ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

Sure-Oz 04-30-2008 11:56 PM

Anyone having issues freezing up on ps3? Supposedly online doesn't work and it freezes alot on ps3, atleast mostly on the 60gig version. I guess this is pretty common and rockstar hasnt said anything about it yet. Makes me wonder if i should open mine and try it. I heard a few have played it and had it completely **** up their system and not run any games after. That was a 60gig owner though...

I have yet to open mine and have a reciept....i assume a ps3 update is soon to happen/patch

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 11:58 PM

open it up and try it. if you can get past the opening cinematic, you're probably fine to run the singleplayer.
online has been down for a lot of PS3 users.

Ultra Peanut 05-01-2008 12:02 AM

It's not freezing for me, but I can't connect to any games for shit right now.

Ultra Peanut 05-01-2008 04:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found a street preacher! A real fire and brimstone type, too. He kind of sounded like DL Hughley.

I also tipped a saxaphone player, who proceeded to call me a Philistine. The only real response I could muster was to punch him in the face and push him down a hill. I think he won the argument, but I felt better in the end.

Then, a while later, I somehow managed to instigate a three-man fight on the tracks directly in front of a train that was about to depart. Ouch.

Also, this isn't my story, but it's quite possibly the greatest video game moment I've ever read about:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secks
- Outside Burger Shot, I bumped into a bunch of Hells Angels who started chasing me because I bumped into them all. As I was running, I took a swipe with my knife at a pedestrian who was a very fat guy with a long white beard. As I stabbed him, I decided to quickly finish him off and I could hear one of the Angels yell "No! Santa!"

Anyways, here's a shot of my little friend (sounds like DL, looks like Robert Guillaume):

The Franchise 05-01-2008 08:22 AM

I played this game last night for about 2 hours......and it's seriously the best game I've played in the last two years.

I was on the first date with Michelle.....and some cop tripped over my foot while we were walking. lol He instantly started shooting me. lol

Hootie 05-01-2008 11:11 AM

what do you do playing live? Is there a point? Please answer =)

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 11:17 AM

There are many, many different online game modes (crooks n' cops, deathmatch, race, free roam, etc). what's the point?? It's fun to roam around the giant open world with your buds...

Sure-Oz 05-01-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4729074)
open it up and try it. if you can get past the opening cinematic, you're probably fine to run the singleplayer.
online has been down for a lot of PS3 users.

I gotcha, i do have a 40gb version so hopefully it will work, i assume an update will resolve this issue, id hate to be out $60

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4729515)
I gotcha, i do have a 40gb version so hopefully it will work, i assume an update will resolve this issue, id hate to be out $60

I hope we'll get a patch to fix this multiplayer issue. I doubt they're doing much in terms of patches/fixes while the game is selling like hotcakes though.

Sure-Oz 05-01-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4729531)
I hope we'll get a patch to fix this multiplayer issue. I doubt they're doing much in terms of patches/fixes while the game is selling like hotcakes though.

So true...

kcxiv 05-01-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4729531)

I am almost positive they are looking into it, but they first have to find out what exactly is causing the problem with the PS3 60GB versions. Plus its not all 60GB models. Some people play it flawlessly. Then when they find that out they gotta fix it, go through QA/Testing. Then they have to submit it to PS3 and see if they accept it, if not R* has to redo it until Sony accepts the patch. Its alot of bullshit. This got explained to the Mods on the 2k forum about the MLB2k8 patch. lol

Edit-

I also love how i have not seen 2 people look the same. Thats a pretty amazing feat right there. lol

QuikSsurfer 05-01-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4729984)
I am almost positive they are looking into it, but they first have to find out what exactly is causing the problem with the PS3 60GB versions. Plus its not all 60GB models. Some people play it flawlessly. Then when they find that out they gotta fix it, go through QA/Testing. Then they have to submit it to PS3 and see if they accept it, if not R* has to redo it until Sony accepts the patch. Its alot of bullshit. This got explained to the Mods on the 2k forum about the MLB2k8 patch. lol

Edit-

I also love how i have not seen 2 people look the same. Thats a pretty amazing feat right there. lol

**** the PS3 :)
I'm worried about the 360s multiplayer.

I might've seen the same hooker twice :)

dj56dt58 05-01-2008 05:01 PM

i've had no problems playing online until right now..says it cant connect..any one else having this problem?

kcxiv 05-01-2008 05:03 PM

I expect servers to be crashing on both ps3 and 360 for the first week. Remember this game is supposed to sell about 9million copies this week. I could see 1.5-2 million people online playing. Something is bound to break.

dj56dt58 05-01-2008 05:19 PM

Michelle has split personalities..We come out of the restaurant and my truck is gone so i hijack a car but it was locked so i smash open the window..she goes around and kicks the window in on her side..later she gets pissed at me for hijacking a car and leaves..we later got in another fight after i shot her in the face