ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Branden Albert is innocent. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249030)

BossChief 08-27-2011 03:35 PM

When your quarterback cant stop looking at the rush, it is gonna make every opposing defense want to blitz every single play.

This OL (sans Richardson) would probably be above average if it werent for having a guy that cant make opposing defenses pay for blitzing him, under center.

That is one of the biggest things for quarterbacks to take the step into the conversation of the better quarterbacks in the NFL.

Blick 08-27-2011 03:45 PM

I like McCluster, but I hope we don't try to force him the ball when he's in the game.

On #6, Bowe is wide open, but Cassel immediately checks down to McCluster, giving him no room to maneuver on the sideline.

Hammock Parties 08-27-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 7855577)
Quit deflecting......I know you're the president of the Albert fan club, I mean come on you spent your morning creating a defense lawyer thread for him.......I hope he can be an average LT for us this year but you think he is already average and can be a pro bowler if he improves a little bit. That's like holding out hope that Cassel is going to turn into Peyton Manning. It's not going to happen.

1. When have I ever been some huge Albert fan? I like him about as much as any other player not named Charles, Bowe or Hali.

2. It's pretty hard to say he wasn't average last year. As for him turning into a Pro Bowler, I have no idea if that is possible. All I know is that through two preseason games people are screaming bloody murder over left tackle and they're wrong. Albert's play has been fine. He's turned in a winning effort.

Hammock Parties 08-27-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7856120)
The beat you're pinning on Moeaki (grab #2, I think) is one that we'd need to know the line call in order to judge.

Not really, it's pretty obvious from watching the play that it was a play action fake and Albert has to carry out a run fake in the direction of the run, which is a stretch run right. Hence, Albert goes right...

MIAdragon 08-27-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blick (Post 7856139)
I like McCluster, but I hope we don't try to force him the ball when he's in the game.

On #6, Bowe is wide open, but Cassel immediately checks down to McCluster, giving him no room to maneuver on the sideline.

It has nothing to do with forcing the ball to DMC I could replace him with you and Cassel would throw you the ball. Capt Checkdown is in full effect.

DTLB58 08-27-2011 04:41 PM

#14 Albert"s attempt at the cut block was just terrible. He needs to take that out of his game all together if that's all the better effort he can give. I've seen high school kids put more into a play.