ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Netflix Additions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268898)

|Zach| 04-08-2013 10:46 PM

Wish there were more seasons of Venture Bros and Metalocalypse would love to marathon those but Netflix is always awesome. Always surprised about the amount of people that bitch about it.

Been going through West Wing again in my spare time.

Richard_Cuckold 04-09-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9570267)
Wish there were more seasons of Venture Bros and Metalocalypse would love to marathon those but Netflix is always awesome. Always surprised about the amount of people that bitch about it.

Been going through West Wing again in my spare time.

lol Metalocalypse is a criminally underrated show. Cracks me up.

Not a fan of Venture Bros though, I blind bought it because my friends all said it was awesome but I just could never get into it. Oh well.

|Zach| 04-09-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Cuckold (Post 9570340)

Not a fan of Venture Bros though, I blind bought it because my friends all said it was awesome but I just could never get into it. Oh well.

It is a really subtle and slow rolling humor. I am not even typing that condescendingly it took me forever to appreciate it and I can't even believe I came around.

It is the year after year tv show version of watching a "blah" movie...then getting it 3\4th of the way in then having to go back again to enjoy the whole thing.

Deberg_1990 04-18-2013 09:30 PM

Hemlock Grove drops tomorrow

Swanman 04-19-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Cuckold (Post 9570340)

I saw Dethklok in concert recently and it was a great show. Every song had its own cartoon accompaniment and it was very R-rated for the most part. The musicians that make up the band are great, especially the drummer.

007 04-19-2013 03:14 PM

no sign of Chuck yet

whoman69 04-23-2013 09:14 AM

I have to say I'm disappointed in their limited selection and arbitrary library. The new shows from cartoon network only have about half the actual episodes.
Why is it they have the original True Grit but not Rooster Cogburn? Trying to find a good movie on there takes a lucky search.

Chazno 04-23-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9616536)
I have to say I'm disappointed in their limited selection and arbitrary library. The new shows from cartoon network only have about half the actual episodes.
Why is it they have the original True Grit but not Rooster Cogburn? Trying to find a good movie on there takes a lucky search.

I've been with netflix since early on and while I wont say they have a great library. They have improved their library a thousand times over. I wouldn't hesitate to say they have the best subscription based streaming service.

If you are looking for new TV shows, you wont find them until they are at least a season old and their DVD has been out a few months. This isn't a netflix issue, this is the content producers wanting the DVD sales.

Deberg_1990 04-23-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9616536)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazno (Post 9616594)
This isn't a netflix issue, this is the content producers wanting the DVD sales.

This is why they are getting into the "original programming" game.

Rausch 04-23-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9601496)
Hemlock Grove drops tomorrow

I've watched about 7 or 8 eps and I'm still undecided.

Going the Lost route of throwing out a lot of questions and not giving out any answers...

SLAG 04-23-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9604227)
no sign of Chuck yet

I remember waiting for the wonder years but it took them 3 months longer than I had read about - and when they did have it it had a shitty theme song.

I wonder if Netflix is fixing the Theme song (cake) due to contracts or something.

Also see: Married with Children

Deberg_1990 04-24-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9619290)
I remember waiting for the wonder years but it took them 3 months longer than I had read about - and when they did have it it had a shitty theme song.

I wonder if Netflix is fixing the Theme song (cake) due to contracts or something.

Also see: Married with Children

I dont think thats a Netflix problem. Its a rights issue getting the songs that aired originally with these shows. It would be the same if you bought the box sets. Its a problem with a ton of old shows. Especially ones that featured alot of music like WKRP in Cinncinati.

Archie F. Swin 04-24-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9617012)
I've watched about 7 or 8 eps and I'm still undecided.

Going the Lost route of throwing out a lot of questions and not giving out any answers...

after 3 episodes I gave it the finger...

....the opposite of thumbs up

Rausch 04-24-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 9620850)
after 3 episodes I gave it the finger...

....the opposite of thumbs up

It's like the writers of Twilight and Fringe got together to do a show and had the guy from American Horror Story direct it.

Then some suit said "Moar sex! Needs moar sex scenes!"

kcxiv 04-24-2013 03:20 PM

it doesnt have that many sex scenes half the time you dont see anything. I thought it was decent as i finished all episodes lastnight.

its alot better then most shit in this genre thats on tv. at least to me.