ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bill Maas: Cassel = Grbac (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218278)

Jawshco 11-17-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 6269641)
I REALLY wish the archives could go back in time to show this is exactly what I surmised happened as far as what transpired between Elvis and People magazine. ROFLROFLROFL

http://jeffpearlman.com/index.php?s=elvis+grbac

Wow, that's hilarious. I remember seeing that issue and thinking that they had lost thier minds. Grbac was NOT sexy. The dude's head looked like Frankenstein's monster and the neanderthal had a baby.

Remember that game against San Diego (probably around 1997) when Grbac sat out with a sore pinky? That guy was a wimp with no heart. We had to watch as old man moon went out there and got creamed so that SD could get their 1st win of the season. Horrible game!

Cassel is nothing like that. He touched his way back from an injury and has shown, heart, leadership, and passion for the game. He's smarter and more mobile than Grbac. However, Grbac had a much better arm, a quicker release, but was an idiot and a wimp. In many ways, these two guys are opposites.

Jawshco 11-17-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 6269794)
Cassel reminds me more of David Carr.

That's what I was thinking. Cassel is a bit more fiery than Carr and more mobile for sure. Carr's arm is probably stronger, but their accuracy, vision and tendency to hold on to the ball too long is identical. All in all, Carr had more upside coming out of college, but after being shell shocked in Houston behind the terrible O-line, I'd definitely give the edge to Cassel with what he's been able to scrape together behind our awful line.

milkman 11-17-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 6270044)
That's what I was thinking. Cassel is a bit more fiery than Carr and more mobile for sure. Carr's arm is probably stronger, but their accuracy, vision and tendency to hold on to the ball too long is identical. All in all, Carr had more upside coming out of college, but after being shell shocked in Houston behind the terrible O-line, I'd definitely give the edge to Cassel with what he's been able to scrape together behind our awful line.

Do you not see the problem with this post on Carr.

Carr held the ball too long, and was shell shocked behind the terrible O-Line?

Carr made that O-Line look terrible, when in fact they actually, at the very least, adequate.

The year Carr was replaced by Shaub, that O-Line, whose only "upgrade" was Jordan Balck gave up almost a third of the number of sacks they had with Carr at QB the previous year.

googlegoogle 11-17-2009 01:43 PM

Bill Maas wanted us to draft that big Somoan guy in the draft couple of years ago.

what does that say?

Jawshco 11-17-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6270103)
Do you not see the problem with this post on Carr.

Carr held the ball too long, and was shell shocked behind the terrible O-Line?

Carr made that O-Line look terrible, when in fact they actually, at the very least, adequate.

The year Carr was replaced by Shaub, that O-Line, whose only "upgrade" was Jordan Balck gave up almost a third of the number of sacks they had with Carr at QB the previous year.

I definitely see the problem. I've been watching it all year. The good thing is that Cassel has the mobility that Carr did not, and our O- line is probably worse than theirs.

In the right system I think Carr could be a decent QB. He just needs more time to find his recievers than did Shaub. Of course, I'm probably biased because I'm from Fresno, but the guys was pretty impressive when he was in college. Some guys just really suck when they get rattled, but can pick you apart if they have the time. Jay Cutler is like that- he's good if he has time throw, but sucks when he'd pressured. I can't imagine him succeeding behind our or the line Carr had in Houston. Perhaps, you could even say the same thing about Kurt Warner. I thought that guy was finished when he was playing behind a bad line, but look at him now. Doesn't look like the same guy who got benched in favor of Bulger.

I say we give Cassel a pass this season. He has a horrible line, subpar recievers, disasters at TE And FB, and up until last week very little in the way of a running game. He's no star QB, but he's our best player on offense, and can be productive if we put a little talent around him.

blaise 11-17-2009 02:04 PM

He reminds me of Carr because when you're watching him you're not sure how much is him holding the ball too long and how much is poor offensive line. And, like Carr, when Cassel has had chances to make a deep throw to an open receiver he's missed more of those opportunities than I would have expected. Both have some mobility, both say (or said) the right things, and both seem fairly tough when taking the hits. Right now when I see Cassel I see quite a bit of David Carr.

CoMoChief 11-17-2009 03:05 PM

Strong arm my ass, ever seen him throw the deep ball, Bill???? or were you too coked out of your mind and drunk?.......again

Rausch 11-17-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlegoogle (Post 6270364)
Bill Maas wanted us to draft that big Somoan guy in the draft couple of years ago.

what does that say?

****ing Samoan guys tend to know how to play football.

I'll take my chances with random racial opinions like that...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 6270727)
****ing Samoan guys tend to know how to play football.

Chiefs don't win SHIT until we acquire one.:D

GoHuge 11-17-2009 04:20 PM

As long as I don't hear Matt say "I bet I can throw a football over that mountain" than I'll give him time. In all reality he's a second year NFL QB on one of the shittiest teams with one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Not only that but until Sunday he's had no running game to speak of and two (well now one, thanks Bowe) NFL reciever! Remember the chicken salad out of chicken shit quote that was so popular around here? That is what some here seem to think he should be doing. That's just not fair to ask that of him. And btw Maas feels gun laws don't apply to him and was arrested with enough drugs on him just a couple years ago to have everyone on this team stoned for days. He's got enough problems making judgement calls in his own life he doesn't need to be saying shit about who or what somebody else is. Sadly this is coming from somebody that hunted with and knew Bill pretty well for about five years. When I knew him I thought he was the all around coolest guys I'd ever met. Hell he even picked me up from school early one day when I was like sixteen so we could go hunting together. Walked into the cafeteria (after my parents had called and he went into the office) and said "hey come on we're going hunting." Fifteen years ago that was a big ass deal to me and everybody else that just say Bill Maas come in and pretty much saw "hey lets get the hell out of here." I did my best to just calmly get up and tell my wide eye friends "see ya later." Not sure what the hell happened to the guy over the last five years. Really disappointing to me on a personal level.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge39 (Post 6270915)
As long as I don't hear Matt say "I bet I can throw a football over that mountain" than I'll give him time.

:spock: Mount Lenexa? Mount Lees Summit perhaps?:evil:

Direckshun 11-17-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 6269092)
Only a few of the greats have tempers on the field, because if one loses their cool that temper will lose the game.

Plus, Cassel is not Peyton Manning and hasn't earned that respect to yell and berate his teammates.

Good lord, I've seen Marino berate his offensive line for a minute.

I thought this was common knowledge.

GoHuge 11-17-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6270948)

Posted via Mobile Device

GoHuge 11-17-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6270948)

That one Uncle Rico was talking about. That was a big mountain!
:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 11-17-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 6270959)
Good lord, I've seen Marino berate his offensive line for a minute.

I thought this was common knowledge.

I said very few and he's an exception to the rule. yYu are talking about a HOFer their so don't even mention a guy like that with Cassel