ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox's 'Terra Nova' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245180)

ThaVirus 09-14-2012 01:52 PM

I started watching this on Netflix recently. It has its flaws but I dug dinos and survivalist/civilization building type thingy shows and what not.

Plus Commander Taylor's a ****ing boss! Survived 118 days alone before the others arrived. What a G!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 7948400)
Meh.

I'd love to know how they set up that HUGE community though. Seems like it would have been difficult with all the workers being eaten.

This is something I've always wondered about. Were dinosaurs really that vicious? They were cold-blooded right? Wouldn't the predators be satisfied by a large meal for quite some time? Obviously they were much larger than the animals we see today so they'd require more food overall. But I feel like I'd stand a pretty good chance out in the wilderness these days, and that's in a world full of warm-blooded predators that need to eat everyday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8193366)

Yes. They'd both get a fierce dickin'.

DaneMcCloud 09-14-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus
This is something I've always wondered about. Were dinosaurs really that vicious? They were cold-blooded right?

There's a huge segment of scientists that now believe that dinosaurs were warm blooded mammals, based on bone findings consistent with mammals.

Basically, everything we thought we knew about dinosaurs before the 1980's is pretty much out the window (i.e., birds being descended from dinosaurs and not alligators, their skin, etc.).

I don't think dinosaurs were any more "vicious" than any other species that lived during their era. They ate to survive.

ThaVirus 09-15-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8222054)
not a bad season finale

betting on Burmuda Triangle

That would have to be it.

ThaVirus 09-15-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8910328)
There's a huge segment of scientists that now believe that dinosaurs were warm blooded mammals, based on bone findings consistent with mammals.

Basically, everything we thought we knew about dinosaurs before the 1980's is pretty much out the window (i.e., birds being descended from dinosaurs and not alligators, their skin, etc.).

I don't think dinosaurs were any more "vicious" than any other species that lived during their era. They ate to survive.

It's amazing how much we "know" changes about them all the time. I remember when I was a kid, a T Rex stood upright and then I guess they decided that it had more of a hunched over, forward lean.

I just wish I could see what they looked like in person! Dinosaurs are awesome.