ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mack Rhoades is a Mother****ing Disaster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299772)

DJ's left nut 07-15-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12317480)
Majority of those are professors who work in completely useless degree fields. Funny how none of the business school, law, journalism, medical schools signed that.

Well, except for Christina Wells. The same Wells who's driving the mob that's after Earleywine because she hates the fact that men can coach women's programs.

She's a goddamn nut.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-15-2016 10:47 PM

There were multiple professors from the J-School who signed that letter, along with professors in chemistry, biomedical science, health science, and physics.

Discuss Thrower 07-16-2016 03:42 AM

So the faculty condones the suppression of the First Amendment and assaulting people who exercise First Amendment rights.

Congrats on proudly supporting an ethically bankrupt institution, Hamas.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-16-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12318024)
So the faculty condones the suppression of the First Amendment and assaulting people who exercise First Amendment rights.

Congrats on proudly supporting an ethically bankrupt institution, Hamas.

I did not and have never supported what Click did; I was correcting the erroneous assertion that it was not signed by professors in "real" degree fields.

With your reading skills, I can definitely see why you washed out.

HonestChieffan 07-16-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Majority of those are professors who work in completely useless degree fields. Funny how none of the business school, law, journalism, medical schools signed that.

Christina E. Wells, School of Law
Cristina Mislán, School of Journalism
Cheryl Heesch, Department of Biomedical Sciences

HonestChieffan 07-16-2016 09:36 AM

Never has been much of a power in sports anyway. Maybe they can just show old 16mm movies of Norm Stewart or something.

O.city 07-16-2016 09:44 AM

So, am I seeing it right that he's going to Baylor?

TomBarndtsTwin 07-16-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12318157)
So, am I seeing it right that he's going to Baylor?

Yes.

Apparently, going from a Dumpster Fire to an AIDS Tree Fire is a desirable thing.

KChiefs1 07-16-2016 10:17 PM

Mack Rhoades is a Mother****ing Disaster

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12317465)
I don't agree with them at all, but I'm curious as to why you think they should be fired.

Stupidity?

Yes I would have fired Pinkel too.

GloryDayz 07-17-2016 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12314276)
I'm a KU guy who really enjoyed our rivalry with MU, and I was really disappointed when they left the conference -- I guess they needed to do what they needed to do.

I thought Pinkel's support of the football team's position as per the "hunger strike" guy was short-sighted and wrong as it pretty much ended up destroying a large chunk of the MU hierarchy and opened the door for the fine mess that they now have on their hands.

I realize that MU is essentially a bad place (spoken with KU tongue firmly planted in cheek), but goodness, they can't seem to catch a break right now. Here's a reluctant hope that they get things squared away soon. Who knows, maybe someday we can again enjoy those interesting bonds created by a true and fun college rivalry.

The school is getting what it deserves after so many bad decisions were made. They're trying to be the Berkley of the Midwest, and have an athletic program too.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)

duncan_idaho 07-17-2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12317064)
A parent of a former player wrote a letter complaining about Earleywine's behavior. Rhoades completely bumble****ed the investigation, and communicated horrifically, alienating both the players and coach.

This isn't a defense of Mack Rhoades...

But a lot of Ehren Earleywine's problems are self-created. You know that old saying... If you run into an asshole in the morning, you met an asshole. If everyone you run into is an asshole, you're the asshole? Think that applies here.

It's not just intellectual elites who have a problem with Earleywine. It's players (including, apparently, his best pitcher, who just transferred to OU and was part of the group that alerted the AD to issues), it's colleagues (other coaches), it's media who cover the team, it's administrators, it's school officials. It's pretty much everyone who interacts with him, except for (most of) the players.

He's a highly successful coach in a sport that doesn't matter. He'd be better served by learning to tone things down and be less abrasive, because he doesn't have enough pull to get away with it.

Trevo_410 07-17-2016 10:44 AM

It's sad that I spent 2 years at my dream school while all this shit was going on. The first year Ferguson riots, the next year after thinking it would all be settled, the ****ing hunger strike. I just wished the administration stood up to the SJWs. Anyways I'm transferring to central missouri. I don't pay all this money to go here and hear lectures from all the liberal professors about how all white men need to do is accept their white male privilege or whatever they spew. I'm all for race equality but this BLM thing is just political agenda bullshit. It's just ****ing sad for us students who came here for an education and to find OURSELVES in a place where we have the freedom to express whatever we want. It's just not the case here, you're rather PC or you're a bigot, racist, homophobic, white privileged, sexist nazi who everybody will avoid not because they don't agree with you but because they too are afraid to be labeled those things as well.

SAUTO 07-17-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 12319330)
It's sad that I spent 2 years at my dream school while all this shit was going on. The first year Ferguson riots, the next year after thinking it would all be settled, the ****ing hunger strike. I just wished the administration stood up to the SJWs. Anyways I'm transferring to central missouri. I don't pay all this money to go here and hear lectures from all the liberal professors about how all white men need to do is accept their white male privilege or whatever they spew. I'm all for race equality but this BLM thing is just political agenda bullshit. It's just ****ing sad for us students who came here for an education and to find OURSELVES in a place where we have the freedom to express whatever we want. It's just not the case here, you're rather PC or you're a bigot, racist, homophobic, white privileged, sexist nazi who everybody will avoid not because they don't agree with you but because they too are afraid to be labeled those things as well.

Having trouble making friends ?

Mizzou_8541 07-17-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Lol, one of them is the department head in my master's degree program. He always seemed douchey.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-17-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12319136)
This isn't a defense of Mack Rhoades...

But a lot of Ehren Earleywine's problems are self-created. You know that old saying... If you run into an asshole in the morning, you met an asshole. If everyone you run into is an asshole, you're the asshole? Think that applies here.

It's not just intellectual elites who have a problem with Earleywine. It's players (including, apparently, his best pitcher, who just transferred to OU and was part of the group that alerted the AD to issues), it's colleagues (other coaches), it's media who cover the team, it's administrators, it's school officials. It's pretty much everyone who interacts with him, except for (most of) the players.

He's a highly successful coach in a sport that doesn't matter. He'd be better served by learning to tone things down and be less abrasive, because he doesn't have enough pull to get away with it.

I absolutely agree with you WRT: Earleywine. My issue wasn't Lowary or the letters or the complaints about his behavior, but the manner in which the investigation was conducted.

Rhoades could have easily cleared this up with the softball by team by telling them: "We have heard reports of X report by the coach. It may be true or it may not, but that's why I'm going to investigate, because I want to protect you, the player, to determine what happened. It may take time, but I'm doing this to make sure that the rules were followed and you weren't subject to unnecessary treatment."

Instead, he managed to alienate almost everyone. This is a case of an asshole being investigated by an ass-clown, which as you might imagine, turned the situation into a Mongolian cluster****.