli in particular, and the franchise in general. I mean, the kind of opinion that you get over a couple of scotchs and a cigar. I'll bet it isn't very pretty, to be honest.

FAX

notorious 10-03-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobet selur (Post 8972371)
Well, Romo is a much better passer than Cassel. Romo does have baggage but if he didn't have baggage than there is no way he would be available. I think a change of location for him might do wonders. I hate the Cowboys play calling. It is horrible. They never stick with the running game..Never. I think if Romo was on a team that can run the ball and does run the ball he would be much more effective.

Romo's problem is mental, Cassel's problem is everything.