ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Johnson gets a game ball.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105824)

Rausch 12-06-2004 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
Because I thought it was due to SD's poor run D that enabled both backs to do well.

SD does not have a poor Run D. They are no 1 in the AFC and no 2 in the NFL even AFTER we ran big on them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
That was my reasoning, once again coming back to the argument that RB's can't be judged by 2 games they did well in.

Judging them on 2 games alone is a poor idea, I agree.

But Blaylock has run good in limited action last year, and then again in full game and limited action this year. He's gotten a lot of carries over the last two years, and based on that, I'd give him a B or B+ rating.

On a team with a solid O Line I think he'd be a 1,000 yard rusher. Nothing outstanding, probably no probowler, but solid. JMO.

Wile_E_Coyote 12-06-2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
... Finally, I really liked seeing what he could do on short yardage situations. Dude knows how to fall forward and gain that extra yard.

when he is in a pile, he seems to squirt out the other side, doesn't land where he is hit

Logical 12-06-2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch

On a team with a solid O Line I think he'd be a 1,000 yard rusher. Nothing outstanding, probably no probowler, but solid. JMO.

I think on a team with an o-line like KCs he could be 1300 yard rusher and get 50 catches for around 500 yards. Better than just average, but as you said probably not a Probowler. He just does not have the nose for the endzone that Priest does.

Rausch 12-06-2004 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
I think on a team with an o-line like KCs he could be 1300 yard rusher and get 50 catches for around 500 yards. Better than just average, but as you said probably not a Probowler. He just does not have the nose for the endzone that Priest does.

Outside of Emmit Smith, who does?

:)

StcChief 12-06-2004 12:22 PM

Let's see how LJ does in the remaining games.
A good day against the Raiders, though.
Game ball?

SD away will be a test.

Calcountry 12-06-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

I am happy for the team but not for that POS LJ. I will never like the whiny little bitch but when he does well for the team that is great. Hopefully when it comes to his next contract negotiation Carl screws his azz.

Either way, we can deal Blaylock or LJ for some help on D.

I would say, deal Blaylock.

Lzen 12-06-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
Either way, we can deal Blaylock or LJ for some help on D.

I would say, deal Blaylock.

Nope. Blaylock will be a free agent after this season.

Gaz 12-06-2004 01:07 PM

Good luck, Derrick...please sign with the NFC...

Yeah, Blaylock walks free and clear. He is good enough to play somewhere, perhaps as a starter. So he is not going to stick around and be the #3 RB behind Johnson.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sees no home for DB in KC.

JazzzLovr 12-06-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

We wasted 5 to 6 mil in cap space this year so IMO the less than a milion we would lose on LJ would not likely be that much of a problem to keep Blaylock. But I know it is not going to happen and have resigned myself to this fate.

http://gloverlab.biochem.ualberta.ca...nwallpaper.jpg

Dartgod 12-06-2004 01:19 PM

If Blaylock signs as a FA with another team and becomes a starter, we will get a decent comp pick (3rd round?) the following year won't we?

Rausch 12-06-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzzLovr

ROFL

Rausch 12-06-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
If Blaylock signs as a FA with another team and becomes a starter, we will get a decent comp pick (3rd round?) the following year won't we?

Probably not that high. I'd expect a 6th, maybe a 5th. He wasn't a starter for us, and the comp picks aren't usually that hight anyway.

Dartgod 12-06-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Probably not that high. I'd expect a 6th, maybe a 5th. He wasn't a starter for us, and the comp picks aren't usually that hight anyway.

So we would get something then? I guess assuming he became a starter.

Brock 12-06-2004 01:27 PM

Frankly, I doubt any team is going to sign Blaylock with the intention of making him a starter.

nmt1 12-06-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm_dbf
Game ball?

Q: Did Larry Johnson surprise you?

VERMEIL: “No, in fact, you could see it. When Derrick (Blaylock) got decked like he did, and we were playing Larry in there, you could just see him gaining confidence and power. He was generating energy every time he touched the ball. You could feel it. He just got a game ball – first one.”

Source