ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs sign Kendrell Bell (ESPN Insider) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111799)

HolmeZz 03-08-2005 04:35 PM

It was Porter. But for argument's sake, let's pretend it was Bell.

Hoover 03-08-2005 04:35 PM

Ahhhhhhh a playmaker on Defense Wow what a concept. I'm very pleased.

I think Bell at MLB behind our two lard ass DTs (Sims, Jr. and Dalton) will be really nice. I think our next move is to focus on CB, my bet is we end up with Law, which is fine. Other than that we need to sign a OLB. Doing so not only gets us better LB, but builds depth for this team, I like the idea of having Fox and Mitchell as backups just not starters.

ct 03-08-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz
The guy's almost missed half of the games in his entire career, because of injuries.

Missed 4 games his 1st 3 years, battled sports hernia/groin problem all season last year.

How does missing 17 games of 64 equal almost half to you? Is this some special ChiefsPlanet math thing, like the special spellchecker program?

booger 03-08-2005 04:45 PM

Have they had the press conference yet?

keg in kc 03-08-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger
Have they had the press conference yet?

I haven't heard one.

610 said an hour ago they had audio of Bell and Peterson both to play after the top of the hour, but I'll be damned if I heard it.

Abba-Dabba 03-08-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz
The guy's almost missed half of the games in his entire career, because of injuries.

If you are going to make a stupid ass statement, atleast make it a correct stupid ass statement. Bell has missed 17 games out of a possible 64. Yeah, you're right about missing half his games for his entire career. You are a modern day Einstein, I tell ya.

Do us a favor and quit talking out your poop chute.

booger 03-08-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I haven't heard one.

610 said an hour ago they had audio of Bell and Peterson both to play after the top of the hour, but I'll be damned if I heard it.

If they do, they will probably have a real audio of it on KCchiefs.com.

810's web feed isn't working so i'll have to keep up on the net.

keg in kc 03-08-2005 04:51 PM

610 is playing it right now. He's not in KC, it was a conference call.

Says he's healthy and could play right now.

keg in kc 03-08-2005 04:54 PM

He says they haven't determined yet which of the 3 linebacker positions he's going to play, but that he thinks he can play wherever they need him.

His godfather played for the Chiefs, but I didn't recognize the name. Sounded something like "Jim Marcellus".

Abba-Dabba 03-08-2005 04:57 PM

Quote:

610 is playing it right now. He's not in KC, it was a conference call.

Says he's healthy and could play right now.

He also said he could have played in the AFC championship game, the Steelers elected to not have him play.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-08-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

He says they haven't determined yet which of the 3 linebacker positions he's going to play, but that he thinks he can play wherever they need him.

His godfather played for the Chiefs, but I didn't recognize the name. Sounded something like "Jim Marcellus".

This means they are probably still after Hartwell.

keg in kc 03-08-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special Ed

It could, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Brock 03-08-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

I'd say not.

Rausch 03-08-2005 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufusmaqe
Why would that be?

Bell was my 3rd choice. I'm happy we finally signed somebody, but call me "less than thrilled".

The one thing I really like about Bell is that it's a long term deal and he's young. Unless Peterson put a Girlbac-type poison pill in his contract he should be here for years.

And he's a helluva' pass rusher... :)

matts22 03-08-2005 05:02 PM

Quote:

PLEASE!!!! Hartwell and Bell would be an amazing combo. And they both want to be here!