ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey coming up next on NFL Network (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270280)

O.city 02-22-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9425738)
wait ... people bitched when he didn't talk enough because the fans felt ignored and disrespected.

Now you are saying he 'mislead' people when he said he didn't want to be the media guy?

Wait are you still taking up for the guy?

He always talked about wanting to not be the spotlight, that it wasn't the GM"s job. Yet who was always on camera?

The Bad Guy 02-22-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9425752)
Wait are you still taking up for the guy?

He always talked about wanting to not be the spotlight, that it wasn't the GM"s job. Yet who was always on camera?

Yep. He always said it was his job to be out of the spotlight. That was the HC's job.

Don't mind Laz. Rational takes aren't part of his catalog.

Gravedigger 02-22-2013 01:33 PM

At least he's doing interviews and not that, "the head coach is the face of the franchise" bullshit that Pioli used as a gimmick to not talk to the fans or media.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9425747)
I know people in the Chiefs building that say Dorsey has been the complete opposite of SP. They say he shakes everyone's hand, talks to people like people and is very down to earth.

I have a college friend who works for the Packers and he said he's one of the nicest guys he's met.

I think his on-camer persona is awkward because he's not comfortable in front of it.

This is the way I see it.

B14ckmon 02-22-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9425768)
At least he's doing interviews and not that, "the head coach is the face of the franchise" bullshit that ***** used as a gimmick to not talk to the fans or media.

What?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine

They are interviewing every GM.

Mike in SW-MO 02-22-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9425609)
If the Chiefs can sign Jackson to a 3 year contract for about $3 million per, I'd be thrilled. If he wants more, he can walk.

I doubt the NFLPA will approve any contract with less $ than the current one. I like 2 year extension with some combination of signing bonus & third year ballon adding up to $14 mil. Puts cap around 4.33 per year.

That's a little high for his production, but not totally out of whack. I would not be surprised to see him released, make a FA tour then wind up back here.

mnchiefsguy 02-22-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 9425811)
I doubt the NFLPA will approve any contract with less $ than the current one. I like 2 year extension with some combination of signing bonus & third year ballon adding up to $14 mil. Puts cap around 4.33 per year.

That's a little high for his production, but not totally out of whack. I would not be surprised to see him released, make a FA tour then wind up back here.

The NFLPA can kiss John Dorsey's ass. They may not like the offer, but there is nothing they can do if Jackson agrees to it.

Jackson is probably gone though. Either way, I am not losing any sleep over it.

O.city 02-22-2013 02:13 PM

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne
McCarthy on John Dorsey: Always referred to him as Paul Harvey with how he asked questions. ...He's a grinder. He's a hard worker

DaneMcCloud 02-22-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 9425811)

Since when does the NFLPA have any say in player compensation?

Players are worth what a team decides to pay.

siberian khatru 02-22-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9425747)
I know people in the Chiefs building that say Dorsey has been the complete opposite of SP. They say he shakes everyone's hand, talks to people like people and is very down to earth.

I have a college friend who works for the Packers and he said he's one of the nicest guys he's met.

I think his on-camer persona is awkward because he's not comfortable in front of it.

It's the smooth ones you gotta watch out for.

Mike in SW-MO 02-22-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9425913)
Since when does the NFLPA have any say in player compensation?

Players are worth what a team decides to pay.

I could be wrong, but I have always been under the impression contracts could be disapproved by the NFLPA. Similar to league review of trades.

Part and parcel of collective bargaining. It is not just you and the team. If you take a pay cut, it affects the other players future pay as well. NFLPA no likey.

Dayze 02-22-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9425638)
Dorsey may get an arrogant prick tag, but it will be impossible for it to equal *****'s. That one who sucks the penis is the most arrogant mother****er I've ever come across in any sport.

The dinner, the scouts in the first draft, Jackson, The Right 53, it's literally insurmountable.

:hmmm: what was that incident?

PaulAllen 02-22-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9425970)
:hmmm: what was that incident?

The dinner with Scott, Haley, and some local journalists including Whitlock. It was apparently the first eye opener that they got up close and personal.

RustShack 02-22-2013 02:43 PM

Don't get me wrong, I want to keep Jackson. He's good, just not elite. If he's not willing to take a reasonable pay cut, then cut him. Try signing him after he talks to a few teams and sees what his market is. If they are also offering him too much, then let him go. But I don't see that happening, and if he wants a starting job his best bet is coming back here IMO.

Easy 6 02-22-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9425893)
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne
McCarthy on John Dorsey: Always referred to him as Paul Harvey with how he asked questions. ...He's a grinder. He's a hard worker.

NOOOOOO

DORSEY IS THE MATT CASSEL OF GM'S!

NOOOOOO