ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Texting in the theater in Florida? I don't think so... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280643)

FishingRod 01-14-2014 11:45 AM

I cannot condone shooting a person for being rude in a Theater, I UNDERSTAND IT,

but can’t condone it.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-14-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10369249)
Texting a 3yr old....I call BS.....

perhaps the babysitter

kcfanXIII 01-14-2014 12:00 PM

I would guess the wife was trying to hold her husband back. If the texter threatened the old man, the old man really had no other choice. His choices were shoot or take an ass beating. The problem is, this is all based on my own assumption that the wife being shot in the hand is due to her trying to hold her husband back. I'm trying to wait until we get more info before I pass a judgement.

beach tribe 01-14-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10368652)
Lighten up Francis... LOL, the academy!!!

Watch out for Mahoney.

Hes a real prankster.

Carlota69 01-14-2014 12:04 PM

I had an old guy start some shit with me during the preview-previews. The lights werent even down and my friend and I were chatting about whatever, and he wanted us to not talk at all. I told him he wasnt the boss of me and I could talk if I wanted to. He fought with me for roughly 5 mins, and I didnt back down at all. He ended up dropping it.

No one has the right to tell you what to do just cuz they dont like it. I dont give a shit who the dude was texting, he wasnt texting during the movie, and even if he was, he didnt deserve to die over it.

I realize CP is trying to regain its "burst", but ****ing A people....

Dartgod 01-14-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369605)
If the texter threatened the old man, the old man really had no other choice.

Threatened him how? To kick his ass? Not justified. Unless the victim actually produced a weapon of some sort, there is no justification for shooting him.

Gravedigger 01-14-2014 12:06 PM

The Veteran claimed he was struck by an unknown object, he the pulled out his gun, shot the guy once, then sat back down in his seat and put the gun on his lap. Witnesses claimed no punches were thrown.

BigRichard 01-14-2014 12:08 PM

One hundred and twelve posts and not one "Ban cell phones!" post. You guys are slackings.

Ban cell phones!

GloryDayz 01-14-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10369612)
Watch out for Mahoney.

Hes a real prankster.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8szuknTjjbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man 01-14-2014 12:12 PM

Other patrons later lauded Lone Survivor as the most realistic war movie ever.

Easy 6 01-14-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10369164)
This is why I don't go to the theatre anymore.

I try to stick to weekday matinee's, sooo much more enjoyable than being packed in there like a sardine with a bunch morons.

Radar Chief 01-14-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10369631)
Other patrons later lauded Lone Survivor as the most realistic war movie ever.

Commenting that they didn't realize it is in 3D.

kcfanXIII 01-14-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10369617)
Threatened him how? To kick his ass? Not justified. Unless the victim actually produced a weapon of some sort, there is no justification for shooting him.

at 70 if the texter was threatening him physically, it might as well been a threat on his life. A theater is full of stairs. An old person isn't guaranteed to survive a tumble down stairs. There is also the possibility that his body couldn't have recovered from a physical assault. He has no responsibility to sit there and accept an ass beating. People have a right to defend themselves. I would also like to stress that I am only arguing under the assumption the texter was the aggressor. I do not feel enough information has been released to come to a conclusion as to who was at fault.

Fish 01-14-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369605)
I would guess the wife was trying to hold her husband back. If the texter threatened the old man, the old man really had no other choice. His choices were shoot or take an ass beating. The problem is, this is all based on my own assumption that the wife being shot in the hand is due to her trying to hold her husband back. I'm trying to wait until we get more info before I pass a judgement.

You'd really rather kill someone than take a few punches?

Brock 01-14-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369670)
at 70 if the texter was threatening him physically, it might as well been a threat on his life. A theater is full of stairs. An old person isn't guaranteed to survive a tumble down stairs. There is also the possibility that his body couldn't have recovered from a physical assault. He has no responsibility to sit there and accept an ass beating. People have a right to defend themselves. I would also like to stress that I am only arguing under the assumption the texter was the aggressor. I do not feel enough information has been released to come to a conclusion as to who was at fault.

Jesus christ people will attempt to justify anything.