ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life CNN Money's Top 100 places to live (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230569)

jspchief 07-13-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISUJeff (Post 6876712)
Why all the hate for Ames on here? Admit it may not deserve top ten, but still it's a great town, even if I'm a little biased.
It doesn't have the nearby attractions of all the suburbs listed, but that's also kind of a selling point, that it is it's own little city by itself.
And white trash? C'mon. It's just a small Iowa city with 30,000 students and a beautiful campus.

Ames has a very small area that I would consider very nice, and small pockets here and there. But overall, that town is scummy.

Brock 07-13-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 6876701)
According to the MOA's website, it employs over 11,000 people year-round and 13,000 during peak periods.

But it's a ****ing mall. How could it possibly something a city can be proud of?

Hey, that's great. Walmart employs a lot of people too, but not too many towns brag about having one.

SDChiefs 07-13-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6875644)
Vegas? 8 out of 10 people I saw in Vegas were either fat or old people. I've been to So Cal twice, and sure if you are in the right area's you will see alot of good looking tail but there are alot of areas as well that you don't see that at all. The common blanket view of people is that Vegas, California, East Coast, Florida is ALL good looking people, and I'm sure that is true to some extent. I haven't been to the East Coast, but to be honest w/ you I saw the most beautiful people out of all my travels in Minneapolis and in Colorado. Most would probably not expect that.

I'm sure there are studys on this kind of thing, but aside from college towns, no where I've ever gone I've really noticed a huge difference...except in the South. I'm not saying KC is the mecca of hotties, but it isn't as bad as people on the coasts and urban legends make it out to be.

My boss is from New York and he lives in San Diego and I asked him who had better looking women. He said they both have good looking women just San Diego has them everywhere. I believe it was Forbes but I could be mistaken listed Miami and San Diego as the best looking people. You can throw a rock and hit a hottie here. Only problem is, they know they are hot.

SDChiefs 07-13-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire_lm (Post 6876222)
What part of YL have you been to? Its not called the "Land of Gracious Living" for nothing.

To be honest, Im not a huge fan of Orange County to begin with. Its just Yorba Linda struck me as pretty ghetto. More Montebello then Huntington Beach.

SDChiefs 07-13-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 6876223)
Yeah yeah, that's mostly the same shit any other big city has. I didn't go to Mall of America because the people that I was visiting were sick of going there with everyone who visited. And a shopping mall isn't anything groundbreaking anyway, even if it's the biggest one ever and has a roller coaster in it. It's still a bunch of stores. Whoopee.

And it's not about what Chicago has, it's what Chicago and many other cities don't have and that's the brutal winters.

I'm not really knocking it, I just find it hard to believe that 5 of their suburbs are really in the top 20 places to live in the entire country. Heck my friends that lived up there couldn't wait to get the hell out of there and bailed the first chance they got. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for a city.

Ive never been to the twin cities except for flying through and I hate them because of it. You have the Mall of America and you still have to have a damn mall in the airport. I had to run for 20 minutes just to have a smoke break in between flights. Not cool.

chiefsnorth 07-13-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefs (Post 6876765)
Ive never been to the twin cities except for flying through and I hate them because of it. You have the Mall of America and you still have to have a damn mall in the airport. I had to run for 20 minutes just to have a smoke break in between flights. Not cool.

How many airports are there where you can smoke inside the secured area?

SDChiefs 07-13-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsnorth (Post 6876803)
How many airports are there where you can smoke inside the secured area?

I have no clue.

RealSNR 07-13-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6876725)
Hey, that's great. Walmart employs a lot of people too, but not too many towns brag about having one.

What Walmart do you know employs 11,000 people?

Brock 07-13-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 6877462)

If there was such a thing, I doubt anybody would brag about it. Look, it's fine, enjoy your monument to people paying too much for bullshit they don't need. Just don't try to tell me that it's a reason to think Minnesota is a great place to live.

58-4ever 07-13-2010 05:01 PM

Norman dropped from #6 in 2008? I can't believe Stillwater ranked higher. Stillwater is a shit-hole.

58-4ever 07-13-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 6877462)

Probably a distribution center?

58-4ever 07-13-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6875284)
I'd pick Springfield, MO over nearly anyplace in Arkansas, especially Rogers. Also aver anyplace that's listed in OK.

Springfield over Edmond or Norman? Your and idiot.

NewChief 07-14-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6875284)
I'd pick Springfield, MO over nearly anyplace in Arkansas, especially Rogers. Also aver anyplace that's listed in OK.

Springfield isn't bad as far as the bars and downtown scene from what I remember during my trips there to see bands. Doesn't beat Fayetteville, though, mainly because we have a major university here. We also have a badass arts scene.

Otter 07-14-2010 08:40 AM

I want to bulldoze every politician, illegal alien and radical liberal into the Pacific Ocean and start California over.

Such potential. So much fail.

RunKC 09-13-2014 08:41 PM

I've been in Seattle and Portland for vacation this week and it's absolutely amazing up here.
Weather, food, activities. Not crowded.

The great northwest is where it's at. Just ask Mr. flopnuts