ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Chronicles: The Conclusion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211171)

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

his passes over 30 yards were complete dogshit
This cannot be defined by a stat sheet.

Cassel threw some VERY NICE passes over 30 yards. Beautiful ones. Shit you see Pro Bowl quarterbacks make...some were caught, some were dropped.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 5939854)
Best EVAR in KC.

I'm not going to take the time to post screen caps.

Here's Taylor: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Ot00.htm?redir

Here's Bowe:

Hey, I hope he turns the corner big time this year, I really do. He's got the tools, no question.

If you can get the ball to him with precise timing, allowing him to build momentum on the intermediate and slightly longer routes, his YAC will be off the ****ing charts due to that monster frame w/speed of his.

You bring up Otis Taylor. I'd like to see him in the Hall, and I'd like to see the second coming of Mack Lee Hill on this team. All I've got is old footage and a few interviews, but I really like the way he played and carried himself.

That guy was special.

Mecca 08-01-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 5939860)
The idea that the Pats line is good is ****ing hog$#it.

The exact same line that ended Bledsoe's career in NE is the same line Brady rode to a Lombardi.

Brady gets rid of the ball quick. He reads the field unbelievably well. He is decisive.

His line, and has for years, sucks...

Which is why as I said Brady makes their line. Considering they've all been playing their entire careers with him they get use to how fast the ball is going to come out etc.

Rausch 08-01-2009 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939863)

You bring up Otis Taylor. I'd like to see him in the Hall, and I'd like to see the second coming of Mack Lee Hill on this team. All I've got is old footage and a few interviews, but I really like the way he played and carried himself.

That guy was special.

Hey, that's who he reminds me of...

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 05:24 AM

Well, for being "The Conclusion" of the Cassel Chronicles, we sure as hell haven't reached one!ROFL

BossChief 08-01-2009 05:26 AM

If Bradley and Engram do their jobs effectively, Bowe will have a 1300/10 year, if teams are allowed to double Bowe without paying for it, it will be a very long year.

The "pistol" formation was utilized to help LJ in his pass blocking and it was quite effective, I bet we see it frequently during the upcoming year to keep defenses quessing.

Rausch 08-01-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 5939872)
The "pistol" formation was utilized to help LJ in his pass blocking and it was quite effective, I bet we see it frequently during the upcoming year to keep defenses quessing.

It sounds like the basis for the entire offense, starting off anyway...

milkman 08-01-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939755)
Jesus ****ing Christ, you.

Let me put it like this, and hopefully you will finally understand the ****ing difference:

Pocket Mobility, Chiefs-Style:

Gannon was a runner.

Elvis was a trotter.

No.

Vick was a runner.

Gannon was a passer who was very good at running.

BossChief 08-01-2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939862)
This cannot be defined by a stat sheet.

Cassel threw some VERY NICE passes over 30 yards. Beautiful ones. Shit you see Pro Bowl quarterbacks make...some were caught, some were dropped.

...some were overthrown by 7+ yards....

just sayin

3-26 means alot of bad things combined

Thigpen was almost three times more productive on similar throws.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 5939878)

Thigpen was almost three times more productive on similar throws.

So?

BossChief 08-01-2009 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939880)
So?

So, its nice to have two qbs that have team attitudes that complement each other. Maybe the competition from each other over the next two years provides us with a franchise pro bowl qb by the time its all said and done.

Ya know another interesting fact is that back in 2001, the Patriots had just signed Bledsoe to a 100 million dollar contract when Brady took over during the year because Parcells and the Parcells type (BB) dont give a **** bout no money, they want the best shot qt winning.

I for one hope that Cassel never slips up and provides us with stability at the position for 10 or so years.

milkman 08-01-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939850)
They couldn't pass block because he is completely different than Brady. Brady would change plays and have the ball out in about 3 seconds, no one would expect Cassel to do that and they were playing a different type of offense.

With Brady it was, big plays score a lot of points QB is out best player all of that.

With Cassel it was we have talent if you do enough and don't screw up we can still win a lot of games. And it's what they should of done with a guy who hadn't played in so long.

NE's line isn't awesome or bad, a lot of how they had looked in previous years had to do with the way Brady plays. Hell they ran the hell out of the ball this past year.

The Chiefs I feel will let Cassel do his thing and not tell him not to take chances and all of that that's why I think his pick numbers will increase it's really only logical.

Actually, the Patriots O-Line was had the first of the season last year.

And they've never actually been more than servicable, but were made to look better than they are by Brady's incredible pocket awareness and uncanny ability to glide away from pressure in the pocket.

milkman 08-01-2009 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939851)
Why are you completely ignoring the fact that the Chiefs line sucks even more balls than the Pats 2008 line?

The Chiefs O-Line does suck, but the seperation between them and the Pats O-Line last year through the first half isn't nearly as stark as you believe.

Mr. Krab 08-01-2009 10:17 AM

Well at least it's nice to know that now we can go to sleep at night having already reached a conclusion about our QB before he's even taken a single snap as a Chief.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939784)
Are you seriously going to try and tell me that every pass he throws is perfectly tight and beautiful? Is this what you're saying to me?

you stupid ignorant mother****er. name me one QB playing, not playing, hell on mother****ing madden 2008-09-10 anywhere that throws a perfectly tight beautiful pass EVERY TIME.