ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Today's draft watch games include Matt Ryan... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177543)

Mecca 12-28-2007 07:16 PM

Matt Ryan is out there trying to win this game with no help.

58-4ever 12-28-2007 07:18 PM

Obviously, I'm not impressed with Ryan. Especially the way he is handling the ball in at the end of this game.

Mecca 12-28-2007 07:19 PM

Without Matt Ryan they'd have no points, they seriously have nothing outside of him. They can't run the ball, the receivers are awful.

58-4ever 12-28-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Without Matt Ryan they'd have no points, they seriously have nothing outside of him. They can't run the ball, the receivers are awful.

So, you want him to come into a situation where there is no offensive line, an aging TE and one good receiver? Matt Ryan is not the answer.

Mecca 12-28-2007 07:27 PM

I wouldn't play him year 1, or well till the end of it....

Also even if you took him first you could still get a OT and at least 1 Guard....

I like Ryan tons more than next years QB prospects, what are we suppose to do wait until there's a can't miss guy in 5 years? By then we'll be mediocre again and win 7 games and then we'll never be able to get a QB.

Pablo 12-28-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Also even if you took him first you could still get a OT and at least 1 Guard....

I like Ryan tons more than next years QB prospects, what are we suppose to do wait until there's a can't miss guy in 5 years? By then we'll be mediocre again and win 7 games and then we'll never be able to get a QB.

Ryan kinda effed himself right there.

By the year 2012, the QB position will be transformed into some sort of uber-ghey QB/RB/WR tandem, and I will die of an aneurysm while trying to watch college football.

Mecca 12-28-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoRox88
Ryan kinda effed himself right there.

By the year 2012, the QB position will be transformed into some sort of uber-ghey QB/RB/WR tandem, and I will die of an aneurysm while trying to watch college football.

A guy like Ryan is becoming fewer and far between too as all of these college teams keep going to the spread offense and using guys like Chase Daniel who basically have no NFL future.

How many teams even use FB's anymore or run pro style offenses? SC does but we're almost a rarity anymore.

Pablo 12-28-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

A guy like Ryan is becoming fewer and far between too as all of these college teams keep going to the spread offense and using guys like Chase Daniel who basically have no NFL future.

How many teams even use FB's anymore or run pro style offenses? SC does but we're almost a rarity anymore.

Yep..it's pretty sad. It says something when a guy like Tim Tebow looks to be the top pro prospect in years to come. Oh yeah Tebow, great step fake, then fly route right down the sideline. Pathetic.

Right now Sam Bradford seems to be the only hope for young college QB's.

Mr. Arrowhead 12-28-2007 07:39 PM

I really think we should give brodie another year before we give up on him. Besides that even if we did take ryan, he would get killed anyways behind our o line. If we dont draft a OT in the first, i am gonna be extremely upset

Mecca 12-28-2007 07:41 PM

It's a deep OT year.....you can get a starter in the 2nd at the position...

I personally even if I took Ryan would start Croyle next year, until Ryan was ready anyway.

Tribal Warfare 12-28-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Ryan needs to be drafted in the right situation to succeed, because he doesn't have jaw dropping talent to qualify for a top 5 pick. He'll need to picked by the right coach and staff to use his talents properly.

Mecca 12-28-2007 07:45 PM

He doesn't have the strongest arm in the world...how many guys with huge arms are good? Kyle Boller has a huge arm is he good?

Guys like Matt Ryan end up being good more often than guys with nothing but all the "measurable tools" Ryan has all the intangibles and even his arm is good enough for the NFL level.

the Talking Can 12-28-2007 07:48 PM

looks like Pennington for better and worse...

Tribal Warfare 12-28-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

He doesn't have the strongest arm in the world...how many guys with huge arms are good? Kyle Boller has a huge arm is he good?

Guys like Matt Ryan end up being good more often than guys with nothing but all the "measurable tools" Ryan has all the intangibles and even his arm is good enough for the NFL level.

Yeah, he'll be good but he'll need to be in the right situation to succeed though, because the guy quite frankly isn't John Elway where he can take a team on his back and win.

RJ 12-28-2007 07:49 PM

I want the Chiefs to use this pick on the best available player. If the best available player happens to be a quarterback, that's who they should take. And I don't get the "he'd get killed behind this line" argument. Like Croyle or Huard won"t?

I'm not saying we should go in looking to draft QB, but if he happens to be the highest rated player on the board when the Chiefs pick then they should take him.