ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dear, Vikings: Thanks for our quarterback; Sincerely, Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197822)

Mr. Plow 12-04-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5269591)
Darth CarlSatan is a moron...

LJ has looked really good running the football the last three weeks...he looks like the LJ of old...

Even the few 2 yard runs he had were impressive...he ran hard and finished every run.

I am willing to bet LJ will be a monster down the stretch...he's going to average 100 yards per game to finish out the season...and he'll be a 1000 yard back. I'd bet on it.

Exactly. LJ has looked so much better the last 3 weeks in this offense than he ever did running his head into the centers ass.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5269616)
Meh.

It just doesn't bother me...one more incident and he's done, that's for sure...but until then as long as he produces he's ok in my book. Lets face it, 50% of professional athletes are scum these days.

Fair Enough... Cant argue that...

Sure-Oz 12-04-2008 12:51 PM

LJ actually has had space to run, he's had some good hard nosed runs and is actually part of the offense again

Hootie 12-04-2008 12:51 PM

Here's why I wouldn't mind having a great offense and a horrible defense next season...

During the DV years, we knew with the age of our OL and skill players, there was a small window for our defense to come around and get us that trophy.

Now, we're so young it wouldn't be such a big deal because we'd have a much larger window.

That being said, even a vast improvement to the defense next year could still mean it would be shitty as hell...because right now our defense has been a complete abortion. You have to be able to pressure the QB...and no one on our defense is remotely capable.

Mr. Plow 12-04-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 5269614)
As stated on page 1 of this thread, our run offense is ranked #12 in the NFL. Since we've gone spread we've rushed the ball more, gained more yards and have a higher yards per carry average.

But but but.....we can't run out of this offense.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5269611)
I agree, it's about balance.

Right now I'm just happy that this season wasn't a total waste, and perhaps we might have found an offense.

Next year we better have a vastly improved defense or it's bye bye to Herm...anything less than 8-8 and a revamped defensive line in 2009 equals failure in my mind.

We were suppose to be bad this year...I figured we'd be better on defense than we would be on offense...the fact that we have 6 sacks on the year means Herm isn't doing his job, plain and simple. I'm willing to waste one more year on Herm because the players continue to play hard for him...which isn't the case for the other teams that have similar records to Kansas City. We are a pretty competitive 2-10 team.

Its going to be hard to get 8 wins next year. The coaches Herm has to go up against are far head and shoulders above Herm...

So with Herms usual 2 game collaspe with his spineless approach to coaching and probably 2-3 games where Herm will just be out coached, I can see this team going between 4-12 and 6-10, and give just a maricle of a season and coaching job from Herm 7-9 at best...

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 5269617)
Exactly. LJ has looked so much better the last 3 weeks in this offense than he ever did running his head into the centers ass.

Okay, so let's call it "The Missouri Compromise" then; as long as we run to the outside, we're fine.

And that's cool with me, because in those instances I watched LJ trying to get up the middle, instances where his OWN LINEMEN were causing him to stop and stutter; it looked like total shit and achieved the yardage equivalent of said shit.

Hootie 12-04-2008 12:55 PM

here's my take on LJ...

I think he's a smart guy. I really think this latest incident and the negative media he has received nationally and from Goodell has humbled him. He realizes that he's not untouchable and that Herm and the Chiefs won't take his shit anymore.

This is his last shot to create a legacy for himself after his time in the NFL is over...and I think he's willing to be a better teammate now. I have seen a huge difference out of LJ since his return from suspension/deactivation. I think he wants to win badly, and that the R2P2 is a big reason for the way he conducted himself the past two years.

I'm willing to give him ONE more chance.

R&GHomer 12-04-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269329)
Oh baby; that is one laundry list full of Wrong.

You can't handicap the running game by working out of the shotgun all day. I'm a fan of Thigpen, but this is just scary stupid.

For now, I'm going to trust that Gaily will be able to adapt the offense into something a tad more conventional.

Hootie 12-04-2008 12:56 PM

the spread has allowed LJ to get a little space...and that's when he's at his best...give him a crease and he's one cut and in the open field...where he's REALLY dangerous.

He's had SEVERAL long runs this year...something he didn't see last season before his injury. The explosion is still there...he's still in his prime...it was just hidden behind the R2P2.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 12:57 PM

I hope so too. It's a shame to see a player with that much talent make such horrid personal decisions, decisions that could lead not just to the end of his career, but possibly even worse.

I hope you're right; I really do.

Hootie 12-04-2008 12:58 PM

defenses can't really even prepare because every week we do something a lot different...we ran the spread 90% of the game against the Jets...something we've never done...so obviously they were off balance...

Then, against Tampa, Thigpen operated under center for the majority of the 1st half...where we scored 24 points and had 3 straight TD drives...

Then, when LJ returned we started running out of the pistol...

At least the offensive creativity displayed saved the season from being a total disaster and made some games entertaining...which is something I didn't see possible two months ago.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269639)
I hope so too. It's a shame to see a player with that much talent make such horrid personal decisions, decisions that could lead not just to the end of his career, but possibly even worse.

I hope you're right; I really do.

See Plexiglass Burress!

Sure-Oz 12-04-2008 01:00 PM

I love how Plax may lose his career and freedom but pacman has had a million chances, that dude deserves to be in jail more than plax's dumbass

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R&GHomer (Post 5269637)
For now, I'm going to trust that Gaily will be able to adapt the offense into something a tad more conventional.

I hope so, because we've all seen it; running that scheme against anyone other than Oakland may put us in a dog fight or even keep it close, but it's success at "closing the deal" hasn't been what I would call stellar.