ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248696)

Just Passin' By 08-19-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836538)
What is funny is the 49ers were talking about bringing in Culpepper. Even they think Culpepper is an upgrade over Smith to backup Kapernick.

Then why did they sign McCown instead of Culpepper?

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7836523)
That's because the fans hate him and chanted for Carr. Sort of like people here saying that no team would give up a pick for Cassel.

God, I hope Cassel can turn things around and show everyone he is a good QB this year playing the top defenses. But even if he didn't he already showed with the Patriots he can come in as a backup and not lose a game for his team. Alex Smith has never shown that. That is why the fans hate him so much and would rather he headbutt a flaming AIDS tree than play QB even as a backup.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836556)
Or the fact that the organization wants nothing to do with Smith because he didn't live up to his hype.

Yeah, especially passing on Rogers for Smith. Mike Mcarthy is now very happy.

But after they went from Joe Montana to Steve Young it makes me sick to hear them complain about QB's.

xztop12 08-19-2011 03:56 PM

Hahaha some guy named Larry writes an amateur article and it gets 8 pages of posts on here. What an astute bunch you all are.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7836565)
Then why did they sign McCown instead of Culpepper?

Yeah they went with McCown over Culpepper. They are both pretty horrible.

McCown started 31 games in eight seasons in the NFL with four different teams. No matter what the depth chart says, I can't imagine he is ahead of Kapernick when the season starts.

Just Passin' By 08-19-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836620)
Yeah they went with McCown over Culpepper. They are both pretty horrible.

McCown started 31 games in eight seasons in the NFL with four different teams. No matter what the depth chart says, I can't imagine he is ahead of Kapernick when the season starts.

But your claim was that they found Culpepper to be better. Are you saying that the new regime is deliberately passing over the better players in order to keep stiffs (that they didn't even draft) in the starting lineup?

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7836632)
But your claim was that they found Culpepper to be better. Are you saying that the new regime is deliberately passing over the better players in order to keep stiffs (that they didn't even draft) in the starting lineup?

I don't think very many people believed Smith would be on the team when the season started. The Smith experiment in San Fran hasn't worked. So looking at Culpepper, McCown or anyone else would be to backup Kapernick.

No way can Kapernick be worse than Smith or those other scrubs.

Titty Meat 08-19-2011 04:09 PM

If we're going to trade a pick for a QB i'd rather trade for Mike Kafkha.

Just Passin' By 08-19-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836655)
I don't think very many people believed Smith would be on the team when the season started. The Smith experiment in San Fran hasn't worked. So looking at Culpepper, McCown or anyone else would be to backup Kapernick.

No way can Kapernick be worse than Smith or those other scrubs.

Except that, right now, Kapernick is worse than Smith.

The Franchise 08-19-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7836694)

You're not going to talk him out of his hate for all things Alex Smith.

I seriously think Alex Smith ran over his dog or ****ed his mom.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7836694)

Well, according to the OP

"The 49ers drafted a quarterback for their future and now are looking to bring in a veteran quarterback to lead the team for a year and let Colin Kaepernick learn the ropes from someone other than Smith."

They are more ok with Kaepernick learning from McCown than Smith.

My point is if they are not ok with Smith as a backup we shouldn't be either.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836699)
You're not going to talk him out of his hate for all things Alex Smith.

I seriously think Alex Smith ran over his dog or ****ed his mom.

He went to run over my dog, missed and hit a fire hydrant. I posted earlier I wouldn't even let him try and **** my mother cause he would fumble it up and then miss her by 5 yards. ROFL

The Franchise 08-19-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 7836750)
He went to run over my dog, missed and hit a fire hydrant. I posted earlier I wouldn't even let him try and **** my mother cause he would fumble it up and then miss her by 5 yards. ROFL

Yeah....it was stupid back then when you said it.....anddddddddd it's still stupid now.

RustShack 08-19-2011 04:38 PM

51/53 really isn't that bad for a backup QB. Especially considering hes coming from such a bad and messed up organization. Odds are pretty good that Stanzi will throw more picks than TD's this year just like most rookies would just being thrown out to the wolves. I don't know what his contract is, but I wouldn't be against him being here for insurance for a year or two at MOST until Stanzi has a full grasp on everything. Even if Stanzi had a full offseason here, at least 9/10 times a rookie QB isn't going to be ready to take over.

ForeverChiefs58 08-19-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7836752)
Yeah....it was stupid back then when you said it.....anddddddddd it's still stupid now.

I disagree with you. Deal with it. You don't have to be such a ****ing asshole.