ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Avengers 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273151)

salame 03-23-2014 12:05 AM

I read that X-men/Marvel movie might be Cable and Deadpool

Which would be AWESOME

Tribal Warfare 03-23-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10508786)
comic book geeks

Got a problem with that?

Tribal Warfare 03-23-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 10509595)

Which would be AWESOME

Cable is my favorite X-Factor character bar none

bowener 03-23-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10508313)
Because it was atrocious.

And the Human Torch is now Captain America.

In the new one the HT is gonna be black and Susan, his sister, will be white. LOL.

This really isn't a big deal. People are adopted all the time, and the FF aren't genetically endowed with their powers. They received them from a cosmic storm.

I could care less if JS is historically white. As long as a story is well written that is all that should matter. With that being said, this franchise will always be a steaming pile of shit.

Rausch 03-23-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10509609)
Cable is my favorite X-Factor character bar none

I don't think he was ever in X-Factor.

He was in most of X-Force and his own titles...

Aries Walker 03-23-2014 07:38 AM

Here's the problem: Previously, black actors (Eartha Kitt, Michael Clarke Duncan, Samuel L. Jackson, Idris Elba) were hired because they were right for the character, and the fact that they were black was never addressed or mentioned in-story; they just happened to be so and it was no big deal. By race-flipping Jon Storm, and casting his sister as gleamingly white, the makers of Fantastic Four have to explain it in-story, which makes *it* the story. So it won't only be a bad movie, but a step back in superhero racial portrayals; comic books have enough of a problem with racial portrayals and can't afford that, but these are movie people making these choices, and they don't care so much about comic book problems.

This is stunt casting. This is hiring a black actor to play a traditionally white role to make the movie makers seem racially sensitive (especially to the more ethnically-diverse Millennials) and to get their movie talked about. This, plus hiring the Chronicle guy to do that kind of movie, plus basing it on the ridiculous "Ultimate" interpretation of the characters, plus it being so soon after the previous two movies, plus it being rushed through production, plus taking ten or twenty years off the characters' ages, plus hiring the youngest, mousiest looking nerd they could as Mr. Fantastic, and a thin, short dancer as the Thing, means this movie is going to su*******.

Suck, like Green Lantern suck. Really bad suck.

Rausch 03-23-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10509674)
Here's the problem: Previously, black actors (Eartha Kitt, Michael Clarke Duncan, Samuel L. Jackson, Idris Elba) were hired because they were right for the character, and the fact that they were black was never addressed or mentioned in-story; they just happened to be so and it was no big deal. By race-flipping Jon Storm, and casting his sister as gleamingly white, the makers of Fantastic Four have to explain it in-story, which makes *it* the story. So it won't only be a bad movie, but a step back in superhero racial portrayals; comic books have enough of a problem with racial portrayals and can't afford that, but these are movie people making these choices, and they don't care so much about comic book problems.

This is stunt casting. This is hiring a black actor to play a traditionally white role to make the movie makers seem racially sensitive (especially to the more ethnically-diverse Millennials) and to get their movie talked about. This, plus hiring the Chronicle guy to do that kind of movie, plus basing it on the ridiculous "Ultimate" interpretation of the characters, plus it being so soon after the previous two movies, plus it being rushed through production, plus taking ten or twenty years off the characters' ages, plus hiring the youngest, mousiest looking nerd they could as Mr. Fantastic, and a thin, short dancer as the Thing, means this movie is going to su*******.

Suck, like Green Lantern suck. Really bad suck.

With great black characters out there like Black Panther and Luke Cage you don't have to invent a reason. Make a movie about great characters you're ignoring...

Aries Walker 03-23-2014 02:36 PM

Luke Cage is in production; he's one of the four in the upcoming Netflix series.

Black Panther is a bit more problematic. For one thing, his name is Black Panther, which (although he wasn't intended this way) carries some political weight with it. He's also not American, wears a mask and black pajamas, and has no actual super-powers. It would have to be a movie about racism; there's not much of a way around it.

Personally, I'd put him, Daredevil and Moon Knight together in a three-buddy vigilante movie, set in Hell's Kitchen, in 1975 - but ideas like that are probably why I'm not in charge.

ThaVirus 03-23-2014 03:49 PM

I don't see an issue with Black Panther.

He's not American but he's a king. That's boss.

He doesn't have actual super powers, but the heart-shaped herb basically makes him Captain America level, physically speaking. That's boss.

Black Panther, especially given his costume and fighting demeanor, is really more a reference to black cats. Black big cats are boss.

His costume is not much different than any other superhero. Deadpool probably has the coolest costume of any superhero and it's basically just a red and black version of BP's. That's pretty boss.

Fish 03-23-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 10509595)

Which would be AWESOME

JIMP

Rausch 03-24-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10511640)
I don't see an issue with Black Panther.

He's not American but he's a king. That's boss.

He doesn't have actual super powers, but the heart-shaped herb basically makes him Captain America level, physically speaking. That's boss.

Black Panther, especially given his costume and fighting demeanor, is really more a reference to black cats. Black big cats are boss.

His costume is not much different than any other superhero. Deadpool probably has the coolest costume of any superhero and it's basically just a red and black version of BP's. That's pretty boss.

Dude rules his nation AND has the money of Tony Stark AND sits on a valuable (imaginary) mineral only found there. Which also happens to be what Cap's shield and a number of other supes tech is made out of.

And he got to bone Storm.

Rausch 03-24-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10511329)
Luke Cage is in production; he's one of the four in the upcoming Netflix series.

I forgot about that.

They screw it up I'll be pissed...

Mecca 03-24-2014 10:13 AM

Clamoring for Deadpool to be in a movie, you all know that Ryan Reynolds has been begging for that role for years right...wonder if he'll have the success with that one he had with Green Lantern.

Aries Walker 03-24-2014 02:51 PM

As long as they keep Brian Posehn to do the writing.

lawrenceRaider 03-24-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10511329)

Black Panther is a bit more problematic. For one thing, his name is Black Panther, which (although he wasn't intended this way) carries some political weight with it. He's also not American, wears a mask and black pajamas, and has no actual super-powers. It would have to be a movie about racism; there's not much of a way around it.

Personally, I'd put him, Daredevil and Moon Knight together in a three-buddy vigilante movie, set in Hell's Kitchen, in 1975 - but ideas like that are probably why I'm not in charge.

Hell I'd like to see that!