ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

kcxiv 01-06-2010 08:29 PM

As long as we imrpove, i could give a shit who is the coach. We been in the dumps for a while now. They need to start winning whoever it is.

A good coordinator is a good coordinator. Haley is on his own for the first time and he's fresh meat as a HC, I am fine with all of this. I will always give someone a little while before i pass judgement. People get hired for a reason in the NFL. I dont think people will want to hire someone just for the hell of it. Especially a first year GM and a first year HC.

rocks 01-06-2010 08:29 PM

Upgrade.

SAUTO 01-06-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6416943)
Although it's possible that you're alluding to one of Hamas's earlier posts, trying to undercut Beane's achievements (not the author, obviously) is preposterous, given his market and the dynamics of (then) MLB.

i know who wrote it, my comment had nothong yo do with beane. but yeah the same thing goes for him on titles at that point. and that the goal right? to win it all. otwp said so, anything else is failure
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian 01-06-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416779)
Dorsey playing a one gap is essentially the same as him playing 3 Technique in a 4-3. He's just shooting a different gap.

Dorsey was an explosive player in college. 69 tackles, 12.5 TFL, and 7 sacks as a DT in the SEC when he played half the year hurt is rare and explosive.

Not in the Sapp mold. It's different. either way, he's not a 3-tech like you are thinking of. He's just not.

OnTheWarpath15 01-06-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 6416970)
i know who wrote it, my comment had nothong yo do with beane. but yeah the same thing goes for him on titles at that point. and that the goal right? to win it all. otwp said so, anything else is failure
Posted via Mobile Device

Would you like to argue otherwise?

Be my guest, I'd love to see this.

Dylan 01-06-2010 08:40 PM

Congratulations!!!!

MahiMike 01-06-2010 08:42 PM

BEST OFFSEASON EVA! or was that 2009? I forget.

SAUTO 01-06-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6417000)
Would you like to argue otherwise?

Be my guest, I'd love to see this.

where did i say that was wrong? ever?

all i said was that it was silly to pin it all on ONE PLAYER (the qb.) thats it.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-06-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 6416970)
Posted via Mobile Device

Ultimately, the goal is a championship. Period.

But the MLB comparison is a bad one because, for a long time, the playing field was not level, a far, far cry from the relative competitive balance in the NFL.

Edit: To your last post...how/why are we talking about QBs?

SAUTO 01-06-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6417029)
Ultimately, the goal is a championship. Period.

But the MLB comparison is a bad one because, for a long time, the playing field was not level, a far, far cry from the relative competitive balance in the NFL.

i know im a royals fan....
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-06-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 6417031)
i know im a royals fan....
Posted via Mobile Device

Another dumbass, like myself. :(

BossChief 01-06-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6416928)
Right now, it's the "hot" trend.

5 years ago, you could count the teams that run it on one hand.

Now, close to half the league runs it.

Meanwhile, Belichick is smart enough to see all these organizations chasing the trend, knowing players are going to harder to come by, so what does he do?

He's switching back to the 43. Lead the trend. Never follow it.

The thing is that the more the system is successful, like it has been, you are gonna get coaches/office guys that receive promotions for their efforts in coaching and supporting the system. This is gonna undoubtedly spread the use of said system more than it being a "fad".

If Pioli knows ton of 3-4 coaches, scouts and other football guys that have been in a certain system for a long while and been very successful in it and he takes over a team with a terrible defense, I dont fault him throwing out all the other stuff he can put in place to stick with a system that is historically bad.

After 2-14, the team needed a complete overhaul and even though we did have Dorsey, a major change was needed.

From a fans "instant gratification" persprective, it sucks that we threw out some young talent for a scheme change, but I can see why it was done and not because the person that did it was a fool.

SAUTO 01-06-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6417035)
Another dumbass, like myself. :(

i see you there brother :( hey itll be better next year

to tha ship.....:)
Posted via Mobile Device

MTG#10 01-06-2010 08:47 PM

What I like is that Clark's trying. Maybe all of his hires wont end up being perfect, but its obvious he's trying to bring in proven coaches Pioli thinks can win. Pretty sad its come to settling for that, but what can you do...

DaFace 01-06-2010 08:48 PM

This sounds more like Adam is speculating than him actually having inside info.