ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Best QB ever? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159046)

ceebz 03-02-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
Webster Slaughter, Mark Mosley, Mack, Kosar....these guys were one heck on an offense.

Mark Mosley? Did you really just list a kicker?

This must be one of your sarcasm-filled posts.

Amnorix 03-02-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
Please. you are assumming Manning stays healthy that long. The NFL can't protect him his whole career.

Manning will always be known as a cheater and crybaby.

THAT is the END OF THE STORY. Now good day to you sir!

(wait, am I defending Peyton Manning?! WTF?? :spock: )

I agree he's a crybaby. Cheater, perhaps so. I'm not fan of the head weave and alot of other crap that he does.

But he's no more protected than alot of other QBs these days (I see alot of chintzy calls on roughing the passer) and he's got about a hundred starts in a row.

Sure, he could get Thiesmann'ed on opening night, but chances are that Favre's records (except maybe the iron man streak) will all fall to that guy, whether you like it or not.

Halfcan 03-02-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
Elway is the only QB in NFL history to not have a contributing impact to his team winning a SB. See, now this is why I love this site... I would have never known.

And he was never sacked by DT either.

ceebz 03-02-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass
Hey everybody LOOK AT ME! I'm posting the most inane shit I can possibly dream up hoping to get a reaction.
HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME!
doucehnozzle

Well, in 97 Elway did have a decent year, however, that completion percentage (55.8) was piss-poor for a west coast offense.

And in 98, Elway was injured much of the time and didn't pass for 3000 yards. So, while Elway did contribute, he obviously wasn't the sole reason for their success like you donk fans would love to believe.

Frazod 03-02-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
John Elway is the grestest QB to play the game..he's got the stats,m the g;lory, and the atletics. He's the total package...and the only man to live up to the hype.

he;s got cooking spray,m he's got the thinair... :whackit:

Halfcan 03-02-2007 04:14 PM

Marino was twice the passer of Elgay. Elgay was not even the best QB in his time.

Why is nobody talking about the 55 to 10 drubbing of Elgays team to Montana, a better QB in every way???

Frazod 03-02-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Marino was twice the passer of Elgay. Elgay was not even the best QB in his time.

Why is nobody talking about the 55 to 10 drubbing of Elgays team to Montana, a better QB in every way???

I'll talk about it all fucking day. God, that was a great game. :thumb:

vailpass 03-02-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz
Well, in 97 Elway did have a decent year, however, that completion percentage (55.8) was piss-poor for a west coast offense.

And in 98, Elway was injured much of the time and didn't pass for 3000 yards. So, while Elway did contribute, he obviously wasn't the sole reason for their success like you donk fans would love to believe.

ceebz,
Please tell me you don't think the stats you posted above are in any way indicative of an NFL QBs performance. Stats don't measure all of the intangibles a great QB brings to the field that allow him to will his team to victory.

It's not only the achievements you can measure that make an elite NFL QB, it' just as much the ones you can't. If you can't see this you can't truly know or enjoy the game.

You seem like a good poster and knowledgeable football fan. I hate to see you align yourself with the throat yogur gargler who compares Elway to Dilfer. The most avid Bronco haters among you who know their football (paging Frazod, HemiEd, htis, etc.) will tell you this is utterly wrong bordering on insane.

Hammock Parties 03-02-2007 04:19 PM

Screw 55-10. How could anyone forget 31-28? Take me Lord, I've seen it all!

Garcia Bronco 03-02-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz
Mark Mosley? Did you really just list a kicker?

This must be one of your sarcasm-filled posts.

Without the kick he makes against the Jet's in the divisonal round...the Browns don't even make it to the AFCC game. So yeah...I listed Mark Mosley.

CoMoChief 03-02-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania
I dunno, I'd like to see what Manning could do with a stripped down version of that offense. Manning has a wealth of talent around him that few others have ever had. I'm not saying he's only good b/c of that talent, but I'd like to see what he could do with the supporting cast that Elway had in the late 80s or Brady did last year.

I think its more of the fact that since he's a coach on the field, he calls what he sees therefore he makes the players around him better and puts them in positions to make plays. I dont think Reggie Wayne would be as good if he left the Colts. Harrison is Harrison but Young, Montana, Aikman, Marino, Bradshaw, and just about every other player QB on that list has a HoF WR or multiple players around them.

If you are gonna talk about playing with lack of talent around him then I would say Brett Favre.

Garcia Bronco 03-02-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

When Elway left the game...he was the Super Bowl MVP and a Super Bowl champion and he was the winningest QB to ever play the gmae and started 5 Super Bowls.

Marino...was benched in his last game getting drubbed by almost 60 points.

Mile High Mania 03-02-2007 04:21 PM

Reading this thread is funny...

Ok, time to go read the 97 and 98 SI Championship editions. Wow, it's been almost a decade since that first one... and KC still hasn't won a playoff game.

DomCasual 03-02-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Screw 55-10. How could anyone forget 31-28? Take me Lord, I've seen it all!

The highlight of your Chiefs memories is a regular season game?

Classic.

Mile High Mania 03-02-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
I think its more of the fact that since he's a coach on the field, he calls what he sees therefore he makes the players around him better and puts them in positions to make plays. I dont think Reggie Wayne would be as good if he left the Colts. Harrison is Harrison but Young, Montana, Aikman, Marino, Bradshaw, and just about every other player QB on that list has a HoF WR or multiple players around them.

If you are gonna talk about playing with lack of talent around him then I would say Brett Favre.

Right... b/c Favre never had talent around him in the mid to late 90s.

Feel free to go see for yourself... that 1996 team was #1 overall on defense (GoChiefs likes that stat) and they were #1 on offense.