ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Tell me about Tampa Bay? What do you know? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226414)

BigRedChief 05-27-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 6783526)
Is there such a thing?

Man I've worked hard in my life, so I guess its my prespective. But, I do agree with the principle that you are worth whatever someone is willing to pay you.

Sfeihc 05-27-2010 08:20 AM

Crawford Ker's Wing House right? The old Cowboy O-Lineman opened up his own take on Hooters. I don't know if is still an owner but it's a good place. I suggest visiting the original Hooters in Clearwater. If you still got the pony you're already stylin' for wheels. They've got a smokin' new Hooters right off of 1-4 in Lakeland. Go Tigers! It's nice to be so far from home and still see a joint filled with Tigers stuff.

DaKCMan AP 05-27-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 6783566)
Crawford Ker's Wing House right? The old Cowboy O-Lineman opened up his own take on Hooters. I don't know if is still an owner but it's a good place. I suggest visiting the original Hooters in Clearwater. If you still got the pony you're already stylin' for wheels. They've got a smokin' new Hooters right off of 1-4 in Lakeland. Go Tigers! It's nice to be so far from home and still see a joint filled with Tigers stuff.

Yes, Ker's Wing House. There are now a bunch of them all over Tampa. The original is a couple of miles away from my work.

The original Hooters is nice to visit once, but it's nothing special. Again, only about 10-15 mins drive from home.

BigRedChief 05-27-2010 09:40 AM

welll not having a "Chiefs" place to gather and watch the games is going to have to change. :D

DaKCMan AP 05-27-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6783738)
welll not having a "Chiefs" place to gather and watch the games is going to have to change. :D

Fine with me. Let me know once you're in the area and finding a central locale shouldn't be a problem.

DeezNutz 05-27-2010 10:54 AM

Congrats on the new job, BRC.

Manila-Chief 05-27-2010 12:05 PM

Congrats BRC!!! We spent a weekend in Clearwater, last year, for a missions conference. I saw enough that I think we would love it down there.

Oh, just a friendly reminder ... your going to the place of beaches, bathing suits, sun, fun, etc year round ... so, in this process don't slip ... now you gotta continue to get those pounds off.:D

DaKCMan AP 05-27-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manila-Chief (Post 6784102)
Congrats BRC!!! We spent a weekend in Clearwater, last year, for a missions conference. I saw enough that I think we would love it down there.

Oh, just a friendly reminder ... your going to the place of beaches, bathing suits, sun, fun, etc year round ... so, in this process don't slip ... now you gotta continue to get those pounds off.:D

All he needs to do is stand outside and he'll sweat his ass off. It's been unbelievably hot the past couple of weeks.

Al Bundy 05-27-2010 05:08 PM

Congrats BRC, you'll love it.

OnTheWarpath15 05-27-2010 05:13 PM

Congrats, D.

Best of luck, though I'll miss the tailgates and jagerbombs.

When you you make the move?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-27-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6670558)
I told the company in Phoenix thanks but no thanks. Now, I've got a job in Tampa Bay that I've interviewed for, past the tech screen and HR wants to talk. What do I need to know about the area? Which ones are nice? Avoid? etc. Looks like you get beachfront property for 1/2 of what it was worth a year ago. Has the area real estate reached bottom yet?

The job would be at a military base in the area on the bay.

WTF, dude?!?!

j/k

BigRedChief 05-27-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6785087)
WTF, dude?!?!

j/k

I'd much rather work for Gen. Petreaus than a power company.

BigRedChief 05-27-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6784876)
Congrats, D.

Best of luck, though I'll miss the tailgates and jagerbombs.

When you you make the move?

negoiating. Probably 4 weeks. Going to be in St. Louis for a baseball game on July 4th and the fireworks at the arch. Like to wait till then but they are just twiddling their thumbs waiting on me to get down there.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-27-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6785097)
I'd much rather work for Gen. Petreaus than a power company.

Hey; whoever and whatever gets you paid, Brah.

Congrats!

BigRedChief 05-27-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6785107)
Hey; whoever and whatever gets you paid, Brah.

Congrats!

Not for me. Unless the job helps out the military, a charity, community, city, state or the federal government I'll not be an employee.